Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-01-18, 09:36 PM
All American

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Iím pretty sure his team had just as many, if not more issues than Meyerís at UF.
FSU had their issues , but unlike meyer, bowden didnt pretend they didnt happen . bowden owned them and handed out numerous suspensions. i recall bowden suspending his top wide out right before the ncaa championship game. tell me meyer and OSU would do that. bowden didnt try to paint FSU as a the squeaky clean like OSU tries to portray themselves as.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-18, 10:08 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Why do you find it hard to believe? Domestic Violence is a problem we all just pretend to care about. Unless its on video then it didn't happen.

Most of these females are under both mental and physical control of these guys. If the male figure is the one bringing all the money into the household (like this case), the one with the public backing (like this case), the one who can ensure the kids get the best (like this case)...then females see no way they can do things on their own.
Maybe you pretend to care about it. I think anyone who hits a woman like that deserves to get the $hit beaten out of them for years in prison.

She (supposedly) told all of her friends about this to the degree that Urban Meyer knew directly or through his wife, knowing this would get him fired immediately and probably never hired again, disgrace his name so he wouldn't have any public backing or credibility with any academic institution, but she doesn't go to the police because she is financially dependent on him, is worried the public will support someone who beats his wife, and wants to use his reputation and standing to ensure the best for their kids?

That doesn't make any sense. Both cannot be true and are mutually exclusive.
Old 08-02-18, 01:49 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
That's one of the most interesting details in all of this IMO. Smith has arguably been their crappiest assistant coach for the duration of the Meyer era.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
But he probably also had the most dirt on Meyer and he has shown how volitile he is. I think it is entirely possible that Smith threatened Urban to reveal details about recruiting or other shady crap that would have gotten him fired or worse. Mrs. Meyers text to the ex wife said Smith scared her- that makes me think this may be the case.
Old 08-02-18, 02:38 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I suspect that what we'll find is that this was an incredibly dysfunctional couple and that they both have major issues that are compounded by the other's behavior. This will be like an episode of Jerry Springer.

That's exactly what this is. It's very telling that no charges were ever filed against Zach Smith. Contrary to what the media often reports, it is the prosecution that decides whether or not to proceed with a domestic violence case, not the alleged victim.

Consider the 2009 incident. He (Zach) brings a female co-worker home. She (Courtney) begins to argue with him over whether or not he's cheating. He goes to bed. She tries to get him up, he refuses. He shoves her. She hits him. His statement to the police is the same except that she hit him first, then he shoved her. Police note the collar of her shirt is stretched and there is a red mark on his arm. What are the police supposed to do? The "injuries" are so minor it's laughable. In 2009, the response was unequivocally to arrest the male. Funny enough... today, that law has been changed in most states, and Courtney Smith's own admissions to the police would have resulted in her arrest as well. In any event, he was arrested, let go, no charges filed because it's nothing but Springer nonsense. They get back together.

All of the other incidents follow the same pattern. She gets him on criminal trespass (warning only, no arrest) because he drives a couple feet into her driveway when dropping off their son. He gets drunk one night and throws her Christmas wreath on the ground (aggravated menacing, warning only, no arrest). One of the "nine incidents of abuse" is literally "[Courtney] Smith was stopped speeding 37 in a 25. Started crying, told officer she was a victim of domestic violence." Give me a break. How many "protection orders" is she up to that she never followed through on?

A couple of trashy narcissists is all these two are! But it's not illegal to be a trashy narcissist, and Title IX was never intended to cover these kinds of incidents. Firing Smith over one of these incidents also could have had its own legal consequences, mind you.

Now I like OSU. I think Urban is kind of a weirdo but whatever. Now he's going to lose his job because the media needs some good clickbait. Nothing sells like trash TV. If I were Meyer, I'd get the highest priced lawyer I could find and sue the hell out of the university if (when) they fire him. Let them spend millions to prove he's in violation of contract. Probably won't win, but you never know. But no BS apology when he didn't do anything wrong. He's done anyway and the media will never let him clear his name. His biggest sin: hiring white trash.
Old 08-02-18, 07:33 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
That text of been taken out of context and Shelly might of said she was scared for Courtney because she knew Courtney had some screws loose. Iím pretty sure Urbanís wife is a psych nurse. She might of assessed her or caught some red flags. I have a feeling Courtney Smith may have Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) I canít diagnose someone with BPD, but sheís showing the traits of this.

Please read this link also. I see a strong correlation with this article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psy...-in-love%3famp
Did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night?
Old 08-02-18, 07:56 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
But he probably also had the most dirt on Meyer and he has shown how volitile he is. I think it is entirely possible that Smith threatened Urban to reveal details about recruiting or other shady crap that would have gotten him fired or worse. Mrs. Meyers text to the ex wife said Smith scared her- that makes me think this may be the case.
has dirt on him....classic.......what a bunch of crap....
Old 08-02-18, 08:01 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
That's exactly what this is. It's very telling that no charges were ever filed against Zach Smith. Contrary to what the media often reports, it is the prosecution that decides whether or not to proceed with a domestic violence case, not the alleged victim.

Consider the 2009 incident. He (Zach) brings a female co-worker home. She (Courtney) begins to argue with him over whether or not he's cheating. He goes to bed. She tries to get him up, he refuses. He shoves her. She hits him. His statement to the police is the same except that she hit him first, then he shoved her. Police note the collar of her shirt is stretched and there is a red mark on his arm. What are the police supposed to do? The "injuries" are so minor it's laughable. In 2009, the response was unequivocally to arrest the male. Funny enough... today, that law has been changed in most states, and Courtney Smith's own admissions to the police would have resulted in her arrest as well. In any event, he was arrested, let go, no charges filed because it's nothing but Springer nonsense. They get back together.

All of the other incidents follow the same pattern. She gets him on criminal trespass (warning only, no arrest) because he drives a couple feet into her driveway when dropping off their son. He gets drunk one night and throws her Christmas wreath on the ground (aggravated menacing, warning only, no arrest). One of the "nine incidents of abuse" is literally "[Courtney] Smith was stopped speeding 37 in a 25. Started crying, told officer she was a victim of domestic violence." Give me a break. How many "protection orders" is she up to that she never followed through on?

A couple of trashy narcissists is all these two are! But it's not illegal to be a trashy narcissist, and Title IX was never intended to cover these kinds of incidents. Firing Smith over one of these incidents also could have had its own legal consequences, mind you.

Now I like OSU. I think Urban is kind of a weirdo but whatever. Now he's going to lose his job because the media needs some good clickbait. Nothing sells like trash TV. If I were Meyer, I'd get the highest priced lawyer I could find and sue the hell out of the university if (when) they fire him. Let them spend millions to prove he's in violation of contract. Probably won't win, but you never know. But no BS apology when he didn't do anything wrong. He's done anyway and the media will never let him clear his name. His biggest sin: hiring white trash.
bingo.....give this man a cigar, over ALL those years , no charges are filed, and for Smith to charged with trespassing because he was dropping the kid off! something smells.....

and the MEDIA, without knowing the whole story, they just want a pound of flesh.....
Old 08-02-18, 08:04 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night?
but for NO charges to be filed over the years....is kinda surprising
Old 08-02-18, 08:27 AM
All Ohio

bop is on a distinguished road
When have you ever seen a major college coach placed on administrative leave and come back?

If there is evidence he knew get rid of him quick. Recruiting is everything in college football, cannot afford to potentially miss kids over this.

If all the assistants wives knew as she claims, then do all of the assistants get fired too? How do they not?

What a mess!

The kid at Iowa State is a winner, too late to get him now but could get him after the season. Bob Stoops, Ohio guy?? He could be there tomorrow and right the ship overnight.
Old 08-02-18, 08:35 AM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Chip Kelly?
Old 08-02-18, 08:35 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Pure speculation but I thought it was interesting. I read it elsewhere: OSU named Day instead of Schiano and Wilson, former head coaches, because they expect Urban to be back soon.
Old 08-02-18, 08:37 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Imagine if Kevin Wilson is the new coach of the Buckeyes?? He'd gone from the outhouse to the Penthouse in two seasons...
Old 08-02-18, 08:53 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Pure speculation but I thought it was interesting. I read it elsewhere: OSU named Day instead of Schiano and Wilson, former head coaches, because they expect Urban to be back soon.
My guess is it's because both have controversy surrounding them too. Schiano with the Penn State stuff, Wilson being accused of mistreating players at IU.
Old 08-02-18, 09:01 AM
All Region

Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Chip Kelly?
After 1 yr at UCLA, I doubt it.
Old 08-02-18, 09:03 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
When have you ever seen a major college coach placed on administrative leave and come back?

If there is evidence he knew get rid of him quick. Recruiting is everything in college football, cannot afford to potentially miss kids over this.

If all the assistants wives knew as she claims, then do all of the assistants get fired too? How do they not?

What a mess!

The kid at Iowa State is a winner, too late to get him now but could get him after the season. Bob Stoops, Ohio guy?? He could be there tomorrow and right the ship overnight.
Are all OSU fans as delusional as these guys? The only semi realistic option in their Top 5 is Stoops. In their 6Ė10 list, Campbell and Fuentes are a possibility, Dantonio isnít going anywhere.

Old 08-02-18, 09:10 AM
All World

Not saying it will happen, but you don't think Kelly would consider leaving UCLA for OSU?
Old 08-02-18, 09:21 AM
All Ohio

bop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Are all OSU fans as delusional as these guys? The only semi realistic option in their Top 5 is Stoops. In their 6Ė10 list, Campbell and Fuentes are a possibility, Dantonio isnít going anywhere.

Why would Dantonio not be interested? I forgot about him. No coach with any scruples would leave with the season upon us. Stoops does not have that problem. He could be on a plane today. Keep current staff thru the season and keep recruits that have committed. Ryan Day will not get what Stoops could get.
Old 08-02-18, 09:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
Not saying it will happen, but you don't think Kelly would consider leaving UCLA for OSU?

Not after 1 yr. Also, terrible fit personality wise. Heís an odd guy, very introverted, hates the spotlight. He would not handle the media well in Cbus.

Looking at their list

Stoops- maybe, but Iíd say less than a 25% chance

Herman- not leaving Texas

Kelly- no

Franklin- youíd have to be dumb to think thatís even a remote possibility

Vrabel- not leaving an NFL HC job after 1 yr, unless heís fired

Schiano- canít imagine OSU wants him as HC after the Cluster f*** at UT

Dantonio- too old, happy where heís at. Has his own isssues anyway

Campbell- far and away the best choice. Would already be making moves to get him

Day- canít imagine they would want to make an Interim HC with no prior experience, full time

Fuentes- solid 2nd option, wouldnít have much trouble luring him away

I canít believe Brohm or Fleck werenít on the list. Both young, up and coming coaches from lower tier B10 schools they could easily pluck away.
Old 08-02-18, 09:30 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
Why would Dantonio not be interested? I forgot about him. No coach with any scruples would leave with the season upon us. Stoops does not have that problem. He could be on a plane today. Keep current staff thru the season and keep recruits that have committed. Ryan Day will not get what Stoops could get.
Dantonio is in his 60s and very comfortable at Mich St.Plus, OSU would be wise to avoid him as he has issues with coverups in his own program.

Stoops could be a possibility, but he was so burnt out, he left a Playofff team and Heisman winner. And I mean legit burnt out, not fake burnt out like Meyer when he left UF.
Old 08-02-18, 09:39 AM
All World

Quote:
Not after 1 yr.
I don't see why that would matter if he wanted the job.
Old 08-02-18, 09:42 AM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
bingo.....give this man a cigar, over ALL those years , no charges are filed, and for Smith to charged with trespassing because he was dropping the kid off! something smells.....

and the MEDIA, without knowing the whole story, they just want a pound of flesh.....
of course
Old 08-02-18, 09:43 AM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
That text of been taken out of context and Shelly might of said she was scared for Courtney because she knew Courtney had some screws loose. Iím pretty sure Urbanís wife is a psych nurse. She might of assessed her or caught some red flags. I have a feeling Courtney Smith may have Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) I canít diagnose someone with BPD, but sheís showing the traits of this.

Please read this link also. I see a strong correlation with this article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psy...-in-love%3famp
Thank you Sigmund Freud.
Old 08-02-18, 09:44 AM
All Region

Quote:
I don't see why that would matter if he wanted the job.
He likes the Coast and wouldnít want the job.
Old 08-02-18, 09:49 AM
All World

Quote:
He likes the Coast and wouldnít want the job.
I have no idea if this is true or not(and neither do you) or if OSU would even want Kelly for that matter. Just asking what him being there one year has to do with anything.
Old 08-02-18, 09:57 AM
All Region

Quote:
I have no idea if this is true or not(and neither do you) or if OSU would even want Kelly for that matter. Just asking what him being there one year has to do with anything.
I could see him entertaining the idea of coming out of his comfort zone after a few yrs of sustained success. Similar to what he did going to Philly. However, after only 1 yr and being happy in LA, I canít see him wanting to make that move.
Old 08-02-18, 10:03 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
There's literally zero proof that Schiano had any knowledge of wrongdoing during the 4-5 years he was at Penn State. His "baggage" is that Clay Travis and some other Tennessee sports media folks thought he wasn't good enough for UT and they actively smeared him until enough fans bought in that he wasn't hireable. He shouldn't get this job, but it's because OSU can do better.

If Urban is out they should kick the tires on a couple of stretch candidates in Stoops and Kelly before zeroing in on Campbell and Fleck. Those are the two obvious choices IMO. Young, energetic, proven track records of building/improving programs, phenomenal recruiters, and ties to Ohio State and/or the state of Ohio.

Old 08-02-18, 10:10 AM
All World

Quote:
There's literally zero proof that Schiano had any knowledge of wrongdoing during the 4-5 years he was at Penn State. His "baggage" is that Clay Travis and some other Tennessee sports media folks thought he wasn't good enough for UT and they actively smeared him until enough fans bought in that he wasn't hireable. He shouldn't get this job, but it's because OSU can do better.
This is true. The Travis slandering of Schiano as being an enabler of child-molestation just because he wanted a different coach at UT is probably the all-time low in sports journalism, at least within my lifetime.
Old 08-02-18, 10:25 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
So what happens if Shelley denies that she ever told Urban about this?
Old 08-02-18, 10:29 AM
All World

It would be an obvious lie and really elevate Urban to a new status of scumbag for throwing his wife under the bus to save his job.
Old 08-02-18, 10:34 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
If Shelley falls on the sword to keep Urban around, OSU would take a massive beating in the media for a long time.