Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-02-17, 06:06 PM
All District

BigRedNation76 is on a distinguished road
#2 needs an offer, CM fought hard, BR as expected won. CM offense scored 17. BR wins without our RB for a half. Cya next year. Back2Back
Old 12-02-17, 06:24 PM
All Region

Massie is on a distinguished road
Only player that came out of the game was from Steubenville. I guess ^^^ that guy should have gotten on the field to show how weak Massie was.
Old 12-02-17, 06:38 PM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massie View Post
Only player that came out of the game was from Steubenville. I guess ^^^ that guy should have gotten on the field to show how weak Massie was.
Leave it alone brother. The obvious better team won.
Old 12-02-17, 07:13 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Did BRN76 find anyone to shake his keys at?
Old 12-03-17, 02:07 PM
All Region

Once again Coach Sac showed his class by taking a knee at the one yard line.... although not important, scoring there would have set the division record for points. In my estimation not a good enough reason to punch it in. I do think that vicious cheap shot that #43 all 230 pounds of him put on our 125 pound kicker would have been reason to punch it in and rub their noses in it some. The VAUNTED CM rushing attack “piled up” all of 114 rushing yards and their “vaunted” defense gave up a record tying number of points and nearly 500 yards of offense. I cannot get that picture out of my mind of that very large cheap shot artist laying out that 125 pound kid.....who by the way got up and ran off the field under his own power. I applaud Coach Sac for having the class to allow CM to leave the field with a little dignity, I sure couldn’t have done it. We made a couple of special team mistakes.....if we didn’t, that running clock would have gotten me home in time and not miss the first quarter of the Buckeye game. Actually it was total domination on both sides of the ball. I noticed Coach McSomething used an excuse of not being at full strength. Well when Barnyard went down our 2nd RB went down shortly after and we played 3 quarters with our number 3 RB. I think in week 15 no one is at full strength.....it’s the ones that can overcome it that win championships. ROLL RED ROLL....See you next year same place same time.....so we can move to 3-0 against those mighty falcons.
Old 12-03-17, 02:47 PM
All World

RedBlack_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Once again Coach Sac showed his class by taking a knee at the one yard line.... although not important, scoring there would have set the division record for points. In my estimation not a good enough reason to punch it in. I do think that vicious cheap shot that #43 all 230 pounds of him put on our 125 pound kicker would have been reason to punch it in and rub their noses in it some. The VAUNTED CM rushing attack “piled up” all of 114 rushing yards and their “vaunted” defense gave up a record tying number of points and nearly 500 yards of offense. I cannot get that picture out of my mind of that very large cheap shot artist laying out that 125 pound kid.....who by the way got up and ran off the field under his own power. I applaud Coach Sac for having the class to allow CM to leave the field with a little dignity, I sure couldn’t have done it. We made a couple of special team mistakes.....if we didn’t, that running clock would have gotten me home in time and not miss the first quarter of the Buckeye game. Actually it was total domination on both sides of the ball. I noticed Coach McSomething used an excuse of not being at full strength. Well when Barnyard went down our 2nd RB went down shortly after and we played 3 quarters with our number 3 RB. I think in week 15 no one is at full strength.....it’s the ones that can overcome it that win championships. ROLL RED ROLL....See you next year same place same time.....so we can move to 3-0 against those mighty falcons.
The pot hath been stirred.

We had some unfortunate things happen over the course of the game, no doubt. You have to tip your cap to CM for staying in the game despite getting punched in the mouth in the first quarter, though. A lot of teams may have folded in that situation. They showed me why they were in the state championship game by continuing to come at us.

I didn't see the hit that you're referencing but, at the end of the day, if a team wants to get into an anything-goes physical game with Big Red and the officials are allowing it to happen ... let's just say I like our chances in that scenario. I'll have to look out for that hit when we get a chance to see the replay.

I'd be curious to know how many programs have won state title in three different divisions. We now have a Division II crown in 1984, two Division III titles in 2005-06 and a Division IV ring in 2017.

I would assume Mooney has done it. Anyone else?

RRR
Old 12-03-17, 06:11 PM
All Region

The officials did catch it penalized CM for s personal foul. It was a classic bullie move.
Old 12-03-17, 07:50 PM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlack_Attack View Post
The pot hath been stirred.

We had some unfortunate things happen over the course of the game, no doubt. You have to tip your cap to CM for staying in the game despite getting punched in the mouth in the first quarter, though. A lot of teams may have folded in that situation. They showed me why they were in the state championship game by continuing to come at us.

I didn't see the hit that you're referencing but, at the end of the day, if a team wants to get into an anything-goes physical game with Big Red and the officials are allowing it to happen ... let's just say I like our chances in that scenario. I'll have to look out for that hit when we get a chance to see the replay.

I'd be curious to know how many programs have won state title in three different divisions. We now have a Division II crown in 1984, two Division III titles in 2005-06 and a Division IV ring in 2017.

I would assume Mooney has done it. Anyone else?

RRR

Marion Local has state titles in

DV 2007

DVI 2000, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017

DVII 2013, 2014
Old 12-03-17, 09:25 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Game over. Countdown to running clock. Congratulations to The university of St Steubenville Christian brothers academy on another title.
Hey moron, you have no dog in this fight so go lay back down by your bowl and go to sleep. Hubbard? Definition of a grade below mediocre. You have an OE district and take in OE students.... the whispers about Hubbard will soon be screams. Hate, envy and jealousy are destructive emotions Sportster.
Old 12-03-17, 10:13 PM
All World

RedBlack_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
Marion Local has state titles in

DV 2007

DVI 2000, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017

DVII 2013, 2014
Ah yes... I should have known they would have done it with the introduction of a 7th division a few years back.

So, Big Red, Mooney and MF. Anyone else? Other possibilities are Ursuline and Benedictine. Maybe Newark Catholic?
Old 12-03-17, 10:37 PM
All Region

YTOWN
Quote:
Ah yes... I should have known they would have done it with the introduction of a 7th division a few years back.

So, Big Red, Mooney and MF. Anyone else? Other possibilities are Ursuline and Benedictine. Maybe Newark Catholic?
Mooney has actually won titles in 4 divisions. Their first was in AAA which was the equivalent of D1, they beat Moeller in the first playoff game the two schools ever played back in 73. They added two titles in D2, three in D3 and two in D4.

Benedictine has titles in D2, D3 and D4. They also won one in AA but to me that is the same as D2 or D3.

I think Minster is the same as Marion Local with titles in D5, D6 and D7.

Canton Central Catholic has titles in D3, D4 and D5.

I think that's it but there may be another school that has done it. I know of a few others that have won titles in two divisions.
Old 12-04-17, 09:57 AM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Interesting footnote, the two years that Marion Local was DVII, 2013 they beat the eventual DV state champion Coldwater during the regular season. In 2014 they beat both Coldwater (eventual DV champ), and Minster ( DVI champ) during regular season league play.
Old 12-04-17, 01:42 PM
All Region

Massie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
All this and you're telling me to leave it alone???