Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-08-18, 09:09 AM
All Region

HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
D1 Tournament Draw

Cincinnati
1. Loveland
2. Fairfield
3. Mason
4. Mercy McAuley
5. MND

Dayton
1. Beavercreek
2. Centerville
3. Springboro

I don't think any team outside of those 8 has a chance of winning the region. I think each of them will make it to the district finals pretty easily. Anderson and Mason will be an interesting matchup, and Sycamore will give Loveland all it can handle. Other than that it should be smooth sailing for the top seeds through the first two rounds. Beavercreek seems like the favorite to win the region, and will have the easiest path to the regional semis.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-18, 09:45 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Smooth sailing? This year every one has slipped up a game or two.

If anything I think this year is wide open. I definitely think FF makes it out. Loveland/Sycamore is going to be one heck of a match. Mercy MCauley wouldn't be surprised if West beats them, outside of their little home that they call a field. MND will have a tough time I think with Lebanon, and then Oak Hills or Ursula. Mason Anderson will be a good one! Probably my favorite possible matchup to watch.

Not sure smooth sailing, but everyone has their opinion. Will be a fun tournament thats for sure. I think Creek or Fairfield will be the last man standing representing the southwest. Not sure everyone makes it to district finals easily.

Last edited by cincysports4; 10-08-18 at 10:07 AM..
Old 10-08-18, 10:09 AM
All District

jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Didn't Cinci Mt ND just BEAT Loveland? Then got seeded 5th?? Hmmmmmm….might be an angry bunch.
Old 10-08-18, 10:20 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
Didn't Cinci Mt ND just BEAT Loveland? Then got seeded 5th?? Hmmmmmm….might be an angry bunch.
Seeding was done before they beat Loveland. Voters were likely looking at their 4-0 loss to MMHS and their 1-1 tie to SUA this week. Would definitely be higher if the voting had taken place after Saturday's game, and Loveland likely would have dropped to 2 or 3.
Old 10-08-18, 01:13 PM
Junior Varsity

SoccerNut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
Mt ND is a solid team. AL is the best midfielder in the GGCL this year.
Old 10-08-18, 01:17 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post

If anything I think this year is wide open. I definitely think FF makes it out. Loveland/Sycamore is going to be one heck of a match. Mercy MCauley wouldn't be surprised if West beats them, outside of their little home that they call a field. MND will have a tough time I think with Lebanon, and then Oak Hills or Ursula. Mason Anderson will be a good one! Probably my favorite possible matchup to atte watch.

Not sure smooth sailing, but everyone has their opinion. Will be a fun tournament thats for sure. I think Creek or Fairfield will be the last man standing representing the southwest. Not sure everyone makes it to district finals easily.
Fairfield will more than likely represent the Southwest this year. Creek is a good team but, every year they get out coached.
Old 10-08-18, 02:09 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
The links to the brackets are on this page.

It's strange that Cincinnati 1, 2, & 3 look different than when I first saw them yesterday.

I'll take:

Cinci 1 - Fairfield, 2 - West, 3 - Sycamore, 4 - Mason, 5 - MND

Dayton is a little more clear.

1- Centerville, 2- Boro, 3 - Creek
Old 10-08-18, 03:39 PM
Varsity

onehotbobo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerNut View Post
Fairfield will more than likely represent the Southwest this year. Creek is a good team but, every year they get out coached.

True - coach may all of a sudden play a lineup that makes no sense to anyone - happens every year. Which would be a shame because they may have the best roster they’ve ever had top to bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-18, 11:06 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:

If anything I think this year is wide open. I definitely think FF makes it out. Loveland/Sycamore is going to be one heck of a match. Mercy MCauley wouldn't be surprised if West beats them, outside of their little home that they call a field. MND will have a tough time I think with Lebanon, and then Oak Hills or Ursula. Mason Anderson will be a good one! Probably my favorite possible matchup to watch.

I agree FF will make it out. But, Loveland, West, Mason, Lebanon and Oak Hills will go far. Ursula’s coaching and team chemistry are way off this season.
Old 10-09-18, 04:21 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post

I could not reach the page from the link.

Here it is:
https://ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments...ament-Brackets

Old 10-09-18, 06:23 AM
Freshman

taximama24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post

It's strange that Cincinnati 1, 2, & 3 look different than when I first saw them yesterday.
I think they do too because I remember seeing that LW would meet MM in the second round and have to play on MM's sloped grass field they know how to use to their advantage and thinking MM wins that one. Now that they meet a round later at a neutral turf field that's a much more even game I think LW takes.
Old 10-09-18, 06:40 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximama24 View Post
I think they do too because I remember seeing that LW would meet MM in the second round and have to play on MM's sloped grass field they know how to use to their advantage and thinking MM wins that one. Now that they meet a round later at a neutral turf field that's a much more even game I think LW takes.
West v Mercy McAuley would be at a neutral site.
Old 10-09-18, 07:16 AM
Freshman

taximama24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
West v Mercy McAuley would be at a neutral site.
Right, they wouldn't meet til the 3rd round which is neutral sites, but as a pp said I too thought it had been different initially bc I could've sworn I saw LW was playing in the first round and if they won they played MM in the second round, and with MM seeded higher it would have been at MM. I thought I just remembered it wrong until pp mentioned it too, but either way I'm happy with the fix as that game is a much better game on a turf field.

Last edited by taximama24; 10-09-18 at 07:30 AM..
Old 10-09-18, 10:39 AM
All Region

Anyone know how the district champs will match up for the regional semis? In SW District 1, Cincinnati 2 plays Dayton 3 in the district final, but who will the winner play between the winners of SW District 2, 3, and 4? I can't seem to find that online.
Old 10-09-18, 12:22 PM
Freshman

Dino's Water Cooler is on a distinguished road
https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournam...ament-Brackets
Old 10-10-18, 01:29 PM
Varsity

Futbol2017 is on a distinguished road
Resting starters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerNut View Post
I agree FF will make it out. But, Loveland, West, Mason, Lebanon and Oak Hills will go far. Ursula’s coaching and team chemistry are way off this season.
FF ties Hamilton, West loses to Sycamore 4-0, Oak Hills loses to LE 3-0,Loveland loses to MND 2-0. Are they resting their starters? It looks like it is wide open going into the tournament. Mason, Fairfield and Loveland are the strongest coming out of the SW IMHO. Don't look past MND and MM, they've had some solid W's.
Old 10-10-18, 01:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol2017 View Post
FF ties Hamilton, West loses to Sycamore 4-0, Oak Hills loses to LE 3-0,Loveland loses to MND 2-0. Are they resting their starters? It looks like it is wide open going into the tournament. Mason, Fairfield and Loveland are the strongest coming out of the SW IMHO. Don't look past MND and MM, they've had some solid W's.
Always odd scores after tournament brackets are posted. I always thought they should play all 16 games, then do the seed draw, makes every game more meaningful. Not sure though about resting players or not. The fun begins next week. Thats where it all matters. Some great matchups.
Old 10-10-18, 01:52 PM
Varsity

Futbol2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Always odd scores after tournament brackets are posted. I always thought they should play all 16 games, then do the seed draw, makes every game more meaningful. Not sure though about resting players or not. The fun begins next week. Thats where it all matters. Some great matchups.
I agree with you, but wouldn't be practical for the seeds being voted on and then posted unfortunately. Some of the scores just surprised me. This will be a very interesting couple of weeks!
Old 10-10-18, 02:49 PM
All Region

My prediction of the district finals
Lakota West v. Beavercreek
Fairfield v. MND
Springboro v. Loveland
Centerville v. Mason

Then
Fairfield v. Beavercreek
Loveland v. Centerville

With Beavercreek over Loveland for the regional title.
Old 10-10-18, 03:07 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaaaveYouMetTed View Post
My prediction of the district finals
Lakota West v. Beavercreek
Fairfield v. MND
Springboro v. Loveland
Centerville v. Mason

Then
Fairfield v. Beavercreek
Loveland v. Centerville

With Beavercreek over Loveland for the regional title.

Based on what information I have this is reasonable.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: