Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-28-18, 04:54 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
This thread is deader than UC
ROTFLMAO
Bucky is right again
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-18, 01:51 PM
All District

jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Poor man's generic JTF wanna-be. Eh.
Old 09-30-18, 05:32 PM
All American

UC taking applications
Apply Jed the fish
Anything is better
Bucky called it
Can not win with "me"
Why better programs cut players
Old 10-01-18, 12:53 PM
All District

weirdo
Old 10-05-18, 12:39 PM
All American

Well coming down the stretch now and it looks like I was right again !

UC is almost in last place in the Conf and it looks like the last 4 games they might beat UConn.

Don't worry about the NCAA Tournament, you are not going to even make the Crappy league tournament.

Wow, But again boils down to no ball movement in the middle of the field.
Funny how Louisville had that problem for awhile, now UC has that same problem , Must be a connection somewhere ?

Oh well back to the drawing board
Old 10-05-18, 03:10 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x26 View Post
Dude you have to be an absolute jack a** to hate on Jill V. Wow man, there is no help for you.
Yeah. He is complete trash to hate on her
Old 10-07-18, 06:07 PM
All American

LMAO
Nice try
What a train wreck
Neil has lost the program
Old 10-07-18, 07:09 PM
Junior Varsity

SoccerNut is on a distinguished road
UC has a few good seasoned transfers but, why do they verbally commit these local players in the 9th grade?
Old 10-13-18, 07:38 AM
All American

Seasoned transfers?
Look at how their previous teams are doing.
Two words for Neil to focus on.
TEAM
CANCER
He has forgotten the first one and embraced the second.
He needs to go.
Old 10-14-18, 04:25 PM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Seasoned transfers?
Look at how their previous teams are doing.
Two words for Neil to focus on.
TEAM
CANCER
He has forgotten the first one and embraced the second.
He needs to go.
Bucky May be on to something. UCís record is 6-8-3. Their conference record is 1-5-2 - next to last place.
Old 10-15-18, 10:58 AM
All American

Face reality here.
Last season UC finshed 12-4 very good season, Didn't make NCAA but were right there.

Again NO ball movement in the middle of the field, only a lot of dribbling in circles ? Wonder who that is ? could it be a transfer, if it only had a brain ?

SG cannot score if you don't get her the ball !

How do you lose at home 4-0 against the worst team in the league ?

Very disappointing for the UC Fans.
Old 10-16-18, 03:24 PM
All American

Little advice for UC !
Neil stop recruiting Scare Crows without a brain and get yourself an Oil can and start recruiting the Tin Man and whatever you do DON't Recruit the LION Because he doesn't have a HEART !
Old 10-16-18, 03:42 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Little advice for UC !
Neil stop recruiting Scare Crows without a brain and get yourself an Oil can and start recruiting the Tin Man and whatever you do DON't Recruit the LION Because he doesn't have a HEART !
This one is funny and I can't help but respond. In the Wizard of Oz all of those characters always had what they were seeking inside them the whole time, despite what outside detractors said. They just needed the confidence in themselves to see it and believe it.

Moral: Don't listen to what others say about you and let them define who you are. You define you, and yes, sometimes it takes a good leader to get you to realize your true worth.

As a coach, I'll take a Tin Man, Lion, Scarecrow, and even an annoying Dorothy. All the ones others rejected because they weren't smart enough, lacked vision, or just lacked their own self worth so much that they need to bring down others in order to feel like they are bringing themself up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-18, 07:50 AM
All American

You hit the nail on the head !

Confidence !

That starts and ends with the coach !
Neil is frustrated and everything he does says that.

These girls are not stupid although sometimes we think they are and they know when Neil is pissed and he has been pissed for a long time now.

But the real question is does Neil realize what message he is sending to his team?

Little advice for Neil, Change your attitude from negative to positive and show the girls you Believe in them ! remember these are girls/women Pat them on the back once in a while and tell them how good they are.

You will be surprised at how well they can play when they feel good and confident about themself.
Old 10-17-18, 08:09 AM
All District

Quote:

Confidence !

These girls are not stupid although sometimes we think they are and they know when Neil is pissed and he has been pissed for a long time now.

But the real question is does Neil realize what message he is sending to his team?

Little advice for Neil, Change your attitude from negative to positive and show the girls you Believe in them ! remember these are girls/women Pat them on the back once in a while and tell them how good they are.

You will be surprised at how well they can play when they feel good and confident about themself.
He also recruited everyone on the team. So, at some point, he thought or told them that they were the best in the world!
Old 10-17-18, 11:58 AM
All World

Quote:

Confidence !

How about you pick a lane. You started with how horrible some players are. "It's their fault." "They shouldn't be on the field and them being on the team is bringing down the whole team." You also blamed the coach for recruiting those players, not being a good judge of talent, and having a bad strategy of building his team. You finished by again bashing players and saying they have no heart, no courage, no brains.

Now with this post you have changed it to those players do have heart, do have courage, do have brains, but instead have a coach that can't bring it out of them. And that's why I say pick a lane. You can't say a player has no brains, and then also say they have brains. Yes, a bad coach can have a bad player and they can also have a good player that plays bad because they aren't a great leader. But those would be two separate players. You are choosing to call players bad, not bad because of the coach, just plain bad. Brainless, no talent, selfish, did I cover them all? Then after that, you just said in this post that they aren't bad, it's just that the coach doesn't know how to bring the best out of them. Again, pick a lane. Because what you really sound like, for lack of a better term, is just a hater.

Haters will hate anything and everything, regardless of whether their hate now makes any sense to their hate yesterday. Their point is just to hate. Not sure why or where your hate comes from on this topic, since I dont know you from a hole in the wall, but you do seem to have a personal grudge against the UC program for some reason. But then again, you seem to have a lot of hate on this board regardless of the topic. So you could just be a troll, getting off on the simple act of working people up.

Old 10-17-18, 03:06 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
How about you pick a lane. You started with how horrible some players are. "It's their fault." "They shouldn't be on the field and them being on the team is bringing down the whole team." You also blamed the coach for recruiting those players, not being a good judge of talent, and having a bad strategy of building his team. You finished by again bashing players and saying they have no heart, no courage, no brains.

Now with this post you have changed it to those players do have heart, do have courage, do have brains, but instead have a coach that can't bring it out of them. And that's why I say pick a lane. You can't say a player has no brains, and then also say they have brains. Yes, a bad coach can have a bad player and they can also have a good player that plays bad because they aren't a great leader. But those would be two separate players. You are choosing to call players bad, not bad because of the coach, just plain bad. Brainless, no talent, selfish, did I cover them all? Then after that, you just said in this post that they aren't bad, it's just that the coach doesn't know how to bring the best out of them. Again, pick a lane. Because what you really sound like, for lack of a better term, is just a hater.

Haters will hate anything and everything, regardless of whether their hate now makes any sense to their hate yesterday. Their point is just to hate. Not sure why or where your hate comes from on this topic, since I dont know you from a hole in the wall, but you do seem to have a personal grudge against the UC program for some reason. But then again, you seem to have a lot of hate on this board regardless of the topic. So you could just be a troll, getting off on the simple act of working people up.

YEAH what he said!
Old 10-17-18, 03:41 PM
All American

My stance has not changed I still think the players he recruited for a lack of words have very little game awareness and it shows.
But what I am saying is that even a kid who has no brains can play like a wild dog when they feel good about themself.

Not all the kids on the team are deadbeats, just the ones he plays all the time ! Especially the transfers who play over the girls that were loyal to Neil from day one and now he has thrown them under the bus and that message says hey you suck I found someone better !

That is a great example of how not to run a program it is called Cancer !
Old 10-18-18, 07:48 AM
All Region

Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
He also recruited everyone on the team.
I mean, I hate to agree a little with Buck... because he is kind of annoying. But Conan has a point. Everyone there, was brought in by the head coach. In High School, the coaches don't have a choice who comes in. They have to coach what they have. Leeway is given when players don't perform. When you get to college... its a higher standard. The coach is responsible if the girls don't play well. The leeway given is MUCH smaller. Right now, it looks like UC is not playing well. I don't want my college team run like a High School.

In short, I think that is where Buck was going. I think he just doesn't know how to speak without offending people.

Although... Buck... you said, "who play over the girls that were loyal"... I think this is where your ire is stemming from. Sorry, when you get to that level, you can't be hurt when someone else is playing over you. You either have to live with it... get better... or leave. I'm not going to play you just because you were loyal. Life isn't always fair. Its a hard lesson to learn.
Old 10-18-18, 09:42 AM
Freshman

pure class is on a distinguished road
I think part of the problem is especially with the youngest players on the team, they may be talented athletes, but they are not particularly skilled soccer players i.e. their skills lack and they always did but at club or high school they overcame that with athleticism - well that aint happening any more.
Secondly, I think Neil, like a lot of college coaches, misses on personalities and he does not do a good job of finding personalities that mesh well with each other - too many of the girls are "me first" and not willing to put the team first.
Old 10-18-18, 10:10 AM
All American

I will agree with Pure class here.
Neil needs to do more research before he decides on a kid.

Great point about it is about ME and not the team !

Let's take a look at the stats for the season they are painting that Me picture.

How in the world can a Center midfielder be leading the team in shots and in goals ! someone please explain that to me ?

First off the only way that happens if she is not passing the ball and she is not, she is dribbling and keeping the ball until she gets a shot for her self !

YOUR FORWARDS SHOULD BE LEADING THE SHOTS AND THE GOALS NOT A MIDFIELDER !

OH yeah and that is why she is no longer at Louisville they figured that out !

The other transfer is third on the team in shots and in goals !

You have to ask yourself before taking these transfers is WHY are they Transfering, I will tell you why, they are ME players and the stats don't lie it is a FACT !

Big reason why UC is in the toilet this year.

Back to what I have been saying all along NO BALL MOVEMENT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD, Check the stats !
Old 10-18-18, 10:22 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Definitely thought UC would have a better season...
Old 10-18-18, 10:27 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post
You guys remember when Buckshooter posted something, and then got on the wrong handle "pureclass" and responded under the wrong handle, and people called him out LOL
I was kinda wondering if he had another user in this thread, but haven't felt like looking into their posts to confirm my suspicions.

Old 10-18-18, 03:53 PM
Varsity

5x26 is on a distinguished road
Jill also leads in assists, and that does not reflect the number of great balls shes played in that didn't get finished.

Clearly you have an issue with Jill. I'm guessing You're just bent from her time with your daughter at OE or Mason or both.

While I'm not a fan of Lavelle on the USWNT she's playing that MF spot pretty well the last few games and scoring with frequency, and Lloyd also at midfield seems to put down guite a few goals and assists. But it's whatever.

If the midfielder finds space there is nothing wrong with taking a shot. Gorman played a lot of mid last year and had similar stats to Jill. She finds some extra space because Gorman draws deserved attention from the defense. If UC has an issue it's losing seniors Gavorski and Gilles and Brown. Gilles was a game changer all over the field.
Old 10-19-18, 07:08 AM
All American

If he is taking transfers that are great team players, no problem.
But if they were great team players, they would not be transferring.
Taking transfers that want better competition and opportunity, no problem
But if the transfers are stepping down because they could not hang, not good.
Neil messed up in a big way.
His judgment needs to be questioned.
Old 10-19-18, 08:37 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Please excuse buckshooter... His daughter wasn't recruited by UC or Neil, so this is his best way of ripping UC.
Old 10-19-18, 08:59 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
For obvious reasons I'll stay out of this discussion except to say that Jill V. has been a very good addition to the program.
Old 10-19-18, 09:16 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
For obvious reasons I'll stay out of this discussion except to say that Jill V. has been a very good addition to the program.
I'm not as close to the program as some on this thread. However, UC's record would indicate that something is off this year.

Each year of Neil's tenure, the team showed steady improvement, just missing NCAA qualification last year. So, it was safe to assume that UC would continue on it's march to tournament qualification this year.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with taking in transfers. It happens all the time in college sports. A kid transferring from one school to another is not necessarily an indicator that kid was a loser at her original school. It could be that the kid doesn't like her original school or the coach. It also be about playing time. You only have 4 years. Sometimes you can be a good player, but the player in front of you is also good; thereby limiting your chances at getting on the field. So, you transfer.

Every year, the coach brings in new players. Yes, those recruits are replacing seniors that graduated. However, they are also there to compete with the current players for playing time. This competition makes the team better. it shouldn't matter if these incoming players are fresh out of high school or transfer students.

Now, it is possible that some of the players that have been recruited over the last couple of years are not as good. If so, that's on the coach. It could also be true that there is a chemistry problem. If so, that's on the coach. I also wonder if Nate Li leaving had something to do with this year's slide. Nate goes way back with Neil. Perhaps he was a big driving force to Neil's success.

It's also possible that the team lost some seniors and the new players haven't jelled yet. Sometimes, on the road to greatness, good programs take a slide backwards. Neil will have to take a step back, retool, and learn from what happened this year
Old 10-19-18, 01:41 PM
All American

Lets get one thing straight I will always tell like it is !

I know all you out there think we have to be polictically correct and we don't.

I know you are all thinking it , but just afraid to say anything I have a word for you but won't use it on here ,but you know what it is .

If the UC program was winning we would all be on the band wagon !
But there are problems with the program and comes with bashing and second guessing the coach.
Neil knew if he was not successful he would be bashed, it is the nature of high level sports everywhere in the world .He knew that coming in and still took the job ! So he can handle it !

Yes I feel the two transfers have sent this team backwards from where it was because of the ME play.
This team is NOT playing team soccer and why is that ?
My guess is that you have a center mid (ME player) taking 50 yard shots instead of passing the ball to the forwards thats what I think and the stats are saying !
Old 10-19-18, 01:47 PM
All American

Irwin
Look stop sucking up !

I know your pissed, because your daughter should be scoring more goals this season not going backwards.

Here is a fact about JV she left UofL because she was getting moved to defense, because she was not productive enough in the midfield same problem that is going on here a ME player at centermid is not a good thing and JV wanted nothing to do with defense and she wanted it to always be about her and when that wasn't going to happen she found another school.
Guess what she has one game left and UC can get back to winning ways next season .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: