Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-04-17, 11:30 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
That’s a joke. Davidson would physically beat up any team in the MAC. You folks who are buying into this “Marion Local can beat the top big boys” really don’t understand what role enrollment size plays. That’s why they have 7 divisions. Most of you are forgetting that ML is not the first small school dynasty. Newark Catholic was winning titles and setting playoff records before anyone ever heard of the MAC. The great JD Graham would be the first to tell you that his great teams could not compete with the Iggy’s and St Ed’s. MAC fans should be ecstatic and enjoy their dominance instead of trying to be more than they are.....Big School Champions. Besides whether or not they can compete is and always will be conjecture.
The "they" I referenced in my post was Massillon, not MSML.
Old 12-04-17, 12:05 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
That’s a joke. Davidson would physically beat up any team in the MAC. You folks who are buying into this “Marion Local can beat the top big boys” really don’t understand what role enrollment size plays. That’s why they have 7 divisions. Most of you are forgetting that ML is not the first small school dynasty. Newark Catholic was winning titles and setting playoff records before anyone ever heard of the MAC. The great JD Graham would be the first to tell you that his great teams could not compete with the Iggy’s and St Ed’s. MAC fans should be ecstatic and enjoy their dominance instead of trying to be more than they are.....Big School Champions. Besides whether or not they can compete is and always will be conjecture.
Calm down, they were talking about Massillon Washington and Davidson not any school from the MAC...
Old 12-04-17, 07:08 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I am in no way affiliated with any MAC school but a huge HS Football fans who watches hundreds of games a season including MAC games as well as games all across the state of Ohio as well as other states. I am one who has stated that the top tier MAC school would beat at least 50% of D1 schools as well as the majority of schools in D2-D5. I do not think Marion Local would be able to beat Pick-Central, Hoban, or Trotwood this year. As for d4, yes, Marion Local could beat Clinton Massie if they win it.... I have yet to see Steubenville this year so no comment.

I base my opinion based on games I have seen over the years and my power ratings. The MAC have proven they can beat teams bigger and faster than them and have beaten some very solid clubs in Mooney and Ursuline. It rarely happens but when a MAC school has played a D1 team they have won every time.

I have often made claims that Parkway would beat Moeller and I hope all of those who have read that did not take me seriously but rather that I was just mess'n with the MAC hater in Hoser.....

Congrats to the MAC winning 2 more state titles this year and proving year in and out that they are the BEST conference in the state of Ohio.....
Uh, "Mactosis"is a terrible disease. Uh very intelligent people lose all touch with reality. Uh you are saying schools who play 7 kids both ways, could compete with the best teams in the state. Uh I take you very seriously until you talk about the MAC. Uh GCL south JV teams would smoke all the MAC varsity teams. Its all about numbers.
Old 12-04-17, 09:33 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Trotwood Madison 98 Marion Local 0
Because the scoreboard only held two digits.
Parkway 99 Bishop Hartley 0

Only 99 pts. because Parkway feels sorry for the Hawks.
Old 12-04-17, 10:21 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Parkway 99 Bishop Hartley 0
Nah. We can handle you. I think we'd have a decent shot at scoring. Looking at common opponents not named Coldwater, we're 6-0 all time against the mighty Spencerville Bearcats. Also undefeated against Anna and St Henry. 1-2 vs Versailles though. You guys ever beat The Man?
Old 12-04-17, 10:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Nah. We can handle you. I think we'd have a decent shot at scoring. Looking at common opponents not named Coldwater, we're 6-0 all time against the mighty Spencerville Bearcats. Also undefeated against Anna and St Henry. 1-2 vs Versailles though. You guys ever beat The Man?
Have an opening the 1st game of next year, lets find out.
Old 12-04-17, 10:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Sorry. We're booked at Toledo Central Catholic. Crestview finally gave up on you guys, eh? Go to Toledo Christian - more your speed and the names are similar. We'll laugh at you on 75.
Old 12-04-17, 10:45 PM
All District

CCHS93 is on a distinguished road
I think the MAC would do well against many D1-D3 programs. The MAC teams typically have teams far bigger than other schools their size and more like the size of bigger schools. I am not sure they would win week in and week out, because of depth.
Old 12-04-17, 11:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Sorry. We're booked at Toledo Central Catholic. Crestview finally gave up on you guys, eh? Go to Toledo Christian - more your speed and the names are similar. We'll laugh at you on 75.
Just like you laughed at Coldwater, 3 times in 2 years.
Old 12-05-17, 05:59 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHS93 View Post
I think the MAC would do well against many D1-D3 programs. The MAC teams typically have teams far bigger than other schools their size and more like the size of bigger schools. I am not sure they would win week in and week out, because of depth.
The top MAC teams would beat the bottom of D1 (the Westlands of the world) but have no chance against 80-90% of them.
Old 12-05-17, 07:18 AM
All American

Quote:
Just like you laughed at Coldwater, 3 times in 2 years.
Parkway is no Coldwater. The MAC is awesome, and it usually has 4 or 5 teams every season capable of winning a state title in their division if they don't have to face other MAC teams along the way. But you're taking the coattail riding just a little too far.
Old 12-05-17, 07:31 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
The top MAC teams would beat the bottom of D1 (the Westlands of the world) but have no chance against 80-90% of them.
Marion Local would win consistently against at least half the OCC, and they'd finish in the top half of regions 2 and 3 most seasons. Region 1 and 4 - definitely not. In 2017, they'd be around 12 in region 4 if they played only a partial GWOC or GMC schedule. In region 1, playing a non conference schedule, they'd get mauled by basement dwellers like Glen Oak and Shaker Heights.
Old 12-05-17, 09:35 AM
All American

Quote:
Parkway is no Coldwater. The MAC is awesome, and it usually has 4 or 5 teams every season capable of winning a state title in their division if they don't have to face other MAC teams along the way. But you're taking the coattail riding just a little too far.
Not a Parkway fan, just returning the " smack" after you posted TM would beat ML 98-0.
Old 12-05-17, 09:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Not a Parkway fan, just returning the " smack" after you posted TM would beat ML 98-0.
It's a good antidote for MACtosis, I've heard. More like 33-0. They'd miss a couple extra points.
Old 12-05-17, 10:15 AM
All American

Quote:
It's a good antidote for MACtosis, I've heard. More like 33-0. They'd miss a couple extra points.
I agree, ML does struggle with their xp's on occasion.
Old 12-05-17, 10:29 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
tell us how the Newark catholic got into the playoffs.....way back then???
Old 12-05-17, 10:41 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Top tier Coldwater/Marion Local teams vs GWOC North teams

Troy- Would beat them most years or be a push/toss up
Sidney- Would beat them most years
Piqua- Would beat them most years
Greenville- Would beat them every time
Vandalia- Would beat them every time
Tipp- Would beat them every time

D2 and D3 schools that would want nothing to do with the MAC.
Old 12-06-17, 07:24 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Uh, please list all the MAC players who have a D1 scholly offer. Uh that's what I thought, its one , and he didn't dominate anyone in that state championship game. Uh, kid will never see the field at Notre Dame.
Old 12-07-17, 11:49 AM
All District

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
ML would have no problem playing any team if it were only a one week basis. The MAC is one tough league and those kids are very well coached football players. I don't think that ML would be able to survive a schedule of D1-3 schools due to the wear and tear, but a one shot deal, yes. CW would be fine dealing with one or two bigger schools, but no small school can withstand the wear and tear of a schedule much larger than itself.

I look at my own alma mater, Canton Central Catholic, which due to on the field success and not being in a league, was forced to play many teams well above their enrollment and size. The end result was a 3-6 season that included only one game against a team that was their size or smaller (STA), and was comprised of mainly D1-3 teams. In other years, they have been fortunate to secure like-sized teams to fill the bulk of the schedule, and still play one or two big schools, like Massillon Perry or Jackson. Either way, it is simply not plausible to assume that any small school would or could play up every week with any success. However, it is high school football and kids get amped up for certain games and play above themselves.

The part that is offensive in this thread is any assumption that the MAC is somewhat overrated. This is one the highest quality leagues in the state of Ohio and should be given its respect as it is earned. MAC football is second to none in small schools and is a blueprint of success in the future of this dwindling sport.
Old 12-07-17, 12:04 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, please list all the MAC players who have a D1 scholly offer. Uh that's what I thought, its one , and he didn't dominate anyone in that state championship game. Uh, kid will never see the field at Notre Dame.
So says the expert, who said CJ was a below avg. to avg. football team.
Old 12-07-17, 12:52 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
And yet CJ went how far in the Playoffs and was eliminated by who?
Old 12-07-17, 01:04 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
And yet CJ went how far in the Playoffs and was eliminated by who?
D-3 regional final, lost to TM. I would say though that CJ was more than a below avg. or avg. D-3 football team. My point is hoser is clueless whether judging a football player who ND gave a scholarship too or how good a football team is.
Old 12-07-17, 01:11 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
D-3 regional final, lost to TM. I would say though that CJ was more than a below avg. or avg. D-3 football team. My point is hoser is clueless whether judging a football player who ND gave a scholarship too or how good a football team is.
Hoser is a twit...
Old 12-07-17, 01:31 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
lets see, should we believe some guy who lives in his Mom's basement and is nothing more then a troll, or should we go with the ND staff that offered the boy even after he broke his leg?
Old 12-07-17, 02:07 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
MACtosis is my favorite yappi insult. The punch always lands. But no disrespect to those communities, they are awesome.
Old 12-07-17, 05:25 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
lets see, should we believe some guy who lives in his Mom's basement and is nothing more then a troll, or should we go with the ND staff that offered the boy even after he broke his leg?
Uh, actually I live in the attic. Uh I watched the Marion game to check out the big time tackle who is going to Notre Dame. Uh he was playing against small school d-lineman, and I saw nothing that would lead me to believe he can compete at Notre Dames level.I guess we will see.
Old 12-07-17, 05:37 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Uh, fact is it is one kid who got a D1 school scholly. Uh I watched this kid in the state game and I didn't see a dominant player. Uh Mom kicked me out years ago but somehow I keep going.
Old 12-08-17, 08:19 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Top tier Coldwater/Marion Local teams vs GWOC North teams

Troy- Would beat them most years or be a push/toss up
Sidney- Would beat them most years
Piqua- Would beat them most years
Greenville- Would beat them every time
Vandalia- Would beat them every time
Tipp- Would beat them every time

D2 and D3 schools that would want nothing to do with the MAC.
Uh Lasalle, Winton Woods,Trotwood, and all the D1 schools in SW Ohio would massacre Marion Local. Uh is Marion Local an excellent small school team? Absolutely. Uh are they a top 25 team in the state all divisions? Noway.
Old 12-08-17, 08:23 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Uh, I repeat, please list all the MAC players who got D1 scholly offers. Uh I believe it is only one. Uh Moeller who finished near the bottom of the GCL south, will have 3 or 4 kids go D1.