Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #511  
Old 05-08-18, 01:00 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,787
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
Classic stuff here. Must have been sick the day they taught basketball 101.


Why can't he get into shape and train properly? Oh yeah, injuries. FRAGILE.


Everyone needs a jump shot to be an above average player. If they don't respect his shot, he won't be able to penetrate effectively, and passing lanes get clogged.


Why was he on the bench in crunch time? He can't shoot a jump shot.
No, I'm just way ahead of you.

Embiid has a cronic foot condition, kind of like what Bill Walton, Sam Bowie and Greg Oden had. Big men and foot problems don't work well together. If he can somehow stay relevant enough that the Sixers can use him 25-35 minutes per night during the regular season, maybe a little more in the playoffs, then maybe that's as good as it gets.

Ben Simmons is 21 years old. There are countless numbers of players who come into the league with no jump shot. Anthony Davis couldn't shoot outside 10 feet when he was at Kentucky, look at him now. Do you assume Simmons won't get better? Just a goofy statement.

Fultz is what, 19 years old? He had a major shoulder injury and just got back to playing basketball 6 weeks ago. Of course he's not going to be in at crunch time when you are jockeying for playoff positioning.

Fultz will improve greatly over the summer and the next several seasons as long as he's healthy. The Sixers will have some personnel decisions to make over the next few months. Obviously they can't keep everyone in the current rotation. Looking in the backcourt, you have Simmons, Redick, Covington, Fultz, Bellini, McConnell, Anderson, Korkmaz and Luwawu-Cabarrot. Redick is not under contract for next season. Do you play Ben and Fultz in the backcourt, McConnell as the backup? Covington is under contract for the next 4 seasons and is your best defensive guard. And of course there is that rumor that LeBron is coming?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #512  
Old 05-08-18, 01:49 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 13,755
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
No, I'm just way ahead of you.

Embiid has a cronic foot condition, kind of like what Bill Walton, Sam Bowie and Greg Oden had. Big men and foot problems don't work well together. If he can somehow stay relevant enough that the Sixers can use him 25-35 minutes per night during the regular season, maybe a little more in the playoffs, then maybe that's as good as it gets.
In other words he's fragile.

Quote:
Ben Simmons is 21 years old. There are countless numbers of players who come into the league with no jump shot. Anthony Davis couldn't shoot outside 10 feet when he was at Kentucky, look at him now. Do you assume Simmons won't get better? Just a goofy statement.
Another incorrect statement. Davis played PG in HS, he had a mid-range jumper, an elbow jumper and even made a few 3s while at Kentucky. His game has obviously grown over the last few years - as will Simmons, but Davis was a better shooter than you're remembering.

Quote:
Fultz is what, 19 years old? He had a major shoulder injury and just got back to playing basketball 6 weeks ago. Of course he's not going to be in at crunch time when you are jockeying for playoff positioning.
Chronic shoulder injury? You mean forgetting how to shoot a basketball? If he was a player that could hit shots when Simmons drives, there would have been a spot for him.

Quote:
Fultz will improve greatly over the summer and the next several seasons as long as he's healthy. The Sixers will have some personnel decisions to make over the next few months. Obviously they can't keep everyone in the current rotation. Looking in the backcourt, you have Simmons, Redick, Covington, Fultz, Bellini, McConnell, Anderson, Korkmaz and Luwawu-Cabarrot. Redick is not under contract for next season. Do you play Ben and Fultz in the backcourt, McConnell as the backup? Covington is under contract for the next 4 seasons and is your best defensive guard. And of course there is that rumor that LeBron is coming?
Sixers got the playoff taste and are probably a year ahead of schedule. They may not make the leap to Eastern Conference favorite by next year, but should be up there by 2020 depending on what happens in Boston and Cleveland, with or without the LeBron.
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 05-08-18, 01:55 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,062
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Also, Fultz has been playing basketball for more than 6 weeks. He hasn't been in games, but he's been playing. 14Red is a pathological liar about small, easily verifiable things. So odd.
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 05-08-18, 02:30 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,787
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
In other words he's fragile.




Chronic shoulder injury? You mean forgetting how to shoot a basketball? If he was a player that could hit shots when Simmons drives, there would have been a spot for him.


Sixers got the playoff taste and are probably a year ahead of schedule. They may not make the leap to Eastern Conference favorite by next year, but should be up there by 2020 depending on what happens in Boston and Cleveland, with or without the LeBron.
Major shoulder injury, much different than chronic. Do you see the rest of the Sixers personnel, they have shooters everywhere. Fultz isn't a 3 point shooter, most rookies are not. He will be just fine, what's the rush???

Yes, I'll agree this year has been house money. They were fortunate to add Ilysovia and Bellanelli at the trade deadline and it was great. My guess is neither is here in the fall. Boston and Philly should be battling it out for the top spot in the east for years to come. Possibly Indy if they add some pieces. With Embiid and Simmons, the Sixers can just add what they need each year. Oh and the other guy no one talks about with Philly is Saric. When used properly, he's a matchup nightmare. McConnell got the pub last night, and rightfully so, but Saric may have been the more deserving player of the game last night.
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 05-08-18, 02:38 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,062
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Fultz average 5 three point shots per game and made 41% in his lone year in college but "Fultz isn't a 3 point shooter."
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 05-08-18, 08:35 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,455
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
What you are watching tonight is exactly why Houston has no chance against GS, Utah can play some D but nothing like GS will put on them. I wouldn’t be surprised if GS beats them in 5.
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 05-08-18, 09:12 PM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 3,134
WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Chris Paul just killed it in the last 3 mins. Good for him to finally have a decent playoff performance.
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 05-08-18, 09:25 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,285
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Can anyone understand Shaq at all?
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 05-08-18, 09:31 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,698
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Also, Fultz has been playing basketball for more than 6 weeks. He hasn't been in games, but he's been playing. 14Red is a pathological liar about small, easily verifiable things. So odd.
Troll, moron, or trolling moron ? Tough call.
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 05-08-18, 09:58 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,455
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Can anyone understand Shaq at all?
Crystal clear.
Reply With Quote
  #521  
Old 05-09-18, 07:26 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,062
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
What you are watching tonight is exactly why Houston has no chance against GS, Utah can play some D but nothing like GS will put on them. I wouldn’t be surprised if GS beats them in 5.
Draymond-Capella is heavily in favor of the Warriors too.
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 05-09-18, 11:23 AM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 7,193
arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Five months who could have prdicted that the conference titles would come down to Warriors-Rockets and the Cavs-Celtics. Just about everyone who knew anything about pro basketball.
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 05-09-18, 11:26 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,062
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Five months who could have prdicted that the conference titles would come down to Warriors-Rockets and the Cavs-Celtics. Just about everyone who knew anything about pro basketball.
I'm hoping the 76ers can pull a Lebron and come back from 1-3.
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 05-10-18, 08:12 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,787
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Although the Celtics won the series 3-1, this series was a toss up. The Sixers played very poorly in the last minutes of at least two losses.
That said, this team has gone from 10 to 28 to 52 wins the last 3 seasons and a competitive series in the conference semi-finals.
In Embiid, Simmons and Saric, the team has the foundation for future success. Now it's just development by those three and keeping and adding pieces next season and beyond. A guy to keep an eye on next season will be rookie guard Markelle Fultz. He was slowed by a shoulder injury and only came back the last month of the season. I think his development could move this team over the top. In last night's game, the Celtics took advantage of the Sixers guard defense - Redick, McConnell, Covington. I think Fultz can help there as well as being a guy who can get to the rim.

The major disappointments of this series was Simmons inconsistency, the teams overall 3 point shooting, Marco Bellini and just momentary lapses of judgement and bad turnovers.
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 05-10-18, 08:39 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,285
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
toss-up

Boston was missing it’s top 2, sometimes, top 3 players and still took 4 of 5. Philly has great individual talent, but lacks a closer.
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 05-10-18, 09:03 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,787
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
toss-up

Boston was missing it’s top 2, sometimes, top 3 players and still took 4 of 5. Philly has great individual talent, but lacks a closer.
Very true, but I don't know that Kyrie or Hayward play any better than Jason Tatum does in this series. How many big baskets did that kid have over the 5 games? I'd also add Rozier played at nearly a Kyrie level. And here is where we get sideways with the NBA. In a star driven league, we get blinded by commercials and marketing and we don't "watch" the games. Kyrie and Gordon are great individual players, no doubt, but not irreplaceable.
Major sports media's rallying cry was that the Sixers had the two best players in the series. How? How's that determined? No one can convince me Jayson Tatum isn't as important to the Celtics as Simmons or Embiid are for the Sixers. As great at Embiid was in the series, he shot 27% from the 3 point line, and struggled on defense and conditioning as the series wore on. Ben Simmons didn't show up in game 3.
I thought one thing really missing with Philly in these playoff games was any kind of regular pace. During the regular season, they pushed the ball, shot a bunch of 3's well and basically outscored teams. I thought they didn't push the ball enough vs. the Celtics. Redick, Bellani, Illysovia and even Simmons benefit from a faster pace game. Boston was able to keep the scores in the 90's, 100's, 110's. The Sixers needed games in the 120's or more.

I give Boston credit, they played better and earned the series. I really thought Philly could have won this series.
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 05-10-18, 09:12 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,285
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Tatum is going to be a great player, but obviously adding Irving and Hayward would make the Celtics even better without a doubt.
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 05-10-18, 09:15 AM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,493
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Probably a sweep with Irving and Hayward. Unless Kyree pulls a Westbrook and shoots 35 times.
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 05-10-18, 09:37 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,332
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Probably a sweep with Irving and Hayward. Unless Kyree pulls a Westbrook and shoots 35 times.
Or he plays his typical Ole defense.
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 05-10-18, 09:50 AM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 4,726
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
The Celtics lineup next year is going to be
Horford
Hayward
Tatum
Brown
Irving

with Rozier & Smart off the bench

They also have the possibility of a top 5 pick as they have LA's 1st rounder if it falls between #2-5

It's difficult to believe the 76ers can beat Boston going forward without either Fultz developing into an all-NBA guard, or a major move. Philadelphia will have to decide this offseason whether they go all-in and make a move for another elite player.
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 05-10-18, 09:55 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,062
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Yeah Philly definitely needs a closer. That certainly isn't Simmons. He doesn't have the shot of a Durant or the physicality of a LeBron to muscle his way to the rim for a layup/foul. Embiid just isn't going to be that guy. He doesn't have the game for it. Centers are rarely closers like that. Saric has the same issues that Simmons does. It will need to be Fultz or someone not currently on the roster.
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 05-10-18, 01:42 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,787
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Yeah Philly definitely needs a closer. That certainly isn't Simmons. He doesn't have the shot of a Durant or the physicality of a LeBron to muscle his way to the rim for a layup/foul. Embiid just isn't going to be that guy. He doesn't have the game for it. Centers are rarely closers like that. Saric has the same issues that Simmons does. It will need to be Fultz or someone not currently on the roster.
Way, way to early to make these proclamations... Simmons is just scratching the surface of his career, maybe he gets a few more calls with those drives to the basket like LeBron enjoys as he gets bigger and stronger.

Sixers have a nice nucleus and can now add and subtract each year.
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 05-10-18, 01:47 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,787
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
The Celtics lineup next year is going to be
Horford
Hayward
Tatum
Brown
Irving

with Rozier & Smart off the bench

They also have the possibility of a top 5 pick as they have LA's 1st rounder if it falls between #2-5

It's difficult to believe the 76ers can beat Boston going forward without either Fultz developing into an all-NBA guard, or a major move. Philadelphia will have to decide this offseason whether they go all-in and make a move for another elite player.
Ainge certainly looking like a genius now with the draft picks and constructing the roster. Even with the injuries, they are set for years to come.
The Sixers can match them player for player to a degree where it just become who plays better that day. You could say that - entire package included - Rozier gave the Celtics more in this series than Kyrie could have. Remember, Kyrie isn't a good defender. He an Redick probably would have been a better matchup. Also, does can Rozier give you the same production with less minutes? Is he able to get in a groove playing bench minutes? Smart as well.
I know it's easy to just say the Celtics are going to be so much better with the two injured guys, but it's not always that easy. Could Rozier and Smart want to be starters with other teams and make more money?? Marcus Smart has certainly played himself into a wanted commodity with other teams.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 05-10-18, 01:51 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,062
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Way, way to early to make these proclamations... Simmons is just scratching the surface of his career, maybe he gets a few more calls with those drives to the basket like LeBron enjoys as he gets bigger and stronger.

Sixers have a nice nucleus and can now add and subtract each year.
Kind of like how.....it was way, way too early to claim Lonzo Ball didn't belong in the NBA after one month of play?

Either way, it isn't too early to make that proclamation. Simmons isn't going to put on enough muscle to do that. If he was, he would have started to do that by now. In fact, he has slimmed down since he has made it to the NBA. Entered the draft at 240, NBA.com has him now listed at 230. LeBron is closer to 270.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 05-10-18, 02:24 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,787
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Kind of like how.....it was way, way too early to claim Lonzo Ball didn't belong in the NBA after one month of play?

Either way, it isn't too early to make that proclamation. Simmons isn't going to put on enough muscle to do that. If he was, he would have started to do that by now. In fact, he has slimmed down since he has made it to the NBA. Entered the draft at 240, NBA.com has him now listed at 230. LeBron is closer to 270.
Lonzo will not make it because he's got a 250 lb. ball and chain linked to him. As soon as he loses that, he may have a shot at being a rotational guard in the NBA, nothing more. Fultz is 19 and was injured for 85% of the past season and on a team that frankly didn't need him.

Simmons will fill out, his size is not an issue at all.
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 05-10-18, 02:32 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,062
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Lonzo will not make it because he's got a 250 lb. ball and chain linked to him. As soon as he loses that, he may have a shot at being a rotational guard in the NBA, nothing more. Fultz is 19 and was injured for 85% of the past season and on a team that frankly didn't need him.

Simmons will fill out, his size is not an issue at all.
But that wasn't the reason you said Lonzo won't make it. You said he won't make it because he can't shoot. So you deemed he wasn't fit for the NBA, after a month, because he can't shooter. But somehow I can't make the claim the Embiid and Simmons do not have the games to be closers after 4 and 2 years in the NBA?

He won't fill out much more. He's been in an NBA strength and conditioning program for 2 full years. And I never said his size was an issue. I said he doesn't have the size or physicality to be a LeBron-like closer.
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 05-10-18, 02:40 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 13,755
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Lonzo will not make it because he's got a 250 lb. ball and chain linked to him. As soon as he loses that, he may have a shot at being a rotational guard in the NBA, nothing more. Fultz is 19 and was injured for 85% of the past season and on a team that frankly didn't need him.

Simmons will fill out, his size is not an issue at all.
At this point, I think most people would pick Lonzo over Fultz. How you think any differently based on this season alone shows you're just a big homer (plus your hate for Lonzo's daddy). Like when you said the Sixers/Cletics series was a toss up because the Sixers choked in two close games. By the same token the Raptors-Cavs series was a "toss up" considering the Raptors missed a shot at the buzzer in Game 1 and LeBron hit a buzzer beater for the win in Game 3.
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 05-11-18, 09:26 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,787
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
But that wasn't the reason you said Lonzo won't make it. You said he won't make it because he can't shoot. So you deemed he wasn't fit for the NBA, after a month, because he can't shooter. But somehow I can't make the claim the Embiid and Simmons do not have the games to be closers after 4 and 2 years in the NBA?

He won't fill out much more. He's been in an NBA strength and conditioning program for 2 full years. And I never said his size was an issue. I said he doesn't have the size or physicality to be a LeBron-like closer.
If you are comparing him to LeBron, good luck. There may never be another player like LeBron, combination of size, strength, athleticism and most importantly, durability.
Lonzo can't shoot at an NBA level. He played nearly a full season and he could not shoot. Can he get better, maybe. Fultz is a wild card, he only played a little, and I feel Fultz's game is going to be more about dribble driving, not shooting. I have no idea what Lonzo Ball's strength is. I'd say he's got one more season in LA, if he makes some improvements, they may stick with him, if not, he'll be in Phoenix or Minnesota or Atlanta so he can play. LA doesn't have time for him to develop for 3-4 years.
The nice thing about Simmons is the Sixers are good and can continue to be good without him shooting. That's the great thing, they won 52 games this season and a playoff round and he doesn't shoot outside 10 feet.

I'm not sure what you are watching, this was Embiid's first FULL season, he played 30 games last year, and this was Ben's first season. Where you get 2 and 4 years is beyond me. Just because Embiid was drafted 4 years ago, doesn't count as "experience". I've told you my concerns with Embiid, I worry that he won't be able to reach his potential unless he can somehow train his body to take the rigors of a full season and extended playoff minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 05-11-18, 09:34 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,285
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Ball finished 10/7/7 this year. I’d say he evolves into a very good nba player. I mean, I don’t like his dad either, but you have to be honest that the kid has talent and a lot of upside.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 05-11-18, 09:47 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,062
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
If you are comparing him to LeBron, good luck. There may never be another player like LeBron, combination of size, strength, athleticism and most importantly, durability.
Lonzo can't shoot at an NBA level. He played nearly a full season and he could not shoot. Can he get better, maybe. Fultz is a wild card, he only played a little, and I feel Fultz's game is going to be more about dribble driving, not shooting. I have no idea what Lonzo Ball's strength is. I'd say he's got one more season in LA, if he makes some improvements, they may stick with him, if not, he'll be in Phoenix or Minnesota or Atlanta so he can play. LA doesn't have time for him to develop for 3-4 years.
The nice thing about Simmons is the Sixers are good and can continue to be good without him shooting. That's the great thing, they won 52 games this season and a playoff round and he doesn't shoot outside 10 feet.

I'm not sure what you are watching, this was Embiid's first FULL season, he played 30 games last year, and this was Ben's first season. Where you get 2 and 4 years is beyond me. Just because Embiid was drafted 4 years ago, doesn't count as "experience". I've told you my concerns with Embiid, I worry that he won't be able to reach his potential unless he can somehow train his body to take the rigors of a full season and extended playoff minutes.
Again, I guess I have to repost my original post since you're too stupid to remember what was said. I said he doesn't have the size or physicality to get to the rim like LeBron does. If you think that is the entirely of LeBron's game, you're dumber than I originally gave you credit for.

This has been told to you a million times: there are other aspects of the game than shooting. Tony Allen carved out a 14 year career without being able to shoot. And Lonzo is a significantly better passer, playmaker and rebounder than Tony Allen ever was. Jason Kidd couldn't shoot an an NBA level when he was drafted. Now he's one of the best 3pt shooters of all time. Lonzo will likely never reach that, but he can improve his shooting. And that doesn't change the fact you said all of this after one month. Which is exactly how many games Markelle Fultz has played, one month's worth.

When did I ever say Embiid played a full season before this year? I get 2 and 4 because that's how long they've been in the league. That's how many years of NBA practices, conditioning, strength training etc. How you can say that isn't experience is beyond me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva One Who Knows General Board 6551 09-19-18 11:11 AM
The future of AAU and college basketball hvs1717 Boys Basketball 17 03-21-18 09:03 PM
What changes would you make to the NFL, NBA, and/or MLB? Yappi General Board 92 02-07-18 11:20 AM
Luke Kennard--NBA Draft 2017 borntopin Boys Basketball 24 10-20-17 03:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz