Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-04-17, 03:09 PM
Yankeefan33 Yankeefan33 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-23-12
Posts: 2,376
Yankeefan33 is on a distinguished road
Doug Rosfeld named new Moeller head coach

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-scho...football-coach
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-04-17, 03:32 PM
MooseJaw MooseJaw is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-03-14
Posts: 150
MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Didn't see that one coming
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-04-17, 03:33 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,399
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseJaw View Post
Didn't see that one coming
I really like your store. Keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-17, 03:34 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,524
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Did they talk to LaSalle coach?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-17, 06:26 PM
sportfan97 sportfan97 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-01-10
Posts: 283
sportfan97 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like the guy is a great fit for the program. I wish him the best of luck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-04-17, 07:26 PM
BaBa au Rum BaBa au Rum is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-08
Posts: 215
BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfan97 View Post
Sounds like the guy is a great fit for the program. I wish him the best of luck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's a great hire! Great guy from a great family.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-05-17, 07:22 AM
superduper superduper is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-15-17
Location: your mom's basement
Posts: 158
superduper is on a distinguished road
won't matter......even if he wins a couple of championships, they'll run him out of town.....bunch of dorks up there that can't even get a stadium built because of too many uppity people don't want in "my neighborhood"....frickin' east siders......
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-05-17, 08:51 AM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,858
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
won't matter......even if he wins a couple of championships, they'll run him out of town.....bunch of dorks up there that can't even get a stadium built because of too many uppity people don't want in "my neighborhood"....frickin' east siders......
The Archdiocese sold most of the land surrounding Moeller in the early 60's. There is no room for a stadium, just a practice facility. Get your facts straight Superman.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-05-17, 09:23 AM
longtime1sttime longtime1sttime is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-11-03
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 8,701
longtime1sttime
Good hire.

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-05-17, 09:50 AM
longtime1sttime longtime1sttime is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-11-03
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 8,701
longtime1sttime
"History of Moeller football coaches"

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...day/918891001/
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-05-17, 10:04 AM
LaneDixon LaneDixon is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-18-17
Posts: 20
LaneDixon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime1sttime View Post
Good hire.

The 2:35 mark of the video says it all. "Recruiting Process". At least he's honest.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-05-17, 02:23 PM
area51 area51 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-06-03
Posts: 499
area51
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
won't matter......even if he wins a couple of championships, they'll run him out of town.....bunch of dorks up there that can't even get a stadium built because of too many uppity people don't want in "my neighborhood"....frickin' east siders......
You really are clueless. Go color us a picture.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-05-17, 02:24 PM
area51 area51 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-06-03
Posts: 499
area51
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneDixon View Post
The 2:35 mark of the video says it all. "Recruiting Process". At least he's honest.
You've never seen yard signs, ads in papers, bill boards all promoting GCL schools?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-05-17, 02:33 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,541
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneDixon View Post
The 2:35 mark of the video says it all. "Recruiting Process". At least he's honest.
You do realize he was talking about his experiences at the University of Cincinnati?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-05-17, 03:26 PM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 628
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneDixon View Post
The 2:35 mark of the video says it all. "Recruiting Process". At least he's honest.
Funny how no one mentions LaSalle and the "R" word. Barrett Cohen literally goes to elementary schools with a food truck covered in LaSalle logos. Has videos of him and grade school kids with #futurelancers all over his social media.They put a lot of catholic elementary school names on the the stripe of their helment last year. They are making a point of targeting St.Susanna which is well known Moeller/X territory and believe that LaSalle being able to get kids from up there is vital to their turn around.

Also they were giving "leadership scholarships" 10+ years ago. I'm not complaining. I believe its part of the game when trying to get students to pay 10k plus a year for HIGH SCHOOL. But please don't act like Moeller is by far and away the worse offender.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-05-17, 03:52 PM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,250
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
So everyone seems to really this guy, and that's great. I am going to ask out of ignorance because I wouldn't know this dude if I hit him with my car...

Has he ever actually been a HEAD COACH of a program before, let alone one with the tradition and expectations of Moeller?

-CardinalsFan
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-05-17, 05:13 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,541
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
So everyone seems to really this guy, and that's great. I am going to ask out of ignorance because I wouldn't know this dude if I hit him with my car...

Has he ever actually been a HEAD COACH of a program before, let alone one with the tradition and expectations of Moeller?

-CardinalsFan
No he has not been a head football coach before- he was Oline coach at Moeller, grad assistant at UC, and director of player development at UC. He also started the Moeller Rugby team and was head coach of that program for several years earning a handful of state titles.

And my $ is on the dude beating your car in that contest.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-05-17, 05:46 PM
Stormie Stormie is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-08-10
Posts: 177
Stormie is on a distinguished road
Pretty sure that none of Moeller's previous 5 head coaches had any head coaching experience at a program with the traditions and expectations of Moeller --- except for Rody; and it seems like those guys did pretty well :-)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-05-17, 07:54 PM
St.X fan2 St.X fan2 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-09-01
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,666
St.X fan2
Just wondering

What happened to the coach at LaSalle who is a Moeller guy? Many people on here thought he was a slam dunk for getting the job. I am surprised that he isn't the new coach. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-05-17, 08:07 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,524
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.X fan2 View Post
What happened to the coach at LaSalle who is a Moeller guy? Many people on here thought he was a slam dunk for getting the job. I am surprised that he isn't the new coach. Thoughts?
great question...... waiting for input from the Moe faithful......
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-05-17, 08:34 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 21,768
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Good luck to Moeller's new coach. The bottom line is that greater Cincinnati football is better for having an outstanding Moeller team. Love them or hate them they are the father of all dynasties and they more then any other team put Cincinnati on the high school football map in the 1970's/1980's.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-06-17, 04:46 PM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 628
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
great question...... waiting for input from the Moe faithful......
I'm okay with it. Pat has a lot more experience as a head guy at a HS level but I think Rosfeld learned a lot about running a program as a whole while working For UC.

Rosfeld also has been working in a coaching change/rebuild situation at UC which will help.

He also knows the Moellers culture, knows how to embrace the tradition without allowing it to have a negative affect on current players.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-06-17, 06:34 PM
Extra Point Extra Point is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-08-13
Posts: 1,026
Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
Funny how no one mentions LaSalle and the "R" word. Barrett Cohen literally goes to elementary schools with a food truck covered in LaSalle logos. Has videos of him and grade school kids with #futurelancers all over his social media.They put a lot of catholic elementary school names on the the stripe of their helment last year. They are making a point of targeting St.Susanna which is well known Moeller/X territory and believe that LaSalle being able to get kids from up there is vital to their turn around.

Also they were giving "leadership scholarships" 10+ years ago. I'm not complaining. I believe its part of the game when trying to get students to pay 10k plus a year for HIGH SCHOOL. But please don't act like Moeller is by far and away the worse offender.
Sounds like you are "complaining"......could be the 4 game losing streak to LaSalle and the two "Arse-whoopins" the Men of Moe took at Lancer Field....where that covered food truck is parked......... hahahah
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-06-17, 06:37 PM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 628
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Point View Post
Sounds like you are "complaining"......could be the 4 game losing streak to LaSalle and the two "Arse-whoopins" the Men of Moe took at Lancer Field....where that covered food truck is parked......... hahahah
A little, those beat downs were embarrassing.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-06-17, 06:42 PM
Extra Point Extra Point is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-08-13
Posts: 1,026
Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
....by the way LEONARD....Barrett is attempting to recruit students to the school with the videos, food truck and anything else "LaSalle" he can dream up....completely allowed....now if you believe he is targeting athletes....like the plethora of studs at St. Sussanna...haha...then that is different.....until then....get you a slice of LaRosa's Pizza (LaSalle guys) from that food truck and relax homey.....
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-06-17, 08:02 PM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 628
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Point View Post
....by the way LEONARD....Barrett is attempting to recruit students to the school with the videos, food truck and anything else "LaSalle" he can dream up....completely allowed....now if you believe he is targeting athletes....like the plethora of studs at St. Sussanna...haha...then that is different.....until then....get you a slice of LaRosa's Pizza (LaSalle guys) from that food truck and relax homey.....
Its okay. I really am not that upset about it. I don't really think that they are "recruiting athletes" in Mason. I know Lasalle can be a bit of hard sell so he has to do all of that, things will return to normal in a few years.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-06-17, 10:02 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,067
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
Funny how no one mentions LaSalle and the "R" word.
Really? People have been talking about that on this site for the better part of the last decade, up to and including making up crap about leadership scholarships.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-06-17, 10:04 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,067
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.X fan2 View Post
What happened to the coach at LaSalle who is a Moeller guy? Many people on here thought he was a slam dunk for getting the job. I am surprised that he isn't the new coach. Thoughts?
Didnít want it, it seems.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-06-17, 10:53 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,541
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Not so sure about that- his statements came just after the decision was already made (though not announced) for Rosfeld.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-07-17, 01:29 AM
BASESWIMPARENT BASESWIMPARENT is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-21-16
Posts: 140
BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
I wonder about the pay. Can Moeller afford to pay it football coach like some other schools are doing and still keep their other programs dominant? Or maybe offer a teaching job? Not trolling.. just wondering out loud.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Massillon Tiger Football DB135 Massillon Tigers 32 12-04-17 11:50 AM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM
IUDOGS: 2017 - 2018 Ohio High School Girls Basketball Coaches Changes IUDOGS Girls Basketball 156 11-08-17 01:41 PM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM
Warren JFK Head Coach Jeff Bayuk Named AD Flying Wedge Football 8 05-16-17 02:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz