Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-22-18, 08:58 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'm really curious to see what Portland is going to do after drafting 2 guards in Gary Trent Jr and Anferne Simons. Simons is a potential boom pick, he's still so young with just turning 19 earlier this month. Will the both be used as backups? Is Portland going to move either CJ or Dame and do a rebuild?

I don't understand the 76ers moving Bridges. That's one of the most logical draft picks for the last 3 months.

I'm hoping Porter Jr works out for the Nuggets. The value was just too good to pass up for them. They're a borderline playoff team with their core right now and that could be the piece that sets them up in the west down the line. It might not work out but for teams like Denver, that's how you become great.

Really liked the Pacers getting Holiday. I think he'll fit in well next to Oladipo.

Celtics. Effing Celtics. Can't believe Williams fell to him.

The Hawks just picked up a crap ton of shooting. I'm still not sold Spellman being a great NBA player, but he's from Ohio so I'll root for him to do well.

Knicks might have gotten the 2nd best steal of the draft, after Porter Jr and Denver, in Mitchell Robinson in the 2nd. I think he'll pair great next to Kristaps.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-18, 10:55 AM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I'm really curious to see what Portland is going to do after drafting 2 guards in Gary Trent Jr and Anferne Simons. Simons is a potential boom pick, he's still so young with just turning 19 earlier this month. Will the both be used as backups? Is Portland going to move either CJ or Dame and do a rebuild?

I don't understand the 76ers moving Bridges. That's one of the most logical draft picks for the last 3 months.

I'm hoping Porter Jr works out for the Nuggets. The value was just too good to pass up for them. They're a borderline playoff team with their core right now and that could be the piece that sets them up in the west down the line. It might not work out but for teams like Denver, that's how you become great.

Really liked the Pacers getting Holiday. I think he'll fit in well next to Oladipo.

Celtics. Effing Celtics. Can't believe Williams fell to him.

The Hawks just picked up a crap ton of shooting. I'm still not sold Spellman being a great NBA player, but he's from Ohio so I'll root for him to do well.

Knicks might have gotten the 2nd best steal of the draft, after Porter Jr and Denver, in Mitchell Robinson in the 2nd. I think he'll pair great next to Kristaps.
I thought the Sixers move was great. Smith's floor might be a little lower than Bridges' but I'd say he has a much higher ceiling and getting the '21 unprotected first rounder pushed the deal over the top in the Sixers favor. That extra first round pick could be a great asset to have this summer if they look to trade for a star.

Otherwise, I agree with all of your other takes.
Old 06-22-18, 01:06 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
You wanted the self-proclaimed "Best Player in the Draft", I guess ? No thanks.

Some say LeBron wants to play off the ball. Sexton could get Curry in foul trouble pretty quickly. In some ways he was the best available. The Cavs will still have shooters, regardless of coming moves. I love the pick.
LeBron has said he want's to play off the ball for years and years, and nothing changes. He has to have the ball in his hands, and he's not willing to change that. That said, the Cavs have to do what's best for their team, and not getting a commitment form LeBron plays into the teams decisions.
Old 06-22-18, 02:04 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
LeBron has said he want's to play off the ball for years and years, and nothing changes. He has to have the ball in his hands, and he's not willing to change that. That said, the Cavs have to do what's best for their team, and not getting a commitment form LeBron plays into the teams decisions.
LeBron had Kyrie the first two years back .... and still didn't play off the ball ... LeBron can say it all he wants ... I believe it when I see it.
Old 06-22-18, 02:06 PM
All World

LiAngelo Ball won't be on the Lakers summer league team. Anyone shocked by this???
Old 06-22-18, 05:42 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
I thought the Sixers move was great. Smith's floor might be a little lower than Bridges' but I'd say he has a much higher ceiling and getting the '21 unprotected first rounder pushed the deal over the top in the Sixers favor. That extra first round pick could be a great asset to have this summer if they look to trade for a star.

I think Bridges would have been a great addition for Philly but I agree that they made the right move getting an unprotected first rounder, assuming their grade on Smith is really close to Bridges
Old 06-22-18, 07:46 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
LeBron had Kyrie the first two years back .... and still didn't play off the ball ... LeBron can say it all he wants ... I believe it when I see it.
And he can only do that in Cleveland...BAM!
Old 06-22-18, 08:43 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
LiAngelo Ball won't be on the Lakers summer league team. Anyone shocked by this???
He'll have trouble getting a spot in the developmental league. He wasn't going to be a contributor at UCLA. He's certainly nowhere near an NBA player.
Old 06-23-18, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Stoked about where Evans ended up. I don't like the Warriors, as a Cavs fan, but that was probably the best location for him to land.
Buddy of mine who's a season ticket holder told me he saw GS officials at a few UC games this past year, and read they were specifically scouting Evans. Perfect fit for him and for GS really.
Old 06-23-18, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
And he can only do that in Cleveland...BAM!
And then there are the hangers-on....more BAM!
Old 06-23-18, 01:29 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not at all, he will never be an NBA player.
Old 06-23-18, 03:38 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, that dude had pretty much no chance as an NBA player. Send him back overseas to the lower levels of European professional basketball where he belongs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-18, 10:08 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
What a landing spot for Evans. Did any of the XU players land anywhere decent ?
Old 06-23-18, 10:15 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
What a landing spot for Evans. Did any of the XU players land anywhere decent ?
Bluiett will play for the Pelicans' summer league team. Gates with the Bulls.
Old 06-23-18, 10:25 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bluiett will play for the Pelicans' summer league team. Gates with the Bulls.
Thanks. Nice to see Evans credit the UC staff for preparing him how to play defense in the NBA. Like to see if Bluiett can light up the score board at this level.
Old 06-25-18, 08:52 AM
All World

Quote:

The Sixers really liked Smith after working him out multiple times. It's too bad about Bridges because he's a hometown guy and they really thought he could fit with Philly. But this is the business side, and you can't just take guys because you like them and they are from the area.
I call this the Ohio State effect. Many Browns / Bengals fans who are also Buckeye fans think the Ohio teams should just stockpile Buckeye players and it's just not possible. You have to take the best players that you feel will help your team.
The Sixers need to get more athletic on the wings and guards. The Celtics exposed the Sixers in the playoffs with Redick, Bellanelli, Covington and McConnell. Smith, Fultz, Simmons, all can defend and are athletic.
If you are the Sixers and you want to get to the finals, you need guys that can guard Kyrie Irving, Jalen Brown and Jayson Tatum. They are going to be thorns in our sides for years.