Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-01-17, 04:05 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Quite a passionate post by Scrumper . I hear you , I think the crux of the matter is parents are more involved in the kids activities to a fault and sometimes it's THEIR dreams or thoughts that carry the day. Kids are kids they usually want to please the parent , so they sometimes go along to make the parent happy .

You see kids grow up in a community go to school K-8 , 9 , 10 or even 11 and BOOM go to a rival school because some kid gets in their ear or the parent thinks or wants the kid to go somewhere for usually a misguided reason .

You'll get more touches, your team will win a few more games , I know the coach a little better than this coach , WE { See what I did there, WE} will get more attention and press so the kid is uprooted often where he is generally happy and it's a good situation to go to what they think is a better situation , usually all things considered ? Not a better move and it did nothing to better your situation and sometimes academically because of the new start new school and sometimes less academically speaking you take a step backwards in that regard which for all but a tiny handful is the most important thing in a school, the academic rigor that is the atmosphere of kids working to achieve academically .

It rubs off of on you , in a lesser academic atmosphere that also rubs off on you , you see others not caring , so you don't , after all you have a scholly? may be?

I see it all the time, very little commitment to a team a community etc., it' s about the individual , it is pervasive . It used to be to most of us adults that we cared deeply how our teammates felt about us, actually felt that we didn't want to let them down .

Sounds really corny , feels corny typing it but it was a really prevalent a time ago , getting increasingly longer ago unfortunately . It isn't extinct , as Scrump said there are tons of kids who feel a real pride in getting out on the field and getting after at, even if banged up . My daughter came back 10-14 days early than first thought and was cleared by one of the prominent orthopedic DR's in the area , it hurt to kick a soccer ball , but she wasn't going to do further damage so she gave it a go , team lost in the state final , she played for a bit until she couldn't anymore , didn't pressure didn't prod, but SHE felt a pull to get back and help the team .

It isn't in every kid , or they are going to just do what their parents tell them , or move where the parent says whatever that is .

Almost no loyalty, the grass is always greener move around chasing what? Attention , a high school Ring? really? SR'S leaving community's the grew up in to go paly with a few kids they know from the recruiting camp circuit and go to school with strangers for a year or two in a community they aren't immersed in ? Really ? Some of these kids already have scholly's and they leave perfectly good situations with good friends and tremendous communities to go where? Where a few more D-1 recruits go to play together?

This post isn't about any one kid , trust me it's pervasive dozens of examples and increasing every year, kids grow up in one community and then transfer to a rival school ? Would have been a mortal teen sin , you never even thought of those things , parents would never just move their family around so one of their kids could go to what they thought was a better situation to get some kid of chased glory or attention.

This train has left the depot and ain't coming back , it's only gaining steam , playing for something bigger than yourself and your teammates and a community is a quaint outdated old fashioned concept , only the minority of talented kids feel this , the majority think differently . Injury's are a tricky thing, a lot of mental gymnastics are involved, but in the end it's all about what motivates you ? Is it pleasing and or following what your parents say even if misguided ? Or are you motivated to playing the game excelling and being part of a team ? Winning and losing with your brothers, having their back and them having yours ? That look you give each other in the huddle when you have to make a play and you al rely on each other to do your job ?

Do you play for that camaraderie ? That bond? The really good competition ? The awesome feeling that you get when you know you put it out there on the line and you did it with OTHERS your teammates , the guys you laugh with , eat with , practice in 90 degree heat and humidity in two a days ? Hang out with , cry with after a tough play-off loss ? And you did with this guys you cared about got to know well, bonded with on some level?

Some play for what the game can do for them which is important as well , but if it is only for that , you are missing out on the best things about being part of a team and a community

Last edited by Harrycrane; 10-01-17 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-01-17, 05:31 PM
All World

You know to finish my thoughts up to Scrump's impassioned post I left out a huge dynamic to this whole desire to play , what people play for what motivates them to come back and want to play and be part of a team etc.

The bottom line what motivates most players is BEING ON THE FIELD, Most coaches will tell you the thing that kicks kids into gear and motivates them is the fear of losing your job , PLAYING TIME . Whether a kid has feeling for the community or even his teammates , MOST good players simply LOVE KICKING AZZ on the field, making plays competing , BEATING PEOPLE , WINNING. That alone is what drives many good player to getting back on the field , IT KILLS THEM TO WATCH ,

If you don't have that most basic and primal of thoughts and attitude , the attitude of AN ATHLETE , and you don' t mind standing around and watching then well you aren't gong to go that far no matter how talented , you just aren't , it's always been this way, it's upstairs , not your legs , not your torso , it's your heart . your competitive desire,

YOUR ATTITUDE that sets the great ones apart from the mere talented ones . The great ones have a hunger to want to show their stuff, simply get on the field do their thing and kick AZZ PERIOD , if you don't have that desire you are going to get the least amount out of your ability . I think this is the crux of what Scrump has said
Old 10-01-17, 06:18 PM
Varsity

Scrumper is on a distinguished road
What he said. Good job Stivic. I'm not nearly as gifted a writer.
Old 10-02-17, 08:18 AM
Varsity

This week playing Central crossing would be an excellent week to switch Bas from Ernst to Brown. This is not a switch because of bad play by Ernst, but to improve the receiver play. The net improvement at WR is more than the loss at QB. Think about it, our QB is handing off what 75% of the time. Running a keeper a few times a game, and throwing the rest. Brown has a strong arm, and is better built to run more often. Ernst has some of the best hands on the team. The WRs immediately get an improvement until Drennan decides to play. Also McElroy will be back this week to practice,and week after to game. So, if Brown can handle the duties this week in a ragu kind of game, he .at get the nod for Davidson.
Old 10-02-17, 08:55 AM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumper View Post
This week playing Central crossing would be an excellent week to switch Bas from Ernst to Brown. This is not a switch because of bad play by Ernst, but to improve the receiver play. The net improvement at WR is more than the loss at QB. Think about it, our QB is handing off what 75% of the time. Running a keeper a few times a game, and throwing the rest. Brown has a strong arm, and is better built to run more often. Ernst has some of the best hands on the team. The WRs immediately get an improvement until Drennan decides to play. Also McElroy will be back this week to practice,and week after to game. So, if Brown can handle the duties this week in a ragu kind of game, he .at get the nod for Davidson.
I would like to see us return to the air attack dominance like when we had the Stoudt boys. I know you have to have the talent first, let's find it then.
Old 10-02-17, 11:20 AM
Varsity

No QB in the pipe for the next 3 years that can do that. So the air show will have to wait.

The run attack is alive, but must find some way to counter the blitzing Lbs. Must give the QB an option to throw the ball.
Old 10-02-17, 12:50 PM
All World

Soph Yousey has a nice arm needs refinement . Brown hopefully get some reps at QB the last month here and hopefully longer. I think he has good potential to do very good things next year if not sooner.

I also think depending on the work they do and the dedication and focus they exhibit during the off season , next years O- line has a chance to be very good.
Old 10-02-17, 05:17 PM
All World

I agree with Scrump but may be it's too late to change ? I think Coaches thought wide receiver situation would be better earlier but nothing has changed , so they may be stuck but I still think they can make that move , in two weeks if Ernst goes to slot NOW and gets the rust off and McElroy comes back for Davidson and Brown to QB with a ton of reps that is an improvement IMO.

The switch has to take place NOW though and it 99.9 percent WON'T take place, so the best we can hope for is improvement week to week from current receivers , McElroy to help out and Marcus to improve accuracy . The other source of improvement isn't going to happen IMO , so no use talking about it . You play with who wants to play PERIOD and move on .

But the run game is affected by the lack of a deep threat which the team has on it's roster but isn't going to be on the field for whatever reasons .

So to me it's Brown gets crash course, tons of practice reps, Marcus goes to slot and works his AZZZ off as you know he will and makes plays like he did last year when he played there. I concur with Scrump the QB change isn't a reflection on Ersnt , it's just that with the current players available or willing to play you need him at slot .

Brown can get the ball to him and the other current guys can make strides in the next month and also running backs and H-Back can be more incorporated in the offense as well ? Good game to try some things out no question , not that CC won't fight and play better than they did last week but Rocks should be able to with focus and improvement handle this game well .

Rocks have about 25 percent of their play book I would guess not used yet , , sprinkle some more in and get it ready for Davidson and UA because you will need it, the defense I feel will be just fine the rest of the regular season but the offense needs to pick it up a bit as most know in order to get to week 11 but also if they want to win a play-off game or two
Old 10-02-17, 06:03 PM
All World

Was having a conversation about a year ago with a guy whose name I won't mention but most out here have heard of concerning the nature of college recruiting .

Of course certain speed, Physical measureables , size strength etc. is really important and is rightly or wrongly pretty much the sole basis for offering a certain kid. I have mentioned a bunch of times how a player like Griffin Hoak hasn't gotten even one MAC offer which I find ludicrous. Watching him play ballz out EVERY play , in the right spots making plays , setting the defense it is curious to me that he doesn't have that type of offer.

The scout I talked to has agreed about Griffin and thinks that schools have missed the boat , depending a bit too much solely on a time clock . Undersized , underspeed if you will walk on's make teams and start all the time in D-1 . Kids with more fluid hips and a bit more speed but with less leadership qualities , heart , work ethic , toughness and character get offered all the time and eventually fall by the way side .

Kids need to realize that coaches and scouts look for things other than just your 40 time and your dazzling moves or great size and strength . They want to see if you are a good teammate , do you work hard consistently . Are you coachable?

Are you selfish ? Are you really competitive ? How hard will you work to improve or get back on the field from injury ? Will you quit when the going gets tough ?

Will you quit on your teammates ? Even if talented to get offered with a lack of the aforementioned qualities , quitting being a bad teammate not caring about your teammates is a STAIN that never goes away. the coaches know you quit in High school and wonder if you will quit again ? It will give them pause ? What was that all about ?

Can we trust he won't do this in college? Rationalizing certain behaviors isn't something coaches do , they don't care about how you rationalize it, they just know that you did it . It's like a grape juice or red wine stain on a white carpet in their mind , IT NEVER GOES AWAY , it may fade but it never really comes out of the rug or their mind .

Character matters quitting and laying down matters to them ,, they will know and never forget it .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 10-02-17 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-03-17, 09:52 AM
All World

When Coffman supporters talk about the passing game needing some improvement , it's not about just wanting to see more throwing or excitement , but rather to be balanced and tougher to defend . The run game will and does suffer when the threat of the pass is diminished . Obviously Davidson among other have had success without the threat of the pass, but in Coffman's scheme and system and in most systems it's a dynamic that you need to develop at least somewhat .

A productive throwing game or even just a efficient keep you honest one , is not just a story of the QB'S arm and receivers shake and speed . It's more intricate than that. It's a by product of a run game that keeps LB'S honest and an offensive line that gives the QB more time to throw and space to see , and gives the receivers a chance for occasional double moves or just to complete the route .

What we have seen a lot is Ernst dropping into the pocket to throw and almost instantly needs to move outside the pocket darting right or left to get around a guy who is in the backfield in a second . This is why I thought Holcomb was a good candidate for left tackle , this would cut down on this . Ernst having to move really quickly to avoid a guy or two takes his eyes off of his receivers , disrupts the timing of the routes , by the time he escapes and sees where his receivers are it's too late .

So it is a case of the other 10 guys doing their jobs so that the QB can play the occasional game of catch with his receivers. This being said there has bene designed roll outs that are set up for success where the passes aren't accurate or the receivers don't make good plays on the ball .

Some inexperience is a cause of these symptoms of passing failure, but execution and some personnel changes can help .

Of course Hoak was a gifted thrower , but one of the keys to his great success in 2014 was up front, clear pocket , time to pick out receivers and a clear path and pocket to throw in . 2015 is receivers and line was less experienced so his numbers went down but he was just as good if not a better QB.

There is 4 full games and the play-offs to go here, they have to go 7-3 to make the play-offs which is more than doable and expected , but some tweaks , focused play and execution , may be a personnel tweak or two and possibly some injured talented guys coming back soon = a good chance to peak at the right time before play-off time ?

This week and next week of practice is HUGE a push for the play-offs time, improvement time , grind time , a few good lifts each week , improve timing on offense , get a good defense even better , with may be a tweak or two yourselves in the next week or so? This time of year is what separates the man and the boys , grind through some pain , fight fatigue and mental lapses as the season wears on you a bit DON'T NEGLECT AT LEAST SOME CONDITIONING WORK fight through injuries and discomfort. How is it that you want to be remembered is a common refrain as many{ Seniors} are sensing their high school football mortality .

Great weather this week to get some things done and corrected GO ROCKS
Old 10-03-17, 11:18 AM
Freshman

KidShamrock is on a distinguished road
Overall, I feel good about Rocks chances of making playoffs this year. Region 2 looks like a much easier play again this year than Region 3 for OCC qualifiers.

My feeling for Top 8 in R2:

1.) Whitmer
2.) Orange
3.) Olentangy
4.) Lorain
5.) Rocks
6.) Jerome
7.) Gahanna
8.) Findlay

Not much to base off of as I have only seen Gahanna come here. Good team, but heard Lowry (QB) was out which could set them back a few games.

Gotta think Whitmer and Orange will win out. Think Orange nips Olentangy this week.

Rocks should win out. See Jerome dropping to Bradley and Findlay maybe one or two.
Old 10-03-17, 11:40 AM
All World

Welcome Kid, two posts good work. Orange wins out If they win this week , not sure they do though, I would take Tangy in a close one. Whitmer seems like an undefeated team. Jerome has won the close ones , luck of the Celtics it seems lately , Rocks could be 8-2 and not get a home game? Crappy years by a few early opponents harbined them a bit .

Rocks will make the play-offs, they beat Davidson 4 out of 5 times lets hope they don't lay an egg and even if they lose again in the regular season to the Cats they will beat UA to get in I believe . They should win out though to be honest , and hopefully get the 4 seed and a home game , going to Lorain isn't desirable but I think they win that one if it comes to that . Whitmer then would be round two, and that would be tough no question but if healthy, and clicking on the available cylinders , they could steal one there.

Last edited by Harrycrane; 10-03-17 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-03-17, 01:08 PM
Varsity

I like the idea that Tangy drops 2. One to orange and one to liberty so that liberty slips in at 8tb. Then Tangy drops to 4th. Leaving Gahana in 5th, and Celts at 6th, with Lorain in 7th. And the Rocks in 3rd. I know it won't happen that way but what the heck.

1 Whitmer
2 Orange
3 Coffman
4Tangy
5 Gahana
6 Jerome
7 Lorain
8 Liberty

Now that ending I like best.
Old 10-03-17, 01:39 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
going to Lorain isn't desirable
On multiple levels.
Old 10-03-17, 01:43 PM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=
they beat Davidson 4 out of 5 times [/QUOTE]

3 out of 5

2014 DC won both the regular season and playoff game
2015 HD won
2016 HD won the regular season game. DC won the playoff game
Old 10-03-17, 01:47 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Alum View Post
3 out of 5

2014 DC won both the regular season and playoff game
2015 HD won
2016 HD won the regular season game. DC won the playoff game
I think he was saying if this year's teams were to play (hypothetically) 5 times, that Coffman would win 4 of them.

As to Scrump's post, I can't see any scenario by which Coffman gets as high as #3. I know Pasteur says it is mathematically feasible, but not very practical. I think they will be too Harbin starved.

A week 11 matchup vs. Jerome would be a lot of fun though.
Old 10-03-17, 03:07 PM
All World

Yes this years team make-up I believe Coffman is better and would win a majority of meetings{ 4 of 5} , I also thought that they would win last year's regular season game but didn't , they atoned in excellent fashion in the re-match in the play-offs but there is no chance for that this year so they better win the reg. season game. They need a lot of luck to get more than a 4 seed even if they win out, again there is a great possibility that they gain very little by going 8-2 over 7-3 .

Best case is really to win out , win the first game and play a quality program like Whitmer who may be undefeated hopefully you are healthy and playing well go to a neutral and take a shot and see what happens . Win or lose playing an undefeated team in week 12 wouldn't suk.
Old 10-03-17, 03:11 PM
All World

LF is that your way of saying that Lorain didn't show up in the recent Money magazine 'Best Places to live " list??
Old 10-03-17, 03:34 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
LF is that your way of saying that Lorain didn't show up in the recent Money magazine 'Best Places to live " list??
Let me just say that there is a great chance that there is one of those 'All American City" shields at the major entry points to the city. Generally a sure fire sign that you are entering a hell hole. Sort of like the paradox that Chris Rock noted when talking about getting lost on any of the MLK Boulevards....
Old 10-03-17, 03:49 PM
All World

Yes , good point , enter coming onto any MLK BLVD into the " Things that make you go " HMMMM File
Old 10-03-17, 10:34 PM
Freshman

Gary86 is on a distinguished road
Friday Game

Hello Coffman Fans. We (Central Crossing) are going to have homemade Meatball Subs at the Concession Stand this Friday. So stop by and pick one up!! See you Friday!
Old 10-04-17, 07:28 AM
All World

That sounds great thanks for sharing Gary , is it homecoming there? Back on the other site we used to have the Bossman Pick em and I wrote a few sentences about the games and included the Pasteur line most of the time , We have no contest anymore but I included a handful of opinions about how I think the games will go including scores.

Last week I had some good calls and some games that got out of hand that I didn't think would go that way. PN throttled R-Burg , thought a Two TD margin became a huge one and obviously PC came to play and hammered Gahanna literally as players were physically hurt for Gahanna , including Lowery who went down as the score got to 14-0 early with a short field after the game starting TD on the opening kick-off.

Davidson was going to win the game vs CC but 40-0 ? They hadn't shown that capability previously, are they going to keep their streak of victories over UA alive this week? Louie P has them as the favorite over the Bears .

Liberty blew a huge lead and then won a the end over snakebitten Westy C . Olentangy cruised , Coffman wore down two way playing M-Ville in the 4th quarter in as ugly a game as I remember seeing in a while .

This week I will make the same predictions but will make like Louie P is my man, who is taking my action as he sits in a small apartment above the Italian bakery in the North End of town , chewing on a cannoli chased down with a few ounces of Campari . Louie's numbers may be as sharp as he wants them just yet . we'll see how I do . Will I be collecting a heavy envelope from Geno on Tuesday at the Trattoria , or slinking over to the Bocce court to pay Big Sal ?

Worthington Kilbourne at Dublin Sawmill - Pasteur line DS - 1

Battle of Hard Road as they call it . Kind of a quirky area really. You have everything off of that street including a kind of confusing what school district are in in what is your address say and where do you send your taxes? Many moons ago was looking for a house off of Hard Road, Realtor said this house is " Worthington Schools Dublin Address and Columbus taxes " HMMM confused me I must say as a new resident of the area , I had either lives in the City or a suburb where the name of the place correlated more closely with the other two factors. " Win Win" I was told which to me meant absolutely nothing at the time didn't end buying that house . Well life is simpler now it's now Dub Ad Dub sch Dub tax for this household .

Anyway there is a football game to be played , My Kilbourne friend tells me that WK is banged up in certain areas that will hurt them on Friday, as far as I know there is no insider trading laws concerning going against the Louie Line which is faulty, Scioto rolls here I believe and laying only one point is like buying a Steak Kosar at Hyde Park for about 15 bucks. Scioto RR 31 Worthington Schools Dub address Columbus tax area 16

Lewis Center Olentangy orange at Lewis Center Olentangy - LP Line OO - 2

Both schools are in Lewis Center? Also kind of confusing area at times knowing where you are . Lewis Center Taxes or Columbus? Orange Township is within Lewis Center? Well this is the battle of Lewis Center , bragging rights within this Burg and many Harbins will be at stake. To me Tangy is more battle tested , and ahs a slightly more complete balanced team, I think the key is as good as OO defense is , the Tangy defense here which I think will really limit Orange output . The X factor is making OO drive the field , if not short fields I think the Tangy defense shines . I will grab the two point head start and say Braves 16 Pioneers 10

Davidson at Upper Arlington LP line HD - 3

It's an NFL line , what we will see from Davidson of course is as far away from the NFL game as humanely possible , unless there is any single Wing teams left in this century that is . UA seems to find ways to not win when they are as good as Davidson and gets pounded once in a while as while when there is a slight disparity . Davidson going for nine straight ? UA still has a chance at the play-offs IF they win out and even then there is a 15 percent chance they still don't get in. This is a play-off game for them . Davidson is out of the play-offs { OK 1 Percent chance , in other words about as much chance as Trump not bragging about something or attacking someone or something for a whole week} their motivation ? they simply enjoy kicking sand in UA'S face every year . White seems to be able to really motivate his kids to want to pound this team .

if Cutler can't get his team up for this one and or beat this team in this year , then when ? I have little confidence in UA when they play this program , but fundamentally{ Handicapping parlance not fundamentally more sound } UA is better this year so Davidson's 9 year play-off streak has come to an end , so may be UA futility vs HD comes to an end as well ? I'll grab the 3 points UA 17- HD13

Lenkuster at Pick Central - LP line PC - 19

Hmm , this one seems too easy doesn't it ? Of course PC is in the middle of a Gahanna - Pick North sandwich this week. All jacked up last week vs Gahanna , like a Lion starved for a few weeks going hunting ?? OK Gahanna is the Lions bad animal to use . Anyway they have a huge hunt next week vs Pick North , Are they really going to be excited about this one ? Not really . Will it matter and keep this one closer than 19? NO . Talent gap is too vast here . PC 38 Gaels 11

Darby at YOTW LP line HD - 5

YOTW it was said week sago was a lock for the play-offs , that was until they somehow lost to Kilbourne{ Kicking issues got them } then al bets were off . I suspected that play-offs was a stretch even with the incredible improvement in just one year .

Darby needs to win out to avoid not making the play-offs for the second straight year after a nice run of success . Even if they win out it's coin flip odds to gain entry to week 11. No it won't be a few coaches meeting at some diner in the middle of tumble weeds in Texas flipping their favorite coins hoping their coin doesn't land on a side the other two doesn't . Always wondered what the thought process was in Texas and that Friday night lights scenario ? Would the book have been as successful if Permian coach Gary Gaines coin had hit a hash brown crumb on the floor and landed differently? The story ends there? NO play-offs ? NO Dallas Carter chapter ? OK I am way off track here as usual but if you can you should catch that ESPN 30 for 30 'What Carter Lost " segment you should , a story like nothing we have ever seen.

Can YOTW possibly be emotionally sound after another excruciating loss last week to Dub Muirfield ? and THREE straight defeats? This isn't Darby's finest edition by any stretch, but they should win here , YOTW emotional gas tank is on E right now, YOTW may need Kramer and that hapless salesman at the wheel with that gas gauge reading , We'll lay the 5 points with a small smattering of confidence close call

Darby 24 YOTW 17

To be Continued
Old 10-04-17, 12:15 PM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
We (Dublin) only really have one game competitive game left this regular season and I don't believe Hilliard has the talent to win it this year. 31-10 Coffman

Central Crossing and Westland should be romps. Coffman by 40 in both games.

UA each year seemed to be a rivalry. Last year we nearly got spanked, but made adjustments and pulled out the win. This year's UA team doesn't seem to have the weapons to make it a rivalry game. 35-10 Coffman.

This takes us into the playoffs most likely, who do we get?
Old 10-04-17, 12:40 PM
All World

I love your passion guy, BUT they aren't beating Davidson by 21 or UA by 25 , they just aren't . UA -Coffman is ALWAYS CLOSE , the last time it wasn't was 2010 with Stoudt at QB winning 27-9 , other than that a few possessions or closer some razor close last possessions last few plays .

Davidson will make the Coffman game out to be their 2017 Holy War , trust me Davidson hates Coffman much more than the converse , Coffman doesn't like Davidson , but Davidson REALLY doesn't like as in hates Coffman. White wants someone to pay for his season and lack of success and a paly-off berth. the only way is to beat UA this week and Coffman next week . .

Davidson knows Coffman better than anyone , and they may not have enough to win this year because their offense when going against good defenses has had real trouble , but they won't give up 31 that is for sure . Coffman is better but this is a intense rivalry and the game will be ugly so no big margin

I also think they are better than UA but this game is always close, I'll take a 1- 7 point win and be happy
Old 10-04-17, 01:22 PM
Varsity

I would prefer 10 plus point lead at half time, so that that half time meal does not give heart burn. And winning by 17, so that I can watch the score board of other games.

HC is right, both Davidson and UA will be battles. Davidson and Coffman really hate one another. It will be HDs Superbowl. If HD does not go to the air, they will not win. Coffman's offense may have some surprises, but without all weapons, we come in at 20 to 24pts.

I really don't have a feel for US. Up and down team. And against tougher teams, they don't put 28 on our defense. And that's about what we should realistically can grind out on the ground.
Old 10-05-17, 05:45 PM
All World

Good post Scrump , these rivalry games are tricky no doubt and make no mistake UA think s this is their top rivalry ,Coffman thinks of Davidson as their top rivalry obviously. But UA is a good solid rivalry , and in these games some weird things can happen as in the lesser team can win or hang in better than may be they should be expected to .

Without all weapons ? What could you mean Scrump ? is there an injury I don't know about ? Or did someone quit the team ? What I do know is quitting the team is always a big hit with College coaches , it shows a real desire to crap on your teammates and save yourself for college they love warriors who don't mind sitting and watching avoiding competition .
Old 10-05-17, 07:58 PM
Varsity

While I don't think Game is a scrimmage, it is close. I think Coffman uses this game as a tune up for Davidson. We get a WR McLeroy back this week. What other surprises that are out there, we shall see. Probably give Davidson some new looks to prepare for. Would love to see Brown lined up as tail back, and have Marcus go in motion, and have brown rush toward lb that just left to cover Marcus. Good old playground stuff.

Put these guys away early. Execute, do your job, and get home. Hopefully,HD and UA beat the tar out of each other this week. Hard to get up for two games in a row. But, if anyone can , HD will. At least we will not have to play in the sand box next week.
Old 10-05-17, 08:35 PM
All District

uncle_rico is an unknown quantity at this point
Is Drennen out for the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-17, 03:21 AM
All World

He hasn't decided yet, seeing what his contract says
Old 10-06-17, 03:52 AM
All World

Week 7 Cont

Westy C at Westy North - LP Line WC - 10

Another NFL line . is this a rivalry ? Not sure ,but I do know that Westy C is to the North of Westy North , schools are near each other but Central is the Norternmost Westy school .
Have they considered changing the signs out front and switching them ? Is this a good geography lesson for the kids? Do kids who live to the South Of North sometimes head north to go to Central. I am not sure of any of this and I am confused . What I do know WC has been bitten by the Cobra this year , nice comeback last week only to lose at the end . WC is also one of the great venues to watch a game. Friends and family show up to this one with a small smattering of students ? Or is it really a rivalry ?

I will lay the 10 points WC 31 WN 16

Westy S Ibbies at Olentangy Powell - LP Line OL - 4

Walking Boss famous for the Bossman Pick em at the Huddle used to periodically comment on the scenery on the Liberty side of the stands , very impressive indeed. In fact I live just a few minutes from Powell , shop there , eat there, and have gone to games there, , Bossman was right , Liberty Mom's have a lot of talent no doubt , and if you haven't had Pizza at Gallo's right off the Center of Powell you missing out , nice spot . Liberty Tavern doesn't suk either . Jalen Gill is the best player on this field tonight, but do they play defense ? Sometimes they seem to , sometimes not. Liberty is rebuilding in a few areas , when playing the iron { Wayne and Pick North} it has showed glaringly , but against this class , lay those points LP is saddling you with Powell High 31 Ibbies 20

Gahanna at R-Burg - LP Line Gahanna - 1

Basically a Pick Em, Gahanna not only lost the game last week but had a bevy of players hurt , some of who are OUT tonight . PC manhandled them physically and seems to have actually or literally HURT them . They could be without 5 key guys who played the week before at Coffman . Lowery at QB is obviously the biggest loss but Johnson at LB-DE TE at 6-3 275 pounds is another one, Justus Harris the flashy Junior back with D-1 talent ? another starting LB and a Lineman? Will Gahanna actually end at 5-5 again after a terrific start ? NO they will end at 6-4 and make the play-offs and hopefully be much healthier at that time . Burg may have some nice advantages up front especially with some of the injuries furthering their advantage there. I am going to send it in here{ Betting term for making a large wager } on the Burg at home getting a point

BURG 28 Lions 14

Continued