Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-10-18, 01:11 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
TV Ratings: American Music Awards Slip 25% to New Low

Quote:
The American Music Awards hit a new all-time low in the Nielsen ratings on Tuesday night.

ABC aired only the AMAs on Tuesday, with the three hour show drawing a 1.8 rating in adults 18-49 and 6.5 million viewers. That is down 25% in the key demo and approximately 29% in total viewers compared to the 2017 broadcast, which drew a 2.4 rating and 9.2 million viewers. 2017 and 2016 had previously set the demo low for the awards show, with both of those broadcasts drawing a 2.4. The AMAs also moved from Sunday in November for the first time in more than a decade this year.
Read more:
https://variety.com/2018/music/news/...18-1202975298/
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-18, 01:31 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Can probably just copy/paste the responses from here: http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316145

Not a lot of new ground to cover with this thread
Old 10-10-18, 01:57 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Watched approx. 2 minute of it. FGL came out as presenters and then the show started with the garbage music of rap/hip hop and I turned it.

Moved it to a Tuesday to get away from football and it still bombs and I am not surprised.

Looked up 2018 country music awards and it was viewed (over 12 million) which was more than the ACM which I am not surprised really. Those awards show tends to keep political statements out of the picture and are just one big party whereas other awards shows seemed to be pulpits for the elites to tell us all how much better they and their views are.
Old 10-10-18, 02:58 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Watched approx. 2 minute of it. FGL came out as presenters and then the show started with the garbage music of rap/hip hop and I turned it.

Moved it to a Tuesday to get away from football and it still bombs and I am not surprised.

Looked up 2018 country music awards and it was viewed (over 12 million) which was more than the ACM which I am not surprised really. Those awards show tends to keep political statements out of the picture and are just one big party whereas other awards shows seemed to be pulpits for the elites to tell us all how much better they and their views are.
Might have something to do with where the people on those shows political views tend to land.
Old 10-10-18, 03:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
Might have something to do with where the people on those shows political views tend to land.
Absolutely, but I believe most people want to watch these type of shows, and sports, for the pure entertainment value and to get away from politics.

When I watch these shows I want to see the music, and how good the women look and not their views on world political matters.

Maybe one day they will get the memo. Country Music awards, for the most part, stay out of it (look at the backlash the Dixie chicks got a few years ago with what they said on tour). Only politics ya hear on there maybe is a few jokes on the onset.
Old 10-10-18, 03:35 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
The AMAs are the weakest award show of the bunch, basically it was Dick Clark wanting to get into the awards game and historically if you performed you won something. The big news this year was Taylor Swift told everyone to go vote. Eh.
Old 10-10-18, 03:49 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
25% fewer voters. Darn.
Old 10-10-18, 05:58 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Didn’t know it was on. Wouldn’t have watched anyway.
Old 10-10-18, 06:01 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
It is nice to live in an era where you can listen to music that you want to listen to. Before youtube and audio streaming you listened to what they made you listen to. There is some excellent music out there, IMO, and excellent bands, that get no play because they do not hit it off with some executive talent agent. I find most mainstream music to be junk.
Old 10-10-18, 06:18 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Yes before youtube I had no choice but to listen to stuff I didnt want to listen to. Those cds were all forced on me. Same with the songs on my ipod, i had no say in the matter. Thank god for youtube and pandora
Old 10-10-18, 07:04 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Yes before youtube I had no choice but to listen to stuff I didnt want to listen to. Those cds were all forced on me. Same with the songs on my ipod, i had no say in the matter. Thank god for youtube and pandora
You listened to CD's based on what you heard on the radio numbbuts. You probably had Hansen and Kid Rock.
Old 10-10-18, 07:29 PM
All World

Yes the only way to hear new music was from the radio, the internet is relatively new. Hansen and Kid Rock are American treasures, I have their whole catalog including Joe Dirt.

Napster, Kazaa, Ares, Limewire, imesh etc had a greater impact on me listening to new music than the radio.

Numbnuts

Last edited by Arrogate; 10-10-18 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-10-18, 08:48 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
The AMAs are the weakest award show of the bunch, basically it was Dick Clark wanting to get into the awards game and historically if you performed you won something. The big news this year was Taylor Swift told everyone to go vote. Eh.
AMAs are the second highest award in music, behind the Grammys.
Old 10-11-18, 08:09 AM
All Region

Tom.OH is on a distinguished road
Dang, I missed another award show...
Old 10-11-18, 08:25 AM
All World

Quote:
Yes the only way to hear new music was from the radio, the internet is relatively new. Hansen and Kid Rock are American treasures, I have their whole catalog including Joe Dirt.

Napster, Kazaa, Ares, Limewire, imesh etc had a greater impact on me listening to new music than the radio.

Numbnuts
Thanks for making my point in only a way a troll could.

You still could only download from Napster what was played on your local radio station which was usually owned by 1 of 2 national companies of which dictated a small sample for the American public to choose from. Play some junk enough and people for whatever reason follow. Mainly the $hit you listed in your CD collection.
Old 10-11-18, 08:45 AM
All World

Yes i could only get songs played on local radio. Napster made it so only music from billboard 100 artists could be downloaded. In fact you had to prove you listened to them on the radio before you downloaded it.

Jesus christ.

Thank god for pandora and youtube, the only ways to discover new music.
The internet is a hoax!

Maybe the radio was the only way to listen to new music when you were young however for my generation that isnt the case.
Old 10-11-18, 08:52 AM
All Yappi

I def find my new music on the radio compared to any other way.

I did slay some Pandora while overseas in an area where it actually worked but most of that music was older.

Matter of fact heard a great new Thomas Rhett song yesterday. Many times I flip to another song if I don't recognize it quickly but it caught my attention.

Do really like Iheartradio but only listen to radio stations with the commercials and all but believe it or not...hearing local commercials brings a sense of home while gone and ya lmost grow to appreciate them.
Old 10-11-18, 09:00 AM
All World

Again my generation used the internet to find new music. A lot of the music I listened to and still listen to, never got played on the radio. If they were played on the radio my father certainly wasnt budging on the radio dial, he was a music nazi, no compromises on what you listened to while in his car i laugh bc I am the same way now with my wife and son. Just a different generation i guess.
Old 10-11-18, 09:37 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
It is nice to live in an era where you can listen to music that you want to listen to. Before youtube and audio streaming you listened to what they made you listen to. There is some excellent music out there, IMO, and excellent bands, that get no play because they do not hit it off with some executive talent agent. I find most mainstream music to be junk.
Best thing I ever did was pay 9.99 for unlimited music on google play. I have discovered a lot of great music based on the music I have downloaded and what the app recommends for me. I rarely even turn on the radio anymore unless I'm listening to sports talk.
Old 10-11-18, 10:17 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
I have no idea what people are arguing about in this thread, but I will say that things like YouTube, Spotify, Google Play, etc. are probably the best things to happen to music maybe ever.
Old 10-11-18, 10:34 AM
All World

My argument was you could find new music besides local radio pre streaming.. If you knew how to use the internet you could discover new music. Streaming music certainly has helped people but it isnt like the only way to find new music pre pandora/spotify was local radio. And today you can find new music without streaming services. Just an absurd comment

The internet allowed me to illegally download music in bulk. Most of which never got any radio airplay.

His assertion that pre streaming the only way to discover music was local radio and the songs I did download i heard on the radio first. Just isnt true.
Old 10-11-18, 10:46 AM
All Yappi

I think we can all agree we have come a long way from sitting in front of the radio waiting for our favorite songs to come up so we could press the record button!
Old 10-11-18, 03:46 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post

You could substitute the word 'everything' for the word 'something'.

Screw 'em all.
Old 10-11-18, 03:55 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My argument was you could find new music besides local radio pre streaming.. If you knew how to use the internet you could discover new music. Streaming music certainly has helped people but it isnt like the only way to find new music pre pandora/spotify was local radio. And today you can find new music without streaming services. Just an absurd comment

The internet allowed me to illegally download music in bulk. Most of which never got any radio airplay.

His assertion that pre streaming the only way to discover music was local radio and the songs I did download i heard on the radio first. Just isnt true.
Far be it from me to defend irritable bowel, but he did just say he was happy to be able to listen to music today with no restraints. You were the one who went off the deep end. You may be accurate in your argument, but you still come off as childish.
Old 10-11-18, 05:37 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I think we can all agree we have come a long way from sitting in front of the radio waiting for our favorite songs to come up so we could press the record button!
How does a song actually become a favorite if not for sometime in life, having muddled through? What options do you use, to try something new?

I've no problem going into a restaurant and saying "you choose." I much prefer radio, though more diverse options would be nice. I can't imagine not stagnating without it. But more music with knowledgable DJ and less DJ thinking they're clever and shocking with a 14 year old's I just learned a dirty word humor.

Though when in a mood for something, youtube is nice.
Old 10-11-18, 05:45 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Far be it from me to defend irritable bowel, but he did just say he was happy to be able to listen to music today with no restraints. You were the one who went off the deep end. You may be accurate in your argument, but you still come off as childish.
He said I am glad to live in an age where you can listen to music you want to listen to and that before youtube and streaming you were forced to listen to listen to what they wanted you to listen to.

He made a dumb statement and I made a sarcastic comment back. He then got all butthurt and called me numb nuts while doubling down on stupidity.

Since when were you concerned about someone being childish? What do you expect pot meet kettle

If that is me going off the deep end then Id hate for you to see me when I do get angry lighten up francis.
Old 10-11-18, 06:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
He said I am glad to live in an age where you can listen to music you want to listen to and that before youtube and streaming you were forced to listen to listen to what they wanted you to listen to.

He made a dumb statement and I made a sarcastic comment back. He then got all butthurt and called me numb nuts while doubling down on stupidity.

Since when were you concerned about someone being childish? What do you expect pot meet kettle

If that is me going off the deep end then Id hate for you to see me when I do get angry lighten up francis.
Did you take my post as saying you were angry? Childish yes, angry no, numbnuts
Old 10-11-18, 07:36 PM
All World

When you say stupid things you get stupid answers

And yes when someone says you went off the deep end I surmise you mean they are angry and off their rocker. Yes i am off my rocker, always am and always will be
Old 10-11-18, 07:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
When you say stupid things you get stupid answers

And yes when someone says you went off the deep end I surmise you mean they are angry and off their rocker. Yes i am off my rocker, always am and always will be
Well having nut numbness will do that to you
Old 10-11-18, 07:39 PM
All World

I usually sit on my hand till it goes numb when the wife is out of town

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: