Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-04-17, 11:57 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
oh well, at least the officiating crew maintained their lead in penalties called
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-17, 11:58 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Yeah Ohtani eliminating the Reds from consideration really killed me
The type of fans who call into 700 WLW are going to be on a war path. You already see it on social media. People love to play the "whoah is me" card. Just smash a lamp or some dinner plates, and you'll feel better.
Old 12-04-17, 11:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
oh well, at least the officiating crew maintained their lead in penalties called
They were bad, but the Bengals are poorly coached and disciplined.

Last edited by Descartes; 12-05-17 at 12:59 AM..
Old 12-05-17, 12:00 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Well I'm glad that's over.
Old 12-05-17, 12:01 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
My goodness how many other people, even after the Cincy got up 17 - 3, just knew the Steelers would beat the Bengals with a last second FG?

As for the penalties. This is a BIG problem with the NFL. What is a PF? What is holding? What is pass interference? What is targeting? There is so much inconsistency in how these games are officiated from week to week that it's painful to watch. The NFL is committing suicide through death by a thousand cuts.
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
That needless offside penalty sets the franchise record for penalty yards in a game. At least they accomplished something.
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Another great Marvin performance. Up 17-0. Great half time adjustments coach
You must almost be as proud of your record vs the steelers as you are of your perfect playoff performance
Nice work with Will Jackson on the sideline drill
Old 12-05-17, 12:55 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Vintage Bengals. The whole team is just mentally weak, case in point your best player drops 3 passes in the 2nd half including one that gives you a 1st Down after the awful field position from the penalty. After the Steelers went down and kicked a FG before half (which is all on coaching, there was only 31 seconds left), this game was all but over. The holding call on AJ's 3rd TD was absolutely bogus, but the defense was swiss cheese the entire 2nd half.

Fire Marvin tomorrow and clean house. It will never happen, but that's what needs to happen. Going forward, William Jackson is your #1 CB, not Dre. Brown ate Kirkpatrick alive tonight.
Old 12-05-17, 01:02 AM
All Yappi

The season is lost, no point in firing Marvin until after Week 16.
Old 12-05-17, 01:11 AM
All Yappi

I would say, the game felt over the minute the Bengals didn't convert that 3rd and short. Dalton played very well, but he could've easily taken off and gotten 2 yards on that play.
Old 12-05-17, 05:33 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
0% confidence the bengals will win this game.
good call
Old 12-05-17, 05:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
EP turning into the Brian of this thread
Old 12-05-17, 05:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Can we fire Marvin yet?
Fire SOFT Lewis ?
Old 12-05-17, 05:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Boswell is the biggest Bengal killer of them all
170 penalty yards doesn't help, either.
Old 12-05-17, 06:54 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Overall last night was a bag game. Bad play, bad officiating, bad implosion by the Bengals, 129 players getting hurt. NFL is heading down a place it doesn't want to go. It'll be fine in the short term, but long term all this head injury crap is going to really affect it.

On that note: Dalton played great. One of his best games in awhile. Only completed 58% but I can't tell you how many of his 15 incompletions were drops. But I won't be watching or attending anymore Bengals games until Marvin is fired and someone from outside the organization is brought in to coach. I had zero faith when they were up 17-0 and when the Steelers drove to a FG before half the thought of the Bengals blowing the game started creeping into the back of my mind.
Old 12-05-17, 07:11 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
What an embarrassment.
Old 12-05-17, 08:23 AM
All Yappi

BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Steelers fans were in typical form on twitter last night. On the same night their star LB was lying motionless in the hospital, they were laughing and saying Burfict deserved the hit from JuJu. But you can't really blame them. They're just taking the lead from their frontman AB who was chanting "karma" in the locker room while JuJu was being questioned on the hit.

Ugly game from both sides. Glad to hear the hesitant positivity coming this morning on the Shazier front.
Old 12-05-17, 08:34 AM
All World

Bballer05
didn't watch the second half. couldn't stay awake but obviously things got heated, as they always do in this game. AFC North divisional games lead the league in major penalties this year at 75. next division has 68. it's intense but the players need to start holding themselves accountable and taking ownership of their own game, i.e., protecting each other.

Shazier injury is unfortunate and you just hope he's ok. no player wants to see that and it could happen to ANY defensive player. it's just a freak injury.

the JuJu hit was illegal because he made contact with Burfict facemask with top of his helmet. yes, he stood over him after but he's a rookie who just made a huge block in a big game. i don't think he was trying to hurt him. he even said that and apologized for standing over him after the hit. the fact that it was Burfict probably blew it up even more. Yes, AB was calling out "karma" in the lockerroom afterward but that was also because of the hit Burfict put on him and coming out and saying he faked his concussion.

i didn't see the Iloka hit on AB late in the game but i did see in the first half, last drive (i think) when Ben threw one down the sidelines to AB and Iloka simply went after AB (didn't end up hitting him because AB pulled up) and the ball actually hit Iloka in the SHOULDER. IN THE SHOULDER! he clearly was targeting AB there instead of even looking at the ball. should've been an easy pick but he had no interest in even playing the ball there. that could've ended up bad.

either way, it was an ugly game, probably lost more by Marvin than won by the Steelers. how do you just not run the ball in the 2nd half after gashing the Steelers D the first half? and Steelers lost their starting ILB and their backup starting ILB. yet you don't run the ball? that's on Marvin.
Old 12-05-17, 11:46 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Was in attendance and have to admit I did not have a provlem with the hit that AB took one the one juju gave. Taunting....dumb.

Few years ago espn and the nfl would promote those hits. If I'm a defender I'm doing whatever it takes to try and separate AB from the ball in the end zone. He is going to the ground. ..defender going foe the hit.....tough to pull up....want guys to play timid you get what we saw on Lev bell td where a guy scared to hit a guy
Old 12-05-17, 12:49 PM
All Yappi

Over/Under on how long Burfict lasts in next year's game... I'll say a Quarter
Old 12-05-17, 03:33 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
I have to say I'm very disappointed in the Steelers/ Bengals game last night. Not because of the outcome or anything like that. The NFL has tried to get ahold of the needless violence and cheap shots, but I think the league is taking steps backwards after last night's game.

Why is it not allowed for officials to eject players? This happens routinely in baseball and basketball. Someone gets out of hand, they get ejected. Kevin Durrant, LeBron James were ejected from separate games the last few weeks. When you allow players to behave a certain way, and the only penalty is 15 yards, you get what you deserve. Sadly, after the first few personal fouls and cheap shots. There was one egregious penalty on George Iloka on Antonio Brown's last TD catch. Clearly a target, helmet to helmet shot right in front of the world. The penalty...15 yards...that's it. So the Steelers get to kick from midfield instead of the 35. Is this really a deterrent? The NFL wonders why ratings are going down, they wonder why people don't want to have their kids play football.
Old 12-05-17, 03:43 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I have to say I'm very disappointed in the Steelers/ Bengals game last night. Not because of the outcome or anything like that. The NFL has tried to get ahold of the needless violence and cheap shots, but I think the league is taking steps backwards after last night's game.

Why is it not allowed for officials to eject players? This happens routinely in baseball and basketball. Someone gets out of hand, they get ejected. Kevin Durrant, LeBron James were ejected from separate games the last few weeks. When you allow players to behave a certain way, and the only penalty is 15 yards, you get what you deserve. Sadly, after the first few personal fouls and cheap shots. There was one egregious penalty on George Iloka on Antonio Brown's last TD catch. Clearly a target, helmet to helmet shot right in front of the world. The penalty...15 yards...that's it. So the Steelers get to kick from midfield instead of the 35. Is this really a deterrent? The NFL wonders why ratings are going down, they wonder why people don't want to have their kids play football.
Ratings are not down because a ref does not toss guys after those hits.....more likely that people are hating how they are taking the violent game we love and trying to sanitize it. Fine. Penalty. suspension....Ejection....yes they can do that but to do so on those 2 plays last night would be bs. On the GRONK plY...yeah as that was after the play but those two hits should not get you ejected
Old 12-05-17, 04:27 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
didn't watch the second half. couldn't stay awake but obviously things got heated, as they always do in this game. AFC North divisional games lead the league in major penalties this year at 75. next division has 68. it's intense but the players need to start holding themselves accountable and taking ownership of their own game, i.e., protecting each other.

Shazier injury is unfortunate and you just hope he's ok. no player wants to see that and it could happen to ANY defensive player. it's just a freak injury.

the JuJu hit was illegal because he made contact with Burfict facemask with top of his helmet. yes, he stood over him after but he's a rookie who just made a huge block in a big game. i don't think he was trying to hurt him. he even said that and apologized for standing over him after the hit. the fact that it was Burfict probably blew it up even more. Yes, AB was calling out "karma" in the lockerroom afterward but that was also because of the hit Burfict put on him and coming out and saying he faked his concussion.

i didn't see the Iloka hit on AB late in the game but i did see in the first half, last drive (i think) when Ben threw one down the sidelines to AB and Iloka simply went after AB (didn't end up hitting him because AB pulled up) and the ball actually hit Iloka in the SHOULDER. IN THE SHOULDER! he clearly was targeting AB there instead of even looking at the ball. should've been an easy pick but he had no interest in even playing the ball there. that could've ended up bad.

either way, it was an ugly game, probably lost more by Marvin than won by the Steelers. how do you just not run the ball in the 2nd half after gashing the Steelers D the first half? and Steelers lost their starting ILB and their backup starting ILB. yet you don't run the ball? that's on Marvin.
Depends on if you consider Burfict a defenseless player. If not, the block was completely legal.

For me, it's tough to say if it should have been a penalty. JuJu came at him front-on, made primary contact with his shoulder to Burfict's chest, and had secondary contact with Burfict's facemask. People are comparing it to the Ward hit on Rivers, but they're not really the same: Ward went higher, hit Rivers from the side, and led with the crown of his helmet. Burfict was basically caught in a common hockey situation where a player becomes too focused on the puck, forgets to keep his head up, then gets absolutely crushed. It's a hard play but most of the time legal.

I think the penalty and suspension had much more to do with context than the hit itself and the fact JuJu taunted him, which made it seem more like a headhunting act than a football play.

If JuJu is going to get a game for this then Gronk should get 3 at minimum. This is why Goodell sucks. So arbitrary.
Old 12-05-17, 04:38 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road

hits Burfict in the side of the helmet, the NFL says that the taunting figured into their decision to suspend him a game.
Old 12-05-17, 04:43 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Have no problem with either suspension. Thought Gronk should have been suspended two games through. His hit was worse and occurred after the play. He plays for the Pats though so I oughta know better.
Old 12-05-17, 05:47 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
That POS got what he deserves. That hit was legal tho. Normal football play. The end zone hit should be a suspension
Old 12-05-17, 07:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post

hits Burfict in the side of the helmet, the NFL says that the taunting figured into their decision to suspend him a game.
Totally worth it Bloody the bully's nose.

Bryant will never make #2 Steelers' receiver after the suspension is served.
Old 12-05-17, 07:39 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
I would think even Bengals fans could admit Vontaze had that coming, dirty or not.
Old 12-05-17, 07:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
I would think even Bengals fans could admit Vontaze had that coming, dirty or not.
Old 12-05-17, 07:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Have no problem with either suspension. Thought Gronk should have been suspended two games through. His hit was worse and occurred after the play. He plays for the Pats though so I oughta know better.
Gronk takes a beating every week. It was stupid WWE crap, but it was a one-time thing. You're being silly.