Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-10-18, 05:44 AM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Is Urban Meyer in Trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Wonder how many people in the " All Righteous " media who jumped to the conclusion that ZS was guilty will issue an apology to ZS and to Meyer on why he kept Smith on his staff if it is Proven ZS never physically abused his wife.

So why was he fired a day before the report was set to be released to the mainstream public ? If he never hit her and she "trapped" him in a shady way now with their kid then he should still be employed ...

I still think he abused her. I never said she hasn't done shady things or labeled her an innocent angel but I think it's naive to think nothjng ever happened between them

The question is if meyer followed protocol. I said that all along. And if he did he stays. Which I again have said all along here and elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 08-10-18 at 06:38 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-18, 06:46 AM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
So why was he fired a day before the report was set to be released to the mainstream public ? If he never hit her and she "trapped" him in a shady way now with their kid then he should still be employed ...

I still think he abused her. I never said she hasn't done shady things or labeled her an innocent angel but I think it's naive to think nothjng ever happened between them

The question is if meyer followed protocol. I said that all along. And if he did he stays. Which I again have said all along here and elsewhere

My guess is they felt he did something stupid but he just dropped off their son. So if it does't come out you can keep your jo but don't ever do it again. But, if it does comes out then we are going to forced to let you go. Why? Because the PC culture we are in. Just look at all of calling for Urban head. You don't want to know all the facts simple because an accusation was made he should be fired!
Old 08-10-18, 07:05 AM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Hitter 1 View Post
My guess is they felt he did something stupid but he just dropped off their son. So if it does't come out you can keep your jo but don't ever do it again. But, if it does comes out then we are going to forced to let you go. Why? Because the PC culture we are in. Just look at all of calling for Urban head. You don't want to know all the facts simple because an accusation was made he should be fired!

Like I said , I still think shady things happened. But if he is shown in writing to have reported it , then he should keep his job

And I'm just giving the other side and debating it like so many osu fans did with other schools scandals on here. And when reports came out showing innocence and proof , they still maintained guilt too

Old 08-10-18, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Zach Smith's mother AND Courtney Smith's mother BOTH do not believe that Zach hit her

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-down-with-him

Quote:
Snook also exchanged text messages with Courtney's mother, Tina Carano, who also told Snook that she did not believe Zach was physically violent toward her daughter.

Reached this afternoon, Tina Carano would only communicate via text messages and backed Lynn Bruce’s version.

When asked if she believed her daughter’s claims of physical abuse, she replied, “I believe that Zach was removing himself from an argument and I do not believe he intentionally abused her. I do not believe he actually intentionally swung or punched her … no.”

As far as ever hearing her daughter say she would “take Zach down,” she replied, “Yes.”

And when Meyer’s name was mentioned, she added, “I cannot quote her exact words as I don’t remember them word for word, but something to that extent. This is my daughter and I love her but I do not approve of what she has done and how it was done.”

Following that text, she did not respond to follow-up questions.

Bruce told Snook that Courtney and her mother have become estranged over Courtney's allegations against Zach.

“Tina believes Zach and she is on his side through all this," Bruce told Snook. "She knows what her own daughter is like. She thinks she has serious problems and she knows she planned this whole thing.”

Bruce also told Snook that she believes Meyer "did exactly what he was supposed to do" in handling the situation.

“He passed it on whenever something came up," Bruce told Snook. "Urban Meyer would never retain an assistant coach who beats his wife, no matter who that man’s grandfather is. I was heartbroken when he fired Zach.”

Last edited by Michael Bluth; 08-10-18 at 09:01 AM..
Old 08-10-18, 08:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
This is why you don't stick your d*ck in crazy.

Her own mother is calling her a liar. Urban, OSU, and the Powell PD continue to look better the more info comes out.

Looking forward to the melt from MentorMad when Urban is found to have followed protocol and is rightfully not disciplined.
And most assuredly why you never cheat on crazy
Old 08-10-18, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Zach Smith's mother AND Courtney Smith's mother BOTH say that Zach never hit her

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-down-with-him
Your statement is not accurate, read it again; Courtney Smith's mother never says that Zach did not hit her; only that she BELIEVES that he did not INTENTIONALLY hit her.
The other point is that neither were present at the incidents, so they do not have first hand knowledge. Their statements support Zach's version; and are damaging to Courtney's version.
Old 08-10-18, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
This is why you don't stick your d*ck in crazy.

Her own mother is calling her a liar. Urban, OSU, and the Powell PD continue to look better the more info comes out.

Looking forward to the melt from MentorMad when Urban is found to have followed protocol and is rightfully not disciplined.
You can stick “crazy” all that you want to, but you don’t sign up for a life sentence. Hell, you probably play an away game and don’t sleep there. Definitely don’t bring her home !

The “journalist” that took advantage of this crazy b1tch, even though let go from his old gig and left to freelance, should be ashamed of himself.
Old 08-10-18, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
No melt here. I don't center my life around sports let alone osu. Don't really care about them either way

My feelings on meyer won't change on this situation either. Guy is still slimey overall.

Osu fans knew this too until he became their coach

This^ is probably typical of all the other weak-azz message board hyenas.

What did you say ?.... Walk on home, boy.....
Old 08-10-18, 09:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Your statement is not accurate, read it again; Courtney Smith's mother never says that Zach did not hit her; only that she BELIEVES that he did not INTENTIONALLY hit her.
The other point is that neither were present at the incidents, so they do not have first hand knowledge. Their statements support Zach's version; and are damaging to Courtney's version.
Ok sure, but this is a message board and not a court of law. Nonetheless, I will amend my previous post to say the mothers don't 'believe' he ever hit her. I figured that was implied, since only Courtney and Zach know 100% everything that happened
Old 08-10-18, 09:32 AM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
You can stick “crazy” all that you want to, but you don’t sign up for a life sentence. Hell, you probably play an away game and don’t sleep there. Definitely don’t bring her home !

The “journalist” that took advantage of this crazy b1tch, even though let go from his old gig and left to freelance, should be ashamed of himself.
Old 08-10-18, 10:16 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ok sure, but this is a message board and not a court of law. Nonetheless, I will amend my previous post to say the mothers don't 'believe' he ever hit her. I figured that was implied, since only Courtney and Zach know 100% everything that happened
Implications don't exist here and someone knowing full well what is implied will call you out for it when there's nothing left to argue.
Old 08-10-18, 11:59 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
You have to wonder if McMurphy ever considered Courtney's role and motives in all this. It is TBD how this will turn out, but there is a chance he ends up looking a bit foolish and, if nothing else, entirely one-sided in his reporting.
Old 08-10-18, 12:50 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
You have to wonder if McMurphy ever considered Courtney's role and motives in all this. It is TBD how this will turn out, but there is a chance he ends up looking a bit foolish and, if nothing else, entirely one-sided in his reporting.
The line of journalist that don't like Urban and let it cloud their work is long but its starts with Mike Bianchi: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...803-story.html
Old 08-10-18, 01:20 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He already looks foolish. And he doesn't care about her role in this. His goal was to bring down Urban and make OSU look bad.
Old 08-10-18, 01:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I have a feeling it'll be mostly swept under the rug if/when they find out she was lying, and the networks will allow people to come to their own conclusions about why Urban was not fired by Ohio State.
Old 08-10-18, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

Facebook post from Jeff Snook, the journalist who broke the news that the two mothers both corroborated Zach Smith's story:

Quote:
I see some in the national media, including some who know me, have questioned my motives, etc., for yesterday's story on the Ohio State investigation. Yahoo even ran my so-called "resume" of "four books on Ohio State football including one in which Urban Meyer wrote the forward," next to Brett McMurphy's. First of all, let me say that Brett has earned his dues with a track record of breaking stories. Secondly, It is a fact I graduated from Ohio State - with a degree in Journalism. And that last part of the sentence is more crucial than the first part, in this case. For the record, I didn't just fall out of the stands of Ohio Stadium as a fan and onto Facebook yesterday, as some have suggested. I have 17 years of newspaper experience, including nine as a beat writer covering Florida State and four more at Florida (Steve Spurrier was coach, not Meyer). I broke my share of stories along the way. And I also wrote nine more books on subjects besides Ohio State. I know my journalism ethics and fundamentals and I follow them closely. Unless I am writing a column, my opinion doesn't enter into it - and it didn't yesterday, either. I had more than the two sources i quoted yesterday. Two more chose to go off the record, saying similar things and corroborating my on-record sources, so I didn't use them. I have received much more information since I published the story but am choosing to keep it to myself. It just backs up what was written and would be redundant. Anyway, enough said. It's a Friday, so smile, tell your parents or children you love them - and Have a great day!
Old 08-10-18, 02:30 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I have a feeling it'll be mostly swept under the rug if/when they find out she was lying, and the networks will allow people to come to their own conclusions about why Urban was not fired by Ohio State.
Sadly, I don't believe this. If he is cleared, I think the media will continue to imply that Urban supported a wife beater the rest of his career. Paul Finebaum is the worst example. For him to say that after watching the two interviewed that he trusted Courtney Smith and did not believe Zach Smith was unbecoming of a sports journalist. The rush to judgement was clear by CNN and ESPN.
Old 08-10-18, 02:45 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
The SEC media is really imploding after the latest details regarding Smith and it's pretty hilarious.
Old 08-10-18, 04:14 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
Hot vs. Crazy Matrix is the most valuable YouTube video for any young man.
And LOL funny!!!
Old 08-10-18, 06:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
just say no to Tiffany
Old 08-10-18, 06:53 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I love OSU fans acting like McMurphy was fired because of his writing abilities. He was laid off because ESPN is losing a ton of money and they laid off the senior writers who cost more. In order to continue getting paid by ESPN as part of his agreement he can't report for any other company. He can't even start his own website. But he does have the rights to his own facebook page. He even offered to continue giving ESPN his stories since they were paying him and they declined. They've lost out on some big stories that could've been broke on their site. And they would've loved this one. I believe he'll start with a new company on Monday when his contract is up.

Another thing OSU fans have claimed is shoddy reporting based on not confirming the open records releases he received. As OSU investigators are learning, Powell PD can't just comment about cases. There are laws against it. They've somewhat said there may have been some human error in the original report and are sticking by the one released July 24. Is that shoddy reporting by the journalist or shoddy reporting by the police? Remember, I'm very pro police but you can't make that type of report error. And I'm sure a supervisor checked it, it must be caught. Especially when you know that it may end up in the news based on one of the individuals involved being a coach on one of the biggest football programs in the county.

I'm not reading much into Florida's AD at the time having no comment. I'm sure their records are obtainable from an open record request which includes emails. Steve Addazio (now Boston College) said he knew of the 2009 incident when he hired Smith as a coach. Marshall's AD says he knew nothing about Zach's prior issues when they hired him.

This is interesting...Zach Smith's base pay
2013-$155,000
2014-$170,000
2015-$220,000
2016-$226,000...Things to work on, Personal Matters
2017-$300,000
2018-340,000

So he got by far his lowest raise following the year of the allegations?
Old 08-10-18, 07:10 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I love OSU fans acting like McMurphy was fired because of his writing abilities. He was laid off because ESPN is losing a ton of money and they laid off the senior writers who cost more. In order to continue getting paid by ESPN as part of his agreement he can't report for any other company. He can't even start his own website. But he does have the rights to his own facebook page. He even offered to continue giving ESPN his stories since they were paying him and they declined. They've lost out on some big stories that could've been broke on their site. And they would've loved this one. I believe he'll start with a new company on Monday when his contract is up.

Another thing OSU fans have claimed is shoddy reporting based on not confirming the open records releases he received. As OSU investigators are learning, Powell PD can't just comment about cases. There are laws against it. They've somewhat said there may have been some human error in the original report and are sticking by the one released July 24. Is that shoddy reporting by the journalist or shoddy reporting by the police? Remember, I'm very pro police but you can't make that type of report error. And I'm sure a supervisor checked it, it must be caught. Especially when you know that it may end up in the news based on one of the individuals involved being a coach on one of the biggest football programs in the county.

I'm not reading much into Florida's AD at the time having no comment. I'm sure their records are obtainable from an open record request which includes emails. Steve Addazio (now Boston College) said he knew of the 2009 incident when he hired Smith as a coach. Marshall's AD says he knew nothing about Zach's prior issues when they hired him.

This is interesting...Zach Smith's base pay
2013-$155,000
2014-$170,000
2015-$220,000
2016-$226,000...Things to work on, Personal Matters
2017-$300,000
2018-340,000

So he got by far his lowest raise following the year of the allegations?
Just today apparently McMurphy has removed the bit about E Bruce persuading CS not to press charges. Yeah he is a great journalist. Please explain the 5 different ways he tried to tell he ZS was arrested or investigated. You look like a fool defending him as if he is anything but a person who really hates Ohio State, and really, really hates Urban. His tweets from as far back as 2011 prove that. He is a journalist in name only.
Old 08-10-18, 07:22 PM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
He is a journalist in name only.
This is major problem in today society. They are no longer journalist but commentators. They forgot there job is to report the news not taint it with their own personal biased.
Old 08-10-18, 07:29 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Even if Meyer failed to report the incident, OSU has the right not to punish Meyer at all. However why did OSU ever put Meyer in this position, Meyer is a football coach not a babysitter for his coaches. OSU should have never put that clause about reporting any DV in his contract. I wonder if Saban has a DV clause in his contract ?
Old 08-10-18, 08:11 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
Just today apparently McMurphy has removed the bit about E Bruce persuading CS not to press charges. Yeah he is a great journalist. Please explain the 5 different ways he tried to tell he ZS was arrested or investigated. You look like a fool defending him as if he is anything but a person who really hates Ohio State, and really, really hates Urban. His tweets from as far back as 2011 prove that. He is a journalist in name only.
I look like a fool for defending him? He's one of the most respected reporters in college football. Many people respect his work. If you put John Harbaugh's name in place of Urban Meyer and you think he's the greatest reporter of all time.

I don't think it says in Urban's contract that he must investigate Family Violence, just report it. You're right, OSU doesn't have to fire him if their investigation shows he never told his bosses, but they sure as hell will and with cause.

OSU's dumb for putting it in his contract? That comment right there shows you could care less about doing what's right as long as you win football games. If we didn't report it then it never happened...

And the SEC has some of the strictest rules out of any conference in the country when it comes to family violence. Schools aren't allowed to take any recruit with family violence, sexual abuse history and aren't allowed to take transfers of the same. I'm sure nearly all coaches in today's climate have wording in their contracts stating they must report it to their AD.
Old 08-10-18, 08:20 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
If he was so great ESPN wouldn't have let him go. The cluster with his reporting here validates their decision.
Old 08-10-18, 08:26 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I look like a fool for defending him? He's one of the most respected reporters in college football. Many people respect his work. If you put John Harbaugh's name in place of Urban Meyer and you think he's the greatest reporter of all time.

I don't think it says in Urban's contract that he must investigate Family Violence, just report it. You're right, OSU doesn't have to fire him if their investigation shows he never told his bosses, but they sure as hell will and with cause.

OSU's dumb for putting it in his contract? That comment right there shows you could care less about doing what's right as long as you win football games. If we didn't report it then it never happened...

And the SEC has some of the strictest rules out of any conference in the country when it comes to family violence. Schools aren't allowed to take any recruit with family violence, sexual abuse history and aren't allowed to take transfers of the same. I'm sure nearly all coaches in today's climate have wording in their contracts stating they must report it to their AD.
SEC also known as Sheat ( cheat ) Every Chance conference. Meyer is a football coach not a baby sitter. With OSU resources they can hire law firm or PI firm to check police reports daily for DV or any wrong doings.
Old 08-10-18, 09:16 PM
All American

Quote:

Who respects him? have you read his hateful tweets about Ohio State? he isn't a journalist, journalists don't do those things. As for the rest of your response it has nothing to do with what I wrote, which is really odd.
Old 08-10-18, 09:17 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
SEC also known as Sheat ( cheat ) Every Chance conference. Meyer is a football coach not a baby sitter. With OSU resources they can hire law firm or PI firm to check police reports daily for DV or any wrong doings.
OSU better put aside $100+ million of those resources for all the lawsuits stemming from the handsy wrestling doctor.
Old 08-10-18, 09:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
OSU better put aside $100+ million of those resources for all the lawsuits stemming from the handsy wrestling doctor.
Ha! right. Dude is out of money looking to make a buck. No way they pay him a dime.