Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-29-17, 11:04 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
ALWAYS thinking about me. I'm so flattered. However, does your wife know about this infatuation?
Yeah, one post in three weeks. Relevant to the topic by the way. You being a moron. You really want to bring wives into this? No? Didn't think so.
Old 11-29-17, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Yeah, one post in three weeks.
Try 4 posts about me in 8 days.

Counting and math has never been your forte. Along with the truth.
Old 11-29-17, 11:23 AM
All Region

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Ranger, any chance you will be in attendance for the D IV final?
Nope, just doing the D7 final this year.

The change to Canton this year meant we had to get a hotel room and stay overnight. Maybe we will get there in time Thursday night to hit the old BW3's in Belden Village. Will never be like the old days with the Thursday nights at the Massillon BW3's. Those were some experiences.
Old 11-29-17, 11:36 AM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Mackinbiner......egret is impossible to figure out. He gets on these little tangents where he likes to hone in on one person and sort of wear it out. I’ve been a victim of his. On the other side of the coin, he can be a nice, complimentary human being. I think he falls on the eccentric side of the coin. He’s a Massillon Tiger fanatic, so he knows his football.....can be very aggravating and annoying at the drop of a pin. The question that usually can answer to ones “likability”
could you sit down and enjoy a beer or two with egret: my answer is yes....unless he comes back and turns his focus back on me in a nehgative way!!!!
Old 11-29-17, 02:04 PM
All Region

NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
Nope, just doing the D7 final this year.

The change to Canton this year meant we had to get a hotel room and stay overnight. Maybe we will get there in time Thursday night to hit the old BW3's in Belden Village. Will never be like the old days with the Thursday nights at the Massillon BW3's. Those were some experiences.
I really miss those old days at BW3's in Massillon on Thursdays. Agreed, some interesting experiences but still a great time!
Old 11-29-17, 04:00 PM
All World

Quote:

I count money. What do you count these days? And just because you're in a thread I'm posting on the posts CERTAINLY aren't about you. Now, how about going out and getting some exercise Porky?
Old 11-29-17, 04:15 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
This will be the best venue ever to host the championships. Will there be some bugs to iron out in year 1? Sure. But this year will be a success and a year from now will be even better.

BTW - many small-minded naysayers said the stadium would never be built, never be finished in time to host any games in 2017, etc etc. In the meantime the HOF Village is alive and growing.

Some people who actually produce things in America have recognized what's going on here even if some locals can't see progress:

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201711...adership-award
Old 11-29-17, 04:43 PM
All World

I was going to respond to someone who said he can't wait for the games to return to Columbus. I suspect that if Canton pulls this off the games will be there permanently. Contract or not before you Einsteins jump on that bandwagon.
Old 11-29-17, 04:45 PM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is an unknown quantity at this point
With, if this 25,000 seat is half full this weekend, as I think it will be, then we can all see that these games can be played in much smaller(Cheaper venues).
Old 11-29-17, 11:51 PM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lightbulb Telecaast of Steubenville - Clinton Massie Game

http://wtov9.com/high-school-super-s...mpionship-game
Old 11-30-17, 07:54 AM
Junior Varsity

Lefthook37 is on a distinguished road
The hole stadium is still not finished.....after the games they will start on finishing the east end zone seating with the fan plaza on the other side of I-77 over the hill they are working on the 400+ car parking lot...things will be fine. I went to all the McK games...and could not get enough of the place...the best view to see what the south stands look like , is to go to the north side and walk out on the stage @ the 50 yard line......and WOW what a picture......you will enjoy the place.....an all the flat screen TV's on the south side fan plaza's let the game's begin
Old 11-30-17, 08:29 AM
All Region

TriangleMan is on a distinguished road
According to this article, "the OHSAA has not signed agreements for any site beyond this year."

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/2017...nce-to-impress
Old 11-30-17, 11:12 AM
All District

TRBengal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
This will be the best venue ever to host the championships. Will there be some bugs to iron out in year 1? Sure. But this year will be a success and a year from now will be even better.

BTW - many small-minded naysayers said the stadium would never be built, never be finished in time to host any games in 2017, etc etc. In the meantime the HOF Village is alive and growing.

Some people who actually produce things in America have recognized what's going on here even if some locals can't see progress:

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201711...adership-award

A project of this size and importance should have included some form of a dome. Nothing elaborate like a sliding dome, but something less complicated like an inflatable dome. It's only one deck so even a geodesic dome would have done it. Accommodating indoor light towers may have been a hurdle. But again, shortsighted businessmen in NE Ohio couldn't see it.

Could have been a great thing with a Game of the Week at the facility during the season, and conference championships/local rivalries scheduled as well.
Old 11-30-17, 11:35 AM
All District

styx is on a distinguished road
Will you be able to buy tickets at the gate with a credit card?
Old 11-30-17, 01:00 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
I'm part of the casual NEO crowd who would go to see games in Stark Co. for the championships. That's over. Everything and I mean everything about this setup leaves me mad. Watching at home on TV works for me now. Feel free to move the games now. The NFL, the OHSAA, whomever, have ruined this. What a damn shame.
Old 11-30-17, 01:10 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBengal View Post
A project of this size and importance should have included some form of a dome. Nothing elaborate like a sliding dome, but something less complicated like an inflatable dome. It's only one deck so even a geodesic dome would have done it. Accommodating indoor light towers may have been a hurdle. But again, shortsighted businessmen in NE Ohio couldn't see it.

Could have been a great thing with a Game of the Week at the facility during the season, and conference championships/local rivalries scheduled as well.
The NFL and the Hall of Fame are looking to use this facility for possible Thursday game of the week.
Old 11-30-17, 01:20 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
I'm part of the casual NEO crowd who would go to see games in Stark Co. for the championships. That's over. Everything and I mean everything about this setup leaves me mad. Watching at home on TV works for me now. Feel free to move the games now. The NFL, the OHSAA, whomever, have ruined this. What a damn shame.
It is a work in progress and will become better organized. They have to be...they are wanting to host the 2020 NFL draft there...they need the hotel built, parking, and getting ownership of McKinley High School.. They will want to tear down the Field House ...hate to see that go...but they plan on building a new basketball arena.
Old 11-30-17, 04:20 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
It is a work in progress and will become better organized. They have to be...they are wanting to host the 2020 NFL draft there...they need the hotel built, parking, and getting ownership of McKinley High School.. They will want to tear down the Field House ...hate to see that go...but they plan on building a new basketball arena.
With the ticket prices staying the same, the one question I have is what is the price difference between hosting games at Ohio Stadium and hosting them at Canton now that it's TBHOF instead of Fawcett/PBTS.

If ticket sales are down, considerably, I could see them scurrying back to Columbus just from that. Either way, I'm sure Canton gets at least next year to sell themselves for future hosting.
Old 11-30-17, 04:29 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
With the ticket prices staying the same, the one question I have is what is the price difference between hosting games at Ohio Stadium and hosting them at Canton now that it's TBHOF instead of Fawcett/PBTS.

If ticket sales are down, considerably, I could see them scurrying back to Columbus just from that. Either way, I'm sure Canton gets at least next year to sell themselves for future hosting.
I have no clue what they charged ...I am interested this year to see what the Pro Football Hall of Fame does with this...before the Stadium Manager at Fawcett was the director that worked with OHSAA. I will say the stadium is impressive and cost a ton of money which the NFL gave very little to help build it
Old 11-30-17, 04:32 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBengal View Post

Why would they spend the extra money, which would have been a lot, to build a dome when the only event they really care about happens in August. No need for it

Last edited by kingpin2010; 11-30-17 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-30-17, 10:49 PM
Freshman

skot71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
The Fieldhouse is not going anywhere. The school system just put a new floor in there, and new scoreboards and message boards are going in with more renovations to come. Rumor has it that many of the contractor's building the youth fields and the hotel have halted work and pulled their equipment because they have not been paid for anything for over a year now!!! Meanwhile the stadium is not even done yet!! Unless the NFL bails them out, I see trouble!!!
Old 11-30-17, 10:55 PM
All American

It was a great night hosted at a great venue that will only get better with time.
Old 11-30-17, 10:59 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by skot71 View Post
The Fieldhouse is not going anywhere. The school system just put a new floor in there, and new scoreboards and message boards are going in with more renovations to come. Rumor has it that many of the contractor's building the youth fields and the hotel have halted work and pulled their equipment because they have not been paid for anything for over a year now!!! Meanwhile the stadium is not even done yet!! Unless the NFL bails them out, I see trouble!!!
The NFL will not bail them out...this place is being funded by a lot of money with private and tax dollars involved. The NFL has not really contributed to it...which is normal for them. Two things...last stuff that I had seen had the Field House being gone keeping the Natatorium with them building a new 10,000 arena or in that seating range. The work has come to a crawl and there are lawsuits somewhere. Oh and all the work being done to the fieldhouse means nothing...just look at the press box they just tore down..lol
Old 11-30-17, 11:05 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
It was a great night hosted at a great venue that will only get better with time.
We're all glad to know that Dave Baker's lap dog approves.
Old 11-30-17, 11:13 PM
All American

Not sure why you want Benson and the Village to fail but it doesn't matter.

Restaurants were packed, hotels are near capacity, media coverage of the facility has been positive - lots of good things happening for those not resistant to change. I'm happy for the local businesses.
Old 11-30-17, 11:13 PM
All Yappi

Stadium way to big for this small of a crowd.
Old 11-30-17, 11:14 PM
All American

Yep would have been way better in the Shoe LOL
Old 11-30-17, 11:16 PM
All Yappi

Disagree with the shoe, but least you are in the correct area, where the games should be played.
Old 11-30-17, 11:18 PM
Varsity

THE OWNER is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by skot71 View Post
Truth
Old 11-30-17, 11:20 PM
All American

I don't believe that a true fan of a team who has made it to the championship would not drive an extra hour or so to see their team.