Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-01-18, 05:50 PM
All Region

Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Would move him up my rankings, but Rick Pitino will always have my #1 scumbag spot on lockdown.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Bobby Petrino.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-18, 05:50 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
If nothing else, I think this situation highlights a ton of problems with DV cases. Through occurrences with multiple police departments, a man who appears to have an established pattern of violence/abuse escaped charges. On at least one of those police calls, the victim appears to have shied away from pursuing charges for concern over the aggressor losing his job and not being able to financially provide for their children to the same degree. For the 2015 police call, then and current police reports seem to conflict over whether the aggressor was actually arrested or not.

With what's known, I'm not sure what happens with Urban. I think he's obviously out if it's proven that he knew, but there may be a case for (hard to believe) plausible deniability that his wife never informed him.

This coming from someone who worked in law enforcement...DV cases are the most frustrating because an absurd amount get tossed to the side because the victim refuses to continue the prosecution. If both parties are present when the police arrive an arrest can be made. If the primary aggressor isn't there then the victim can decide whether to sign a warrant or the police can if there are visible marks. Most times those cases are turned over to the prosecutor I wouldn't exactly place this whole this on the police being that there are many issues out of their control.
Old 08-01-18, 05:52 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
It is literally in Urbanís contract he must report these things. Heís reaping the consequences of his actions
He's clearly reaping the consequences of Zach Smith's actions
Old 08-01-18, 05:52 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Anyone working FOR you, not with you... big difference.
Yup I agree.
Old 08-01-18, 05:59 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
I'm writing out a list of all wrongdoings I've ever heard about from secondary sources and taking it straight into HR tomorrow. Gotta cover yo a$s people
Old 08-01-18, 06:01 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
What I find very odd about all of this is how the police didn't more involved back in 2015 and make this a very public thing. The reporters article that claimed to have text messages about it says she called the police and told them not to come to her house. I don't know all the facts, but that just didn't fit in with this story when I read the article. It's been very public 3 years later and she has been calling for people's heads. I'm just a bigger deal wasn't legally made when it happened.
Old 08-01-18, 06:04 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Urban seems like a giant POS
Old 08-01-18, 06:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
I'm writing out a list of all wrongdoings I've ever heard about from secondary sources and taking it straight into HR tomorrow. Gotta cover yo a$s people
Are you the CEO of your company? Otherwise, thatís not apples to apples.
Old 08-01-18, 06:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
What I find very odd about all of this is how the police didn't more involved back in 2015 and make this a very public thing. The reporters article that claimed to have text messages about it says she called the police and told them not to come to her house. I don't know all the facts, but that just didn't fit in with this story when I read the article. It's been very public 3 years later and she has been calling for people's heads. I'm just a bigger deal wasn't legally made when it happened.
Bc itís not a big deal legally. Too many ppl are viewing this as a Criminal Trial, itís not. Right or wrong, itís all about public opinion. And once again, itís the lie that sinks someone. If Meyer had just acknowledge he knew of the issue, but didnít understand the severity, heíd be getting flack, but heíd still have a job
Old 08-01-18, 06:13 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Are you in a position of power at a federally-funded university?
Old 08-01-18, 06:14 PM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
I imagine Urban's defense will be that his wife knew but never told him just how bad it was. Which would be an obvious lie. Probably best to just issue a mea culpa at this point.
I think he should say "what difference does it make?"
Old 08-01-18, 06:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Placing him on administrative leave is the right thing to do until they investigate what actually happened. If it turns out Meyer covered it up, he deserves to go IMO.
Old 08-01-18, 06:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Bc itís not a big deal legally. Too many ppl are viewing this as a Criminal Trial, itís not. Right or wrong, itís all about public opinion. And once again, itís the lie that sinks someone. If Meyer had just acknowledge he knew of the issue, but didnít understand the severity, heíd be getting flack, but heíd still have a job
All for a replaceable coach. I'm reading that the only reason Meyer was so favorable towards Smith is because his grandpa is Earl Bruce.
Old 08-01-18, 06:17 PM
All American

Quote:
He's clearly reaping the consequences of Zach Smith's actions
Agreed. Put blame where it's needed, the guy that actually did the assault.
Old 08-01-18, 06:19 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Placing him on administrative leave is the right thing to do until they investigate what actually happened. If it turns out Meyer covered it up, he deserves to go IMO.
Yes if he covered it up. But is he obligated to intervene in another mans relationship? No
Old 08-01-18, 06:19 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Bc it’s not a big deal legally. Too many ppl are viewing this as a Criminal Trial, it’s not. Right or wrong, it’s all about public opinion. And once again, it’s the lie that sinks someone. If Meyer had just acknowledge he knew of the issue, but didn’t understand the severity, he’d be getting flack, but he’d still have a job
Exactly correct.

Let's imagine last week Meyer releases something like this

Quote:
I’d heard about the 2015 reports, but the police didn’t file charges, so I relied on their judgement. I believe in second chances and really wanted to believe that Zach was a good guy who just had issues with alcohol, but could be put back on the right path. I was horrified when I learned that there was more to this incident than I’d heard from the police reports. Clearly I made a mistake in giving Zach a pass in 2015 and really wish I’d handled the situation differently.
What happens? He gets ripped by the media and is the topic of a bunch of thinkpieces for a few weeks.

Instead, he came out defiant and pretending he’d never heard of any of it, so now he’s on administrative leave and likely looking at being fired in disgrace.
Old 08-01-18, 06:22 PM
All American

Can they prove without a doubt he knew?
Old 08-01-18, 06:22 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Interesting how 2 Assts with HC experience were passed over as Interim HC. Not surprising, both have a few skeletons in the closet from their last gig
Yes and no. I think the main reason Day is getting the nod is because he's one of Urb's boys from being a GA at Florida and working for Adazio at Boston College. I personally like this set up if Day ends up being more of an overseer and the other two guys actually run their sides of the ball very autonomously.

As far as skeletons, I don't really consider Schiano to have any. His wrongdoing IMO appears to be mostly thinking Tennessee is still a good job and being connected to Penn State wrongdoing by idiot UT fans that thought hiring Schiano was beneath them.

Old 08-01-18, 06:24 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
All for a replaceable coach. I'm reading that the only reason Meyer was so favorable towards Smith is because his grandpa is Earl Bruce.
That's one of the most interesting details in all of this IMO. Smith has arguably been their crappiest assistant coach for the duration of the Meyer era.

Old 08-01-18, 06:27 PM
All Universe

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
I'd keep Meyer
Old 08-01-18, 06:33 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
We live in an odd world where knowledge of an evil is punished greater than perpetrating the actual evil. Don't get me wrong, Urb deserves what he gets if this pans out, but in the end he'll lose more than Smith ever did.
Old 08-01-18, 06:45 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
We live in an odd world where knowledge of an evil is punished greater than perpetrating the actual evil. Don't get me wrong, Urb deserves what he gets if this pans out, but in the end he'll lose more than Smith ever did.
True
Old 08-01-18, 07:01 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
This is going to be interesting. I can guarantee negative recruiting is going on against Ohio State to pick up potential recruits.

I would of got rid of the coach ASAP if there is any proof they did anything. This might cost his job. If his wife would of reported this, he would of been gone earlier. Again, this is a fd up situation. I wouldn’t be upset if Urban gets the boot and it’s clearly understanble.

At the same time, if you are above 18, there is only so much if you can do to put your foot down if you are suspicious of abuse or have knowledge of it. The accuser needs to call the police. It was a bad situation for Courtney. She discussed in the video on she thought he would change. Unfortunately, you can’t fix crazy..you run! In the recent interview, Courtney claimed she spoke with Urban’s Wife. She probably told Urban and even gave her advice what to do (probably telling her to run for her life and threaten a protection order).

Fired or not fired..this is a crazy situation. If Urban stays, at least he did the right thing booting Smith (FINALLY!!), but he should of done this a long times ago. I’m wondering if Smith has some serious dirt in Florida and that was why he was kept on the staff.
Old 08-01-18, 07:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Can they prove without a doubt he knew?
No, but this isnít a Criminal case. Heís got to prove his innocence.
All Yappi

Just saw that earlier today Zach Smith said he's going to bring everyone at Ohio State down with him. Buckle up boys, this could get fun.
All District

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
He was intamate with a cheerleader named zach?wow.He may lose his job.
Old 08-01-18, 07:09 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Eh, Smith lost his family, job, and will never coach again. Meyer will still be a millionaire and get another shot at some point.
Old 08-01-18, 07:10 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I find it odd she had numerous chances to pursue charges and decided not to so her husband wouldn't get thrown under the bus. Now she's throwing people under the bus left and right. I my opinion that's a strange pattern of behavior.
Old 08-01-18, 07:21 PM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Urban should go Clinton and make both Smiths disappear.
Old 08-01-18, 07:23 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Is Urban Meyer in Trouble?

Quote:

Usually on your side. But if he covered up repeatedly for a serial wife beater, he deserves to be fired

Guy has always been a scumbag. He ran a prison camp at Florida. Osu fans just looked the other way when he became their elite coach. Low morals is nothing new from him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk