Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-09-18, 12:54 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
These are all valid question and points and I think this is why the show has become somewhat lackluster. The writers are digging deep to come of with newer and more dramatic scenarios. I got to admit, I keep watching, but the show continues to get dumber and dumber. I think once Rick is gone they should walk away. Unless they are bringing forth the war with the Whisperers, I just don't see where the show is headed.
Old 10-09-18, 01:24 PM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
These are all valid question and points and I think this is why the show has become somewhat lackluster. The writers are digging deep to come of with newer and more dramatic scenarios. I got to admit, I keep watching, but the show continues to get dumber and dumber. I think once Rick is gone they should walk away. Unless they are bringing forth the war with the Whisperers, I just don't see where the show is headed.
The Whisperers are coming. They were seen in the season 8 finale and also in the season 9 trailer and since that trailer was released after about 6 episodes were filmed, I'd guess they will be seen in the next few weeks.
Old 10-09-18, 04:41 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
They could get most anything in any middle class white guy's pole barn/garage.
This is a great point. All they needed to do to get farming equipment was to go out beyond the suburbs and check out all the pole and regular barns they could find. They would have found all sorts of useful stuff. Heck, focusing in on a couple of big farms would give them everything they could possibly use for planting/harvesting crops.

Like Purplemojo said going to the national Museums to rescue critical historical artifacts would make sense. You could use them to underpin the new society you're trying to rebuild. Symbols are important and it would signal that they're moving beyond simple survival.
Old 10-10-18, 07:23 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Ok, just watched the season premiere. Who the heck is Kenny the kid that died? I never saw him before. Guess I got to pay closer attention.
Old 10-11-18, 04:06 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Watched the first couple of episodes for shytes and giggles last week. It’s stunning how far the show has fallen off
Old 10-11-18, 07:03 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Who the heck is Kenny the kid that died? I never saw him before. Guess I got to pay closer attention.
This past Sunday's episode was Ken's only appearance on the show: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Ken_(TV_Series)

I know the writers needed to drive home a specific plot point, but I found it difficult to believe that Ken and both of his parents survived this far after the outbreak. Are there any other intact nuclear families on the show?
Old 10-11-18, 12:35 PM
All Ohio

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
They could get most anything in any middle class white guy's pole barn/garage.

* The Smithsonian glass floor would not be compromised with a wood wagon and/or an ancient plow? They got cars running, what about tractors?

* Ezekial falling through and not getting bit was odd. Lot's of people at the Smithsonian the day the outbreak occurred. No one rushed home to loved ones?

* The mud and the horses? Absolutely bizarre. Then the quick, and I mean quick, build up of a character so he could die. As soon as the dude said he was going back for his horse everyone in America rolled their friggin eyes. Annnnddd watched him get bit by a ninja walker that came out of nowhere.

* Ezekial and Carol? Why? Weird? It looked weird to see them kiss. Really awkward. Again, why?

* Then the Gregory build-up. Again, really fast and thrown together.

* And lastly, yes, Maggie gets it and killed Gregory. Amen. However, here we go again with another moral quagmire build between folks that would not happen end of world. No one, and I mean NO ONE, would keep Negan alive. And they would have mowed down the saviors with a smile. But we are going to have to sit through a whole full season of what we already know - most the group wants Negan dead and Rick and Co. have this moral compass. Ugh. And guess what? Rick dies. Lol.
Rick’s leaving, but he might not die. The actor is actually going to direct episodes next year, entirely possible they leave the window open for his character to return at at very end.
Old 10-11-18, 12:37 PM
All Ohio

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
This is a great point. All they needed to do to get farming equipment was to go out beyond the suburbs and check out all the pole and regular barns they could find. They would have found all sorts of useful stuff. Heck, focusing in on a couple of big farms would give them everything they could possibly use for planting/harvesting crops.

Like Purplemojo said going to the national Museums to rescue critical historical artifacts would make sense. You could use them to underpin the new society you're trying to rebuild. Symbols are important and it would signal that they're moving beyond simple survival.
They’re not at the point where they can risk people’s lives for symbols. The items were meant for either functional use or to act as models/templates to build their own from.
Old 10-11-18, 03:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
They’re not at the point where they can risk people’s lives for symbols. The items were meant for either functional use or to act as models/templates to build their own from.
To get usable items then they should have hit barns and workshops (must be thousands of them) in greater Washington.

To get models/templates they should have hit the libraries, both public and university. Heck raiding a Barnes & Noble or even better a half price bookstore might have landed them a load of templates. Not to mention isn't the US Patent office in Washington DC? That place has hard copy originals of early 20th century patents that probably cover every gizmo imagined.
Old 10-12-18, 09:30 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
To get usable items then they should have hit barns and workshops (must be thousands of them) in greater Washington.

To get models/templates they should have hit the libraries, both public and university. Heck raiding a Barnes & Noble or even better a half price bookstore might have landed them a load of templates. Not to mention isn't the US Patent office in Washington DC? That place has hard copy originals of early 20th century patents that probably cover every gizmo imagined.
Correct. A template of what? An ancient plow? When they have barns and workshops all around them? Every damned farm has at least two or three farm wagons which have rubber tires and are FAR more economical than that wooden piece of trash. As stated over and over, made zero sense. Haphazardly thrown together to quickly introduce a new kid to have him killed and have Ezekiel almost die in order to show him in Carol in love which was awkward. Maggie killing Jeffery was the shows only saving grace.
Old 10-15-18, 11:34 AM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Gabriel and Jadis? My word....
Old 10-15-18, 11:59 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Gabriel and Jadis? My word....
HA, well its not like theres much to choose from.
Old 10-15-18, 06:14 PM
All Yappi

The Gabriel/Jadis & King/Carol love affairs are just gimmicks to pump emotion into the story. My guess is a couple of these folks are not long for the earth.

Also is it me or are they playing Rick as some kind of angel? My goodness, they might as well have a halo circling his head as we count down to his death.
Old 10-15-18, 07:25 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The Gabriel/Jadis & King/Carol love affairs are just gimmicks to pump emotion into the story. My guess is a couple of these folks are not long for the earth.

Also is it me or are they playing Rick as some kind of angel? My goodness, they might as well have a halo circling his head as we count down to his death.
Spot on as usual.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: