Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-04-17, 08:16 AM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 368
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Walnut doesn't have an online school, that was some of the many shady things that Leinheart was doing.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-04-17, 09:02 AM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 267
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange82 View Post
Its not about what Walnut brings to the ECC but what the ECC brings to Walnut. When you look to expand you don't usually do so by kicking 2 schools out! Football focus does not mean football only. I think everyone is correct about the 3 most likely being Little Miami, Winton Woods and Western Brown. Winton Woods rubbed a lot of people in the ECC the wrong way when they claimed racism was the reason they weren't in the initial ECC. Personally I'm not thrilled with any of them because they are all about a 40 minute drive. LM makes sense for Kings, Loveland and Milford though. WB is growing but it seems like they were just D5 a few years ago. If I had to guess I'd say LM & WW. Though WW replacing LM in the SWOC could make regional sense joining fellow D2 neighbors, Mt Healthy, Northwest, Harrison.

It will be interesting to see who wants in.
Mt Healthy and Northwest are D3, always just one student exactly under the max for D3. No matter what the max is; always thought that was interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-04-17, 10:28 AM
DaPope DaPope is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-24-12
Posts: 829
DaPope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan76 View Post
Isn't Loveland open enrollment also?
No, they are not.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-04-17, 11:29 AM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,048
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
As a fan I would say screw the ECC and SWOC!! For varies reasons they didn't want WW. Depends on who you ask and whom is in the room. For the sake of the kids and sports administration I hope they get in. What is different know? They didn't want WW!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-04-17, 12:18 PM
llthayes19 llthayes19 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 51
llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
As a fan I would say screw the ECC and SWOC!! For varies reasons they didn't want WW. Depends on who you ask and whom is in the room. For the sake of the kids and sports administration I hope they get in. What is different know? They didn't want WW!
I said the samething, what's so different about Winton Woods now from when the league was secretly from without them then.


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-04-17, 12:38 PM
peanut peanut is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-18-06
Location: on this computer
Posts: 1,545
peanut is on a distinguished road
Changed ?

Let's make Cincinnati GREAT again
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-04-17, 06:55 PM
Vinegar Vinegar is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-02-17
Posts: 78
Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Why not WW to GMC?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-04-17, 07:00 PM
llthayes19 llthayes19 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 51
llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
Why not WW to GMC?
GMC doesn't want to be beat by them either. They would have the best chance of ending Colerain's 17 year run at winning the GMC title

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-04-17, 08:08 PM
rip_JackTatum rip_JackTatum is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,449
rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Technically you have to pass a test, but legally you don't. Many students go there without passing the test because the law says that public schools must accept EVERYONE. If you didn't pass the Walnut test and raise enough H*ll then they must let you in. Many parents have figured this out, it's a little secret that Walnut doesn't want to get out. If you could legally have an entrance test as a requirement, why wouldn't every school have one? It's all smoke and mirrors, anyone can go to Walnut, ANYONE.
Getting in and STAYING IN for 6 years are two different matters.
Latin I Latin II Latin III and Sino Soviet Totalitarianism cut no slack.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-04-17, 09:31 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 21,790
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by llthayes19 View Post
GMC doesn't want to be beat by them either. They would have the best chance of ending Colerain's 17 year run at winning the GMC title
Maybe this year but then again I doubt it. However since going "independent" why would you think WW would win a bunch of GMC titles? I mean the Warriors haven't played a lot of games since 2013 against the better GMC teams. I guess their OT 27 - 24 win over Lakota West in 2013 might have been a good year for WW in the GMC but there's nothing about that win that makes me think they beat Colerain that year. We could go to 2014 but WW lost to Mason 22 - 0 that year and in 2015 WW lost to Mason again 41 - 27. Doubt the Warriors make a whole bunch of noise in either of those years in the GMC.

Look the reasons that WW is not asked to join the GMC have been articulated over and over again on Yappi and it has NOTHING to do with the GMC's fear of the Warriors in football.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-04-17, 09:34 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 21,790
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
Why not WW to GMC?
Main reasons are that WW is D2 and the GMC is trying to be an all D1 conference. This is especially critical since moving to an 8 game league schedule. The other main reason is the perception that the Warriors would struggle in a lot of the "lessor" sports that are important to the GMC. The third is that even if they wanted to add WW someone else would have to come in with them to keep it an even number of teams.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-04-17, 09:48 PM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 368
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_JackTatum View Post
Getting in and STAYING IN for 6 years are two different matters.
Latin I Latin II Latin III and Sino Soviet Totalitarianism cut no slack.
Another dirty secret of Walnut, they cannot "force" students out for lack of academic performance. They do force many out after 8th grade, but you can have Ds and Fs and they cannot force you out due to poor academics, despite what they want you to think. Legally, public schools cannot do this. More and more parents are becoming savvy of this and that is one of many reasons their numbers are exploding, and the overall quality of student is declining. Principals are concerned with graduating students, so they make sure that they graduate since that is one of the most important things on their evaluations, especially in CPS. How would it look if Walnut's numbers were going up steadily, but the 4 year graduation rate was not increasing? Can't have that for Walnut. Also, if you make it to 9th grade at Walnut, you will graduate, because in Ohio, if you change schools anytime after you start freshman year, you are counted against the school's dropout rate. Again, can't have that at Walnut. Walnut Hills today is not quite the school it was 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-04-17, 09:51 PM
Vinegar Vinegar is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-02-17
Posts: 78
Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Main reasons are that WW is D2 and the GMC is trying to be an all D1 conference. This is especially critical since moving to an 8 game league schedule. The other main reason is the perception that the Warriors would struggle in a lot of the "lessor" sports that are important to the GMC. The third is that even if they wanted to add WW someone else would have to come in with them to keep it an even number of teams.
All good points...but, I heard Sycamore was bolting to ECC. Already a done deal.

IF so, then what?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-04-17, 10:02 PM
llthayes19 llthayes19 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 51
llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
All good points...but, I heard Sycamore was bolting to ECC. Already a done deal.

IF so, then what?
They don't want Winton Woods in the GMC because they have the possibility of being another Colerain in football

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-04-17, 10:20 PM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 368
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
All good points...but, I heard Sycamore was bolting to ECC. Already a done deal.

IF so, then what?
That could really make things interesting & set up a HUGE ripple effect.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-04-17, 10:34 PM
W@rrior 11 W@rrior 11 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-14-09
Location: Cincinnati & Charlotte
Posts: 547
W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
All good points...but, I heard Sycamore was bolting to ECC. Already a done deal.

IF so, then what?
That would be very interesting but I still don't see WW going to GMC or ECC. WW best bet is SWOC because they would be able to compete somewhat with the other sports.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-04-17, 10:41 PM
Vinegar Vinegar is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-02-17
Posts: 78
Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by llthayes19 View Post
They don't want Winton Woods in the GMC because they have the possibility of being another Colerain in football

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
GMC needs another Colerain!

In football....

:-)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-04-17, 11:19 PM
llthayes19 llthayes19 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 51
llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Maybe this year but then again I doubt it. However since going "independent" why would you think WW would win a bunch of GMC titles? I mean the Warriors haven't played a lot of games since 2013 against the better GMC teams. I guess their OT 27 - 24 win over Lakota West in 2013 might have been a good year for WW in the GMC but there's nothing about that win that makes me think they beat Colerain that year. We could go to 2014 but WW lost to Mason 22 - 0 that year and in 2015 WW lost to Mason again 41 - 27. Doubt the Warriors make a whole bunch of noise in either of those years in the GMC.

Look the reasons that WW is not asked to join the GMC have been articulated over and over again on Yappi and it has NOTHING to do with the GMC's fear of the Warriors in football.
Someone told you wrong brother. Since 2008 WW is 11-5 against GMC teams. Mason was the only to beat them twice 2014 and 2015. In 2013 they beat Mason 48-7. Since they was playing a independent schedule in 2012 WW is 8-2 vs the GMC. And as of 2016 the GMC has all together stopped playing WW. They team WW has beaten the GMC is Oak Hills and Colerain. Colerain has turned down playing WW in the Old Skyline Classic. WW has applied for the GMC and was nicely turned down. Make no mistake about it football is King in the GMC and in Cincinnati. These conferences want no part of WW for the reasons why the Ft. Ancient didn't want them in there. Which is the reason why you have the ECC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-04-17, 11:22 PM
llthayes19 llthayes19 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 51
llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
GMC needs another Colerain!

In football....

:-)
I totally agree! I have watched them agaisnt each other 7 on 7 the past two years. And have watched the WW/Colerain O Line and D Line bang each others bodies up. And needless to say the real game played by these two would be an epic game of the week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-04-17, 11:45 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 21,790
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by llthayes19 View Post
Someone told you wrong brother. Since 2008 WW is 11-5 against GMC teams. Mason was the only to beat them twice 2014 and 2015. In 2013 they beat Mason 48-7. Since they was playing a independent schedule in 2012 WW is 8-2 vs the GMC. And as of 2016 the GMC has all together stopped playing WW. They team WW has beaten the GMC is Oak Hills and Colerain. Colerain has turned down playing WW in the Old Skyline Classic. WW has applied for the GMC and was nicely turned down. Make no mistake about it football is King in the GMC and in Cincinnati. These conferences want no part of WW for the reasons why the Ft. Ancient didn't want them in there. Which is the reason why you have the ECC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
11 - 5 is nothing special considering that in any given year half the teams in the GMC are not very good. As for 8 - 2 since going independent what's WW's record against top GMC teams during that period? I bet it's pretty close to 500. The back to back losses to Mason tell me that WW would not come close to dominating the GMC. Would they finish in the top half of the league every year and be one of the stronger football programs in the conference? Sure, but there would have been a couple of seasons the last few years that the Warriors would not have been in the top 3 in the GMC.

I also don't think Colerain is dodging WW out of fear given they schedule LaSalle & X every year.

As for the GMC not playing WW anymore in football I wasn't aware of that. Out of curiosity is this because of the 8 game GMC schedule or is there something else going on? And before you say "they are afraid to play us" check out the OOC schedule for GMC teams over the last couple of years. They are playing some tough competition.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-04-17, 11:50 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 21,790
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
GMC needs another Colerain!

In football....

:-)
What has WW done since going independent that makes you think they would be another Colerain? Don't get me wrong I'm not ragging on WW but claiming parity with a program that achieves at an elite level EVERY year like Colerain does is a stretch IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-04-17, 11:55 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 21,790
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
All good points...but, I heard Sycamore was bolting to ECC. Already a done deal.

IF so, then what?
Curious as to where you heard this? And are you confident it's a done deal because if it is they did a nice job of keeping it quiet.

As to your 2nd question, if Sycamore were to leave I suspect the GMC would play as a 9 team league, with a full 8 league games in football. They would do this until West Clermont has so many students the ECC tosses them out.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-05-17, 12:16 AM
llthayes19 llthayes19 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 51
llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
11 - 5 is nothing special considering that in any given year half the teams in the GMC are not very good. As for 8 - 2 since going independent what's WW's record against top GMC teams during that period? I bet it's pretty close to 500. The back to back losses to Mason tell me that WW would not come close to dominating the GMC. Would they finish in the top half of the league every year and be one of the stronger football programs in the conference? Sure, but there would have been a couple of seasons the last few years that the Warriors would not have been in the top 3 in the GMC.

I also don't think Colerain is dodging WW out of fear given they schedule LaSalle & X every year.

As for the GMC not playing WW anymore in football I wasn't aware of that. Out of curiosity is this because of the 8 game GMC schedule or is there something else going on? And before you say "they are afraid to play us" check out the OOC schedule for GMC teams over the last couple of years. They are playing some tough competition.
2013 beat East 25-20 beat Middletown 52-13 and beat Mason 48-7
2014 beat Princeton 42-12 and beat Hamilton 35-13 and lost to Mason
2015 beat Princeton 26-15 and lost mason 41-27
And trust me WW matches up totally different athleticly and speed wise with Colerain. Unlike the rest of the GMC. And keep in mine WW is a D2 school. Doesn't have the numbers enrollment wise as the other GMC schools. And the reason why I know they did not want to play Winton Woods and the skyline shootout is because there is an email hanging up on the walls of the Winton Woods athletic building. Stating from Richard Skinner that they have as Colerain two years in a row to play Winton Woods and Colerain has said no. Just like when I went to Winton Woods back in the late 80s when Princeton was King around here. Pat Mancuso declined play against us. From his own mouth he said he had more to lose then to game playing against us. And what you really don't know is, that the inner city has decided to back Winton Woods. And with open enrollment they're deciding to send the best athletes in the Inner City to Winton Woods. LaSalle will get some and so will Colerain. But for the most part these guys are all coming to Winton Woods. Winton Woods is basically trying to build a dynasty like Trotwood has via the Little League football system. Mark this day when I told you this. Winton Woods about to be a dynasty

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-05-17, 05:39 AM
redskin17 redskin17 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-11-05
Location: The land of Rattlesnakes
Posts: 10,107
redskin17 is on a distinguished road
Donít you need to win something to become a dynasty?

Also guessing this is DMRís new screenname


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-05-17, 05:41 AM
redskin17 redskin17 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-11-05
Location: The land of Rattlesnakes
Posts: 10,107
redskin17 is on a distinguished road
As for sycamore, I would like to see them in the ECC, their AD and principal did just come from Kings if I remember correctly, so there is some connection there, but I highly doubt they are leaving the GMC.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-05-17, 06:03 AM
llthayes19 llthayes19 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 51
llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin17 View Post
Donít you need to win something to become a dynasty?

Also guessing this is DMRís new screenname


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why I said trying to build. But you guys will see.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-05-17, 08:12 AM
redskin17 redskin17 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-11-05
Location: The land of Rattlesnakes
Posts: 10,107
redskin17 is on a distinguished road
Your not going to win a bunch of titles in D2, so not sure what kind of dynasty you are going to build.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-05-17, 08:33 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 21,790
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by llthayes19 View Post
2013 beat East 25-20 beat Middletown 52-13 and beat Mason 48-7
2014 beat Princeton 42-12 and beat Hamilton 35-13 and lost to Mason
2015 beat Princeton 26-15 and lost mason 41-27
And trust me WW matches up totally different athleticly and speed wise with Colerain. Unlike the rest of the GMC. And keep in mine WW is a D2 school. Doesn't have the numbers enrollment wise as the other GMC schools. And the reason why I know they did not want to play Winton Woods and the skyline shootout is because there is an email hanging up on the walls of the Winton Woods athletic building. Stating from Richard Skinner that they have as Colerain two years in a row to play Winton Woods and Colerain has said no. Just like when I went to Winton Woods back in the late 80s when Princeton was King around here. Pat Mancuso declined play against us. From his own mouth he said he had more to lose then to game playing against us. And what you really don't know is, that the inner city has decided to back Winton Woods. And with open enrollment they're deciding to send the best athletes in the Inner City to Winton Woods. LaSalle will get some and so will Colerain. But for the most part these guys are all coming to Winton Woods. Winton Woods is basically trying to build a dynasty like Trotwood has via the Little League football system. Mark this day when I told you this. Winton Woods about to be a dynasty

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You do realize that in your post you provided a couple of reasons why the GMC would never let you in the conference:

* I get posting bulletin board material on an opponent to fire a team up before a game but putting an email on PERMANENT display from Richard Skinner in order to convey the message that Colerain is afraid to play you guys is beyond over the top and for sure won't get you Colerain's vote to get into the league.

* You also have stated that a conspiracy exists to funnel the best "inner city" athletes to WW. Though for the life of me I'm not sure why the coaches at Taft (which is building a solid program) & the other CPS schools would support this. But you can see where the existence of a vast recruiting program might concern the powers that be in the GMC?

But I am beginning to get a sense for why WW is having trouble finding a league willing to take them in.

As for old school Princeton being afraid to play WW (and before that Forest Park) I highly doubt this. Why am I so sure, because during the 80's, 90's & early 2000's an average (at best) Fairfield football program beat first Forrest Park & later WW probably as often as they lost. And I can attest that during that same stretch the Vikings mostly beat FF.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-05-17, 09:20 AM
rip_JackTatum rip_JackTatum is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,449
rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Let it grow let it grow let it grow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Walnut, Withrow, West Clermont, Milford, and Kings are all Open Enrollment. That won't be an issue.
I wasn't aware that Kings, Milford and W Clermont were open enrollment. Boy times have changed on ole Jack Tatum.
If that's the case why not Winton Woods ? The addition would elevate the ECC football profile. Hopefully the object is not just to grow but grow STRONGER as a conference.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-05-17, 09:40 AM
rip_JackTatum rip_JackTatum is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,449
rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Another dirty secret of Walnut, they cannot "force" students out for lack of academic performance. They do force many out after 8th grade, but you can have Ds and Fs and they cannot force you out due to poor academics, despite what they want you to think. Legally, public schools cannot do this. More and more parents are becoming savvy of this and that is one of many reasons their numbers are exploding, and the overall quality of student is declining. Principals are concerned with graduating students, so they make sure that they graduate since that is one of the most important things on their evaluations, especially in CPS. How would it look if Walnut's numbers were going up steadily, but the 4 year graduation rate was not increasing? Can't have that for Walnut. Also, if you make it to 9th grade at Walnut, you will graduate, because in Ohio, if you change schools anytime after you start freshman year, you are counted against the school's dropout rate. Again, can't have that at Walnut. Walnut Hills today is not quite the school it was 10 years ago.
Tell the truth and shame the devil.....
You didn't get in did you
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D1 Cincy Match Ups Cincy_Futbol Boys Soccer 105 11-04-17 07:33 PM
ECC Week 9 awrestle Football 42 10-30-17 01:40 PM
ECC Opener Anderson vs Kings redskin17 Football 59 09-16-17 02:22 PM
ECC Predictions Week 3 DaProfess Football 25 09-09-17 08:34 PM
ECC predictions this season 2017 DaProfess Football 78 09-03-17 12:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz