Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-02-18, 01:09 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post
Sycamore and MND are actually switched. I think some things can change before Sundays seed meeting. Some key games tonight and this week:

Oak Hills at Sycamore. Fairfield at West (grass). St. Ursula at MND. Mercy-McAuley at Turpin. Lakota East at Fairfield.

Teams can certainly move up or down this week?
MMHS also plays sycamore on saturday at MMHS.

jtk
()
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-18, 01:36 PM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
I believe the seeding is done before the weekend, so saturdays games won't really matter for seeds. I do also find it interesting Mercy Mcauley goes before MND.
Old 10-02-18, 01:50 PM
All Region

HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by taximama24 View Post
I would think Saturday certainly will have a big impact on Sunday's seeding, with MM hosting Sycamore and Loveland hosting MND.
I believe voting will be closed before those games.
Old 10-03-18, 07:23 AM
Varsity

3343 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I believe the seeding is done before the weekend, so saturdays games won't really matter for seeds. I do also find it interesting Mercy Mcauley goes before MND.
You are correct, entering your comments and record is due tonight. Casting your vote for seeds is due by Friday night.
Old 10-03-18, 09:26 AM
Freshman

taximama24 is on a distinguished road
Sorry, didn't realize the seeding timing.

In DI for Cincy, Milford beat Anderson last night, but still don't think it bumps them above LW who lost to Fairfield last night because LW still has a convincingly better record. Not sure Anderson drops either, I'd guess it depends on the MND/SUA game tonight because if MND wins they move ahead of MM for sure, and then will have a tie record with Anderson but MND plays a harder schedule (of the top 10 teams, Anderson only plays 2 and lost both to Loveland and Milford, MND plays 4 beating LW, Oak Hills, and MM once, lost to MM the other time and the Loveland game hasn't been played). If MND ties or loses no shifts to 4, 5, 6.

Sycamore also lost to Oak Hills last night but based on how MM/MND are seeded as discussed in previous post, Sycamore should stay just above Oak Hills based on the very slight difference in overall record.

Wasn't sure what to think about Fairfield still coming in at #2 behind Loveland despite the slightly better overall record and their head to head tie, so I looked at a comparison of games vs. the rest of the top 10 (-- for no game vs, na for game not yet played).

Loveland/Opponent/Fairfield
W 2-0 / Mason / na
W 1-0 / Anderson / --
-- / MM / W 2-1
na / MND / --
W 1-0 / Sycamore / W 2-0
-- / Oak Hills / T 1-1
W 2-0 / LW / W 3-2
T 2-2 / Milford / --

Overall I like the look of the DI tourney this year, several teams with a good shot to root for and sets up some good games to see.
Old 10-03-18, 09:31 AM
Varsity

Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaaaveYouMetTed View Post
Hereís what Enquirer poll has for Cincinnati this week. Would expect the tournament seeds to be pretty close if not identical to this, barring any unexpected results before Saturday.

1. Loveland
2. Fairfield
3. Mason
4. Anderson
5. Mercy McAuley
6. MND
7. Sycamore
8. Oak Hills
9. Lakota West
10. Milford
Do these coaches even look at these polls? Or do you think they just vote blind! I think the top 6 are set, but that bottom 4 are no way close to set. Milford has 1 quality win 'Anderson', losses to Turpin, Oak Hills, ties with Little Miami & Kings both really bad soccer teams no way are they 10 seed! Oak Hills tied Colerain....I just don't get the good ol' boys group of voting off past success rather than what have you done for now.
Old 10-03-18, 09:46 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Fan_ View Post
Do these coaches even look at these polls? Or do you think they just vote blind! I think the top 6 are set, but that bottom 4 are no way close to set. Milford has 1 quality win 'Anderson', losses to Turpin, Oak Hills, ties with Little Miami & Kings both really bad soccer teams no way are they 10 seed! Oak Hills tied Colerain....I just don't get the good ol' boys group of voting off past success rather than what have you done for now.
The coaches are the ones voting on these polls. Which is why they give us at least a decent idea of what the seeds will look like. Once you get outside of the top 6 or 7, there are a handful of teams you can put in the 8-12 range.
Old 10-03-18, 09:50 AM
All American

Quote:
Sorry, didn't realize the seeding timing.

In DI for Cincy, Milford beat Anderson last night, but still don't think it bumps them above LW who lost to Fairfield last night because LW still has a convincingly better record. Not sure Anderson drops either, I'd guess it depends on the MND/SUA game tonight because if MND wins they move ahead of MM for sure, and then will have a tie record with Anderson but MND plays a harder schedule (of the top 10 teams, Anderson only plays 2 and lost both to Loveland and Milford, MND plays 4 beating LW, Oak Hills, and MM once, lost to MM the other time and the Loveland game hasn't been played). If MND ties or loses no shifts to 4, 5, 6.

Sycamore also lost to Oak Hills last night but based on how MM/MND are seeded as discussed in previous post, Sycamore should stay just above Oak Hills based on the very slight difference in overall record.

Wasn't sure what to think about Fairfield still coming in at #2 behind Loveland despite the slightly better overall record and their head to head tie, so I looked at a comparison of games vs. the rest of the top 10 (-- for no game vs, na for game not yet played).

Loveland/Opponent/Fairfield
W 2-0 / Mason / na
W 1-0 / Anderson / --
-- / MM / W 2-1
na / MND / --
W 1-0 / Sycamore / W 2-0
-- / Oak Hills / T 1-1
W 2-0 / LW / W 3-2
T 2-2 / Milford / --

Overall I like the look of the DI tourney this year, several teams with a good shot to root for and sets up some good games to see.
If you rank teams based off overall record, then youd have it all wrong. SO I guess little Miami would be a 1 seed every year? Overall record plays into it but you have to look at strength of schedules. Alot of these teams play top 10 teams night in and night out while others play no one and have a 14-2 record.
Old 10-03-18, 10:12 AM
All American

Quote:
15 Coaches voted last week (based on the 1 votes). You have to look at the whole season, and the overall body of work, not 1 game. It is girls soccer... Anything can happen. I think the 10 could be interchangeable with a few teams.
Old 10-03-18, 10:38 AM
All Region

It will be interesting to see how the Dayton seeding plays out. Beavercreek seems to be the favorite, but between them, Centerville and Springboro, there are three Dayton teams who are legitimate contenders to win the region. Hasn't really been true the last few years, with Boro being the strong favorite out of Dayton.
Old 10-03-18, 10:50 AM
Freshman

taximama24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you rank teams based off overall record, then youd have it all wrong. SO I guess little Miami would be a 1 seed every year? Overall record plays into it but you have to look at strength of schedules. Alot of these teams play top 10 teams night in and night out while others play no one and have a 14-2 record.
I only meant the reference to overall record with regard to the couple of situations in the top 10 where the two teams really could shuffle a notch or two and looking at how to perceive where they netted out. Agree with you obviously as I specifically noted comparisons to common opponents in the top 10 for most if not everything I pointed out. Was mostly just killing time doing waiting for a report to run by comparing schedules and wins and losses, I don't have a dog in the fight any way you look at it so just throwing out what I saw for the sake of something new to discuss on this board other than the standard club, coach, team bashing. Definitely no expert, just follow a handful of teams and support a lot of high school sports.
Old 10-03-18, 10:57 AM
All American

Quote:
I only meant the reference to overall record with regard to the couple of situations in the top 10 where the two teams really could shuffle a notch or two and looking at how to perceive where they netted out. Agree with you obviously as I specifically noted comparisons to common opponents in the top 10 for most if not everything I pointed out. Was mostly just killing time doing waiting for a report to run by comparing schedules and wins and losses, I don't have a dog in the fight any way you look at it so just throwing out what I saw for the sake of something new to discuss on this board other than the standard club, coach, team bashing. Definitely no expert, just follow a handful of teams and support a lot of high school sports.
Fair enough
Old 10-03-18, 01:25 PM
Varsity

Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
I guess that's my point I feel like each team has an unexpected loss/tie and the coaches hopefully do their HW when making the seeds. Looking at St. Ursula lost to Seton, --Ursuline Academy 2-7-3 they beat Little Miami that's their only quality win, with a tie at Mason, Oak Hills ties Colerain, lost to West Clermont. DO teams get punished for bad losses, or a tough schedule or do they reward Little Miami for playing nobody all season with zero quality wins? Turpin has zero quality wins - lost to Seton, Lakota East, beat Milford - - Milford has 1 quality win Anderson, maybe Lebanon but they seem down also this fall. I don't know how the coaches look at what is quality and what is not quality.
Old 10-03-18, 01:40 PM
All American

Quote:
I guess that's my point I feel like each team has an unexpected loss/tie and the coaches hopefully do their HW when making the seeds. Looking at St. Ursula lost to Seton, --Ursuline Academy 2-7-3 they beat Little Miami that's their only quality win, with a tie at Mason, Oak Hills ties Colerain, lost to West Clermont. DO teams get punished for bad losses, or a tough schedule or do they reward Little Miami for playing nobody all season with zero quality wins? Turpin has zero quality wins - lost to Seton, Lakota East, beat Milford - - Milford has 1 quality win Anderson, maybe Lebanon but they seem down also this fall. I don't know how the coaches look at what is quality and what is not quality.
As a whole I think Cincy soccer is spread out this year. We are going to find out in the tourney what happens very soon. Each coach judges things differently. I would personally look at strength of schedule as well. Ex: Seems like every year a Little Miami/Amelia/Harrison team go into the tourney 14-2 and bounce out against a 4-11-1 Mercy type team every year.
Its a balance of quality wins, losses, and strength of schedule and even the eye test. Is there really even a "bad loss" anymore in cincy girls HS Soccer? Besides maybe losing to the bottom teams like winton woods or Withrow? So much parity. You pointed out all the negatives of those teams though, to be fair you got to point out the positives for them all.
Old 10-03-18, 03:07 PM
All Region

Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Ha! anyone look at the D2 coaches rankings? Apparently all the Alter coaches think very highly of themselves (boys and girls).

Girls Poll
1 Indian Hill (10) 118
2 Badin 74
3 Summit Country Day 73
4 Wyoming 64
5 Alter (2) 58
6 Mariemont 56
7 Ross 47
8 Waynesville 39
9 Roger Bacon 35
10 Carroll

Boys Poll
1 Wyoming (12) 129
2 Indian Hill 92
3 Summit Country Day 78
4 Roger Bacon 76
5 Alter (1) 70
6 McNicholas 65
7 Monroe 57
8 Badin 33
9 CHCA 32
10 Taylor 21

All but 2 coaches in the girls poll for Indian Hill. All but 1 coach in the boys for Wyoming... Surprise! all for Alter. Now on the boys side, I could see. They have a legit claim. they are undefeated as are Wyoming. But on the girls side? Come on. Indian Hill beat you, and they were undefeated up until Monday. I guess one of the votes is Indian Hill... but 2 votes? fishy.
Old 10-04-18, 08:58 AM
Varsity

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how the Dayton seeding plays out. Beavercreek seems to be the favorite, but between them, Centerville and Springboro, there are three Dayton teams who are legitimate contenders to win the region. Hasn't really been true the last few years, with Boro being the strong favorite out of Dayton.
Beavercreek and Centerville are by far the 2 best coming out of Dayton.....Springboro in my opinion is the 3rd team but they are not untouchable like in years past. Tied last night to Northmont 2-2.
Old 10-04-18, 10:38 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3343 View Post
Beavercreek and Centerville are by far the 2 best coming out of Dayton.....Springboro in my opinion is the 3rd team but they are not untouchable like in years past. Tied last night to Northmont 2-2.
Yea, that's not a great result for Boro. And I agree that Beavercreek and Centerville are probably the top two seeds in Dayton, in that order. I have heard, though, that Boro's coaching staff is prioritizing maintaining player health so they can focus on a tourney run, even at the price of regular season results. Got tired of limping into the postseason with a depleted roster. Not sure if that explains their relative struggles this year, but I wouldn't sleep on them in the tourney.
Old 10-04-18, 11:28 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Yea, that's not a great result for Boro. And I agree that Beavercreek and Centerville are probably the top two seeds in Dayton, in that order. I have heard, though, that Boro's coaching staff is prioritizing maintaining player health so they can focus on a tourney run, even at the price of regular season results. Got tired of limping into the postseason with a depleted roster. Not sure if that explains their relative struggles this year, but I wouldn't sleep on them in the tourney.
That might explain some of their struggles but either way that was a nice result for Northmont to put on their resume before coaches vote for seeding. They just have to hope coaches look at their scores and results and not just their record.
Old 10-04-18, 12:38 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Just remember boys there can only be one !
That one will not be coming from the southern part of the state this year !

Cincy high school soccer sucks this year and dayton is right behind them.
Should be fun to watch the clown fight !
Old 10-04-18, 02:08 PM
All American

Gview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin Wing View Post
Ha! anyone look at the D2 coaches rankings? Apparently all the Alter coaches think very highly of themselves (boys and girls).

Girls Poll
1 Indian Hill (10) 118
2 Badin 74
3 Summit Country Day 73
4 Wyoming 64
5 Alter (2) 58
6 Mariemont 56
7 Ross 47
8 Waynesville 39
9 Roger Bacon 35
10 Carroll

Boys Poll
1 Wyoming (12) 129
2 Indian Hill 92
3 Summit Country Day 78
4 Roger Bacon 76
5 Alter (1) 70
6 McNicholas 65
7 Monroe 57
8 Badin 33
9 CHCA 32
10 Taylor 21

All but 2 coaches in the girls poll for Indian Hill. All but 1 coach in the boys for Wyoming... Surprise! all for Alter. Now on the boys side, I could see. They have a legit claim. they are undefeated as are Wyoming. But on the girls side? Come on. Indian Hill beat you, and they were undefeated up until Monday. I guess one of the votes is Indian Hill... but 2 votes? fishy.
You do realize that this is only the Cincy area coaches doing the voting. Alter (Boys and Girls) is in the Miami Valley for their local association. No school can belong to 2 associations.
Old 10-05-18, 07:49 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Just remember boys there can only be one !
That one will not be coming from the southern part of the state this year !

Cincy high school soccer sucks this year and dayton is right behind them.
Should be fun to watch the clown fight !
You're fighting?
Old 10-05-18, 07:56 AM
All Region

Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gview View Post
You do realize that this is only the Cincy area coaches doing the voting. Alter (Boys and Girls) is in the Miami Valley for their local association. No school can belong to 2 associations.
Well. I look dumb.

I thought Alter was voting in the poll that they are in....
Old 10-05-18, 12:12 PM
All American

Gview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin Wing View Post
Well. I look dumb.

I thought Alter was voting in the poll that they are in....
Not looking dumb. Just not informed correctly. Alter should only be in the MVSSCA Poll. The Enquirer or the Cincy Coaches are the ones that should fix this.

We've tried in the past (past as in 5 years ago or so) to get the SW Association to do the voting with the OSSCA website, much like the MVSSCA and a few others do. They were concerned that the newspaper coverage for soccer will decline. I know this, because I was one of the ones to push for this several years ago (on the boys side we've seen Carroll, Alter, Yellow Springs, Dayton Christian listed in Cincy Polls).
Old 10-06-18, 08:42 PM
Varsity

onehotbobo is on a distinguished road
Creek 9-0 SUA

Should be a nice end of season rivalry game on Wednesday vs Centerville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-18, 11:13 PM
Freshman

SoccerNut is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=onehotbobo;7136247]Creek 9-0 SUA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yes, Hats off to MC for her Hat Trick tonight!
Old 10-07-18, 03:33 AM
Varsity

Top SWO Teams

[QUOTE=SoccerNut;7136337]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotbobo View Post
Creek 9-0 SUA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yes, Hats off to MC for her Hat Trick tonight!

There were two girls with HTs in that game. What makes Beavercreek a contender is a strong midfield and defense with multiple scoring threats up front that play unselfishly and create matchup issues. They play a possession style that has power to be physical but would rather play finesse and score with various combinations with multiple player involvement - thatís what makes them dangerous. Plus they are fast everywhere including their bench. SUA tried to control the game with possession but Creek sped them up and consequently limited their SOG - maybe 4-5? Not sure if they had any key injuries that kept SUA from being at full strength.

Centerville has speed too and has built a good team and play a style similar to Creek. I fully expect that game to come down to the wire which seems to happen no matter what their records are - as rivalry games should be.

Last edited by onehotbobo; 10-07-18 at 04:03 AM..
Old 10-07-18, 06:18 AM
Varsity

[QUOTE=onehotbobo;7136372]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerNut View Post

There were two girls with HTs in that game. What makes Beavercreek a contender is a strong midfield and defense with multiple scoring threats up front that play unselfishly and create matchup issues. They play a possession style that has power to be physical but would rather play finesse and score with various combinations with multiple player involvement - thatís what makes them dangerous. Plus they are fast everywhere including their bench. SUA tried to control the game with possession but Creek sped them up and consequently limited their SOG - maybe 4-5? Not sure if they had any key injuries that kept SUA from being at full strength.

Centerville has speed too and has built a good team and play a style similar to Creek. I fully expect that game to come down to the wire which seems to happen no matter what their records are - as rivalry games should be.

The other factor not mentioned is coaching. Historically Creek has disappointed in the tournament because of bizarre lineups and questionable subbing during the most critical times of games. In the last two years this has happened in games lost to Boro and Mason, both 1-0 losses in games they most certainly could have won if the lineups and subbing werenít concerned about getting seniors PT. This is a well known issue throughout the Dayton area fan base and coaching circles - not just my opinion here.
Old 10-08-18, 10:25 AM
All District

outsideobserver11 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=onehotbobo;7136372]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerNut View Post

Does Creek have a solid GK? That can make or break you as you get deeper into the tournament. Loveland's keeper was phenomenal last year on their march to state.
Old 10-08-18, 12:43 PM
Varsity

[QUOTE=outsideobserver11;7137240]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotbobo View Post

Does Creek have a solid GK? That can make or break you as you get deeper into the tournament. Loveland's keeper was phenomenal last year on their march to state.

Sheís very good, not Elite athletically, but is very capable. Not too many weaknesses. She gave up two vs Boro in a rainstorm. The other one I think came on a set piece upper 90 vs Jerome Dub. She comes off her line and attacks aggressively and does all the right things.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: