Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-01-17, 08:28 AM
Freshman

LaneDixon is on a distinguished road
The ECC Growing ?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ols/904011001/

It appears as if the ECC is trying to move from an 8 team league up one that has 10 schools. Football would play 8 league games and allow schools to schedule the 9th as an out of conference game for that year.

Who will apply? Little Miami? I hate to bring it up ... Winton Woods?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-17, 08:39 AM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
WW was mentioned in the story. While there definitely would be perks to WW joining, they also have been doing fine as an independent school being able to schedule who they want. I would lean toward them joining, but I could see why they wouldn't as well.
Old 12-01-17, 09:01 AM
All American

oxat622
Little Miami makes sense. I live in the district and new homes are sprouting like weeds. I have to imagine it won't be long before they can consistently be competitive with other ECC schools. Other than that, I don't know who else would fit. I don't think a move to the ECC would help someone like Lebanon.

Western Brown maybe?
Old 12-01-17, 09:07 AM
All Region

coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
WW would be a great addition to the league. Travel time might suck for middle school sports because of rush hour but by 2020 my kid will be a junior, so that's someone else's problem.
Old 12-01-17, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

redskin17 is on a distinguished road
Off the top of my head, Little Miami, Western Brown, Winton Woods and Harrison are the ones I see as most viable.

Ones I could also see apply, Goshen, New Richmond, both of whom are growing.
Old 12-01-17, 11:11 AM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
I could see Western Brown, New Richmond, Little Miami, and Goshen apply. They seem to be the only schools that make sense size wise and geographically.
Old 12-01-17, 11:36 AM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
This is extremely interesting, and could impact the conference and local football landscape dramatically. ECC needs to focus on where they want to go & what they want to accomplish. Lebanon & Little Miami would be my 2 picks. Lebanon is D1 and Little Miami could be D1 soon. That would give the ECC 4 D1 schools and greatly improve Harbins for the Conference which would mean even more playoff teams! Those would be my 2 votes. Winton Woods would be a great football add in; however, do all the schools want to get beat up on by them each and every year? I don't think so, so I don't think they make it again. Western Brown is an absolutely atrocious idea. It would make travel awful for getting there. There is only 1 way in and out, and 32 is a nightmare on Fridays, ask anyone who has been to West Clermont for a game. Harrison, very similar, a terrible idea. It is the Eastern Cincinnati Conference, not the western most school in Ohio. I kid, but travel to that school is almost 40 miles for many ECC Schools, with Friday traffic, you gotta be kidding me. New Richmond is equally difficult to get to, but is D3, no way they make the cut.

Geographically, the ones that make the most sense would be schools like Goshen, Blanchester, & Batavia. I don't think ECC wants D3-5 schools.

A bigger issue would be what to do with Walnut & Withrow. They are the absolute doormat in football, and it will get WAY worse with expansion. Since the article states football is the main driver for expansion, how long do these two schools hang around for?

Lebanon & Little Miami, it makes the most sense for everyone!
Old 12-01-17, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Lebanon sees themselves more as a Dayton media market school.

Harrison has a lot of history with most of the schools in the ECC.
Old 12-01-17, 12:03 PM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
This is extremely interesting, and could impact the conference and local football landscape dramatically. ECC needs to focus on where they want to go & what they want to accomplish. Lebanon & Little Miami would be my 2 picks. Lebanon is D1 and Little Miami could be D1 soon. That would give the ECC 4 D1 schools and greatly improve Harbins for the Conference which would mean even more playoff teams! Those would be my 2 votes. Winton Woods would be a great football add in; however, do all the schools want to get beat up on by them each and every year? I don't think so, so I don't think they make it again. Western Brown is an absolutely atrocious idea. It would make travel awful for getting there. There is only 1 way in and out, and 32 is a nightmare on Fridays, ask anyone who has been to West Clermont for a game. Harrison, very similar, a terrible idea. It is the Eastern Cincinnati Conference, not the western most school in Ohio. I kid, but travel to that school is almost 40 miles for many ECC Schools, with Friday traffic, you gotta be kidding me. New Richmond is equally difficult to get to, but is D3, no way they make the cut.

Geographically, the ones that make the most sense would be schools like Goshen, Blanchester, & Batavia. I don't think ECC wants D3-5 schools.

A bigger issue would be what to do with Walnut & Withrow. They are the absolute doormat in football, and it will get WAY worse with expansion. Since the article states football is the main driver for expansion, how long do these two schools hang around for?

Lebanon & Little Miami, it makes the most sense for everyone!
walnut isn't going anywhere
Old 12-01-17, 12:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
walnut isn't going anywhere
Why not. What does Walnut actually bring to the conference? Especially since ECC stated that football is their main focus. Walnut has won a grand total of 7 conference games since the inception of the ECC. 8 if you count the forfeit W over Withrow when Withrow beat the tar out of them in a televised game.

Walnut doesn't belong, neither does Withrow for that matter, they should both move on.
Old 12-01-17, 12:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin17 View Post
Lebanon sees themselves more as a Dayton media market school.

Harrison has a lot of history with most of the schools in the ECC.
Both valid points, I just wonder how much success Lebanon will have being in the GWOC. Seems like the ECC would be a better fit to me. Dayton & Cincy are realistically 1 large metro now, like Dallas/Ft. Worth.
Old 12-01-17, 01:18 PM
All Yappi

Lebanon was just the #2 seed last year in R4. Having Springboro and Miamisburg is very appealing to Lebanon.

Cincinnati-Dayton no where close to being one metro, the middle needs to develop a lot more. having a better Airport in between both would go a long way to achieving that.
Old 12-01-17, 02:04 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin17 View Post
Lebanon was just the #2 seed last year in R4. Having Springboro and Miamisburg is very appealing to Lebanon.

Cincinnati-Dayton no where close to being one metro, the middle needs to develop a lot more. having a better Airport in between both would go a long way to achieving that.
I know Lebanon was the #2 in R4 just last season. I know that the closeness of Boro and Miamisburg is very attractive to Lebanon. My argument is that the ECC should make a strong push to at Lebanon and Little Miami. Lebanon would bring much more the the ECC than most schools, and will continue to grow.

Many geographers are predicting that the 2020 census will have Cincinnati & Dayton as 1 large Metro area. The middle isn't quite as barron as it used to be. The schools previously mentioned show how booming the areas north of Cincy and South of Dayton are. West Chester is Metro Cincy's largest area beyond Cincy proper, and everything north of there is exploding until you hit Dayton. Combining the two would make it a top 20 Metro Area by population of over 3 million.
Old 12-01-17, 02:10 PM
All American

KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
Lebanon turned down the ECC the first time around if I’m not mistaken. As a Kings person I’d rather be in the Gwoc division with Lebanon and Boro personally. The ECC is a better fit enrollment wise, I’ve just never liked being the only Warren County school in the conference.

If I had to guess Little Miami would rather be in the ecc than the swoc.
Old 12-01-17, 02:26 PM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why not. What does Walnut actually bring to the conference? Especially since ECC stated that football is their main focus. Walnut has won a grand total of 7 conference games since the inception of the ECC. 8 if you count the forfeit W over Withrow when Withrow beat the tar out of them in a televised game.

Walnut doesn't belong, neither does Withrow for that matter, they should both move on.
I agree. However, they both don't belong in the CMAC and with more schools going to an 8-game conference schedule, going indy doesn't make too much sense either.
Old 12-01-17, 04:01 PM
Junior Varsity

Orange82 is on a distinguished road
Its not about what Walnut brings to the ECC but what the ECC brings to Walnut. When you look to expand you don't usually do so by kicking 2 schools out! Football focus does not mean football only. I think everyone is correct about the 3 most likely being Little Miami, Winton Woods and Western Brown. Winton Woods rubbed a lot of people in the ECC the wrong way when they claimed racism was the reason they weren't in the initial ECC. Personally I'm not thrilled with any of them because they are all about a 40 minute drive. LM makes sense for Kings, Loveland and Milford though. WB is growing but it seems like they were just D5 a few years ago. If I had to guess I'd say LM & WW. Though WW replacing LM in the SWOC could make regional sense joining fellow D2 neighbors, Mt Healthy, Northwest, Harrison.

It will be interesting to see who wants in.
Old 12-01-17, 04:07 PM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
I doubt you will see any SBAAC schools enter for a spot. That might be a different story if Massie and Wilmington hasn’t entered the league but I think for the first time in a long time, the SBAAC is well balanced, competitive respective to their size/divisions and geographically they’re in a good spot. Little Miami would have to be in I would think, and Lebanon would be the next best bet but from Posts here, that doesn’t sound like a lock
Old 12-01-17, 05:34 PM
Junior Varsity

aztecjim is on a distinguished road
My useless two cents worth. Walnut Hills and Withrow move to the SWOPL/CMAC. Little Miami and Sycamore to the ECC and Middletown to the GWOC. Both the ECC and GMC have eight schools.
Old 12-01-17, 05:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecjim View Post
My useless two cents worth. Walnut Hills and Withrow move to the SWOPL/CMAC. Little Miami and Sycamore to the ECC and Middletown to the GWOC. Both the ECC and GMC have eight schools.

Which completely defeats why they want to expand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-17, 05:17 AM
Junior Varsity

aztecjim is on a distinguished road
OTOH the Enquirer article says part of the issue was the GMC moving to an eight game football schedule leaving ECC schools with less OOC choices. If both leagues have seven game conference schedules, that frees things up.
Old 12-02-17, 07:32 AM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecjim View Post
OTOH the Enquirer article says part of the issue was the GMC moving to an eight game football schedule leaving ECC schools with less OOC choices. If both leagues have seven game conference schedules, that frees things up.
I don’t think the GMC is really costing the ECC all that much. There’s plenty of options out there. SWOC, SWBL (larger division schools), GCL (Smaller schools), GWOC and the better teams from the SBC and the CHL. To be honest, having a team from Columbus wouldn’t the end of the world either.
Old 12-03-17, 10:49 PM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
This is very interesting. We all know WW will apply but I'm not so sure they will get in. Yes WW is good in football but I think the conference objective is to get as many playoff teams in as possible. I do think the format could be successful because look at the GMC however region 4 and region 8 are very different due to the GMC being pretty much 1/3 of the region. Adding Winton Woods does nothing for the conference in football because in region 8 you cant afford to lose 3 times. I'm definitely not saying WW will sweep the conference every year but they will always be at or near the top in football.

My prediction is if they take Little Miami then they will not take Winton Woods because the SWOC will be looking to replace LM. Which wouldn't be too bad for WW since it is a 7 team league they still will be able to schedule D1 schools plus have a few bye weeks while not playing the GCL-S.
Old 12-03-17, 11:32 PM
Varsity

llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by W@rrior 11 View Post
This is very interesting. We all know WW will apply but I'm not so sure they will get in. Yes WW is good in football but I think the conference objective is to get as many playoff teams in as possible. I do think the format could be successful because look at the GMC however region 4 and region 8 are very different due to the GMC being pretty much 1/3 of the region. Adding Winton Woods does nothing for the conference in football because in region 8 you cant afford to lose 3 times. I'm definitely not saying WW will sweep the conference every year but they will always be at or near the top in football.

My prediction is if they take Little Miami then they will not take Winton Woods because the SWOC will be looking to replace LM. Which wouldn't be too bad for WW since it is a 7 team league they still will be able to schedule D1 schools plus have a few bye weeks while not playing the GCL-S.
I don't any is going to take WW, which is sad! If they was being those possible teams in conference starting next season WW woulf have a chance. But this process is going to take 2/3 years. And if you knew what I know WW is loaded for at least down to their 8th grade class. They will be ridiculous at the skilled positions for years to come. If they have another season like this past season I season the ECC voting them in for the fear of them running through the league in football. At the end of they day no one wants to lose to a dynasty. And that is exactly what they are building.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-17, 12:30 AM
All American

rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
I believe the closed enrollment programs of the ECC will have an issue adding an "open" enrollment program. Just no ones openly talking about it.
Old 12-04-17, 12:36 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_JackTatum View Post
I believe the closed enrollment programs of the ECC will have an issue adding an "open" enrollment program. Just no ones openly talking about it.
Bingo rip Jack Tatum!!

Old 12-04-17, 06:22 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_JackTatum View Post
Walnut, Withrow, West Clermont, Milford, and Kings are all Open Enrollment. That won't be an issue.
Old 12-04-17, 06:33 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Walnut, Withrow, West Clermont, Milford, and Kings are all Open Enrollment. That won't be an issue.
I wouldn't necessarily call Walnut an open enrollment. Because have you to take test and pass a test to get in. but I get what you mean. Well I hope they take Winton Woods. Those kids have played long enough without a chance to win a conference title.

Old 12-04-17, 07:12 AM
All Region

coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Isn't Loveland open enrollment also?

Last edited by coltfan76; 12-04-17 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-04-17, 07:24 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by llthayes19 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily call Walnut an open enrollment. Because have you to take test and pass a test to get in. but I get what you mean. Well I hope they take Winton Woods. Those kids have played long enough without a chance to win a conference title.

Technically you have to pass a test, but legally you don't. Many students go there without passing the test because the law says that public schools must accept EVERYONE. If you didn't pass the Walnut test and raise enough H*ll then they must let you in. Many parents have figured this out, it's a little secret that Walnut doesn't want to get out. If you could legally have an entrance test as a requirement, why wouldn't every school have one? It's all smoke and mirrors, anyone can go to Walnut, ANYONE.
Old 12-04-17, 07:32 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Technically you have to pass a test, but legally you don't. Many students go there without passing the test because the law says that public schools must accept EVERYONE. If you didn't pass the Walnut test and raise enough H*ll then they must let you in. Many parents have figured this out, it's a little secret that Walnut doesn't want to get out. If you could legally have an entrance test as a requirement, why wouldn't every school have one? It's all smoke and mirrors, anyone can go to Walnut, ANYONE.
Actually you have to be in district now. When Brian Leinhart was there he exposed that hidden rule. And they had that online school. But I guess with all the complaints from the adminstration they kinda changed the rules to you need to be in the district to go to their online school. But you probably right, even though they changed it. Its probably still a rule that many don't know about.