Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Winton Woods by 17+ 10 7.46%
Winton Woods by 8-16 32 23.88%
Winton Woods by 1-7 24 17.91%
Hoban by 1-7 21 15.67%
Hoban by 8-16 28 20.90%
Hoban by 17+ 19 14.18%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #571  
Old 12-03-17, 10:25 PM
Andy27 Andy27 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-28-16
Posts: 819
Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Eds: Hoban would have beat them had Sibley not gone out with cramps near the end. They competed toe to toe with them all game long

Iggy: first game for a freshman QB, he didn't do that bad for going against that type of competition for a first game. I have a feeling the rematch next fall will be very competitive.
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 12-04-17, 09:28 AM
NEOhioFootball NEOhioFootball is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-19-17
Posts: 49
NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Uh, we just beat the best team out of Cincy in a beat down. We have scheduled and played Ed’s, Ignatus and McKinley in OOC games but like Sporty says we can’t get anyone to play us thus you see the Canadian teams pop in. Mooney, Ursuline and St V have been competitive in the past but are on a downward trend. Schedule was set before we knew we were moving up to D2 this year so that will change moving forward.

15-0 In playoffs last 3 years against the best D3 and D2 had to offer is not to shabby. 350 boys vs The over 1000 at St Ed’s, IGGY and Mentor would make you feel better then have at it. Hoban would have beat all 3 at the end of this playoff run.
If the Cincinnati media, Scott Springer and the crew from Cincinnati.com are any indication of the attitude of the Cincy teams, the WW beating from Hoban was in part a product of regional arrogance. Everyone north of Columbus knows how good WW and Lasalle are, but the folks in Cincinnati seemed shocked at how good Hoban was. Eds, Iggy and the rest of northeast Ohio are aware of how good Hoban is and schedule them because they know it will be a great matchup. The Cincy schools, especially the quality teams DII like Lasalle and WW should consider scheduling Hoban.
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 12-04-17, 09:40 AM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,206
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioFootball View Post
If the Cincinnati media, Scott Springer and the crew from Cincinnati.com are any indication of the attitude of the Cincy teams, the WW beating from Hoban was in part a product of regional arrogance. Everyone north of Columbus knows how good WW and Lasalle are, but the folks in Cincinnati seemed shocked at how good Hoban was. Eds, Iggy and the rest of northeast Ohio are aware of how good Hoban is and schedule them because they know it will be a great matchup. The Cincy schools, especially the quality teams DII like Lasalle and WW should consider scheduling Hoban.
The same could be said about the Media outlets in the Akron and Canton area! Wow! They were very biased when it came to writing about NEO
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 12-04-17, 10:47 AM
NEOhioFootball NEOhioFootball is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-19-17
Posts: 49
NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
Did not see the Akron or Canton media and hopefully they weren’t as uninformed as Scott Springer of cincinnati.com. We should expect bias from fans, but not from journalists.

To be clear, I am on record as being a fan of Springer. He is a good follow on twitter or Cincinnati.com for the rest of the state to follow the very good football that is played in Hamilton county every year. However, it seems like this year he forgot about the rest of the state. He should take note from his colleague Mr. Snodgrass who does a better job of doing his homework outside of the 275 beltway.

https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sp...-28/108094534/
Springer 2:03 mark: “I’ve said all along the winner of WW Lasalle to me was the state champion.”
Springer 3:12 mark: “I don’t know much about Akron Hoban.”

[How can a journalist confidently claim the winner of Lasalle WW was the champion if he did not know much about Hoban?]

https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sp...-14/107676908/
Springer 1:40 “I think this (Colerain v. St X) is the state championship game cause whoever wins this is gonna win it.”
Springer: 5:57 “How do you not see the winner of this taking it.”
Springer 10:10 “(WW-Lasalle) this might be the state title game, the winner of this rolls."

And don’t mistake this post as chest-puffing about the lack of a state championship for Cincinnati this year. To the contrary, we in this part of the state are fully aware of the awesome football produced by the Cincinnati area year in and year out. It just seems that this year Mr. Springer forgot about the rest of the state.
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 12-05-17, 09:59 AM
longtime1sttime longtime1sttime is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-11-03
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 8,704
longtime1sttime
Hoban joins some very elite company.
https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/hi...rsonal-records
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 12-06-17, 10:19 PM
gobluetom gobluetom is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-21-01
Location: D2 LaSalle 13 D1 Elder 7
Posts: 11,874
gobluetom can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioFootball View Post
Did not see the Akron or Canton media and hopefully they weren’t as uninformed as Scott Springer of cincinnati.com. We should expect bias from fans, but not from journalists.
1924-1972 Massillon 24 AP Poll titles, Zero for for 46 since the playoff era.

1924-1972 zero AP poll titles for any Cincinnati teams

The playoff era speaks for itself.

I think it's safe to say there is tremendous evidence of bias from the NE media that goes back almost a century.
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 12-06-17, 10:56 PM
Tigerfan65 Tigerfan65 is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 07-08-17
Posts: 308
Tigerfan65 is on a distinguished road
From 24-72 there weren’t any Cincinnati teams worth a damn.
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 12-07-17, 05:57 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 12,585
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan65 View Post
From 24-72 there weren’t any Cincinnati teams worth a damn.
There was a pretty good one in 1972.
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 12-07-17, 09:09 AM
cjb56 cjb56 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-15-04
Location: Avon, OH
Posts: 13,767
cjb56 is on a distinguished road
We know Hoban brings back a lot of key players for 2018. Massillon was pretty young too, I believe. Avon returns a lot of key players for 2018. What about LaSalle and Winton Woods?
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 12-07-17, 07:09 PM
murphy13 murphy13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-16-06
Location: Port St. Lucie, Fl
Posts: 3,625
murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
We know Hoban brings back a lot of key players for 2018. Massillon was pretty young too, I believe. Avon returns a lot of key players for 2018. What about LaSalle and Winton Woods?
I think it is Hoban and LaSalle next year

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #581  
Old 12-07-17, 09:45 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 697
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Hoban loses 6 starters on D and 5 on the offensive side. Special teams kicker/punter all return. Rising freshman class who will be sophomores are loaded, went 10-0 with wins over Ed’s, Ignatus and running clock on St V. It Wouldn’t surprise me to see 6 or so playing major roles next year to fill some voids. I expect them to be comparable to this years team and to make a return to Canton. Rumor is opening up with Ignatus and maybe Mentor week 2.
Reply With Quote
  #582  
Old 12-07-17, 09:57 PM
Maxie Maxie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-25-03
Location: 24 & 9 Titles 70-53-5
Posts: 6,357
Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
We know Hoban brings back a lot of key players for 2018. Massillon was pretty young too, I believe. Avon returns a lot of key players for 2018. What about LaSalle and Winton Woods?

The Tigers will certainly be in the mix in 2018. Our off-season program is like night and day, when compared to the pre-Moore years.
Reply With Quote
  #583  
Old 12-07-17, 11:03 PM
Tigerfan65 Tigerfan65 is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 07-08-17
Posts: 308
Tigerfan65 is on a distinguished road
The Tigers will have 8 starters back on O and 9 on D. The K was a SR, the punter was a freshman.
Reply With Quote
  #584  
Old 12-07-17, 11:41 PM
cjb56 cjb56 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-15-04
Location: Avon, OH
Posts: 13,767
cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Hoban loses 6 starters on D and 5 on the offensive side. Special teams kicker/punter all return. Rising freshman class who will be sophomores are loaded, went 10-0 with wins over Ed’s, Ignatus and running clock on St V. It Wouldn’t surprise me to see 6 or so playing major roles next year to fill some voids. I expect them to be comparable to this years team and to make a return to Canton. Rumor is opening up with Ignatus and maybe Mentor week 2.
Interesting. Avon is talking to Mentor about Week 1. Might have a common opponent with Hoban.
Reply With Quote
  #585  
Old 12-08-17, 12:00 AM
BoomBoom BoomBoom is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 11-28-17
Posts: 156
BoomBoom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
The Tigers will certainly be in the mix in 2018. Our off-season program is like night and day, when compared to the pre-Moore years.
Fairless could win that creampuff region, so there's THAT.

so many "powers" in R7. ROFLMAO

Dalton could win it.
Reply With Quote
  #586  
Old 12-08-17, 12:01 AM
Redwing Redwing is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-02-15
Posts: 497
Redwing is on a distinguished road
Ignatius has already listed Hoban as the opener on their 2018 schedule, so I would be surprised if Tyrrell wanted to take on Mentor, too. Unless he's not worried about the prospect of starting 0-2. I would expect them to be pretty darn good by the end of the season, but they're going to have quite a few new starters, most of them very inexperienced. Like Cougar said, I would expect quite a few of the sophs to be to have a chance to play a lot. DB and WR are the two position groups that will have the most turnover to deal with. Having the younger Clark back is like getting a returning starter, and I would expect him to be a big part of the passing game in some sort of hybrid TE/WR position.
Reply With Quote
  #587  
Old 12-08-17, 05:15 PM
Andy27 Andy27 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-28-16
Posts: 819
Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Ignatius has already listed Hoban as the opener on their 2018 schedule, so I would be surprised if Tyrrell wanted to take on Mentor, too. Unless he's not worried about the prospect of starting 0-2. I would expect them to be pretty darn good by the end of the season, but they're going to have quite a few new starters, most of them very inexperienced. Like Cougar said, I would expect quite a few of the sophs to be to have a chance to play a lot. DB and WR are the two position groups that will have the most turnover to deal with. Having the younger Clark back is like getting a returning starter, and I would expect him to be a big part of the passing game in some sort of hybrid TE/WR position.
Iggy week 1 next year will be a different animal from this year. The QB won't be a freshman starting his first game this go around.
Reply With Quote
  #588  
Old 12-09-17, 11:19 PM
Redwing Redwing is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-02-15
Posts: 497
Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post
Iggy week 1 next year will be a different animal from this year. The QB won't be a freshman starting his first game this go around.
That aspect will be a different animal, but 11 new starters is the most turnover they've had since this run started. Defense will be a work in progress.
Reply With Quote
  #589  
Old 12-11-17, 01:55 PM
Andy27 Andy27 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-28-16
Posts: 819
Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
That aspect will be a different animal, but 11 new starters is the most turnover they've had since this run started. Defense will be a work in progress.
That is definitely true.

I think the QB was the big factor in the game this year though.

We'll see how it goes next year.
Reply With Quote
  #590  
Old 12-11-17, 03:43 PM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,151
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Hoban easily wins states in d1. They are very easily the best team in Ohio. I think Hoban demolishes Mentor and Pickerington Central.
Reply With Quote
  #591  
Old 12-17-17, 04:58 AM
rip_JackTatum rip_JackTatum is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,459
rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Post Public Service Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan65 View Post
From 24-72 there weren’t any Cincinnati teams worth a damn.
Happy Holidays and be sure to keep all those paper titles away from the fireplace this season.
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Old 12-20-17, 05:17 PM
Extra Point Extra Point is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-08-13
Posts: 1,035
Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_JackTatum View Post
Happy Holidays and be sure to keep all those paper titles away from the fireplace this season.


Funny stuff.....Maybe you could slide one under Santa's milk and cookies so you don't leave a ring on your wife's pressboard table in your trailer.
Reply With Quote
  #593  
Old 12-20-17, 06:44 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,858
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluetom View Post
1924-1972 Massillon 24 AP Poll titles, Zero for for 46 since the playoff era.

1924-1972 zero AP poll titles for any Cincinnati teams

The playoff era speaks for itself.

I think it's safe to say there is tremendous evidence of bias from the NE media that goes back almost a century.
I like Massillon and while it would be easy to laugh at their "fake state titles," I'm not gonna do that. While most openly mock their "fake state titles," I continue to wish them success in someday winning their first real state title. After all, there are many other schools besides Massillon with lackluster football programs in Ohio without so much as 1 real state title.

If voters were picking champions, St X doesn't win in 2016 and Pick Central doesn't win in 2017.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 9 09-03-17 05:38 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM
OHSAA 2017 Baseball State Tournament Preview Yappi Baseball 1 05-30-17 11:25 PM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz