Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-06-17, 05:07 PM
All District

BoomBoom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
You could watch all of those for free now and no one does. No one would ever buy a ticket.
Precisely. I wonder what the effect would be on education, if people DID attend and watch.

What do you think?

If teachers AND students knew for a certainty, that some person would be in English class every day to witness the proceedings?
Old 12-06-17, 05:12 PM
All District

Quote:
No. Schools have extracurricular activities because of their educational value. If football is the product, the players are the consumers.

Your basic premise is incorrect.
people don't PAY to see the educational value. they pay because of the entertainment value: the paying customers are the consumers of the entertainment.

we aren't discussing why schools have extracurricular activities: we are discussing how much someone will pay to watch the peformance of the extracurricular activities.

some extracurricular performances are displayed for free. some performances are not free, depending on the entertainment value.
Old 12-06-17, 06:16 PM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
some extracurricular performances are displayed for free. some performances are not free, depending on the entertainment value.
Then why do they charge the same for boys and girls basketball? The one is not remotely as entertaining as the other.

You're out of your depth on this topic.
Old 12-06-17, 07:23 PM
All District

Quote:
Then why do they charge the same for boys and girls basketball? The one is not remotely as entertaining as the other.

You're out of your depth on this topic.

1: The topic is not the relative entertainment value of boy's versus girl's competitions and so your post is what's known as a red herring having nothing to do with the topic.

2: You apparently agree that the only reason anyone will pay anything to see any interscholastic competition is due to its entertainment value which has nothing to do with the educational benefit to each individual.

3. the topic is: how much will a person pay to see a high school football game? which is directly proportional to the perceived entertainment value to the consumer of the entertainment. there is no arguing this reality.

4: and if girls played football I would be of the opinion that it would be more entertaining than the boys.
Old 12-06-17, 08:43 PM
All American

SuperD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
How much could a ticket to a HSFB game possibly cost that would require this thread? If anything tickets should cost twice what they do and students (of the schools playing) should go free.
Old 12-06-17, 08:44 PM
All American

Quote:
1: The topic is not the relative entertainment value of boy's versus girl's competitions and so your post is what's known as a red herring having nothing to do with the topic.
No. The ticket price of the girls game is not determined by its entertainment value, so my comment is completely relevant and contradicts you.

Quote:
2: You apparently agree that the only reason anyone will pay anything to see any interscholastic competition is due to its entertainment value which has nothing to do with the educational benefit to each individual.
I absolutely do not agree.

Quote:
3. the topic is: how much will a person pay to see a high school football game? which is directly proportional to the perceived entertainment value to the consumer of the entertainment. there is no arguing this reality.
Except that you are completely wrong. People attend for a variety of reasons e.g., to support a family member, to be with their friends.

Quote:
4: and if girls played football I would be of the opinion that it would be more entertaining than the boys.
OK, but you are wrong about everything else so your opinion doesn't mean much.
Old 12-06-17, 10:03 PM
All District

Quote:
No. The ticket price of the girls game is not determined by its entertainment value, so my comment is completely relevant and contradicts you.
So in your opinion the ticket price is above the actual entertainment value - you express that opinion by not attending girl's basketball games, and therefore proving me correct: the entertainment value to you is zero, and that is what you pay. your comment is completely irrelevant: the topic "what is your price limit when it comes to high school football" has nothing to do with girls basketball or boys basketball. do you know what the word relevant means?

Quote:
I absolutely do not agree.
well, then what else is the reason why a person pays to see a game? to see what educational value the scrubs on the bench got out of it? to hear the marching band halftime show? could be.

Quote:
Except that you are completely wrong. People attend for a variety of reasons e.g., to support a family member, to be with their friends.
snore. the topic is about the price that the casual generic HS football fan would pay, to see a random high school football game, not family members. you have a very bad red herring habit, which is typical on bulletin boards

Quote:
OK, but you are wrong about everything else so your opinion doesn't mean much.
double snore
Old 12-07-17, 06:17 AM
All American

Quote:
the topic is about the price that the casual generic HS football fan would pay, to see a random high school football game,
If that is the topic you should have stated that at the start of your argument, not now.

And if that is the question I would think that the price would be very low, certainly less that $10 and maybe less than $5.

Last edited by chs1971; 12-07-17 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-07-17, 06:25 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICKING COUNTY FAN View Post
Everyone has a limit to how much they are willing to spend on things. So what is the limit you will cut off buying tickets to any high school football game?
Quote:
If that is the topic you should have stated that at the start of your argument, not now.

And if that is the question I would think that the price would be very low, certainly less that $10 and maybe less than $5.
Well, I misstated the topic a bit my bad. If the term "ANY" football game is used, then it would suggest the game of highest interest to any particular fan.

Right?