Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-07-18, 04:27 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
20 die in 'horrific' limousine crash in Upstate New York

Quote:
Twenty people were dead and a picturesque, Upstate New York community was in shock and mourning Sunday after a "horrific" crash of a limousine van near an intersection of rural, winding roads.

State Police spokesman Christopher Fiore said the limousine failed to stop at the intersection in the town of Schoharie and slammed into a parked, unoccupied SUV. Eighteen people in the limousine, including the driver, and two pedestrians were killed in the crash Saturday, he said.

"Everyone inside the limousine was killed," Fiore said.
Read more:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...dy/1558344002/
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-18, 06:47 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
It always amazes me how news is consumed by people. There has been very little said or discussed about this, and as I understand it's one of the worst traffic accidents as far as causalities in several years.
Such a sad story. It appears it was an adult group going out to celebrate a birthday party. Many of those killed have small children who are now left behind.
Old 10-09-18, 07:10 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
It's hard to comprehend 18 people being killed inside a vehicle that didn't go over a cliff, or explode and burn. Even if nobody was wearing a seatbelt, you'd think some of the bodies would have cushioned others, so that there'd be at least a few survivors.
Old 10-09-18, 07:23 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Latest news...
Limo failed last safety check and should not have been used until reinspected after corrections.
Driver did not have proper license.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art..._campaign=1490

:>---

SALT
Old 10-09-18, 07:31 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
It's hard to comprehend 18 people being killed inside a vehicle that didn't go over a cliff, or explode and burn. Even if nobody was wearing a seatbelt, you'd think some of the bodies would have cushioned others, so that there'd be at least a few survivors.
Agree, you just rarely see this many fatalities in auto accidents of this nature, it will be interesting to see how things unfolded. I'd almost have to imagine no one had seatbelts on and, at 60 MPH, when they hit the ditch, it was probably bodies flying from the back of the vehicle to the front.

As posted later on this thread, the limo company is bad and had all kinds of safety issues. Just a tragedy.
Old 10-09-18, 07:49 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
I am not surprised this happened. The stretch limos I have been in seem like death traps and most of the folks along for a ride are very buzzed. The drivers are usually part timers too with basic driving skills and are just doing this to make spare cash, sometimes to feed some sort of habit.
Old 10-09-18, 09:44 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I think eventually we'll hear the the driver had a heart attack or they'll find drugs in his system.
Old 10-10-18, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
what is the chance of some sort of carbon monoxide poisoning going on here..... I find it hard to believe that every one died in this unless something else was going on....
Old 10-10-18, 05:50 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
The limo’s engine was pushed into the passenger cabin with 18 bodies flying around. Hardly a surprise they all died of blunt head trauma.
Old 10-10-18, 05:53 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Sounds like they're arresting the son of the owner of the limo company for criminal negligence in putting that limo on the road.

I've often wondered just how safe those "Frankenstein" limos were.
Old 10-10-18, 05:55 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Has anyone driven a ford excursion? I drove a rental in the Rockies and was scared to death....total pos. So this limo was a modified pos.
Old 10-10-18, 06:22 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Do you jeed a CDL to drive those?
Old 10-10-18, 07:01 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
You need a class B with a passenger endorsement. He apparently didn't have the endorsement or the Class B. You can't drive a vehicle with more than so many occupants without the Class B CDL and endorsement. No matter the kind of vehicle.

I hope they crucify the owner for letting a bad vehicle out on the road and an unqualified driver operate it.
Old 10-11-18, 08:32 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
You need a class B with a passenger endorsement. He apparently didn't have the endorsement or the Class B. You can't drive a vehicle with more than so many occupants without the Class B CDL and endorsement. No matter the kind of vehicle.

I hope they crucify the owner for letting a bad vehicle out on the road and an unqualified driver operate it.
Why am I going to guess the owners had no insurance and no assets. This looked like a rogue company to deal with. So sad. Still amazed all occupants were killed in a crash that didn't involve a fire or going off a cliff or something like that.
Old 10-11-18, 09:17 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
The owner of the company is (and was) out of the country (in Pakistan), the son was
left in charge of the company.

---

The word is that the safety inspection that the limo failed was the anti-lock brake system
failed to engage when tested.

:>---

EGA

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: