Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-18, 07:45 AM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 105
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
It begins......

The tool coaches arrive for 2018.....

Van Buren 24
Ostego 1

Anna 17
Greenville 0

Idiots.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-19-18, 07:36 AM
3343 3343 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-17
Posts: 64
3343 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
The tool coaches arrive for 2018.....

Van Buren 24
Ostego 1

Anna 17
Greenville 0

Idiots.
In your opinion when should the scoring stop? Just curious?

I agree with you though that these scores are ridiculous and there is no need to be scoring this many goals.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-19-18, 07:52 AM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 105
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
The 'unofficial' max score that most quality coaches cut things off is 8-0 or 9-0. But in addition, if a coach has their 'star' player score 5 or 6 goals against an obvious inferior opponent....classless. Common sense stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-19-18, 08:43 AM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,102
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
How in the world do you give up a goal if you score 24?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-19-18, 08:59 AM
3343 3343 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-17
Posts: 64
3343 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
The 'unofficial' max score that most quality coaches cut things off is 8-0 or 9-0. But in addition, if a coach has their 'star' player score 5 or 6 goals against an obvious inferior opponent....classless. Common sense stuff.
I agree with 9-0 being a good stopping point.

I witnessed this team/coach beat a team 15-1 in a preseason scrimmage where the other team was playing many JV players trying to figure out teams for the upcoming season.

He is a very classless coach in my opinion!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-19-18, 10:19 AM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,492
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
The more prudent thing to do would be to not schedule those games. Perhaps they have no choice if they are in conference but thats an even better reason to ease up on them. My daughters team was very good all 4 years she played (State title one year) the worse they ever beat anyone was 10-0 and I remember being uncomfortable with that. Of course they tried to schedule opponents that would make them better not pad stats.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-19-18, 11:41 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 9,390
winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
How in the world do you give up a goal if you score 24?
Saw a boys team recently finish with only 7 field players. Maybe that is how a goal was given up?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-19-18, 12:35 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,338
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3343 View Post
I agree with 9-0 being a good stopping point.

I witnessed this team/coach beat a team 15-1 in a preseason scrimmage where the other team was playing many JV players trying to figure out teams for the upcoming season.

He is a very classless coach in my opinion!
Ok calling him classless may be harsh. While I agree this seems wrong I am not sure what was done to control it. Did you play with JV players and no goalie and still scored? Did he reduce the number of players on the field? Is playing keep away for 40 minutes really a great idea to humiliate the team even more? If the coach only reports the score differently who does the coach chose to say they scored to the paper? I would love to hear your guys thoughts how you would handle it. Also do you get upset when a HS Football team wins 56 to 0? If not why not. Again I agree the coach needs to do things to help control this.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-19-18, 12:54 PM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: North Side
Posts: 9,871
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
My sons HS team has won games 10-0, 11-0 and 18-0 this year. In the 18-0 game i think we had at least 12 different scorers. We have some teams in our conference that are really down. Some with just 11 or 12 kids.

Just 3 years ago when the soccer team was created at the school they were on the short end of very similar scores. One memorable one was 16-0.

Almost all the seniors we have on the team now were on that first team. They know what it was like.

As someone that has been on both ends of these sorts of scores I think either way it is uncomfortable and borderline unwatchable.

One thing i wouldn't do is have a mercy rule. It's about participation so let's play.

If you want to shorten things how about substituting on just about everything once you hit the 6-0/running clock mark? Fouls, offsides, corners, goal kicks, cards.... everything. If there is a stoppage and there is a sub standing there, no matter which team they are on, bring them on. That would help a little.

Other than that I'm not sure what you could do and have it still be the same game.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-19-18, 01:08 PM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Hunting Valley
Posts: 1,758
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Loveland girls played Withrow last night and won 7-0. It was a required game because both schools are in the ECC. Fairfield played Middletown and won 9-0. Again, it was a required game because both schools are in the GMC. Loveland and Fairfield probably could have put up a lot more goals. What did the coaches do to keep the scores respectable? If both of those coaches can do it, others can as well.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-19-18, 01:35 PM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,102
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Saw a boys team recently finish with only 7 field players. Maybe that is how a goal was given up?
Maybe. Although I don't know if a coach willing to score 24 goals would be pulling players off.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-19-18, 02:18 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 9,390
winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Loveland girls played Withrow last night and won 7-0. It was a required game because both schools are in the ECC. Fairfield played Middletown and won 9-0. Again, it was a required game because both schools are in the GMC. Loveland and Fairfield probably could have put up a lot more goals. What did the coaches do to keep the scores respectable? If both of those coaches can do it, others can as well.
It's a bad situation for everyone involved and I don't think there are easy answers. Sometimes it gets out of control real fast. JV players that get in want their chance to score their first varsity goals. Defensive players that are getting to play offense also want chances to score goals they otherwise don't get a chance to do. Maybe the team has been off for an unplanned extended length (weather recently?) and want to get the starters some minutes before the schedule strengthens.

Coaches can pull players off the field. They can play keep away. Only score off of headers only or non-dominant foot. Keep the clock running the entire game. No shots at all at a certain point. Then they can get accused of trying to humiliate the other team no matter what they do while others might see it as "mercy".

It's my opinion that the people most upset with this are the adults. The players on the wrong end usually know what is going to happen going into the game. And they have already forgotten about the score or their "humiliation" before they sit down in the bus.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-19-18, 03:51 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 358
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
I throw this out there for the sake of argument. Does Ohio have district meetings where coaches make cases for the players as some type All-District equivalent?

In Indiana we have the district meetings after the season. This leads to district games that weigh heavily on All-State selections.

I have been heavily critical in the past of our coach for leaving starters in during a 13-0 win over a team. Last night we won 16-1 on senior night. In defense we tried to get all the seniors a score.

But the other hand, our school is in the same district as the power Indy schools. Because we are so close to the Ohio border the Indy coaches don't see our players. Coaches in our area don't bother to attend these meetings because when they have the occasional ECNL level player come up, they have no chance of a nomination. I've seen D1 committed girls (Butler, IUPUI) not have a chance at All-State because they didn't get to the games.

I let this game get out of hand because I have an ECNL senior who needs gaudy stats to get recognition be the schools first All-district in 20 years. I've had her on a 3 goal/game limit until the last couple of weeks. I'm personally embarrassed at 16-1, but we didn't get there because vanity, I just let it get out of hand (Dropped two goals in the last 30 seconds).
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-19-18, 03:53 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,338
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Loveland girls played Withrow last night and won 7-0. It was a required game because both schools are in the ECC. Fairfield played Middletown and won 9-0. Again, it was a required game because both schools are in the GMC. Loveland and Fairfield probably could have put up a lot more goals. What did the coaches do to keep the scores respectable? If both of those coaches can do it, others can as well.
Roh,
I know a few HS coaches that wont report more than a 5 goal lead when they beat a team. Are you sure this is not the case in either of these games?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-19-18, 06:39 PM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 105
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
I throw this out there for the sake of argument. Does Ohio have district meetings where coaches make cases for the players as some type All-District equivalent?

In Indiana we have the district meetings after the season. This leads to district games that weigh heavily on All-State selections.

I have been heavily critical in the past of our coach for leaving starters in during a 13-0 win over a team. Last night we won 16-1 on senior night. In defense we tried to get all the seniors a score.

But the other hand, our school is in the same district as the power Indy schools. Because we are so close to the Ohio border the Indy coaches don't see our players. Coaches in our area don't bother to attend these meetings because when they have the occasional ECNL level player come up, they have no chance of a nomination. I've seen D1 committed girls (Butler, IUPUI) not have a chance at All-State because they didn't get to the games.

I let this game get out of hand because I have an ECNL senior who needs gaudy stats to get recognition be the schools first All-district in 20 years. I've had her on a 3 goal/game limit until the last couple of weeks. I'm personally embarrassed at 16-1, but we didn't get there because vanity, I just let it get out of hand (Dropped two goals in the last 30 seconds).
This is the WORST POST I have seen in about a billion years. Way to make constant excuses for your toolness…...so pathetic. If you truly think an ECNL player needs 'stats' to get an offer, you should not be coaching ANYWHERE. crap sake, the BIGGEST D1 conference coaches NEVER keep or care a crap about 'stats' when they watch a players game- they watch technique, field vision, composure and most importantly COACHABILITY. Again, nice idiotic excuses that are meaningless and transparent.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-19-18, 07:36 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 9,390
winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
This is the WORST POST I have seen in about a billion years. Way to make constant excuses for your toolness…...so pathetic. If you truly think an ECNL player needs 'stats' to get an offer, you should not be coaching ANYWHERE. crap sake, the BIGGEST D1 conference coaches NEVER keep or care a crap about 'stats' when they watch a players game- they watch technique, field vision, composure and most importantly COACHABILITY. Again, nice idiotic excuses that are meaningless and transparent.
I think he said to get the girls all state recognition not offers. In fact he said some girls already had D1 offers but couldn't make the all state team.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-19-18, 09:18 PM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 105
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I think he said to get the girls all state recognition not offers. In fact he said some girls already had D1 offers but couldn't make the all state team.
exact same difference....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-19-18, 09:34 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 9,390
winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
exact same difference....
Lol. Ok. If you say so.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-20-18, 12:48 AM
soccer21stcentury soccer21stcentury is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-29-14
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 111
soccer21stcentury is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
This is the WORST POST I have seen in about a billion years. Way to make constant excuses for your toolness…...so pathetic. If you truly think an ECNL player needs 'stats' to get an offer, you should not be coaching ANYWHERE. crap sake, the BIGGEST D1 conference coaches NEVER keep or care a crap about 'stats' when they watch a players game- they watch technique, field vision, composure and most importantly COACHABILITY. Again, nice idiotic excuses that are meaningless and transparent.
Wonder why the ECNL senior (coaches kid) not already committed?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-20-18, 08:44 AM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Hunting Valley
Posts: 1,758
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
My brother lives in Illinois and has kids still playing high school soccer. He said that Illinois has adopted a score differential/mercy rule for soccer. Here it is:

Quote:
During the regular season and State series games, if there is a seven (7) goal differential at the start of the second half or any time after the start of the second half, the clock shall be reduced by half of the remaining time. There are no other acceptable variations.
I'm confused about your post, Hoosier. You said that you've been critical of your coach:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
I have been heavily critical in the past of our coach for leaving starters in during a 13-0 win over a team. Last night we won 16-1 on senior night. In defense we tried to get all the seniors a score.
Here you sound as if you are the coach:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
I let this game get out of hand because I have an ECNL senior who needs gaudy stats to get recognition be the schools first All-district in 20 years. I've had her on a 3 goal/game limit until the last couple of weeks. I'm personally embarrassed at 16-1, but we didn't get there because vanity, I just let it get out of hand (Dropped two goals in the last 30 seconds).
If, indeed, your are the coach, hanging 16 goals on an opponent is ridiculous and qualifies you for a Craftsman Award. If you're not the coach, I can see why you are critical of, and embarrassed by, the coach.

You stated that you, or the coach, were trying to get all of the seniors a score. While I could be tempted to say that is honorable I won't because there's a lot more to the game than scoring. Soccer is supposed to be a game in which goals are difficult to come by. I would suggest that if the team you drubbed 16-1 isn't in your league you should drop them off of your schedule.

Also, if you are the coach, did any of your players score 5 or more goals? If so, what is that about? I suspect that the ECNL senior that "needs gaudy stats" may be an offender since you, or the coach, had her on a 3 goal per game limit until the last couple weeks. Have some class and put the limit back on her. Also, don't be fooled into thinking that college coaches want to see those gaudy stats. They know what is going on and will know that those stats were accumulated vs weak competition. I don't always agree with Jed but he nailed it with this when talking about what coaches are looking for: "they watch technique, field vision, composure and most importantly COACHABILITY."

There was a coach in Ohio maybe about 10 years ago that had a player he would often let score around 10 goals a game. I think in one game she scored somewhere around 15 goals and in her career scored somewhere around 200 goals. It was some small school in SE Ohio around Wheeling, WV, so that tells you what kind of competition the team faced. Put that same kid in strong league in the Cleveland, Columbus, or Cincinnati areas and she's probably lucky to get 10 goals in a season or more but she's probably a better player for facing the better competition. FWIW, I think she went to Clemson and didn't play and then transferred to a MAC school and had a respectable career. I've digressed but, in short, if you are the coach, Hoosier, don't be a Craftsman like this coach.

In the end, this really comes down to the coach. The Ohio kid I described above can't be blamed for accumulating gaudy stats because the coach is the one that let it happen. I'm also not sure that the Illinois rule above is the answer. If coaches are respectful of opponents, rules wouldn't need to be instituted on this matter. Coaches need common sense and class and need to realize that they'll eventually get taken to the woodshed for a beat down.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-20-18, 09:04 AM
yapster2017 yapster2017 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 06-12-17
Posts: 26
yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by

I let this game get out of hand because [B
I have an ECNL senior who needs gaudy stats to get recognition be the schools first All-district in 20 years[/B]. I've had her on a 3 goal/game limit until the last couple of weeks. I'm personally embarrassed at 16-1, but we didn't get there because vanity, I just let it get out of hand (Dropped two goals in the last 30 seconds).

This is absolutely pathetic and classless. Your excuse for why you showed no sportsmanship and or respect for your opponent is extremely shallow. Tool of the F***ing Year
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-20-18, 09:09 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 306
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Loveland could have beaten Withrow 20-0. Maybe more. They stopped at 7 and put some restrictions on how the girls were allowed to score. After the ref called a pk early on, one of Loveland's coaches apparently asked the ref not to call any more penalties. I recall a few years ago the girls were told they could not score more than 8 and when a 9th goal trickled in, the girls had to run the next day.

Perhaps most impressive of all is that for at least the second year in a row, Loveland's girls hosted Withrow's girls for dinner before the game and donated some equipment (balls, cones, pennies, etc.) that Withrow needed more of for practice. After sitting through that game, I am as impressed with Withrow's coaches as any coaches in the ECC. Their job presents challenges that are foreign to most other coaching staffs, and they do a fantastic job.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-20-18, 09:11 AM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Hunting Valley
Posts: 1,758
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Roh,
I know a few HS coaches that wont report more than a 5 goal lead when they beat a team. Are you sure this is not the case in either of these games?
No, I'm not sure. I know who both of the coaches are, though, and they seem to be good guys. I'm just imagining, based on what I know of them, that they respected their opponents.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-20-18, 09:28 AM
HSfooty1977 HSfooty1977 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-13-15
Posts: 42
HSfooty1977 is on a distinguished road
Just to stir the pot:
Why is it that high school soccer, boys or girls, is the only sport where running up the score or continuing to score is considered disrespect or poor coaching? I have had this debate with many other coaches, parents and ADs and never received a quality explanation. Considering in football, baseball, and basketball blowing a team out and having the "scrubs" score is exceptable, WHY? My policy is to keep the score under 10 goals, but there is a glaring problem in other sports, but it okay #doublestandard. AKA: Princeton basketball 101-38, Mason football 55-0.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-20-18, 10:08 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 9,390
winbypin will become famous soon enough
I said it before...I'll say it again. This is an adult problem. They are the ones that seem to be walking away with the hurt feelings. The kids on the losing end knew what was going to happen before the whistle blew. And they forgot about it about 30 seconds after the last whistle blew.

Not condoning running up the score but also don't think its as big a deal as some are trying to make it out to be.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-20-18, 11:32 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 358
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Not sure how to clarify everything in one response. There's a few inferences made, based on things I didn't say, so I'll ignore those.

I get the outrage and appreciate it. I threw it out to the confessional to get Jed's perspective, I'll move on and learn from it. It's not something I've done before.

In reference to the stats. It has nothing to do with college. We all know that colleges don't really pay attention to HS stats, particularly for this reason. No one answered my question about how you guys do it in Ohio. You guys were so busy condescending you never really addressed the issue which was to point out that small schools might have alternative reasons for letting scores get higher.

For us, our school hasn't had an all-state or all district candidate in twenty years. Although it's my first year to coach, I've been associated with the program and going to the district meetings for years. Coaches from our side of the state generally don't go to these meetings because their legitimate nominees don't get nominated for the district games or chosen all-state. You could argue it's politics but I'd guess it's just an issue of exposure.

I've seen small school girls get nominated based on bloated stats. We are a big school with one club girl. She's been the focal point of the program for 4 years. She's done the right thing and spread the ball around for three and a half years (top 5 in Indiana in assists). If your piety wouldn't allow you to cut her and the other girl loose in the last couple weeks to get the necessary exposure, I'd argue you don't recognize the complexity of advocating for your players and program. Nobody addressed my question of whether Ohio's system is less political.

Undoubtledly the score was unfortunate and I'll be more vigilant in the future. Jed I'll send you my address for the award.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-20-18, 12:06 PM
belied dat belied dat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 451
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Kentucky has a mercy rule, 10 goals at half or anytime after and the game ends.

Ohio does not have anything set to keep scores down. Everything would be up to the coach(es).
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-21-18, 07:43 AM
3343 3343 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-17
Posts: 64
3343 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Ok calling him classless may be harsh. While I agree this seems wrong I am not sure what was done to control it. Did you play with JV players and no goalie and still scored? Did he reduce the number of players on the field? Is playing keep away for 40 minutes really a great idea to humiliate the team even more? If the coach only reports the score differently who does the coach chose to say they scored to the paper? I would love to hear your guys thoughts how you would handle it. Also do you get upset when a HS Football team wins 56 to 0? If not why not. Again I agree the coach needs to do things to help control this.
They game I witnessed in the preseason he still had all of his starters on the field at the end of the game still going full speed. Did not hold them back at all. He had girls on the bench that did not even see the field.

Also, I have stumbled upon their soccer teams Twitter account and they are very proud of all the records they keep breaking. Announced the other day how 17 goals in a game would add them to the list on the OHSAA website for goals in a game. Im pretty sure all he cares about are stats and how many goals his team can score.

I do agree with you that knocking the ball around and playing keep away is just as bad. Its a tough spot for a team to be in, but this guy does nothing to slow his team down and allows his top players to score 5,6,7 goals a game against much weaker teams.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-21-18, 08:58 AM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Hunting Valley
Posts: 1,758
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Also do you get upset when a HS Football team wins 56 to 0? If not why not. Again I agree the coach needs to do things to help control this.
I just noticed this part of your post, coach.

No, a 56-0 score in football doesn't bother me. I know it's not totally analogous but if you look at 1 goal in soccer being the equivalent of a TD and an extra point in football, that 56-0 football score is a 8-0 soccer score. To put this into perspective the 16-1 soccer score is a 112-7 football score. The Van Buren score that Jed referenced is a 168-7 score in football. And to think that it's supposed to more difficult to score a goal in soccer vs a TD in football.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-21-18, 11:56 AM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,338
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
I just noticed this part of your post, coach.

No, a 56-0 score in football doesn't bother me. I know it's not totally analogous but if you look at 1 goal in soccer being the equivalent of a TD and an extra point in football, that 56-0 football score is a 8-0 soccer score. To put this into perspective the 16-1 soccer score is a 112-7 football score. The Van Buren score that Jed referenced is a 168-7 score in football. And to think that it's supposed to more difficult to score a goal in soccer vs a TD in football.
Roh,
That's a good way to look at it. I do see football scores though of 67-20; 70-38; 65-12 and so on. I wonder if people think the coach should tell the players not score just get to the one and take a knee? It's a bad situation to be in as a coach when its a league match that you have to play. I believe most all coaches move players around use their 2nd string or even play short but to tell a team to not score is worse. There are a very few though that are winners of the Craftsman Award and I think their AD's need to address that with the coach when it happens.

I have also seen lopsided scores in club soccer too. Most tournaments allow only a 5 goal differential so the score may have been 10-1 but its only reported as 6-1 on their site and for the purpose of advancing if it comes to goal differential.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
#ShaneStrong: Shane Homan Progress Report, The Journey Begins Captain_Cavman Football 20 09-19-18 10:46 PM
Two National Current Consecutive Game Win Leaders...The 2018 Journey Begins radiodavel 2 National Football Board 0 08-04-18 03:38 PM
Jerry Snodgrass Begins OHSAA Executive Director Position Yappi Football 4 07-11-18 07:25 AM
The 2018 GEICO ESPN High School Football Kickoff Begins Friday, August 24 Yappi Football 0 06-20-18 10:30 PM
David Goodall: Scientist, 104, begins trip to end his life Yappi Debate Forum 10 05-02-18 02:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz