Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-27-17, 04:55 PM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Benson Stadium Question

Are they making suites available for the championship games? And does anyone know who to contact to reserve the suites?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-17, 07:36 PM
Junior Varsity

ambassador is on a distinguished road
None available. Even the schools do not get one
Old 11-27-17, 09:23 PM
All Ohio

Reddengineer is on a distinguished road
They closed all-session ticket sales on the 22nd also. You can come sit with us Craig! We won't bite. Bill never minded, lol
Old 11-28-17, 12:21 AM
All Region

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Sat with Bill and C&B one year. Quite the experience.
Old 11-28-17, 11:45 AM
All Region

NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
Seek me out, will be at all 7 games in the gold section. I will be wearing my Northwest Indians hat (red with 'N' and arrow on it).
Old 11-28-17, 12:25 PM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Then there’s this tidbit of information that shocks me. This was a tweet by a former head football coach at Canton McKinley and I totally agree with him.
So Canton, OH will host the HS State Football Championship games in 7 Divisions this weekend, BUT there will be no on-site parking! The paying customers will park at the Fairgrounds about 11 blocks away and be bussed or walk to the 7 games over three days. Shame.
There are some folks who live down some of the side streets on the west side end zone that charge to park in their yards. You might have to walk a couple city blocks, but better than parking at the fairgrounds. Now if you have or know someone who has a handicapped placard, they will be allowed to park at the high school lot.
Old 11-28-17, 12:39 PM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Then thereís this tidbit of information that shocks me. This was a tweet by a former head football coach at Canton McKinley and I totally agree with him.
So Canton, OH will host the HS State Football Championship games in 7 Divisions this weekend, BUT there will be no on-site parking! The paying customers will park at the Fairgrounds about 11 blocks away and be bussed or walk to the 7 games over three days. Shame.
There are some folks who live down some of the side streets on the west side end zone that charge to park in their yards. You might have to walk a couple city blocks, but better than parking at the fairgrounds. Now if you have or know someone who has a handicapped placard, they will be allowed to park at the high school lot.
If McKinley's lot is available (at least for saturday) why not let fans park there?
Old 11-28-17, 01:48 PM
All District

styx is on a distinguished road
Any establishments within walking distance between the games?

Will you have to pay another $5 to re park after going to lunch/dinner between games?
Old 11-28-17, 01:52 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by styx View Post

Will you have to pay another $5 to re park after going to lunch/dinner between games?
Someone said before that they'll allow you to reenter the lot for the same parking fee.
Old 11-28-17, 02:16 PM
All Region

NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
The only thing in walking distance is Jerzees which is about a 10-15 minute walk. Not sure if there are any sidewalks between though.
Old 11-28-17, 02:37 PM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIndianNation01 View Post
The only thing in walking distance is Jerzees which is about a 10-15 minute walk. Not sure if there are any sidewalks between though.
Wow, no parking/tailgating at the stadium and a 10-15 minute walk to ONE available place to eat/hang out between games? Nice work OHSAA....sounds like a great time lol. Sorry, give me the Shoe and Lane Ave/High St/Olentanger River Rd any day
Old 11-28-17, 03:09 PM
All World

Spize is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by styx View Post

Uber
Old 11-28-17, 03:51 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIndianNation01 View Post
Jerzee's is probably a 10-min. walk, maybe less for some people. It's really not far, and the only challenges are crossing Fulton (there is a light nearby where the bike path crosses the road) and walking up the hill to the stadium.

Although it may not be as good as it used to be, Tim's Tavern is probably a 10-15 min. walk and can be done mostly on side streets.

Those really are the only 2 options within a reasonable walking distance, and some may consider Tim's to be outside of reasonable.

As far as parking goes, I wasn't going to mention it, but what do I do care? I have parked in Stadium Park down the hill across 77 from the stadium and walked up the hill to the stadium. Not sure if the Canton Parks Dept. and Police Dept. have cracked down on that, but I had no trouble doing it in '09. There isn't a ton of parking down there, but there are a few parking areas just off the park road. Parking there likely carries an increased risk of vandalism or theft.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 11-28-17 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-28-17, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is an unknown quantity at this point
In reading the threads on the state finals, it seems like the whole thing is a cluster (blank)
Old 11-28-17, 04:40 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
As far as parking goes, I wasn't going to mention it, but what do I do care? I have parked in Stadium Park down the hill across 77 from the stadium and walked up the hill to the stadium. Not sure if the Canton Parks Dept. and Police Dept. have cracked down on that, but I had no trouble doing it in '09. There isn't a ton of parking down there, but there are a few parking areas just off the park road. Parking there likely carries an increased risk of vandalism or theft.
That parking lot is now a construction site for, wait for it, .................. another parking lot.
Old 11-28-17, 04:53 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICKING COUNTY FAN View Post
In reading the threads on the state finals, it seems like the whole thing is a cluster (blank)
A couple things that we are grappling with....when the games were at Fawcett and Paul Brown you knew you were going to be parking and driving to all the games...so you stopped between and had a beverage. Now that it is one place they can't clear out the space for the next game like automatically happened with the use of the two stadiums. People who are here for all the games will be resourceful to figure out a parking situation that will work for them. Now lets ask....how many people actually see and watch all 7 games..maybe a 1000...if it is that much. The biggest bulk of the crowd will be there for just one game and then on to something else. So in the scheme of things on the OHSAA priority list is not the comfort of 1000 people who will still show up in some manner.
Old 11-28-17, 05:33 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
That parking lot is now a construction site for, wait for it, .................. another parking lot.
This project truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Any word on when it will actually improve the lives of the local citizenry?
Old 11-28-17, 09:45 PM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
This project truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Any word on when it will actually improve the lives of the local citizenry?
Was a economic impact study done that explains how this project will make a major impact on Canton / Stark County's economy?
Old 11-28-17, 10:21 PM
All Region

ringer2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICKING COUNTY FAN View Post
That's because you complain about everything.
Old 11-28-17, 10:45 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
Sat with Bill and C&B one year. Quite the experience.
Ranger, any chance you will be in attendance for the D IV final?
Old 11-28-17, 11:06 PM
All Region

Leave it to the NFL. You can bet they have their greedy hands all over the rules and policies for these 7 games. No suites....do they think “The Benson” is more special than the shoe or Akron’s new place. And I’m not talking about quality of the structure. But OSU and U. Of Akron are gracious enough to allow fans (money spending fans at $35 per ticket) to use their suites, but not the NFL. When these games were moved back to stark county I was in favor of that. The people and the volunteers from both McKinley and Massillon not to mention all of the other HS Football fans from Stark County did a fabulous job, with parking, ticket sales, treatment of participating fans, marketing “Championship Weekend” and all the other things it takes to put on a first class weekend. It takes much more than a $150,000,000 building to do it right. There is a lot of arrogance in play here. One thing the Stark County group made sure of was they recognized what was important and how to take care of the the folks spending money. Getting in and out of Fawcett and PBTS during the championship weekend was not just tolerable but easy. All done by volunteers. I would love to see the cost of this years 7 games compared to the cost when both PBTS and Fawcett hosted the finals. Also, did walk up tickets ever cost $15 at PBTS or Fawcett or even at The Shoe last year? Again, this BS and making parking and fan convenience has the odor of the NFL all over it.
Old 11-29-17, 06:18 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Really a non-issue. If a short shuttle ride to the game will really ruin your experience then you might want to stay home.

Shuttle systems have been used forever at large venues for big events. Some people even enjoy getting dropped off much closer to the event than they would be otherwise.

First world problems LOL
Old 11-29-17, 08:16 AM
Junior Varsity

Lakindo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Really a non-issue. If a short shuttle ride to the game will really ruin your experience then you might want to stay home.

Shuttle systems have been used forever at large venues for big events. Some people even enjoy getting dropped off much closer to the event than they would be otherwise.

First world problems LOL

This.

I have been waiting all year for Big Red to get back to this game. A short bus ride from a parking lot where I can crack a few cold ones before doesn't seem like such a big deal. Hell, I would be okay parking at the Lowes parking lot and taking a rikshaw down 77 to watch this game
Old 11-29-17, 08:34 AM
All Region

TriangleMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
No suites....do they think ďThe BensonĒ is more special than the shoe or Akronís new place. And Iím not talking about quality of the structure. But OSU and U. Of Akron are gracious enough to allow fans (money spending fans at $35 per ticket) to use their suites, but not the NFL.
This is probably a volume issue as Benson does not have as many suites as OSU and UA have to offer, and the ones at Benson are probably reserved for OHSAA reps and OHSFCA members.

Quote:
Leave it to the NFL. You can bet they have their greedy hands all over the rules and policies for these 7 games...It takes much more than a $150,000,000 building to do it right. There is a lot of arrogance in play here. One thing the Stark County group made sure of was they recognized what was important and how to take care of the the folks spending money. Getting in and out of Fawcett and PBTS during the championship weekend was not just tolerable but easy. All done by volunteers. I would love to see the cost of this years 7 games compared to the cost when both PBTS and Fawcett hosted the finals. Also, did walk up tickets ever cost $15 at PBTS or Fawcett or even at The Shoe last year? Again, this BS and making parking and fan convenience has the odor of the NFL all over it.
Seems you've already made up your mind that your experience is going to suck. Give it a chance.
Old 11-29-17, 08:37 AM
All Region

Some info on the South stands taken from an August 2 article prior to the HOF Game (http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201708...-open-thursday).

The South stands include three levels of specialty seating. They are:

ē Level one: 968 gold club seats, a club area and a club lounge
The gold club seats are padded and 22 inches wide ó 3 inches wider than the traditional theater seats elsewhere in the stadium. The seats can be purchased as club seats, which gives the ticket holder access to the club areas, or as premium seats without the club access. The club is separated into an area that can accommodate about 500 people and into a lounge for 50. Each has a bar and will offer food.

ē Level two: A level with space for media, suites and five luxury suites
Standing on the field looking at the stands, the writing press section is closest to the highway, followed by the suite space that TV networks and coaches will use this weekend. Both of those spaces are flexible and can serve other hospitality uses when the stadium holds events that donít have as much media. The writing pressroom can accommodate up to 153 reporters and has windows that open overlooking the field.

Five luxury suites that hold up to 20 people also are included in the design. Catering will be available to the suites.

ē Level three: A sky-level lounge area that can accommodate up to 250 people
Eventually, the sky level will include 12 cabana suites.
Old 11-29-17, 08:44 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakindo View Post
This.

I have been waiting all year for Big Red to get back to this game. A short bus ride from a parking lot where I can crack a few cold ones before doesn't seem like such a big deal. Hell, I would be okay parking at the Lowes parking lot and taking a rikshaw down 77 to watch this game
Be careful. If some fat, waddling azz walks by that looks like Mackincheese you better hide your beer. He'll report you to the authorities. LOL.
Old 11-29-17, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Be careful. If some fat, waddling azz walks by that looks like Mackincheese you better hide your beer. He'll report you to the authorities. LOL.
ALWAYS thinking about me. I'm so flattered. However, does your wife know about this infatuation?
Old 11-29-17, 09:57 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriangleMan View Post
This is probably a volume issue as Benson does not have as many suites as OSU and UA have to offer, and the ones at Benson are probably reserved for OHSAA reps and OHSFCA members.

Seems you've already made up your mind that your experience is going to suck. Give it a chance.
Triangle, no venue, Stadium, city to anything else can spoil my day when The Big Red is playing for the state title. Dad and I used to go To Stark County every year to catch all 6 or 7 games whether we were playing or not. I was just trying to show how well it I was done when left to the people of Stark County and all the volunteers. They a great joB using 2 iconic venues, and it was just so simple. But times and things change, not always for the better. Iím hoping to be surprised. ROLL RED ROLL
Old 11-29-17, 10:48 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriangleMan View Post

Triangle, no venue, Stadium, city to anything else can spoil my day when The Big Red is playing for the state title. Dad and I used to go To Stark County every year to catch all 6 or 7 games whether we were playing or not. I was just trying to show how well it I was done when left to the people of Stark County and all the volunteers. They a great joB using 2 iconic venues, and it was just so simple. But times and things change, not always for the better. Iím hoping to be surprised. ROLL RED ROLL
Old 11-29-17, 10:59 AM
All Region

Quote:
Triangle, no venue, Stadium, city to anything else can spoil my day when The Big Red is playing for the state title. Dad and I used to go To Stark County every year to catch all 6 or 7 games whether we were playing or not. I was just trying to show how well it I was done when left to the people of Stark County and all the volunteers. They a great joB using 2 iconic venues, and it was just so simple. But times and things change, not always for the better. I’m hoping to be surprised. ROLL RED ROLL
C&B I'm expecting this year to be the same as or better than everybody's past experiences at the Finals in Canton. Don't overthink the NFL's role in the weekend. Yes, it's their stadium, but their control ends at the entry gates. All the other stuff outside the stadium (parking, shuttles, traffic control, etc.) are still being run by the same people as before - the people of Stark County and all the volunteers. The OHSAA and Visit Canton (https://www.visitcanton.com/) are working together to make it a great weekend.

Last edited by TriangleMan; 11-29-17 at 11:15 AM.