Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-06-17, 04:26 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIndianNation01 View Post
I find it crazy that people are whining about the music. Pretty sure they would have done the same thing no matter where it was held. That has nothing to do with the location. Also pretty sure the kids on the field didn't give a rats tail about the music. They were thinking about the game.
you are wrong about the MUSIC , kids like upbeat music while warming up....do you have a kid that plays HS FB? and it is not the same at other locations.....Regionals had great music...
Old 12-06-17, 04:46 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
FYI - the difference between the finals in Stark before this year and the finals now is obviously not split

but the major thing from what I am reading is the HOF controls the music, parking, concessions, security, etc.

Before it was people from the community. The HOF successfully has shipped workers in from cleveland to handle everything - no more community people helping with that extra special touch.

Everything the HOF and Baker has done so far with the "village" has been a HUGE disappointment IN MY OPINION.

The teams and the fans were the furthest things from the minds of the people now making decisions.

Won't care at all if they ship the finals to Cbus and they stay there. NO ONE from the HOF or Baker's circle really invests any time in talking and listening to any HIGH SCHOOL COACHES rather the HOF and Baker just talk at everyone.

the whole deal is a joke - rather have the old crumbling stadium any day than the new white washed boring stadium that stands now.

my $.02

Your $.02 is spot on!
Old 12-06-17, 04:53 PM
Varsity

ru4ml is on a distinguished road
Quote:
FYI - the difference between the finals in Stark before this year and the finals now is obviously not split

but the major thing from what I am reading is the HOF controls the music, parking, concessions, security, etc.

Before it was people from the community. The HOF successfully has shipped workers in from cleveland to handle everything - no more community people helping with that extra special touch.

Everything the HOF and Baker has done so far with the "village" has been a HUGE disappointment IN MY OPINION.

The teams and the fans were the furthest things from the minds of the people now making decisions.

Won't care at all if they ship the finals to Cbus and they stay there. NO ONE from the HOF or Baker's circle really invests any time in talking and listening to any HIGH SCHOOL COACHES rather the HOF and Baker just talk at everyone.

the whole deal is a joke - rather have the old crumbling stadium any day than the new white washed boring stadium that stands now.

my $.02
Now we know why the whole experience pretty much sucked......
I do disagree though in that I like this stadium itself better than the old one.
Old 12-06-17, 05:58 PM
All World

Spize is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

my $.02
The HOF and their puppet masters in the NFL offices do not care. OHSAA pretends to care, but doesn’t.

The HOF/NFL found a bottomless pit of taxpayer backed funding in SCPA Revenue bonds and are determined to see if they can find the bottom.

Lots and lots of tax schemes going to cover it, and even those aren’t projected to cover even the stadium.

Remember, Benson Stadium is named after an NFL owner that donated appx 8% of the cost of the stadium, and they named it after him. That tells me they aren’t expecting any other private money to come in, or else why sell the name so cheap?

All the promises sound great, but their delivery on promises hasn’t been good.

Remember Canton, you’re betting half a billion (will be well over a billion the way budgets on this thing are going) on the ability of Roger Goodell to stop the NFL from constantly embarrassing itself and chasing away its fan base.

Bottom line:

If OHSAA filled up the Hawaiian conference fund and the HOF turned a profit from the games, expect them to be back, and that’s probably true so long as the bills get sent to the SCPA and the money goes to the HOF/OHSAA.
Old 12-06-17, 06:02 PM
All World

My prediction:

OHSAA tells canton they will come back next year on the condition they waive the $3 per ticket tax, Canton does so, tickets are still $15 next year, OHSAA laughs all the way to the bank.
Old 12-06-17, 07:02 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spize View Post
The HOF and their puppet masters in the NFL offices do not care. OHSAA pretends to care, but doesnít.

The HOF/NFL found a bottomless pit of taxpayer backed funding in SCPA Revenue bonds and are determined to see if they can find the bottom.

Lots and lots of tax schemes going to cover it, and even those arenít projected to cover even the stadium.

Remember, Benson Stadium is named after an NFL owner that donated appx 8% of the cost of the stadium, and they named it after him. That tells me they arenít expecting any other private money to come in, or else why sell the name so cheap?

All the promises sound great, but their delivery on promises hasnít been good.

Remember Canton, youíre betting half a billion (will be well over a billion the way budgets on this thing are going) on the ability of Roger Goodell to stop the NFL from constantly embarrassing itself and chasing away its fan base.

Bottom line:

If OHSAA filled up the Hawaiian conference fund and the HOF turned a profit from the games, expect them to be back, and thatís probably true so long as the bills get sent to the SCPA and the money goes to the HOF/OHSAA.

That description is the shortest and simplest way to understand what is going here with the Hall of Fame idea.
Old 12-06-17, 07:02 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spize View Post
The HOF and their puppet masters in the NFL offices do not care. OHSAA pretends to care, but doesnít.

Lots and lots of tax schemes going to cover it, and even those arenít projected to cover even the stadium.

Remember, Benson Stadium is named after an NFL owner that donated appx 8% of the cost of the stadium, and they named it after him. That tells me they arenít expecting any other private money to come in, or else why sell the name so cheap?

All the promises sound great, but their delivery on promises hasnít been good.

Remember Canton, youíre betting half a billion (will be well over a billion the way budgets on this thing are going) on the ability of Roger Goodell to stop the NFL from constantly embarrassing itself and chasing away its fan base.

Bottom line:

If OHSAA filled up the Hawaiian conference fund and the HOF turned a profit from the games, expect them to be back, and thatís probably true so long as the bills get sent to the SCPA and the money goes to the HOF/OHSAA.
Can you please fill us in on what you know about the OHSAA and their Hawaiian conference fund?
Old 12-06-17, 08:51 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Can you please fill us in on what you know about the OHSAA and their Hawaiian conference fund?
Just referencing the past conferences attended by the higher ups, which included hawaii at one point.

Iím not the best to fill you in on that, but Iím sure someone will.
Old 12-06-17, 09:05 PM
All Region

Tigerfan65 is on a distinguished road
In 2001, the OHSAA sent more than 50 members of its staff and district boards to a national convention in Hawaii, five times the number of many other state associations. The cost was about $140,000.
Old 12-07-17, 09:41 AM
Varsity

ru4ml is on a distinguished road
A nice message I saw on face book from Marion Local fan thanking a Canton Police Officer
for helping his elderly parents back to their car. If you know him please pass it on.....

My parents and I would like to thank Canton's finest police officer, Mr. Joe Kirby, for assisting both of them in their late seventies, Lester & Anita Homan, following the OSHAA Div VI football state finals this past Saturday morning. The walk from the Tom Benson Hall Of Fame Stadium, after watching their beloved Marion Local Flyers and their grandson Alex Partington win their school's 10th State Championship, became just too long for my Dad to complete. My Mom & Dad sat on a guard rail just outside of the stadium while they waited for me to find some kind of ride from the stadium to the handicap Lot C. A half-dozen golf carts buzzed by me as I tried to wave them down for assistance. Everyone told me they couldn't help me, and then, I walked up to Canton's finest police officer, Mr. Joe Kirby. The second he heard me explain that my elderly folks were stranded outside the stadium, he invited me into his squad car and he patiently weaved his way through an over-sized crowd still exiting the stadium. Then, my folks' new-found hero helped them into their first-ever squad car ride. So, once again, thank you Joe Kirby for becoming my folks' new-found hero. If anybody reading this knows Officer Kirby, we would greatly appreciate if you would forward this post to him.
Old 12-07-17, 03:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan65 View Post
In 2001, the OHSAA sent more than 50 members of its staff and district boards to a national convention in Hawaii, five times the number of many other state associations. The cost was about $140,000.
Riiiiiiight.
Old 12-07-17, 06:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
Riiiiiiight.
Are you questioning that ?
Old 12-07-17, 07:55 PM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lightbulb

http://fridaynightohio.com/news/1398...l-title-games/
Old 12-07-17, 07:59 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4ml View Post
A nice message I saw on face book from Marion Local fan thanking a Canton Police Officer
for helping his elderly parents back to their car. If you know him please pass it on.....

My parents and I would like to thank Canton's finest police officer, Mr. Joe Kirby, for assisting both of them in their late seventies, Lester & Anita Homan, following the OSHAA Div VI football state finals this past Saturday morning. The walk from the Tom Benson Hall Of Fame Stadium, after watching their beloved Marion Local Flyers and their grandson Alex Partington win their school's 10th State Championship, became just too long for my Dad to complete. My Mom & Dad sat on a guard rail just outside of the stadium while they waited for me to find some kind of ride from the stadium to the handicap Lot C. A half-dozen golf carts buzzed by me as I tried to wave them down for assistance. Everyone told me they couldn't help me, and then, I walked up to Canton's finest police officer, Mr. Joe Kirby. The second he heard me explain that my elderly folks were stranded outside the stadium, he invited me into his squad car and he patiently weaved his way through an over-sized crowd still exiting the stadium. Then, my folks' new-found hero helped them into their first-ever squad car ride. So, once again, thank you Joe Kirby for becoming my folks' new-found hero. If anybody reading this knows Officer Kirby, we would greatly appreciate if you would forward this post to him.
Love the BLUE....
Old 12-07-17, 08:01 PM
All World

Quote:
I've heard that story too...classic
Old 12-07-17, 08:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Are you questioning that ?
How do you corroborate it?
Old 12-07-17, 08:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
How do you corroborate it?
Never mind. I found evidence of it myself. You are right.
Old 12-07-17, 08:59 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Again - if we are talking about a 2001 OHSAA trip to Hawaii- this past weekend must have gone pretty well.

And Spize -Massillon doesn't want the state finals at PBTS like they dont want in the Fed League. They (Fed and now OHSAA) say "You're not wanted" and Massillon responds "You can't fire me, I quit."
Old 12-08-17, 12:41 PM
All District

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Again - if we are talking about a 2001 OHSAA trip to Hawaii- this past weekend must have gone pretty well.

And Spize -Massillon doesn't want the state finals at PBTS like they dont want in the Fed League. They (Fed and now OHSAA) say "You're not wanted" and Massillon responds "You can't fire me, I quit."
:-) par.
Old 12-08-17, 08:28 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
It is too far a drive from SWO. It sucks driving back home after the game in bad weather in the middle of the night with the highway closed. Other than that, I am sure the HOF stadium is a wonderful place to host the games. It will be coming back to Columbus if OSU has its way. And yes, most championship players from 2016 were amazed by the experience at the Shoe.
Old 12-08-17, 09:40 PM
All American

Canton/Belden must have done a great job if this is what the thread has devolved into now.
Old 12-08-17, 10:39 PM
All Region

sam the butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
It is too far a drive from SWO. It sucks driving back home after the game in bad weather in the middle of the night with the highway closed. Other than that, I am sure the HOF stadium is a wonderful place to host the games. It will be coming back to Columbus if OSU has its way. And yes, most championship players from 2016 were amazed by the experience at the Shoe.
Agreed, I've felt this way for a long time. It's nice for us locals to be able to eat at familiar places that we know and like and keeping the money local. Its also nice to hop in a car when it's over and be home in minutes, but a centrally located venue would be the most fair way to do it.
Old 12-08-17, 11:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post

Canton/Belden must have done a great job if this is what the thread has devolved into now.
Except everyone saying they want them in Columbus and how it was a parking nightmare and rude ushers etc.
Old 12-09-17, 12:15 AM
Freshman

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
Football was invented and birthed in canton?what next rock n roll was born in cleveland and oh yeah invention was invented in akron.awsome!
Old 12-09-17, 06:14 AM
All American

Quote:
Except everyone saying they want them in Columbus.
Everyone? There's 12 different posters just on this thread who said keep them in Canton. Better check up on that Mr 100% factual.

The spokesman from OHSAA also said that clearly Canton and Columbus are the two spots where they will be held. Are you counting him too in "everyone"?
Old 12-09-17, 02:32 PM
All District

Cannoli137 is on a distinguished road
I understand Columbus is Centrally located for everyone, but after attending Championship games there, and also Massillon in the past, then this year at Canton ( throw out all the issues with parking & all the construction going on), which venue is better fit to watch the game, as a fan ?
Old 12-09-17, 05:35 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Canton
Old 12-09-17, 07:42 PM
All Region

valuska is on a distinguished road
Canton...no Columbus...no Canton...no Cincy...no Columbus....to be continued until August 2018.
Old 12-09-17, 08:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannoli137 View Post
I understand Columbus is Centrally located for everyone, but after attending Championship games there, and also Massillon in the past, then this year at Canton ( throw out all the issues with parking & all the construction going on), which venue is better fit to watch the game, as a fan ?
Canton...not even close.....love Woody's house, but if we could 50,000 in the stadium, then you might not feel like you are in a canyon....
Old 12-09-17, 10:38 PM
All Region

sam the butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Having only seen one game at TBHOF Stadium, and my allegiance aside, if it were up to me, just from a viewing standpoint, it would be....

Viewing

#1 PBTS
#2 TBHOF
#3 Ohio Stadium

Atmosphere

#1 PBTS
#2 TBHOF
#3 Ohio Stadium

Tradition

#1 PBTS
#2 Ohio Stadium
#3 TBHOF