Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-05-18, 06:35 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
What a shot to force OT by Marco Belinelli. The moment looks too big for Simmons, but not Belinelli.

I'd really rather see Boston, as a Cavs fan.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-18, 06:55 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Wow Philly, so much for being favored by so many for coming out of the East.
Old 05-05-18, 06:59 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
What a shot to force OT by Marco Belinelli. The moment looks too big for Simmons, but not Belinelli.

Agree the Cavs matchup better with Boston.
Old 05-05-18, 11:58 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Philly is overrated. That said I hope they find a way to extend the series...Cavs could use the prep/rest time.
Old 05-06-18, 12:46 AM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Philly is overrated. That said I hope they find a way to extend the series...Cavs could use the prep/rest time.
The earliest the conf finals would start would be the 13th so if the Cavs can wrap it up Monday night they will have at least 5 full days of rest.
Old 05-06-18, 07:19 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
They're just too young to seize the moment. It's remarkable they've been so good this year but teams this young typically take their lumps in the playoffs. There is also a coaching mismatch going on
Old 05-06-18, 07:21 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Oh yeah, I'll take playing a Kyrie-less Boston over Philly any day
Old 05-06-18, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Oh yeah, I'll take playing a Kyrie-less Boston over Philly any day
Right now, his absence is quite a void.

Watching Rozier lately, though, I have to wonder if Kyrie's historical fragility is going to make his expiring contract the most attractive feature to Ainge. I think it's a distinct possibility that Ainge pushes hard to extend his quality youth contracts, gets what he can out of Kyrie next year, and shops his expiring contract the next. He's an expensive part-time player with less than stellar D, although Stephens can likely cover for him with scheme.

Thoughts, Taco ?
Old 05-07-18, 07:21 AM
All Yappi

Dubs and Rockets both up 3-1, Cavs and Celts both up 3-0. Things are shaping up the way the universe intended. Houston-Golden State in particular is the one we've been waiting to see all year. Hopefully it is awesome
Old 05-07-18, 07:23 AM
All Yappi

Cavs fans will be happy to know that Jae Crowder was 1-11 from the field last night for Utah.

Also, Rudy Gobert was a MINUS 27
Old 05-07-18, 11:04 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
They're just too young to seize the moment. It's remarkable they've been so good this year but teams this young typically take their lumps in the playoffs. There is also a coaching mismatch going on
As they say, the playoffs is a whole different animal, and the Sixers are finding that out. And don't think the home court didn't mean anything. I'd imagine if the Sixers could have had the first two at home, the series would be different. Boston has got comfortable, the Sixers are on their heels. Two games have been decided in the last minute, so it's not like the Celtics are dominating the series. The Sixers are learning each game.
Old 05-07-18, 02:28 PM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
The Sixers have some incredible young talent and some HUGE flaws.
- I love Embiid's talent and game but he is fragile
- I love Simmon's vision, passing, all around game, but he is a long way from being an average jump shooter.
- Fultz may or may not be a bust, big problem with his jump shot.
- Reddick can shoot of course, but that's all he can do

Let's face it, at crunch time the last game these 7 got all the minutes: Embiid, Simmons, McConnell, Bellinelli, Saric, Ilyasova, Redick.

With Simmons inbounding the ball at critical times, all of the other players are too slow/unathletic to get open; could not get separation from the Celtic defenders. That will never work. Need better athletes...
Old 05-07-18, 03:19 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
As they say, the playoffs is a whole different animal, and the Sixers are finding that out. And don't think the home court didn't mean anything. I'd imagine if the Sixers could have had the first two at home, the series would be different.
I'd imagine if Simmons could hit a shot over 4 feet out they would have won a game by now.
Old 05-07-18, 03:55 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
- I love Simmon's vision, passing, all around game, but he is a long way from being an average jump shooter.

Let's face it, at crunch time the last game these 7 got all the minutes: Embiid, Simmons, McConnell, Bellinelli, Saric, Ilyasova, Redick.

With Simmons inbounding the ball at critical times, all of the other players are too slow/unathletic to get open; could not get separation from the Celtic defenders. That will never work. Need better athletes...
I'm not sure how much athleticism means in in-bounding the ball. The Sixers just used some horrible judgement in their decisions. I won't say there should have been a foul, but Horford ran through Embiid on the last inbounds Saturday, a foul could had been called and no one could complain. That said, Simmons, Saric, Embiid, are all only going to get better moving forward. My guess is Markelle Fultz will get every opportunity to become the first pick overall that he is.
I'm disappointed in how this series has gone, but I'm very pleased with how this season has shaped up for Philly. The sky is the limit with this team.
Old 05-07-18, 03:59 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post

I wouldn't say Embiid is fragile, I'm just worried he's never going to be able to get into maximum shape because he can't train properly.

Simmons doesn't really need a jump shot to be effective.

The story is way, way too early on Fultz. The last month of the regular season, the kid played pretty well. I think he'll be just fine.

And you may disagree, but I feel JJ Redick is the team's MVP this season. Yes, only partially due to his scoring and shooting, but his leadership and work ethic for this young team has been superb. He's on a one year deal with the Sixers, and I can't imagine they don't bring him back for next season or maybe even a multi year deal.
Old 05-07-18, 04:52 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Imagine how incredible Philly would be set up if they'd just stayed at #3, kept their picks, and taken Tatum.
Old 05-07-18, 08:51 PM
All Yappi

That's exactly what they would have done if they wouldn't have fired Hinkie
Old 05-08-18, 04:23 AM
All Yappi

StanVan: OUT!

Where will he land ? Is he done coaching ?
Old 05-08-18, 06:43 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
I'm not sure how much athleticism means in in-bounding the ball. The Sixers just used some horrible judgement in their decisions. I won't say there should have been a foul, but Horford ran through Embiid on the last inbounds Saturday, a foul could had been called and no one could complain. That said, Simmons, Saric, Embiid, are all only going to get better moving forward. My guess is Markelle Fultz will get every opportunity to become the first pick overall that he is.
I'm disappointed in how this series has gone, but I'm very pleased with how this season has shaped up for Philly. The sky is the limit with this team.
He explained it in the post you quoted. Did you not read the post you quoted?
Old 05-08-18, 06:45 AM
All World

Quote:
StanVan: OUT!

Where will he land ? Is he done coaching ?
If this were another league, I'd say he's done. But moreso than any other sport, NBA gets a bunch of rehires instead of finding new blood. So I wouldn't be shocked if he finds another job, not that anything he did in Detroit is deserving of another HC job
Old 05-08-18, 06:51 AM
All World

Quote:
I wouldn't say Embiid is fragile, I'm just worried he's never going to be able to get into maximum shape because he can't train properly.

The story is way, way too early on Fultz. The last month of the regular season, the kid played pretty well. I think he'll be just fine.

And you may disagree, but I feel JJ Redick is the team's MVP this season. Yes, only partially due to his scoring and shooting, but his leadership and work ethic for this young team has been superb. He's on a one year deal with the Sixers, and I can't imagine they don't bring him back for next season or maybe even a multi year deal.
This is his 4th season and he wasn't even played in 100 games regular season games. 94 games to be exact. On the flip side, he's sat out 234 regular season games. But yeah, no he's not fragile.

Of course not, but if he wants to give the 76ers a chance at winning a title, he's going to have to learn how to no be absolute dog crap at shooting. I understand he's abnormally tall for a PG at 6'10, but he's attempted less than 25 3pt shots in his entire professional and collegiate career combined. Good for him not taking shots he knows he can't make but that's a serious concern in today's NBA where spacing and 3pt shooting is key.

The story is way, way too early on Fultz but a month into the NBA Lonzo Ball is a total bust and doesn't belong in the NBA season?

I don't entirely disagree with your last point. It's the only semi-rational thing you said in this post.
Old 05-08-18, 07:37 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually Boston is the limit with this team.
Old 05-08-18, 07:59 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Imagine how incredible Philly would be set up if they'd just stayed at #3, kept their picks, and taken Tatum.
Don't remind me...
Old 05-08-18, 08:00 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
He explained it in the post you quoted. Did you not read the post you quoted?
Have a nice day Taco...
Old 05-08-18, 08:07 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
14red
Old 05-08-18, 09:04 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
His new thing is saying "have a nice day" when he realizes he's been caught contradicting himself.
Old 05-08-18, 09:06 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Old 05-08-18, 09:21 AM
All World

what an idiot. Love that he didn't touch the Fultz-Ball bust comment.
Old 05-08-18, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

Even he knows it’s completely irrational.
Old 05-08-18, 12:17 PM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Classic stuff here. Must have been sick the day they taught basketball 101.

Quote:
Why can't he get into shape and train properly? Oh yeah, injuries. FRAGILE.

Quote:
Everyone needs a jump shot to be an above average player. If they don't respect his shot, he won't be able to penetrate effectively, and passing lanes get clogged.

Quote:
Why was he on the bench in crunch time? He can't shoot a jump shot.