Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-16-17, 08:21 PM
All Ohio

doverbuck is on a distinguished road
Dover at Tallmadge Updates

Teams appear to be pretty evenly matched so it should be a good game.
Dover needs a win pretty seriously with Lake on the skids and the loss to East and Steubenville coming to town game 6.
Dover playmaker Dre Hess might be ready to play but I think they will be very cautious about it. First meeting ever that I know of between the 2 schools.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-17, 08:51 PM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Dover's usually pretty good bouncing back after a loss.
I'll take the Crimson in this one.
Old 09-16-17, 09:25 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Tallmadge played terrible Friday night and still should have won that game. I wasn't a believer the first 3 weeks, all wins. It took a one point loss Friday night to do it. I think this will be a close game, but Tallmadge wins at home on their fantastic grass field.
Old 09-16-17, 10:12 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
This should be a good matchup. Tallmadge's defense is starting to play really well. The offense has had some moments too. The one thing that has been consistent for Tallmadge all year is that they get stronger as the game progresses.
Old 09-16-17, 11:10 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Dover big

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-17, 11:27 PM
All American

monstermash is on a distinguished road
It would be great to see Tallmadge back! They have had so many great teams in the past when Vass was the coach. maybe this year is the start of a new trend....can't wait till my Hornets play them ....should be a great game
Old 09-17-17, 03:00 PM
All Ohio

Tallmadge fans,are you primarily a run team,pass or mix? Strength? Weakness?
Old 09-17-17, 03:15 PM
All Ohio

gogreenmen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Tallmadge played terrible Friday night and still should have won that game. I wasn't a believer the first 3 weeks, all wins. It took a one point loss Friday night to do it. I think this will be a close game, but Tallmadge wins at home on their fantastic grass field.
Tallmadge should not have won. Refs gave them a gift in 3rd qtr on a pass interference that was highly questionable. It was on 4th down and extended the drive. Also, Aurora lost their star player at the beginning of 3rd qtr when Aurora was leading 14 to 0. Also, Aurora lined up and ran it at Tallmadge for the final 6 min 30 sec of the 4th qtr. If you cant stop the run in that situation you don't deserve to win the game. All that said, Tallmadge is a much improved, tough football team. Good luck against Dover.
Old 09-17-17, 04:11 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by doverbuck View Post
Tallmadge fans,are you primarily a run team,pass or mix? Strength? Weakness?
Tallmadge is a good mix of run and pass. I would say they are more efficient at running the ball but are not afraid to put the ball in the air or take off when the pass protection breaks down.

Tallmadge has two backs (#5 is the main back) who get most of the carries but will run the ball with some of the WRs from time to time. They will also hand off to the FB 4-5 times a game. Defensively, they rely on their size and control the line of scrimmage. They have a couple nice sophomore corners who are doing a good job defending the pass.

For strengths, I would say they have good size, better power, and get stronger as the game progresses. Fundamentally very strong. The weakness would be that they don't have alot of team speed. They have been beat for long TDs 4-5 times this season by speedy backs by receiving, rushing, or returning the ball.
Old 09-17-17, 06:45 PM
Varsity

SteelerBacker is on a distinguished road
Dover in a rout, running clock. We have speed like you have never seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-17, 07:30 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerBacker View Post
Dover in a rout, running clock. We have speed like you have never seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What happened with East then?
Old 09-17-17, 07:44 PM
All Ohio

Just ignore steelerbacker, he is a Dover hater that likes to stir the pot,check his past posts.
Old 09-17-17, 07:58 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Must have had some kind of governor on that speed last week. Losing to directional schools on the high school level has some commonality with D1 power 5 schools losing to directional schools.......

You'll see some real speed in a few weeks when the Big Red invades Dover. Some defensive speed in that front seven that is seriously impressive. Boardman could not run at all or protect the passer.

ROLL RED ROLL
Old 09-17-17, 08:20 PM
All Ohio

mrfootball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Must have had some kind of governor on that speed last week. Losing to directional schools on the high school level has some commonality with D1 power 5 schools losing to directional schools.......

You'll see some real speed in a few weeks when the Big Red invades Dover. Some defensive speed in that front seven that is seriously impressive. Boardman could not run at all or protect the passer.

ROLL RED ROLL
This is not a Dover vs Big Red thread.. and Big red is not the same team on the road.. that's why they have to play 8 home games. Only beating Wv teams on the road 28-6 is not going to scare anyone.. Go post on whoever u play this week and will see u in 2 weeks..
Old 09-17-17, 10:11 PM
All Ohio

pirateflash07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfootball View Post
This is not a Dover vs Big Red thread.. and Big red is not the same team on the road.. that's why they have to play 8 home games. Only beating Wv teams on the road 28-6 is not going to scare anyone.. Go post on whoever u play this week and will see u in 2 weeks..
Perfectly Said
Old 09-17-17, 10:14 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
What happened with East then?
East is bigger and they play ply old school ball East will do that to a lot of teams. and 34-24 was not that bad they could of maybe won if Hess played but it is what it is.
Old 09-18-17, 05:30 AM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateflash07 View Post
East is bigger and they play ply old school ball East will do that to a lot of teams. and 34-24 was not that bad they could of maybe won if Hess played but it is what it is.
Maybe, would of, should of? Everyone loses players. I think East's best player broke his ankle in the game and was out too. Not sure when it occurred tho. I am sure Dover is a good team and is usually in the playoffs. East has a stable of athletes and is playing more disciplined than in the past which makes them dangerous to anyone. Good luck to Dover this week at an improved Tallmadge team fighting for their playoff lives. They need the win to keep pace. Schedule gets tougher for them.
Old 09-18-17, 11:43 AM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Maybe, would of, should of? Everyone loses players. I think East's best player broke his ankle in the game and was out too. Not sure when it occurred tho.
Aren't we all just armchair quarterbacks?

I don't know if Collier broke his ankle, but it didn't look good. He had to be carried off of the field, during the first quarter. Hope his injury was not as bad as it looked.

Actually, many of East's players were injured during the game, but most recovered and returned to play. Also, if one player went down, there were about 8 other players who could compensate for the loss (ex: Floyd for Collier). IMO, East's main weaknesses were turnovers, disorganization, and susceptibility to injury. That said, their speed, size, and agility more than counterbalanced these.

Dover is usually good at bouncing back after these types of losses. Certainly, they will learn from this loss, make the proper adjustments, and be ready to take on Tallmadge this Friday.

GO DOVER!
Old 09-18-17, 11:52 AM
Go Buckeyes

What kind of surface does Dover play on? Do they have any other games on grass?
Old 09-18-17, 11:55 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
What kind of surface does Dover play on? Do they have any other games on grass?
Dover has turf now.
Old 09-18-17, 11:58 AM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Dover has turf now.
That is what I suspected. Not sure how much of a difference it makes but the changing surfaces can have an effect on the game. This will be Tallmadge's 5th game on grass this year.
Old 09-18-17, 11:59 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
You can watch Dover's week 2 home game with Lake here: http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305146
Old 09-18-17, 03:33 PM
Go Buckeyes

Thanks!! I'll watch that a little later.

Not having seen Lake this year, I suspect they are very similar to Tallmadge. At least that is what I remember from seeing Lake teams from that past.
Old 09-18-17, 07:51 PM
All Ohio

Old56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Thanks!! I'll watch that a little later.

Not having seen Lake this year, I suspect they are very similar to Tallmadge. At least that is what I remember from seeing Lake teams from that past.
Lake ran on the tornadoes. I think Dover had 5 or 6 offensive plays in the third Qtr. but still found a way to win.
Old 09-19-17, 01:49 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Tallmadge will keep this close but it's not a good matchup for the Blue Devils. Devils should pray for rain and the mudpit can claim another victim.
Old 09-19-17, 03:52 PM
All Ohio

Forecast for Friday high 88 10% chance of rain. Depth and conditioning could be a factor. Cool August and 4 cool weather games might have both teams huffing.
Old 09-19-17, 04:50 PM
Junior Varsity

DHS1 is on a distinguished road
Dover has been shuffling players in and out all year. This could be the difference for a win. The heat will take a toll if you don't use subs. I see Dover pulling away in the second half by 10
Old 09-19-17, 09:52 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS1 View Post
Dover has been shuffling players in and out all year. This could be the difference for a win. The heat will take a toll if you don't use subs. I see Dover pulling away in the second half by 10
Exactlly BTW its suppose to be like 85 for high and 62 for the low
Old 09-19-17, 10:11 PM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfootball View Post
Last game "at" Dover I believe Big Red running clocked them...
Old 09-19-17, 10:30 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS1 View Post
Tallmadge has been a strong second half team all year. Trailing Ravenna, Coventry, and Aurora by double-digits then making a comeback in the second half. If not for a missed XP, Tallmadge/Aurora game probably goes to overtime.

After watching some of the Dover/Lake game, the biggest question mark is Tallmadge hasn't faced a team that passed as much as Dover. It will be interesting to see how Tallmadge handles a prolific passing attack as most teams they faced were well-balanced offenses or mainly running teams.