Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-09-18, 11:51 AM
Freshman

realball4468 is on a distinguished road
Best programs in Tuscarawas County

Hello all. New to site. Anyway...I might be moving to the Dover/Sugarcreek area next year and my daughter will be entering the 9th grade. She has some talent and enjoys playing but not sure what school district I should lean toward (if open enrollment isn't a pain). I have a few friends and associates in the area and I learned that New Philadelphia has a really good program, Dover is decent, and Garaway has been to state several times. But I did have someone tell me that New Philadelphia got a new coach and Garaway is on a downhill trend (poor coaches and a lot of kids quitting). No place is perfect...but any feedback would be great.

THANKS!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-18, 07:09 AM
All District

ThadMatta is on a distinguished road
One thing I can tell you for sure is that there is NOT poor coaching at Garaway. Sounds like sour apples. Tusky Valley is also a great place to send your daughter. Give it some thought. I have known the coach since I was a kid. He does a great job.
Old 10-10-18, 09:20 AM
Junior Varsity

OH Hoop News is on a distinguished road
Check your messages, realball4468...
Old 10-15-18, 07:28 PM
Freshman

BelowTheLine is on a distinguished road
I would seriously consider Tusky Valley. They are really performing well in all girls' sports. Their volleyball team is a powerhouse, cross country has gone to state several years in a row, girls' golf almost made state this year, girls' basketball is a really solid program and won the IVC North last year, girls' track won the IVC and districts last year as well. The Tusky Valley softball team traditionally has struggled but they were decent last year with a bunch of freshman and sophomores.

If basketball is your daughter's only interest I'd still consider TV. Their coach has been there for a long time and the program has stability.

TV is also a very good academic school and they are getting new facilities soon. I think it would be for your daughter's junior year. Not 100% sure on that but it'd be something to look into.