Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-29-17, 02:31 PM
All District

BoomBoom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Today View Post
Yea, I see your point, with only one outlier 5 seed making it. We could reduce the number of teams to 4 per Region. This would reduce these awful blowouts, and some unwanted competition.
why don't you get into reality: this is the cheap entertainment industry.
Old 11-29-17, 02:34 PM
Junior Varsity

Today is on a distinguished road
Yea, I'm done.
Old 11-29-17, 02:37 PM
All Region

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK84 View Post
^^^ And I don't know how in the world St. Henry was an 8 seed in D-V in 04.

They lost only to Coldwater, finishing 9-1 and in sole possession of 2nd place in the MAC (behind only 10-0 CW). I guess playing many D-VI schools - and the MAC having only 1 ooc game were factors in Harbin.

The Skins ended their dominant season at 14-1 and D-V state champs ... not a typical 8 seed at all.
In the play-offs, St. Henry disposed of the number 1 seed in their own region and in the state tournament disposed of two more number 1 seeds to win the championship.
yes, "not a typical 8 seed at all."
Old 11-29-17, 02:54 PM
Junior Varsity

Today is on a distinguished road
St. Henry snuck in by 0.4 computer points that year. Lucky!!
Old 11-29-17, 04:01 PM
All American

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
So "it" is BS then?
Nope. 500 open enrollment. Columbiana Crestview. Recruiting for sports, middle school to high school. Academics are no better than neighboring districts.
Old 11-29-17, 04:14 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Nope. 500 open enrollment. Columbiana Crestview. Recruiting for sports, middle school to high school. Academics are no better than neighboring districts.
The entire district has 500 that open enroll. K-12. Isn't that right?

Your original post suggested they had 500 that open enroll just in the high school and all for sports.
Old 11-29-17, 04:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Today View Post
St. Henry snuck in by 0.4 computer points that year. Lucky!!
Lucky OHSAA expanded to 8 teams per region in 1999 to catch the outliers like this one.

I seriously doubt any more outliers like this reside in any spots beyond seed # 8. Considering how rare this occurrence actually has happened with the 8 seed.
Old 11-29-17, 04:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
The entire district has 500 that open enroll. K-12. Isn't that right?

Your original post suggested they had 500 that open enroll just in the high school and all for sports.
Maybe you should research. 7-12. You can't read, don't respond.
Old 11-29-17, 05:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Maybe you should research. 7-12. You can't read, don't respond.
http://www.morningjournalnews.com/ne...llment-policy/

this help? looks like 500 (447 actually) district wide.

Which is about a third of the student body. Which is a pretty large percentage.
Old 11-29-17, 11:44 PM
All District

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Maybe instead of being so bitter over losing your 299 students from EP to other schools you should try looking for the reason they are leaving. Make your school more attractive in all aspects and people won't flock to other places. As far as Crestview is concerned, I'd be willing to bet my house that most if not all of the kindergartners, 1st, 2nd graders didn't transfer there for athletic reasons and I'm gonna go ahead and say they weren't "recruited".
Old 11-30-17, 10:16 AM
All District

IcyCoolDevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Maybe instead of being so bitter over losing your 299 students from EP to other schools you should try looking for the reason they are leaving. Make your school more attractive in all aspects and people won't flock to other places. As far as Crestview is concerned, I'd be willing to bet my house that most if not all of the kindergartners, 1st, 2nd graders didn't transfer there for athletic reasons and I'm gonna go ahead and say they weren't "recruited".
It is probably also a safe bet that the 300 girls were not recruited for football.
Old 12-01-17, 06:55 PM
All Ohio

E-Town is on a distinguished road
3 divisions is ideal, 4 would be ok. The playoffs used to be special...and because only the most deserving and best made it, you never saw a running clock!

And for all those complaining about having nothing to play for...there used to be a thing called conference champions. And you could have a losing season, but if you beat your biggest neighborhood rival then the season record didn't really matter. HS fb has become so much like college fb that a lot of fun has been lost. Now, beating a rival only matters if they can give you a bunch of Harbins.
Old 12-01-17, 07:00 PM
All Yappi

You never saw a running clock back then because that rule didn't exist until 3-4 years ago I believe.

I think 3 or 4 is too few. But I agree with what you're saying about conference championships and rivalry games.
Old 12-01-17, 07:03 PM
Retired

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Lots off blowouts, even in the 70's.

Be consistent with other sports, let them all in. 6 divisions, 9 week regular season, everyone plays Week 10
Old 12-01-17, 08:50 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
had a coach once explain that blowouts happen more often at the state level because there is an unfamiliarity between the teams. So often the coaches plan their seasons and prepare their teams based on opponents they routinely face. Much harder at the high school level to prep for teams you never see, don't know the coaches style, the players capabilitiesnin depth, and have no common opponents. Obviously not the only reason but a theory that makes some sense.
Old 12-02-17, 09:32 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Tells me that other schools need to model their programs by the Marion Local, Coldwater programs.
Old 12-02-17, 09:48 AM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Interesting this thread has gone 5 pages and the OHSAA isn’t going to change a thing....just sayin.
If anything they need to find a way to fix the bottom of D-1 where schools with 611 boys are playing schools with over 1,000 boys.
Old 12-07-17, 05:09 PM
All American

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
It is what it is, remember, removing those open enrollment students causes that district to become a D7. Just saying. BTW, recruiting is why they were booted from a former league, reason why that league dissolved and the thefts weren't only from here. 'nuff said.
Old 12-07-17, 05:20 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Lots off blowouts, even in the 70's.

Be consistent with other sports, let them all in. 6 divisions, 9 week regular season, everyone plays Week 10
Few yrs ago I was bored and did an avg margin of victory in title games since playoffs started and categorized them for how many divisioms.

The margin of victory was a little bit higher nowadays but not alot more like some want to suggest so I could not really put blame on the amount of divisions.

I almost believe that the wide open nature of the game now has more to do with scores.
Old 12-07-17, 06:30 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Few yrs ago I was bored and did an avg margin of victory in title games since playoffs started and categorized them for how many divisioms.

The margin of victory was a little bit higher nowadays but not alot more like some want to suggest so I could not really put blame on the amount of divisions.

I almost believe that the wide open nature of the game now has more to do with scores.
how about considering that high school kids might get tired of getting beat up for the entertainment of the adults after ten or more weeks and just silently quit after getting behind by two scores?

they figure: "ok, that's enough of this crap" and give up.

especially in the cold. you know it's no fun at all getting beat up in the cold.

kids aren't as dumb as some of you people think, you know. they're just afraid to say anything else they will get excoriated as quitters and cowards so they keep their mouths shut.
Old 12-07-17, 06:37 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
how about considering that high school kids might get tired of getting beat up for the entertainment of the adults after ten or more weeks and just silently quit after getting behind by two scores?

they figure: "ok, that's enough of this crap" and give up.

especially in the cold. you know it's no fun at all getting beat up in the cold.

kids aren't as dumb as some of you people think, you know. they're just afraid to say anything else they will get excoriated as quitters and cowards so they keep their mouths shut.
I can honestly say I have never seen a MAC team/player (s) quit playing hard.
Old 12-07-17, 06:48 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I can honestly say I have never seen a MAC team/player (s) quit playing hard.
I've never seen an Amish quit working hard, either.

but everybody in the world isn't Amish.
Old 12-07-17, 06:50 PM
All American

Quote:
I've never seen an Amish quit working hard, either.

but everybody in the world isn't Amish.
How many kids play football "for the entertainment of adults"?

Those kids don't make it thru football camp much less two a days.
Old 12-07-17, 06:54 PM
All District

Quote:
How many kids play football "for the entertainment of adults"?

Those kids don't make it thru football camp much less two a days.
LOL they figure it out by the end of the 10 game season and when down by a couple scores.

and they know they are not getting any "D1 offers".

they get tired of getting beat up. for any reason.

do you understand the function of pain to any sentient being?

it teaches the sentient being that it just did something stupid and destructive to itself and tells it not to do it again.
Old 12-07-17, 07:11 PM
All American

Quote:
LOL they figure it out by the end of the 10 game season and when down by a couple scores.

and they know they are not getting any "D1 offers".

they get tired of getting beat up. for any reason.

do you understand the function of pain to any sentient being?

it teaches the sentient being that it just did something stupid and destructive to itself and tells it not to do it again.
Sounds like the argument for more divisions, not less.

Let kids of equal caliber play against each other.
Old 12-07-17, 07:15 PM
All District

Quote:
Sounds like the argument for more divisions, not less.

Let kids of equal caliber play against each other.
its not an argument about the number of divisions, its an argument for fewer games and less abuse of the uncompensated, "volunteer" "talent"

the teams getting blown out in effect, have made the decision for themselves that enough has been enough.

my guess is that they made that decision immediately after being informed that they 'made the playoffs" LOL

they are thinking... "oh crap, I want this to be over already .. but I better not say anything"

"I'm tired of being yelled at by these azzholes" LOL
Old 12-07-17, 07:25 PM
All District

and then about the middle of the 3rd Q and they are down by 14 and just turned it over on downs, they say.

Ok, I'm done. Go ahead and put the JV's in, coach:

I'll be back here getting warmed up and collecting from the cheerleaders, the only compensation I''ll get.

I earned it . LOL
Old 12-07-17, 07:38 PM
All American

Quote:
and then about the middle of the 3rd Q and they are down by 14 and just turned it over on downs, they say.

Ok, I'm done. Go ahead and put the JV's in, coach:

I'll be back here getting warmed up and collecting from the cheerleaders, the only compensation I''ll get.

I earned it . LOL
It's no wonder the MAC dominates.
Old 12-07-17, 08:05 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
its not an argument about the number of divisions, its an argument for fewer games and less abuse of the uncompensated, "volunteer" "talent"

the teams getting blown out in effect, have made the decision for themselves that enough has been enough.

my guess is that they made that decision immediately after being informed that they 'made the playoffs" LOL

they are thinking... "oh crap, I want this to be over already .. but I better not say anything"

"I'm tired of being yelled at by these azzholes" LOL
sorry about your experience of playing football.... just a feeling, but I guess you didn't play all four years, what year did you quit?
Old 12-07-17, 10:04 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
sorry about your experience of playing football.... just a feeling, but I guess you didn't play all four years, what year did you quit?
i played as long as I wanted to play.

and you're barking up the wrong tree.

i don't drink the kool aid that people play hs football because they love the game: if people loved the game there would be all kinds of town teams all over the place but the fact is that playing football is about as much fun as getting a root canal.