Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-10-18, 12:53 PM
All Region

JM92 is on a distinguished road
At this point it is pretty much idle discourse...Apparently she will be playing for McK again this year and going to OSU..just hope she can learn from her mistakes and be a great player there. Follow in the footsteps of Ameryst Alston..great player at OSU! And stay off social media or make them private. Alot of people forget that future potential employers may look at those and if there is any unsavory it may cost you a job. And if she is doing these things here its only get worse in a big city like that...

Last edited by JM92; 09-11-18 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-14-18, 05:25 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
and news of a previous Ms. Basketball, Natasha Howard won a consecutive WNBA Championship. VERY underrated and under utilized in Minn, came to her Ohio potential in Seattle. Nice to see her get her opportunity. I guess the real money is overseas? Hopefully this will lead to a paycheck.
Old 09-20-18, 02:39 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1980 View Post
It is all true and everyone knows it. She quit the team or got kicked off again for the 3rd summer in a row. She partied all summer while being very public about how she was done playing ball or if she was it would be at Alliance or Massillon. She broke every athlete code of conduct on social media. Please go watch her Facebook live videos. And yet she still has the "choice" to put on a McKinley uniform and play her senior year. I wonder if she quits at Ohio State during the Summer if that will be an option. Or quits at a job and then just comes back. She is an adult, even as a high school senior. I thought the McKinley coaches were hard nosed until I witnessed how they cater to this one player. I know teachers at McKinley, former players and current players. You know the drama and the cover ups. There has been and never will be any punishment for her if it jeopardizes the win/loss column. Point blank!
You know JACK...BAM!
Old 09-20-18, 03:39 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
So Jack is involved in this too?

Get's more and more bizarre.
Old 09-24-18, 07:04 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Raymo, bear is a bitter Jackson fan that can't handle that she's better than their best. It is what it is, stop feeding the troll.
Old 09-24-18, 08:25 AM
Freshman

bear1980 is on a distinguished road
You people are amazing. I will take a great basketball player with fantastic character, great team mate and an even better student athlete over what you are defending any day. Life is about more than scoring points. Please teach your children that.
Old 09-24-18, 09:02 AM
All American

Wadz06 is an unknown quantity at this point
They have blinders on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-18, 02:23 PM
All Region

Quote:
You people are amazing. I will take a great basketball player with fantastic character, great team mate and an even better student athlete over what you are defending any day. Life is about more than scoring points. Please teach your children that.

Truth!
Old 09-25-18, 04:57 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Raymo, bear is a bitter Jackson fan that can't handle that she's better than their best. It is what it is, stop feeding the troll.
I get tired of all the negativity on our kids,I'm done...BAM!
Old 09-25-18, 06:16 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Quote:
If you actually knew anything about the kid, you may have a point but you do not. Kids are just that... kids. You don't throw kids away because they have a bad moment. I know you don't understand that coming from the posh luxury that you live in, but you're welcome to join us in the real world anytime you like
Old 09-25-18, 06:17 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadz06 View Post
They have blinders on

No blinders here, you were just hoping she'd be gone to help your team's case this winter.

Again, no one is defending some of her actions, but you work with a kid, hold them accountable for actions, and move on. No one on this board knows what has or hasn't been done in this situation... please stop acting like some bitter Jackson fan has a clue. They don't.
Old 09-25-18, 07:59 AM
All American

Wadz06 is an unknown quantity at this point
By no means am I a Jackson fan. We could care less if she plays, we lost 5 seniors, all playing college ball that are younger than this lady. We shut her down last year and can do it again.

Old 09-25-18, 10:42 AM
Freshman

I believe she played last year when Jackson won a district title. If I remember correctly, McKinley did not. This is not bashing an 18 year old adult this is bashing adults who tolerate this behavior. I actually do live in the "real"world. A world where if you quit something, you are held to that. If you throw tantrums on social media and say F your coaches and team, they might actually hold you accountable. Guess what, in life there are consequences She has done this EVERY Summer and EVERY September she comes back. That is not preparing her or any other "kid"for anything but major failure. On that note, I am done with this conversation. She is being used to win games, hopefully you go farther than last year. Next year, when the "real world" catches up to her, lets see if Ohio State buys the kids will be kids line.
Old 09-26-18, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
And once again bear1980, despite your ridiculous assumptions to the contrary, you don't know what the adults in the situation have or have not done and you don't know the young lady's story. If she was the terrible person you're accusing her of being, she wouldn't have the scholarship to OSU in the first place. She HAS been held accountable for her actions on numerous occasions this summer included. She will continue to be held accountable for them. The team won 90% plus of their games this summer without them and would still be a Fed title contender without her, so save it with the 'it's about wins'. You couldn't be more wrong. Also this hasn't happened every summer... but keep thinking you know what you're talking about, it's entertaining.

Wadz, your team did a great job defensively last winter, never said anything to the contrary. Just saying there are a lot of petty adults out here wishing that she'd not play this winter for their own agendas and not "for the good of the kid" as they claim.
Old 09-26-18, 03:30 PM
All Region

Quote:
And once again bear1980, despite your ridiculous assumptions to the contrary, you don't know what the adults in the situation have or have not done and you don't know the young lady's story. If she was the terrible person you're accusing her of being, she wouldn't have the scholarship to OSU in the first place. She HAS been held accountable for her actions on numerous occasions this summer included. She will continue to be held accountable for them. The team won 90% plus of their games this summer without them and would still be a Fed title contender without her, so save it with the 'it's about wins'. You couldn't be more wrong. Also this hasn't happened every summer... but keep thinking you know what you're talking about, it's entertaining.

Wadz, your team did a great job defensively last winter, never said anything to the contrary. Just saying there are a lot of petty adults out here wishing that she'd not play this winter for their own agendas and not "for the good of the kid" as they claim.

It is like politics lol..no one will ever agree on anything.. Just wish her the best going forward.
Old 10-05-18, 06:45 AM
Junior Varsity

Summitsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:

They won 90% of their summer games with one of the best 8th graders that's from Tallmadge, a girl from Glen oak (that had her dad coach McKinley during the summer) and a transfer from Copley. I just think its amazing how McKinley continues to falls into these girls that "want to transfer" or "Play for Pam and Willie". We will see if the girl from Tallmadge ends up there., but its all coincidence. Yeah ok
Old 10-07-18, 04:40 PM
Freshman

CityLife is on a distinguished road
They also had a St V transfer playing for them this summer. They are guard/wing heavy with a lot of skilled athletes who play hard.

After Kierstan graduates they'll replace her with Bickley (the 8th grader from Tallmadge mentioned earlier).
Old 10-08-18, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
First and foremost, the girl "from GlenOak" has always been a McKinley kid. Look at who her father is for Pete's sake. In this 'grass is always greener' age of kids' sports, parents are always looking for "better" options for kids. McK's two best players outside of Bell are Canton kids and have been but God forbid you mention them.... Bell's been there for a long time and I'm sorry but can you fault her for not staying at Alliance? The kids won a vast majority of their summer games because they played together well as a team and I'm sorry but your assertion that the two middle schoolers "won" them those games is just absurd. As for who plays with who during the summer, it's a chance for kids to play good competition and get better when their own programs don't offer any ability to do so. No one ever said it was coincidence... far from it.... but people should focus on their own program's shortcomings before faulting kids for wanting to work on their game with programs that offer good summer programs.
Old 10-09-18, 07:13 AM
Junior Varsity

Hahahaa

Very Funny. I know McKinley has Canton kids. I know that Bowden is the Glen oaks girls dad, but why doesn't she play with Glen Oaks varsity team then? That is her high school? Why doesn't the other play with Tallmadge High school? Don't you think these Head coaches is trying to build programs, become better, are they not playing good competition? And why do you say "do you blame her for leaving alliance?" What's wrong with Allliance? Pretty sure OSU could travel there to see her. I mean this is high school not college. McKinley is a good program and has very good players. By the way, I have a 5'2" 7th grader she is a slow point guard that cant dribble or shoot and she would love to come play with McKinley's varsity in the summer to get better and play against better competition and she is willing to travel. She just wants to get better.
Old 10-09-18, 07:54 AM
All District

OldMacDonald is on a distinguished road
I will email Pam and Wilfred right now, my granddaughter would love to play with them in the summer. I did not know they were allowing kids to come play. Its almost like a summer long summer basketball camp. My granddaughter is playing at Black River this year. She was a nice post who has a great jump shot. She avg 3pts a game and 1.5 rebs. McGal should i email Pam directly?
Old 10-09-18, 08:03 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Summit,

She doesn't play with GO because she's always planned on going to McKinley. That's no secret. I don't know what Tallmadge does or doesn't offer, but clearly a choice was made. If you don't know why a kid wouldn't want to stay in Alliance, then I don't know what to tell you.

You guys are going to have your opinions and that's fine. It's funny to me though that you always name Pam and Willie but have no problems at all with all of the other local coaches who do the exact same stuff. It's comical really. Good luck this season y'all, I'm out.
Old 10-09-18, 09:53 AM
All District

OldMacDonald is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Summit,

She doesn't play with GO because she's always planned on going to McKinley. That's no secret. I don't know what Tallmadge does or doesn't offer, but clearly a choice was made. If you don't know why a kid wouldn't want to stay in Alliance, then I don't know what to tell you.

You guys are going to have your opinions and that's fine. It's funny to me though that you always name Pam and Willie but have no problems at all with all of the other local coaches who do the exact same stuff. It's comical really. Good luck this season y'all, I'm out.
AHHHH, the old adage, its better to leave a Yappi chat room and be thought a fool, then to stay, keep typing, and remove all doubt.
Old 10-09-18, 12:17 PM
Freshman

Does canton city schools have open enrollment now or are these people actually moving to canton? Seems a little odd that they would do that. It was always interesting to me how a girl that played for perry and still lived in perry was able to go to mckinley and still not have to sit out a game all without changing residence
Old 10-09-18, 12:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMacDonald View Post
AHHHH, the old adage, its better to leave a Yappi chat room and be thought a fool, then to stay, keep typing, and remove all doubt.