Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-03-17, 05:53 PM
Varsity

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Colerain, Mason and Princeton

Colerain has already lost games to Mason and Princeton by scores of 71-3 and 81-6. Anybody have any knowledge of these other than "Colerain must be really bad?"

Crazy scores.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-17, 12:21 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
they really are that bad. plus it doesn't help that they changes coaches every year.

jtk
()
Old 12-05-17, 09:19 PM
All District

Bob Ashby is on a distinguished road
Lakota West, ranked #1 in Cincinnati and #2 in Ohio played a late season away game at Colerain last year. The Firebirds were at full strength and won 56-46 but trailed at the half and well into the third quarter.

A Colerain Freshman by the name of Ashley Davis scored 14 points. Davis averaged 14.7 ppg last year and had a season single game high of 30. She's not on the Cardinal roster this year.

Another Colerain Freshman named Braddix scored 9 points. She averaged 4.9 ppg last year and had a season single game high of 12. She too not on this years Colerain roster.

Several other underclassmen who played for Colerain in that game are not on this years roster.

Where have they all gone???
Old 12-05-17, 09:40 PM
All District

Update: I checked the Colerain roster currently up on the GMC site and it contained most of the underclassmen that had played last year including Davis, Braddix, and others. These experienced players did not appear on the game night rosters for the Mason and Princeton games however. Other names that were not on the roster that had been submitted to the GMC were the names that showed up on the early season game night rosters.
Old 12-06-17, 11:05 AM
Freshman

Cincy Bball Coach is on a distinguished road
Davis and Braddix have transferred to Princeton and I believe are sitting out the 11 games necessary for transfers. Alyssa West has moved to Fairfield and is playing there. Those 3 I know are not on that roster. Colerain is that bad. It's sad. They were shutout at Mason till 4th quarter. I had one of my AAU parents at the Princeton game and said it was bad. Hey, at least they scored 24 against Clark Montessori.
Old 12-06-17, 01:33 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
It just seems that every year the divide between good and bad teams gets wider. I don't know the history of Colerains basketball, but have heard it was not always that way so I looked up some records and for the decade of 2005-2014 they were consistently in the top half of the conference before hitting rock bottom the past 2 seasons. That's not "ebb and flow" type of record, that usually means something happened to precipitate such a dramatic dropoff.
Old 12-06-17, 06:05 PM
All Ohio

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
It just seems that every year the divide between good and bad teams gets wider. I don't know the history of Colerains basketball, but have heard it was not always that way so I looked up some records and for the decade of 2005-2014 they were consistently in the top half of the conference before hitting rock bottom the past 2 seasons. That's not "ebb and flow" type of record, that usually means something happened to precipitate such a dramatic dropoff.
Players follow coaches and they have not replaced had a good replacement since Wallace left for Mcauley. He was followed by a guy from Mt. Healthy who was obvious wasn't there and wanted to retire, the school's all-time leading scorer who after 1 year realized coaching was feasible with her full-time job, and whatever they have now.

The time period you mentioned had Coach Drew who moved onto Lakota East for a better job, Coach Mack who left to raise her family (she is Xavier's Chirs Mack's wife), and Wallace who was mentioned above. They were really good in that time period and were arguably State title contenders a few years but ran into a dominant Kettering Fairmont and had to deal with the Mitchell years at Princeton.

They started 3 freshmen, West and a senior last year. It now appears that none of them are still there which isn't a good sign for a team that didn't win many games last year anyways.
Old 12-06-17, 11:46 PM
All Ohio

firehawk is on a distinguished road
Colerain, Mason and Princeton

Real bad situation obviously. Another bad result tonight though they did score a little more but still blown 77-17 by Sycamore which was their first win.I saw Sycamore lose Saturday against West in a 69-24 blowout.Itís hard to imagine someone struggling as bad as Colerain but it does happen.Basically the GMC in girls basketball is West and Mason.No one else is close to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-17, 10:18 AM
Freshman

Cincy Bball Coach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
Real bad situation obviously. Another bad result tonight though they did score a little more but still blown 77-17 by Sycamore which was their first win.I saw Sycamore lose Saturday against West in a 69-24 blowout.Itís hard to imagine someone struggling as bad as Colerain but it does happen.Basically the GMC in girls basketball is West and Mason.No one else is close to them.

Once Davis and Braddix start playing, Princeton may have a chance to have a say so in the conference but I do agree about West and Mason. Watched Fairfield and Mason last night and just the overall structure of Mason has totally impressed me. I cannot wait to see them and West play. Both games will be special.
Old 12-08-17, 12:01 PM
All Ohio

firehawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Bball Coach View Post
Once Davis and Braddix start playing, Princeton may have a chance to have a say so in the conference but I do agree about West and Mason. Watched Fairfield and Mason last night and just the overall structure of Mason has totally impressed me. I cannot wait to see them and West play. Both games will be special.

Yes they should be great games. Last year the games were decided by 2,3 and 1 point.

Old 12-08-17, 01:17 PM
All District

[QUOTE=firehawk;6938818] Last year the games were decided by 2,3 and 1 point.

With Mason winning by 2 at West.
With West winning by 3 at Mason.
With Mason winning by 1 on a neutral court.

And each team ringing up an identical season total of 149 points on each other.

Nobody expects it to be any different this year. Six games in this series have been decided by a single shot.