Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Winton Woods by 17+ 10 7.46%
Winton Woods by 8-16 32 23.88%
Winton Woods by 1-7 24 17.91%
Hoban by 1-7 21 15.67%
Hoban by 8-16 28 20.90%
Hoban by 17+ 19 14.18%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-17, 08:19 PM
All Region

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
Your son can be a great player and you can be arrogant at the same time.

Good luck at Navy. Whoops, there was some good sentiment toward your son again. I cant help myself.
You mistake arrogance for confidence. Spare me your good sentiment on who you think is my son. Go troll on something related to your school or team of choice. Misguided.
Old 12-03-17, 08:40 PM
All Region

[QUOTE=Football Fan 1;6934714]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post

0-2 and 1 TD in 8 quarters against Edís and Ignatius the last 2 years shows Hoban is not ready to compete in D1.

Congrats on the big win against McKinley. Maybe you should try the Federal League first?
Edís lost to IGGY 3 times in the past 2 years. Does that make Edís not ready to compete in D1? Your logic makes no sense. Hoban is 2-2 against D1 programs the past 2 years. Losing to 2 of the best in the state does not take away from that fact. Hoban is a D3 school competing in D2 and doing fine. Now that they are D2 they will continue to schedule stronger teams that will play them.
Old 12-03-17, 09:22 PM
Varsity

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Cougarfan22;6934737]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post

Edís lost to IGGY 3 times in the past 2 years. Does that make Edís not ready to compete in D1? Your logic makes no sense. Hoban is 2-2 against D1 programs the past 2 years. Losing to 2 of the best in the state does not take away from that fact. Hoban is a D3 school competing in D2 and doing fine. Now that they are D2 they will continue to schedule stronger teams that will play them.
You are the one who said Hoban was ready to compete in D1. Hobanís performance on the field says otherwise. Just the facts. 1TD in 8 quarters against two of the better teams in D1 the last 2 years.

Of course Edís can compete in D1. They have played and BEAT the better D1 teams in the state this year.....last year and the year before.
Old 12-03-17, 09:40 PM
All Region

[QUOTE=Football Fan 1;6934768]
Quote:

You are the one who said Hoban was ready to compete in D1. Hoban’s performance on the field says otherwise. Just the facts. 1TD in 8 quarters against two of the better teams in D1 the last 2 years.

Of course Ed’s can compete in D1. They have played and BEAT the better D1 teams in the state this year.....last year and the year before.
I was responding to Akron old timer who said we should be playing in D1. He brought it up, not me. I only said that we could compete in D1, which we could. Our performance on the field clearly shows that we could. We out scored in our 4 games vs D1 opponents 101-41. Record 2-2. That is competing. To say otherwise is not objective. Most teams have lost to both Ed’s and IGGY, does that mean they cannot compete in D1? No. It doesn’t.
Old 12-03-17, 10:25 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Eds: Hoban would have beat them had Sibley not gone out with cramps near the end. They competed toe to toe with them all game long

Iggy: first game for a freshman QB, he didn't do that bad for going against that type of competition for a first game. I have a feeling the rematch next fall will be very competitive.
Old 12-04-17, 09:28 AM
Junior Varsity

NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh, we just beat the best team out of Cincy in a beat down. We have scheduled and played Edís, Ignatus and McKinley in OOC games but like Sporty says we canít get anyone to play us thus you see the Canadian teams pop in. Mooney, Ursuline and St V have been competitive in the past but are on a downward trend. Schedule was set before we knew we were moving up to D2 this year so that will change moving forward.

15-0 In playoffs last 3 years against the best D3 and D2 had to offer is not to shabby. 350 boys vs The over 1000 at St Edís, IGGY and Mentor would make you feel better then have at it. Hoban would have beat all 3 at the end of this playoff run.
If the Cincinnati media, Scott Springer and the crew from Cincinnati.com are any indication of the attitude of the Cincy teams, the WW beating from Hoban was in part a product of regional arrogance. Everyone north of Columbus knows how good WW and Lasalle are, but the folks in Cincinnati seemed shocked at how good Hoban was. Eds, Iggy and the rest of northeast Ohio are aware of how good Hoban is and schedule them because they know it will be a great matchup. The Cincy schools, especially the quality teams DII like Lasalle and WW should consider scheduling Hoban.
Old 12-04-17, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioFootball View Post
If the Cincinnati media, Scott Springer and the crew from Cincinnati.com are any indication of the attitude of the Cincy teams, the WW beating from Hoban was in part a product of regional arrogance. Everyone north of Columbus knows how good WW and Lasalle are, but the folks in Cincinnati seemed shocked at how good Hoban was. Eds, Iggy and the rest of northeast Ohio are aware of how good Hoban is and schedule them because they know it will be a great matchup. The Cincy schools, especially the quality teams DII like Lasalle and WW should consider scheduling Hoban.
The same could be said about the Media outlets in the Akron and Canton area! Wow! They were very biased when it came to writing about NEO
Old 12-04-17, 10:47 AM
Junior Varsity

NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
Did not see the Akron or Canton media and hopefully they werenít as uninformed as Scott Springer of cincinnati.com. We should expect bias from fans, but not from journalists.

To be clear, I am on record as being a fan of Springer. He is a good follow on twitter or Cincinnati.com for the rest of the state to follow the very good football that is played in Hamilton county every year. However, it seems like this year he forgot about the rest of the state. He should take note from his colleague Mr. Snodgrass who does a better job of doing his homework outside of the 275 beltway.

https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sp...-28/108094534/
Springer 2:03 mark: ďIíve said all along the winner of WW Lasalle to me was the state champion.Ē
Springer 3:12 mark: ďI donít know much about Akron Hoban.Ē

[How can a journalist confidently claim the winner of Lasalle WW was the champion if he did not know much about Hoban?]

https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sp...-14/107676908/
Springer 1:40 ďI think this (Colerain v. St X) is the state championship game cause whoever wins this is gonna win it.Ē
Springer: 5:57 ďHow do you not see the winner of this taking it.Ē
Springer 10:10 ď(WW-Lasalle) this might be the state title game, the winner of this rolls."

And donít mistake this post as chest-puffing about the lack of a state championship for Cincinnati this year. To the contrary, we in this part of the state are fully aware of the awesome football produced by the Cincinnati area year in and year out. It just seems that this year Mr. Springer forgot about the rest of the state.
Old 12-05-17, 09:59 AM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
Hoban joins some very elite company.
https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/hi...rsonal-records
Old 12-06-17, 10:19 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioFootball View Post
Did not see the Akron or Canton media and hopefully they werenít as uninformed as Scott Springer of cincinnati.com. We should expect bias from fans, but not from journalists.
1924-1972 Massillon 24 AP Poll titles, Zero for for 46 since the playoff era.

1924-1972 zero AP poll titles for any Cincinnati teams

The playoff era speaks for itself.

I think it's safe to say there is tremendous evidence of bias from the NE media that goes back almost a century.
Old 12-06-17, 10:56 PM
All Region

Tigerfan65 is on a distinguished road
From 24-72 there weren’t any Cincinnati teams worth a damn.
Old 12-07-17, 05:57 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan65 View Post
From 24-72 there werenít any Cincinnati teams worth a damn.
There was a pretty good one in 1972.
Old 12-07-17, 09:09 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
We know Hoban brings back a lot of key players for 2018. Massillon was pretty young too, I believe. Avon returns a lot of key players for 2018. What about LaSalle and Winton Woods?
Old 12-07-17, 07:09 PM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
We know Hoban brings back a lot of key players for 2018. Massillon was pretty young too, I believe. Avon returns a lot of key players for 2018. What about LaSalle and Winton Woods?
I think it is Hoban and LaSalle next year

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-17, 09:45 PM
All Region

Hoban loses 6 starters on D and 5 on the offensive side. Special teams kicker/punter all return. Rising freshman class who will be sophomores are loaded, went 10-0 with wins over Ed’s, Ignatus and running clock on St V. It Wouldn’t surprise me to see 6 or so playing major roles next year to fill some voids. I expect them to be comparable to this years team and to make a return to Canton. Rumor is opening up with Ignatus and maybe Mentor week 2.
Old 12-07-17, 09:57 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post

The Tigers will certainly be in the mix in 2018. Our off-season program is like night and day, when compared to the pre-Moore years.
Old 12-07-17, 11:03 PM
All Region

Tigerfan65 is on a distinguished road
The Tigers will have 8 starters back on O and 9 on D. The K was a SR, the punter was a freshman.
Old 12-07-17, 11:41 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hoban loses 6 starters on D and 5 on the offensive side. Special teams kicker/punter all return. Rising freshman class who will be sophomores are loaded, went 10-0 with wins over Edís, Ignatus and running clock on St V. It Wouldnít surprise me to see 6 or so playing major roles next year to fill some voids. I expect them to be comparable to this years team and to make a return to Canton. Rumor is opening up with Ignatus and maybe Mentor week 2.
Interesting. Avon is talking to Mentor about Week 1. Might have a common opponent with Hoban.
Old 12-08-17, 12:00 AM
All District

BoomBoom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
The Tigers will certainly be in the mix in 2018. Our off-season program is like night and day, when compared to the pre-Moore years.
Fairless could win that creampuff region, so there's THAT.

so many "powers" in R7. ROFLMAO

Dalton could win it.
Old 12-08-17, 12:01 AM
All Region

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Ignatius has already listed Hoban as the opener on their 2018 schedule, so I would be surprised if Tyrrell wanted to take on Mentor, too. Unless he's not worried about the prospect of starting 0-2. I would expect them to be pretty darn good by the end of the season, but they're going to have quite a few new starters, most of them very inexperienced. Like Cougar said, I would expect quite a few of the sophs to be to have a chance to play a lot. DB and WR are the two position groups that will have the most turnover to deal with. Having the younger Clark back is like getting a returning starter, and I would expect him to be a big part of the passing game in some sort of hybrid TE/WR position.
Old 12-08-17, 05:15 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Ignatius has already listed Hoban as the opener on their 2018 schedule, so I would be surprised if Tyrrell wanted to take on Mentor, too. Unless he's not worried about the prospect of starting 0-2. I would expect them to be pretty darn good by the end of the season, but they're going to have quite a few new starters, most of them very inexperienced. Like Cougar said, I would expect quite a few of the sophs to be to have a chance to play a lot. DB and WR are the two position groups that will have the most turnover to deal with. Having the younger Clark back is like getting a returning starter, and I would expect him to be a big part of the passing game in some sort of hybrid TE/WR position.
Iggy week 1 next year will be a different animal from this year. The QB won't be a freshman starting his first game this go around.
Old 12-09-17, 11:19 PM
All Region

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post
Iggy week 1 next year will be a different animal from this year. The QB won't be a freshman starting his first game this go around.
That aspect will be a different animal, but 11 new starters is the most turnover they've had since this run started. Defense will be a work in progress.
Old 12-11-17, 01:55 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
That aspect will be a different animal, but 11 new starters is the most turnover they've had since this run started. Defense will be a work in progress.
That is definitely true.

I think the QB was the big factor in the game this year though.

We'll see how it goes next year.
Old 12-11-17, 03:43 PM
All Ohio

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Hoban easily wins states in d1. They are very easily the best team in Ohio. I think Hoban demolishes Mentor and Pickerington Central.