Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-19-18, 08:15 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
I respectfully disagree. I don't think the track team getting better is a reflection on anything so much, as I believe it is a significant cause of your football team's success, as well as your success in other sports. I have long subscribed to the theory that football and track go together, and if a school wants to get better in football, that improvements on the track are necessary. I believe that Hoban is an example of that. At least that is the narrative I use when trying to sell track over baseball to Coventry football players. I have no doubt that our recent improvements in football are linked to our recent improvements on the track. Size is a gift. Speed can be acquired.

Also, I may be a bit out of the loop regarding the d1 track landscape. But don't take my concerns lightly in regards to Hoban, or any school with an enrollment count under 330, in d1. I love looking through and keeping track of race results and times from all over Ohio. I practically live on baumspage. numbers don't lie, my friend. I have followed track for several years now. Im not saying this as to discourage Hoban followers, but rather, so you know the challenges you face are not to be taken lightly. That being said, folks from smaller schools can succeed in d1. Hobans 4 by 100 last year. Zack Lake from Coventry, in 2014 and 2015 in the 400. Lane Knoch, from Marlington, in the 300m hurdles. Louisville, in the distance events. Anything can happen.
So what do you respectfully disagree with that I said? I do not believe or have said that Hoban would make a splash in D1 track statewide. Just stated the facts of wins and losses. I also made comments about the high level of staff and facilities at Hoban and how it has impacted all sports. Not just football and track. All teams are in the facility and benefiting from the programs in place. Strength, Speed and endurance are all increased through weight training.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-18, 08:29 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
So what do you respectfully disagree with that I said? I do not believe or have said that Hoban would make a splash in D1 track statewide. Just stated the facts of wins and losses. I also made comments about the high level of staff and facilities at Hoban and how it has impacted all sports. Not just football and track. All teams are in the facility and benefiting from the programs in place. Strength, Speed and endurance are all increased through weight training.
Firstly, Im not stating that you said that hoban would make a splash at states. But the other Hoban poster said something to the effect of "I look forward to seeing several of our guys in Columbus". The optimism is admirable, just warning him not to take the challenges lightly.

You said that Hobans success on the track was a merely like all the other sports, that they just naturally got better due to the famed strength and conditioning program. I believe that your track program, as well as the sport in general, deserves a little more credit than that. That your football guys, have gotten better, primarily because they are putting in the work on the track in the springtime.

Sorry, that's just me being nitpicky, I guess.
Old 04-19-18, 08:45 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Firstly, Im not stating that you said that hoban would make a splash at states. But the other Hoban poster said something to the effect of "I look forward to seeing several of our guys in Columbus". The optimism is admirable, just warning him not to take the challenges lightly.

You said that Hobans success on the track was a merely like all the other sports, that they just naturally got better due to the famed strength and conditioning program. I believe that your track program, as well as the sport in general, deserves a little more credit than that. That your football guys, have gotten better, primarily because they are putting in the work on the track in the springtime.

Sorry, that's just me being nitpicky, I guess.
You are all over the place. Hard to keep track of (no pun intended). I said that all teams are getting better because of a strength and conditioning program that is one of the best in the state. I didnít see anything from other poster about Columbus either.
Old 04-19-18, 08:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard-fan22 View Post
That said, Hoban has several individual sprinters, boys and girls, I look forward to seeing in Columbus.
That's the quote, lol.

Yeah, don't worry about what Im trying to say, doesn't matter. All that matters, is hoban track is a factor in the area, they have proved it with the beatdown they put on SVSM. And their football team is benefiting from the speed they are developing by working hard on the track team. That's all I will say about Hoban now.

Dunno why I'm posting about Hoban actually. I should be more concerned about the elephant in the ptc...woodridge. They are the ones who keep getting in our way when we are trying to get a league championship in track (as well as most sports actually). As well as Norton who we will have to dual on Monday. As well as making Coventry great again. Hoban should be the least of my concerns right now, honestly.
Old 04-19-18, 09:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
That's the quote, lol.

Yeah, don't worry about what Im trying to say, doesn't matter. All that matters, is hoban track is a factor in the area, they have proved it with the beatdown they put on SVSM. And their football team is benefiting from the speed they are developing by working hard on the track team. That's all I will say about Hoban now.

Dunno why I'm posting about Hoban actually. I should be more concerned about the elephant in the ptc...woodridge. They are the ones who keep getting in our way when we are trying to get a league championship in track (as well as most sports actually). As well as Norton who we will have to dual on Monday. As well as making Coventry great again. Hoban should be the least of my concerns right now, honestly.
Didnít see that post. His opinion, not mine. Again, my original post was just stating the fact that Hoban swept St V and were doing well.
Old 04-19-18, 09:46 PM
All American

Quote:
Didnít see that post. His opinion, not mine. Again, my original post was just stating the fact that Hoban swept St V and were doing well.
Whose your next opponent?
Old 04-19-18, 09:56 PM
All American

Coventry cruised to a 81 to 46 win over Mogadore for the boys. We did kind of withdraw many of our best athletes, however, as we are running at an invitational tomorrow night, in Crestwood. Mogadore is an example of a very small school, but with a couple of individuals every year who are pretty good. Mogadore has a guy in the 110 hurdles, who has ran low 15's this season in Sandy Valley. I think last year, they had a girl, Raquel Jones, qualify to states in the hurdles, I think she placed very well. I think she is now running track for Walsh University. So I have a lot of respect for mogadore, and will be pulling for their 110 hurdles guy to get to states for d3.

edit, I just looked it up. Their state qualifier placed second last year at states, with a time of 44.55.
Old 04-20-18, 06:07 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Whose your next opponent?
Trinity invitational today @ Bedford.
Old 04-20-18, 10:23 AM
All District

starcatcher8 is on a distinguished road
Smile

This weekend we will be at the 63rd annual Amherst Steele "Comet" Relays. It is a great extravaganza! The track facility features a nine lane track with plenty of bleachers for the spectators. The competition is always great and with over 25 teams competing this tradition will continue this year. The meet is very well run and the posted time schedule is a plus for the athletes, coaches, and fans. Also, the concessions stand sells great cabbage and noodles!
Old 04-20-18, 10:57 AM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
We will be at the Trinity invitational(Friday) and some of our field eventers will also compete at the Beachwood Meet (Saturday).
Old 04-20-18, 01:22 PM
All American

Looks like tonight should be the last of the cold meet days for track. This weekend and next week it warms up. And after that it is may. I dont see temperatures dipping much under 45 in may.

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 04-20-18 at 03:52 PM..
Old 04-20-18, 10:35 PM
All American

Coventry boys win the Adidas Invitational in Crestwood, Reveres boys took second. Reveres girls win, and Coventry takes second.
Old 04-20-18, 11:32 PM
All Ohio

peebles is on a distinguished road
Salem girls and boys won the East Palestine Relays. CVCA girls and boys were runner-up. Salem boys broke the meet record in the distance medley.
Old 04-23-18, 08:32 AM
Varsity

Packard-Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's the quote, lol.

Yes, I did say I look forward seeing several Hoban sprinters, boys and girls, making it to Columbus. That's not being cocky, just confident. I don't apologize for being a Hoban supporter. I'm also well aware of the tasks it takes to make it to Columbus in D1. My boy anchored the 4X100m relay that made it to Columbus last year. He also made it to the finals of the 100m in Austintown. There are several Hoban sprinters right with him, with continued progress, can be there in Austintown making some noise (ie Bauer, Trayenam and Dickerson). My support of Hoban is not at the detriment of others. I'm sure most track and field athletes are working hard to get better and become, better student athletes.

Last edited by Packard-Fan; 04-23-18 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 04-23-18, 04:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard-Fan View Post
Yes, I did say I look forward seeing several Hoban sprinters, boys and girls, making it to Columbus. That's not being cocky, just confident. I don't apologize for being a Hoban supporter. I'm also well aware of the tasks it takes to make it to Columbus in D1. My boy anchored the 4X100m relay that made it to Columbus last year. He also made it to the finals of the 100m in Austintown. There are several Hoban sprinters right with him, with continued progress, can be there in Austintown making some noise (ie Bauer, Trayenam and Dickerson). My support of Hoban is not at the detriment of others. I'm sure most track and field athletes are working hard to get better and become, better student athletes.
I saw hoban did well at Trinity.

Hats off to Akron Springfield for competing at this competitive meet as well. I see they have a very good 110 hurdler, Aric Parks, whom I hope will represent the PTC Metro well at Lexington Regional, (and hopefully race in Columbus).

On an unrelated note. I'm actually not entirely sure how Akron Springfield ends up at the Lexington Region, seeing as Coventry and Northwest are at Austintown, but whatever, makes it easier to pull for Aric, since he wont be competing directly against Coventry's Damian Jackson in the postseason, unless both make it to state (which would be great for the PTC.

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 04-23-18 at 05:39 PM..
Old 04-24-18, 09:11 AM
All American

Coventry boys beat up its rival Norton. 74-54. Norton did well in the sprints. While Coventry performed well in the jumps, we were also allowed to dominate distance events. You see what Im saying, Psychodad? I wasn't worried about Norton. I assure you, Coventry know how to take care of business with its rival. #whateverittakes

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 04-24-18 at 09:25 AM..
Old 04-25-18, 12:45 PM
All American

Last night Coventry rolls on to win over Akron Springfield and Ravenna. Id say its been an interesting season for us so far, but I think we are definitely in the process of getting our things together. Now that we have warmer weather, I am excited to see how our team will progress. This Friday we will be competing at the Tusky Valley Invitational. Tusky Valley Invite is probably my favorite invitational we go to. We have gone there the past 3 seasons, at which we've won all three, so we will be looking to 4-peat this Friday. Weather will be in the 60's. If the rain can hold off, it would be perfect weather.
Old 04-25-18, 07:55 PM
All Ohio

Hoban continues to win last night at Kimberly Relays @ Bedford over 13 teams. Today 3 way with Firestone and Buchtel. Appeared to be doing well taking the early sprints
Old 04-25-18, 10:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Hoban continues to win last night at Kimberly Relays @ Bedford over 13 teams. Today 3 way with Firestone and Buchtel. Appeared to be doing well taking the early sprints
I see in your results in the beacon that Moegerle is back on track. He recorded a 6'4 in the high jump last spring with SVSM. I have not seen any results from him since; I didn't think he was doing track this year. Looks like he is, or at least he did today against Buchtel.
Old 04-26-18, 05:47 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I see in your results in the beacon that Moegerle is back on track. He recorded a 6'4 in the high jump last spring with SVSM. I have not seen any results from him since; I didn't think he was doing track this year. Looks like he is, or at least he did today against Buchtel.
Had to sit first half of season due to transfer rule. Last night was his first meet. I did overhear conversation that the 6 fastest runners for Hoban were all football players. And the conversation was that it was because of their football training and lifting in the weight room. Lots of depth.
Old 04-26-18, 11:39 AM
All American

Quote:
Had to sit first half of season due to transfer rule. Last night was his first meet. I did overhear conversation that the 6 fastest runners for Hoban were all football players. And the conversation was that it was because of their football training and lifting in the weight room. Lots of depth.
One more question. Who of your best track athletes come from Firestone Park? And Kenmore?

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 04-26-18 at 12:06 PM..
Old 04-26-18, 03:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
One more question. Who of your best track athletes come from Firestone Park? And Kenmore?
I know one is from Copley, 1 from Green and the rest are underclassman who I havenít a clue. Why?
Old 04-26-18, 04:32 PM
All American

Quote:
I know one is from Copley, 1 from Green and the rest are underclassman who I havenít a clue. Why?
Just curious. Im interested in how many people are going where in Kenmore and especially Firestone Park.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 04-26-18 at 05:05 PM..
Old 04-27-18, 01:03 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Curious as to who is from Copley? I know Bauer is from Green and Traynauem is from South Akron and Dickerson is from West Akron?
Old 04-27-18, 01:12 PM
All American

Quote:
Curious as to who is from Copley? I know Bauer is from Green and Traynauem is from South Akron and Dickerson is from West Akron?
Did Traynauem go to Saint Pauls School?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-18, 04:09 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Fitzpatrick
Old 04-27-18, 09:54 PM
All American

Coventry rolls to a 4-peat as Tusky Valley Champions.
Old 04-28-18, 03:27 PM
All Ohio

Salem's boys finished second behind CVCA at the Poland Invite. Girls finished third behind winner Twinsburg and runner-up Youngstown East. Caitlyn Marx won the girls discus with a toss of 144-5. On Friday at the Columbiana County Middle School Championship, Ella Double from Salem broke the 1600 meter record of Angie Adams from Salem. Adams ran 5:26 back in 1991. Double ran 5:24.17, a time that would have won the girls 1600 at the Poland Invitational. She also won the 800 in a respectable 2:35. She was six seconds short of the middle school record (2:29 in 1991) still held by Adams. On a side note, I saw that the East Canton boys rolled to another victory at the Carrollton Warrior Invite. They scored 223 points, Carrollton was runner up with 91.5. They have to be considered as one of the contenders to win their division in Columbus this year. They have a very and talented team in almost every event.

Last edited by peebles; 04-28-18 at 07:02 PM..
Old 04-29-18, 08:14 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Fitzpatrick
Fitzpatrick, played football in Copley. Lives in West Akron, Buchtel's district. I'm also hearing "Chip" Trayneam did go to a Catholic feeder school.
Old 05-01-18, 10:19 PM
All Ohio

Salem girls and boys win Columbiana County Championship. Salem girls run 1600 relay in 4:10 breaking the old record by almost three seconds. Caitlyn Marx wins discus with a 144-8 toss. Next up - Tri-meet with Canton South and Carrollton at Salem on May 3; then the NBC league meet on May 11. NBC meet should be highly competitive with three or four teams closely matched.