Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-03-18, 11:56 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Does this tarnish Lebron's Legacy?

Does his team hopping diminish his legacy? Will 4 years of mediocrity with the Lakers tarnish his legacy?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-18, 05:37 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
First of all ... I donít believe all 4 years will be mediocrity ... they may not win a championship, but the will better than mediocre.

Second, how is it really that much different than if he stayed in Cleveland ... most likely the Cavs would have struggled to get back to the finals.

While do think he would have be given credit for staying, but by going to the Lakers without another star (thus far) doesnít seem as bad and will not take that big of hit ... if he actually had got KD to go with him or he signed to play with GS, then I think his legacy would have taken a hit.
Old 07-04-18, 08:40 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
First of all ... I donít believe all 4 years will be mediocrity ... they may not win a championship, but the will better than mediocre.

Second, how is it really that much different than if he stayed in Cleveland ... most likely the Cavs would have struggled to get back to the finals.

While do think he would have be given credit for staying, but by going to the Lakers without another star (thus far) doesnít seem as bad and will not take that big of hit ... if he actually had got KD to go with him or he signed to play with GS, then I think his legacy would have taken a hit.
I agree with everything except the Cavs struggling to get to the Finals. The Cavs, with LeBron, in the East have a WAYYYYYY better chance of getting to the Finals than the Lakers. LeBron has seen his last Finals, let alone championship.
Old 07-04-18, 11:25 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
I agree with everything except the Cavs struggling to get to the Finals. The Cavs, with LeBron, in the East have a WAYYYYYY better chance of getting to the Finals than the Lakers. LeBron has seen his last Finals, let alone championship.
Lebron will play in at least 2 more finals and win at least 1 more title.
Old 07-05-18, 06:08 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
When the NBA season starts the Lakers will be the second best team in the West,just watch the Magic man...BAM!
Old 07-05-18, 06:30 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
When the NBA season starts the Lakers will be the second best team in the West,just watch the Magic man...BAM!
Regular season??

Playoffs, maybe!
Old 07-05-18, 07:18 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Just because it's easier in the East than the West doesn't mean the Cavs wouldn't struggle to get to the Finals. Indy took them to 7. Celtics got more experienced and return their two best players. Philly gets more experienced. Agreed with joe, they'd have struggled to get back to the Finals.

But to answer the thread title: no.
Old 07-05-18, 09:03 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
LeBron is going to face the monster Western conference now. Look folks, if the Cavs were in the West, LeBron would have probably only made it to 3 or 4 finals in his career, and may have only one title at best. He's lived a great life in the weaker conference. The Lakers will struggle to make the playoffs next season unless they get alot more. Rondo, Stephenson, McGee and the band of kids there in no way can deal with the rest of the West. Golden State, Houston, Portland, Utah, New Orleans, Minnesota and San Antonio will all be better, and Denver may be right there with the Suns improving.

I've said this before, I respect LeBron as a basketball talent, he's a great father and man of the community in giving back. But I do not respect his persona as a man of character. What man, who's city has opened up to him, an owner who's paid him as much as he can, and has brought in and paid all his cronies over the years, simply turns his back on the city not once, but twice??

I really hate that pro sports has come to this. It's not illegal, it's certainly within his rights, but it's still not right. So to answer the question, does it tarnish his imagine...I say absolutely.
Old 07-05-18, 09:28 AM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
LeBron is going to face the monster Western conference now. Look folks, if the Cavs were in the West, LeBron would have probably only made it to 3 or 4 finals in his career, and may have only one title at best. He's lived a great life in the weaker conference. The Lakers will struggle to make the playoffs next season unless they get alot more. Rondo, Stephenson, McGee and the band of kids there in no way can deal with the rest of the West. Golden State, Houston, Portland, Utah, New Orleans, Minnesota and San Antonio will all be better, and Denver may be right there with the Suns improving.

I've said this before, I respect LeBron as a basketball talent, he's a great father and man of the community in giving back. But I do not respect his persona as a man of character. What man, who's city has opened up to him, an owner who's paid him as much as he can, and has brought in and paid all his cronies over the years, simply turns his back on the city not once, but twice??

I really hate that pro sports has come to this. It's not illegal, it's certainly within his rights, but it's still not right. So to answer the question, does it tarnish his imagine...I say absolutely.
If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.... you can play the if game until you are blue in the face but it doesnít change the fact he has 3 titles. If he wins another with the Lakers his image will only get better.
Right at this moment the Lakers are the 3rd best team in the West behind GS and Houston if they get Kawhi they will be 2nd.
Old 07-05-18, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.... you can play the if game until you are blue in the face but it doesnít change the fact he has 3 titles. If he wins another with the Lakers his image will only get better.
Right at this moment the Lakers are the 3rd best team in the West behind GS and Houston if they get Kawhi they will be 2nd.
I'm not sure about that. OKC and even NO or Portland could be trouble for LAL. Getting Leonard changes that equation.
Old 07-05-18, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Playoff team? Absolutely. 3rd best team in the West? LeBron's Cavs finished 4th in the East. You'll come back and say, regular season doesn't matter - fair enough. If they're the 3rd best team in the West that means they win their 1st Round series - likely would need to finish top 4 to do that - and would bow out in the Conference Semifinals to Houston or Golden State. That's doable, but they need a lot more from the young guys to get there. Similar to what Boston got from their young guys this season.
Old 07-05-18, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
His legacy is set. No matter what he does now he will still go down as one of the best players of all time.
Old 07-05-18, 03:48 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I think his legacy is intact, and can improve if he wins another title in LA as the main guy.

3rd best team in the west this year? No way unless they get Kawhi or another major player via trade in the coming months. For the Lakers to have any chance of hosting in the first round with their current roster, LeBron has to play way, way harder both ways than he did last season (que the stat from a while ago about how much he walked/stood this year; starting to get very selective about going hard, especially on the defensive end). I can't see him doing that as he wants to stay fresh for the playoffs and preserve his career longevity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-18, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
It may give a small segment of NBA fandom a red *** now, but all will be forgotten in time, not unlike Jordan's baseball foray, years in retirement and time with Washington.
Old 07-05-18, 04:40 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Look folks, if the Cavs were in the West, LeBron would have probably only made it to 3 or 4 finals in his career, and may have only one title at best.
Well he's won 3 titles, where I'm pretty sure he had to beat the western conference champion. So I think he'd still have 3.
Old 07-05-18, 05:17 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Pretty amazing 3 hr roundtable on 92.3's Bull and Fox Show today with Dave McMenamin, Jason Lloyd, and Joe Vardon. They basically spilled their guts on the last 4 years. Fascinating stuff.

I was in and out of the car - more out, unfortunately - so I'll post a link to the podcast when they put it up.

I'm left with the impression that LeBron is indeed the greatest ever, and also that CatAlum may have been closer to the mark than many of us wanted to realize

https://923thefan.radio.com/articles...and-joe-vardon
Old 07-06-18, 01:40 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Haven't listened to all of it, but what I've heard was good.

The most interesting thing to me was apparently Kyrie never wanted Lebron back in the first place. Reportedly telling people "we don't need him."

Was Kyrie not watching the same Cavs team I was prior to Lebron coming back? Just more evidence that he's delusional.
Old 07-06-18, 02:58 PM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Wow. Not even close. I'm a huge Lebron fan, and he will take the Lakers from awful into the playoffs, but unless they add Kawhi they are maybe a 5-6 seed at best with the current roster.

I like Kuzma, Ingram a lot. Lopez and Randle are OK. Lonzo is a decent point but can't shoot, and let's face it, LBJ will have the ball a lot. And since LBJ will have the ball a lot, Isaiah will likely have to go - he can't play with Lebron - we've seen that.

Golden State and Houston are clearly superior. I'd take Minnesota and OKC ahead of the Lakers. Possibly Portland. And Denver is improving fast. Lakers might get a 5-6 seed.
Old 07-09-18, 11:28 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
At some point, probably 20-25 years ago, many NBA fans became fans of players and not teams. The NBA began marketing individual players over teams.
This is dangerous for fan bases. These guy are now predisposed to knowing they will likely not play in one city their entire career. We've also made winning titles too important to a legacy. Individuals don't win titles, teams do.
Old 07-09-18, 03:06 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Haven't listened to all of it, but what I've heard was good.

The most interesting thing to me was apparently Kyrie never wanted Lebron back in the first place. Reportedly telling people "we don't need him."

Was Kyrie not watching the same Cavs team I was prior to Lebron coming back? Just more evidence that he's delusional.
Kyrie comes off really bad in that. It has changed my opinion of the entire debacle from it being a Cavs/LeBron issue to it mainly being a Kyrie issue
Old 07-09-18, 04:59 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
At some point, probably 20-25 years ago, many NBA fans became fans of players and not teams. The NBA began marketing individual players over teams.
This is dangerous for fan bases. These guy are now predisposed to knowing they will likely not play in one city their entire career. We've also made winning titles too important to a legacy. Individuals don't win titles, teams do.
Seriously. I was a fan of Oscar Robinson at UC and for the Royals. Didn't take away from supporting the team.