Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-18-18, 03:30 PM
All World

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Eoac season 2

So, what are everyone's numbers today (35). The season is just a few weeks away, who is the favorites and who are the also rans? Dogs still return good size and skill.

I see EP as the huge favorite, Dogs open with D4 Salem, D6 Reserve and Campbell.

Columbiana has to be the second favorite, yet the Clippers will fall short one more season. Spaite's year is next season. Take a heart pill Bob, your time is coming one last time.

What about the other teams? Lisbon, United? Screw Toronto, bunch of losers out of the gate last season, so they bugged out of the league.

League has 1 D5, 3 D6 and the rest are small D7.

Who will make the playoffs and who will watch?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-18, 05:35 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Wkbn just posted previews for Columbiana
https://www.wkbn.com/sports/consiste...ana/1167173233

And United:
https://www.wkbn.com/sports/coach-og...ain/1159468715

I suspect the rest of Columbiana county will be posted this week.

I agree that EP is the favorite for sure, Sherry is the best player in the league and plays the most important position. Columbiana is a solid 2nd, they return their QB who was pretty good as a soph along with some weapons. The battle for 3rd will be interesting, as seemingly all the teams except Leetonia could be in play for that.

As far as playoffs EP is the only school I’d feel confident in picking to be playing in week 11. Columbiana is in a tough region and will probably need to split their big 4 games (weeks 1-3 and EP) to get in. If a D7 steps up into the 3rd spot (Lisbon most likely) they can probably get in due to the weak region.

Last edited by kingpin2010; 07-18-18 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-19-18, 06:24 AM
All Ohio

bop is on a distinguished road
Cautious optimism building in Lisbon with a new coaching staff and young football team. Veteran QB who threw for 1k yards and two very talented athletes running the ball in the new spread offense. Numbers I hear are in the low 30's. If they stay healthy, they may surprise some people. Everyone is saying EP, I am going not too far out on a limb and picking Columbiana. I believe they will have the overall better team. We will see, that is why they play the games.
Old 07-19-18, 08:27 AM
All World

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
Everyone is saying EP, I am going not too far out on a limb and picking Columbiana. I believe they will have the overall better team. We will see, that is why they play the games.
Parker and the rest of the Dogs will shake that limb, then you'll fall off.
Old 07-19-18, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Ep should be the favorite in this league. This league is real top heavy. A lot of bad teams
Old 07-19-18, 08:41 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Ep should be the favorite in this league. This league is real top heavy. A lot of bad teams
Will be interesting how many Leetonia gets out with the new coach. United will be interesting with Olgilvie back at the helm.
Old 07-19-18, 10:36 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
It is small school football. They may seem bad to a person who watches a larger school, but it is what it is. Not many kids to choose from. Saying there are a lot of "bad teams" in this league is no different to saying Struthers is a "bad team" in comparison to a Cleveland St. Ignatius.
Old 07-19-18, 10:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
It is small school football. They may seem bad to a person who watches a larger school, but it is what it is. Not many kids to choose from. Saying there are a lot of "bad teams" in this league is no different to saying Struthers is a "bad team" in comparison to a Cleveland St. Ignatius.
No they’re bad teams because they stink. The MVAC has a stronger conference as well. This year the only feasible teams are EP asks Columbiana. I also am not comparing them to anyone, because you don’t have to in order to make an assumption based off of the quality of said team.
Old 07-19-18, 10:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Will be interesting how many Leetonia gets out with the new coach. United will be interesting with Olgilvie back at the helm.
Hulea is one of the best coaches around. But as the old saying goes ď you canít make a good meal with bad groceriesĒ itíll take a little bit.
Old 07-19-18, 12:18 PM
All World

Exclamation

Quote:
I can think of 3 at least.

Then again in another post you mentioned the MVAC being more competitive, maybe so, then I think of Sebring, Milton, Ridge and Lowellville. It's top heavy with Reserve, McDonald and Springfield.
Fact is these two leagues have some good teams, shame those teams can't regroup into an 8 team conference. Just my opinion.
Old 07-19-18, 12:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
No they’re bad teams because they stink. The MVAC has a stronger conference as well. This year the only feasible teams are EP asks Columbiana. I also am not comparing them to anyone, because you don’t have to in order to make an assumption based off of the quality of said team.
Again just as I am sure there are people who would watch Struthers and members of Struthers league play each other and say they "stink". It is apples and oranges. I know Struthers football does not stink, and at one time Leetonia and Wellsville were pretty good small school football teams. EP was a terrible D5 football team and on and on. There is no need for you to get on a high horse and say a league and its teams stink unless you and your team is the top of the heap. Struthers is a long way from the top. Very average in comparison to other Mahoning Valley schools.
Old 07-19-18, 02:00 PM
All World

Exclamation

Quote:
Again just as I am sure there are people who would watch Struthers and members of Struthers league play each other and say they "stink". It is apples and oranges. I know Struthers football does not stink, and at one time Leetonia and Wellsville were pretty good small school football teams. EP was a terrible D5 football team and on and on. There is no need for you to get on a high horse and say a league and its teams stink unless you and your team is the top of the heap. Struthers is a long way from the top. Very average in comparison to other Mahoning Valley schools.
EZ Bop. He's pulling you chain. He is right to an extent, this league isn't what it should be and the line up is going to change, trust me, it has to, those two schools are still wanting to leave.

How dare you call EP terrible!!!!!
Old 07-19-18, 04:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Woah donít take shots at the cats because the league stinks
Old 07-19-18, 10:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
EZ Bop. He's pulling you chain. He is right to an extent, this league isn't what it should be and the line up is going to change, trust me, it has to, those two schools are still wanting to leave.

How dare you call EP terrible!!!!!
The clear move here is for crestview to join. But we know that wonít happen.
Old 07-20-18, 04:10 AM
All World

https://www.wkbn.com/sports/sherry-p...ine/1206159306
Old 07-20-18, 04:35 AM
All World

Exclamation

Quote:
Not until the open enrollment thefts stop.
Old 07-20-18, 04:39 AM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Crestview won't join because they have already pilfered hundreds and hundreds of ball players from EP and the other schools in the conference and are now just too darn good. They need to seek better competition for their multitude of stolen athletes.
Old 07-20-18, 05:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Crestview won't join because they have already pilfered hundreds and hundreds of ball players from EP and the other schools in the conference and are now just too darn good. They need to seek better competition for their multitude of stolen athletes.
Canít tell if sarcasm or not
Old 07-20-18, 06:39 AM
All World

Quote:
Can’t tell if sarcasm or not
Who cares? Just someone stirring the pot.
Old 07-20-18, 07:21 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Who cares? Just someone stirring the pot.
Me
Old 07-20-18, 07:28 AM
All World

Exclamation

Quote:
Me
Old 07-20-18, 02:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
Canít tell if sarcasm or not
Definitely sarcasm, definitely stirring the pot and definitely bulldogs constant narrative.
Old 07-20-18, 02:40 PM
All World

Quote:
Definitely sarcasm, definitely stirring the pot and definitely bulldogs constant narrative.
Truth hurts, eh? With reason and fact. 500 open enrollment students between 3 good sized districts, has to be recruiting or one great line of BS from the cow field.
Old 07-20-18, 03:45 PM
All Region

Quote:
Truth hurts, eh? With reason and fact. 500 open enrollment students between 3 good sized districts, has to be recruiting or one great line of BS from the cow field.
Don't drag "truth, reason of fact" into your bizarre fantasy, they haven't done anything wrong and are completely innocent. I'm curious as to how Sherry escaped the Rebel thiefs in the night? Parents must of locked the windows so they couldn't sneak in and snatch him from the crib.

As an aside, he is a really good QB and should lead EP to a runaway league championship. Not sure how they will fare in the playoffs though. Might win a game but probably wont get much further than that.
Old 07-20-18, 05:14 PM
All World

Quote:
Don't drag "truth, reason of fact" into your bizarre fantasy, they haven't done anything wrong and are completely innocent. I'm curious as to how Sherry escaped the Rebel thiefs in the night? Parents must of locked the windows so they couldn't sneak in and snatch him from the crib.

As an aside, he is a really good QB and should lead EP to a runaway league championship. Not sure how they will fare in the playoffs though. Might win a game but probably wont get much further than that.
In your fantasy. It is what it is.
Old 07-23-18, 02:46 PM
All Ohio

-Not touching the Crestview debate again, no way!
-If 2 teams are going to leave, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. Hopefully it is 2 of the bigger schools. We will easily find two or 3 D7 schools if it becomes a mostly all D7 league.

Last edited by bop; 07-23-18 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-23-18, 03:32 PM
All World

Quote:
-Not touching the Crestview debate again, no way!
-If 2 teams are going to leave, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. Hopefully it is 2 of the bigger schools. We will easily find two or 3 D7 schools if it becomes a mostly all D7 league.
IF it is so easy to find replacements, find one for Toronto, so we can hammer them, too.

Come on Bop, your still fighting that anger about Toronto.

My apologies if EP is too big for the EOAC. Shades of the TCL, Louisville, Minerva, Poland and EP all got the boot, way back in the late 60's and early 70's. Too big.

You know as well as I do, this all started with the Crapview issue. Range was Scumbiana's problem, along with Crapview. The ITCL would still be intact if not for Crapview and the ones who bitched about travel and cross over games.

Last edited by bulldog1974; 07-23-18 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-24-18, 06:26 AM
All Ohio

EP will come back down to earth after this season. I am not worried about them. It seems however, that they and another school are not happy with us, so I say good luck "stepping up" if that is what you all want to do. If there is not a D5 plus a couple of D6's in the league, it would look much more attractive to the other 7's out there. I do not want it to happen, but maybe it will. Toronto screwed everyone, yet some will continue to play them after this year, watch.

Quote:
IF it is so easy to find replacements, find one for Toronto, so we can hammer them, too.

Come on Bop, your still fighting that anger about Toronto.

My apologies if EP is too big for the EOAC. Shades of the TCL, Louisville, Minerva, Poland and EP all got the boot, way back in the late 60's and early 70's. Too big.

You know as well as I do, this all started with the Crapview issue. Range was Scumbiana's problem, along with Crapview. The ITCL would still be intact if not for Crapview and the ones who bitched about travel and cross over games.
Old 07-24-18, 09:43 AM
All World

Quote:
That must be how JFK swipes players, eh? Hypocrite.
Old 07-26-18, 05:37 AM
All World

https://www.wkbn.com/sports/2018-eoa...ule/1313959897

https://www.wkbn.com/sports/2018-eoa...hes/1290822317

https://www.wkbn.com/sports/2017-eoa...ers/1290809267