Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-22-18, 08:58 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,065
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'm really curious to see what Portland is going to do after drafting 2 guards in Gary Trent Jr and Anferne Simons. Simons is a potential boom pick, he's still so young with just turning 19 earlier this month. Will the both be used as backups? Is Portland going to move either CJ or Dame and do a rebuild?

I don't understand the 76ers moving Bridges. That's one of the most logical draft picks for the last 3 months.

I'm hoping Porter Jr works out for the Nuggets. The value was just too good to pass up for them. They're a borderline playoff team with their core right now and that could be the piece that sets them up in the west down the line. It might not work out but for teams like Denver, that's how you become great.

Really liked the Pacers getting Holiday. I think he'll fit in well next to Oladipo.

Celtics. Effing Celtics. Can't believe Williams fell to him.

The Hawks just picked up a crap ton of shooting. I'm still not sold Spellman being a great NBA player, but he's from Ohio so I'll root for him to do well.

Knicks might have gotten the 2nd best steal of the draft, after Porter Jr and Denver, in Mitchell Robinson in the 2nd. I think he'll pair great next to Kristaps.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 06-22-18, 10:55 AM
Chop Stix Chop Stix is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-06-05
Location: Bayside High
Posts: 3,576
Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I'm really curious to see what Portland is going to do after drafting 2 guards in Gary Trent Jr and Anferne Simons. Simons is a potential boom pick, he's still so young with just turning 19 earlier this month. Will the both be used as backups? Is Portland going to move either CJ or Dame and do a rebuild?

I don't understand the 76ers moving Bridges. That's one of the most logical draft picks for the last 3 months.

I'm hoping Porter Jr works out for the Nuggets. The value was just too good to pass up for them. They're a borderline playoff team with their core right now and that could be the piece that sets them up in the west down the line. It might not work out but for teams like Denver, that's how you become great.

Really liked the Pacers getting Holiday. I think he'll fit in well next to Oladipo.

Celtics. Effing Celtics. Can't believe Williams fell to him.

The Hawks just picked up a crap ton of shooting. I'm still not sold Spellman being a great NBA player, but he's from Ohio so I'll root for him to do well.

Knicks might have gotten the 2nd best steal of the draft, after Porter Jr and Denver, in Mitchell Robinson in the 2nd. I think he'll pair great next to Kristaps.
I thought the Sixers move was great. Smith's floor might be a little lower than Bridges' but I'd say he has a much higher ceiling and getting the '21 unprotected first rounder pushed the deal over the top in the Sixers favor. That extra first round pick could be a great asset to have this summer if they look to trade for a star.

Otherwise, I agree with all of your other takes.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-22-18, 01:06 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,820
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
You wanted the self-proclaimed "Best Player in the Draft", I guess ? No thanks.

Some say LeBron wants to play off the ball. Sexton could get Curry in foul trouble pretty quickly. In some ways he was the best available. The Cavs will still have shooters, regardless of coming moves. I love the pick.
LeBron has said he want's to play off the ball for years and years, and nothing changes. He has to have the ball in his hands, and he's not willing to change that. That said, the Cavs have to do what's best for their team, and not getting a commitment form LeBron plays into the teams decisions.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-22-18, 02:04 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,785
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
LeBron has said he want's to play off the ball for years and years, and nothing changes. He has to have the ball in his hands, and he's not willing to change that. That said, the Cavs have to do what's best for their team, and not getting a commitment form LeBron plays into the teams decisions.
LeBron had Kyrie the first two years back .... and still didn't play off the ball ... LeBron can say it all he wants ... I believe it when I see it.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-22-18, 02:06 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,820
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
LiAngelo Ball won't be on the Lakers summer league team. Anyone shocked by this???
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-22-18, 05:42 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,579
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
I thought the Sixers move was great. Smith's floor might be a little lower than Bridges' but I'd say he has a much higher ceiling and getting the '21 unprotected first rounder pushed the deal over the top in the Sixers favor. That extra first round pick could be a great asset to have this summer if they look to trade for a star.

Otherwise, I agree with all of your other takes.
I think Bridges would have been a great addition for Philly but I agree that they made the right move getting an unprotected first rounder, assuming their grade on Smith is really close to Bridges
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-22-18, 07:46 PM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 5,178
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
LeBron had Kyrie the first two years back .... and still didn't play off the ball ... LeBron can say it all he wants ... I believe it when I see it.
And he can only do that in Cleveland...BAM!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-22-18, 08:43 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,675
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
LiAngelo Ball won't be on the Lakers summer league team. Anyone shocked by this???
He'll have trouble getting a spot in the developmental league. He wasn't going to be a contributor at UCLA. He's certainly nowhere near an NBA player.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-23-18, 10:23 AM
adselder09 adselder09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 13,776
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Stoked about where Evans ended up. I don't like the Warriors, as a Cavs fan, but that was probably the best location for him to land.
Buddy of mine who's a season ticket holder told me he saw GS officials at a few UC games this past year, and read they were specifically scouting Evans. Perfect fit for him and for GS really.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-23-18, 11:30 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,727
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
And he can only do that in Cleveland...BAM!
And then there are the hangers-on....more BAM!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-23-18, 01:29 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,521
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
LiAngelo Ball won't be on the Lakers summer league team. Anyone shocked by this???
Not at all, he will never be an NBA player.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-23-18, 03:38 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,705
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, that dude had pretty much no chance as an NBA player. Send him back overseas to the lower levels of European professional basketball where he belongs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-23-18, 10:08 PM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,517
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
What a landing spot for Evans. Did any of the XU players land anywhere decent ?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-23-18, 10:15 PM
Chop Stix Chop Stix is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-06-05
Location: Bayside High
Posts: 3,576
Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
What a landing spot for Evans. Did any of the XU players land anywhere decent ?
Bluiett will play for the Pelicans' summer league team. Gates with the Bulls.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-23-18, 10:25 PM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,517
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
Bluiett will play for the Pelicans' summer league team. Gates with the Bulls.
Thanks. Nice to see Evans credit the UC staff for preparing him how to play defense in the NBA. Like to see if Bluiett can light up the score board at this level.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-25-18, 08:52 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,820
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
I thought the Sixers move was great. Smith's floor might be a little lower than Bridges' but I'd say he has a much higher ceiling and getting the '21 unprotected first rounder pushed the deal over the top in the Sixers favor. That extra first round pick could be a great asset to have this summer if they look to trade for a star.

Otherwise, I agree with all of your other takes.
The Sixers really liked Smith after working him out multiple times. It's too bad about Bridges because he's a hometown guy and they really thought he could fit with Philly. But this is the business side, and you can't just take guys because you like them and they are from the area.
I call this the Ohio State effect. Many Browns / Bengals fans who are also Buckeye fans think the Ohio teams should just stockpile Buckeye players and it's just not possible. You have to take the best players that you feel will help your team.
The Sixers need to get more athletic on the wings and guards. The Celtics exposed the Sixers in the playoffs with Redick, Bellanelli, Covington and McConnell. Smith, Fultz, Simmons, all can defend and are athletic.
If you are the Sixers and you want to get to the finals, you need guys that can guard Kyrie Irving, Jalen Brown and Jayson Tatum. They are going to be thorns in our sides for years.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What changes would you make to the NFL, NBA, and/or MLB? Yappi General Board 92 02-07-18 11:20 AM
NFL DRAFT 2018 Predictions And Other Chat CusswordExpert614 National Football Board 1 01-29-18 01:59 PM
2018 NWSL Draft sportsfanofyear Girls Soccer 8 01-22-18 08:23 AM
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: The NBA, and not the NFL, is the league of America's future Yappi General Board 54 12-26-17 06:38 PM
Luke Kennard--NBA Draft 2017 borntopin Boys Basketball 24 10-20-17 03:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz