Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Mentor by 17+ 8 6.96%
Mentor by 8-16 15 13.04%
Mentor by 1-7 33 28.70%
Pickerington Central by 1-7 25 21.74%
Pickerington Central by 8-16 32 27.83%
Pickerington Central by 17+ 2 1.74%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-17, 11:13 PM
All Yappi

EagleSE
Picking Mentor in a close one, their D has really stepped up late in the year and although given up some yards, has held some strong offenses from hitting their scoring average.
Old 11-25-17, 11:30 PM
All Region

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICKING COUNTY FAN View Post
I want Central but think Mentor by 20
This is hilarious
Old 11-25-17, 11:35 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTigerTrackCoach View Post
This is hilarious

Well many more picked pick Central by similar scores. Was that hilarious too ?

I for one am expecting a heck of a game that could go either way. I only think it will reach 14-17 margin or more if one team has some turnovers or a team gets a short yardage add on score at the end of the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-17, 11:47 PM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
No way does PC suck. They are one of the two best teams in D1. I have all the respect in the world for them. Our fellow poster from Fairfield was suggesting that if all things are equal with turnovers, that he likes Mentorís chances.

I donít recall the TM/PC game so I was wondering how PCís defense did in the turnover game that night. I certainly believe that PC has the studs to win the title. How will they fare if they are on the negative side of the turnover margin?
I donít remember either team having any/many turnovers that night. I donít think Central ever lost the turnover margin this season but thatís because Central rarely turned the ball over themselves. And Central doesnít rely on turnovers to win. They won a few big games when the turnover margin was even, see Cass Tech and Pick North (regular season) for example.
Old 11-26-17, 01:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Well many more picked pick Central by similar scores. Was that hilarious too ?

I for one am expecting a heck of a game that could go either way. I only think it will reach 14-17 margin or more if one team has some turnovers or a team gets a short yardage add on score at the end of the game

After watching Mentor play, I don't think Central winning by 17-24 is out of the question. Central has a very fast, and very physical defense but more importantly a lot of those players are very very intelligent. Defense wins championships and I don't see Mentor getting out of this without committing a couple turnovers and having trouble with Central's speed in open spaces.
Old 11-26-17, 01:38 PM
All Yappi

Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTigerTrackCoach View Post
After watching Mentor play, I don't think Central winning by 17-24 is out of the question. Central has a very fast, and very physical defense but more importantly a lot of those players are very very intelligent. Defense wins championships and I don't see Mentor getting out of this without committing a couple turnovers and having trouble with Central's speed in open spaces.
who did you watch mentor play?
Old 11-26-17, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

I think a lot of these guys watched only the Liberty game where we played subpar. But hey let them think that way

Old 11-26-17, 03:09 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat97 View Post
who did you watch mentor play?
Liberty..... Was this their "bad" game? lol
Old 11-26-17, 03:12 PM
All Region

Quote:
I think a lot of these guys watched only the Liberty game where we played subpar. But hey let them think that way

You don't play "subpar" in the playoffs and advance on most cases..... Good hardnosed football team, but this will be the fastest, most physical and best defense they've faced all year...... Hopefully they don't play "subpar" or it will be a long drive home
Old 11-26-17, 03:15 PM
All Yappi

Considering I expected us to lose in round 2 and it's only an hour drive , we will be fine either way.

You are the type that won't be here though if Mentor does pull it out

I'm expecting a good game. I won't disparage your school. I think either can win.

Old 11-26-17, 03:47 PM
All Region

Quote:
Considering I expected us to lose in round 2 and it's only an hour drive , we will be fine either way.

You are the type that won't be here though if Mentor does pull it out

I'm expecting a good game. I won't disparage your school. I think either can win.

I'll be here regardless, I'm just confident in the kids and coaches at my school....
Old 11-26-17, 04:48 PM
Freshman

PickOne is on a distinguished road
CalPreps projected matchup shows Pickerington Central Tigers 34-28 (+6) over Mentor Cardinals. Last week CalPreps had Colerain Cardinals 26-22 (+4) over Tigers, but Pasteur’s Fantastic 50 had Tigers (+1) over Colerain. So CalPreps and F50 were split in projections going in to game that Tigers won by 13. This week F50 has Tigers (+6) over Mentor, so is consistent with CalPreps (PC +6). Ultimately, this is all prolly a wonderful example of authentic frontier gibberish [Blazing Saddles reference].
Old 11-26-17, 06:03 PM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I think on the poll here it seems that Mentor has a lot more blowout wins forecasted , so what does that mean ? That Mentor fans and NE Ohio fans are more overconfident than CO fans and PC people .

No big favorite here at all PC is a small favorite by the computer geeks , so where is this Mentor is being disrespected dynamic ?

Some PC honks are more confident than others but no more confident than the Mentor faithful are they?

Anyway I hear of this 'SUBPAR" effort in a state semi-final by Mentor as if they were only going though the motions as if they ere the Sultans of Swing saving it up for Friday night or whatever day they were going to play the winner of PC-Colerain ? Guitar George knows all the chords after all I hear he is from Mentor and it is said he played that Guitar with a hand behind his back ? He was resting up because he has a daytime time job and he's said to be doing alright ?

yes the running back was out , he is said to be the next guy at Wisconsin ? or was it USC circa 1978 the main guy running the famed 28 pitch on Sunny Saturday's ?

But the subpar game must have included a large negative turnover margin ? UMM actually it didn't . OK it must have been over a 100 yards of stupid penalties and a perfect clean effort from Liberty? ahh NO It wasn't that . OK OK it was a huge mismatch up front and a snap for snap blowout yardage from scrimmage situation ?

HMMMM, Not really , about 35 yards ? So I guess they just weren't trying hard in a State of Ohio Football Semi-final and just didn't take the game seriously because after all they were men and Liberty was boys . I get it , I would just go through the motions myself and let the inferior team stay with us .

Mentor lineman may have a bit of a bigger challenge on their hands this week , so Liberty rushing for over 100 may be closer to 200 may be ? Start buckling up the chin straps boys they may be apt to come loose a time or two
Old 11-26-17, 06:08 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
I try to watch 4-6 games and analyze all of the stats before I make a projection. So far, every playoff game has gone as expected. Every team had fans/parents that were confident they were going to run Central off the field. Northmont had too much speed and their tough GWOC schedule had prepared them for better teams than Central. I think we had a rolling clock and the JV gave up a couple of late scores. Bradley much of the same. Their receivers would be to athletic for Central and their front 7 would shut Central down. Result, pretty much the same as Northmont although Bradley was better. Then came North, the 2nd best D1 team in the state. We overwhelmed them and they quit before the game ended. The Colerain, the Fullback was going to run all over Central, QB finally healthy, yada yada yada. Game wasn’t really close but they were better than all of the other playoff teams except Pick North. The reality is that none of these games were really close. We will see what Mentor has.
Old 11-26-17, 06:19 PM
All American

Actually my bad Liberty a far less talented team than the big bad Cards according to Mentor Grad rushed for a buck 80 on 27 carries over 6 yards a pop. hmm How ? I'm confused , I really am , so how did Liberty do that in a state semi final vs a team that beat mighty ST Ed's and Iggy and was from the worst region in all divisions as someone tried to say R-2 D-1 ?

A team that lost by SIX touchdowns to Pick North not moving the ball at all ? literally . Or also not moving it an inch vs Wayne a first round loser by a wide margin in R-3 to Pic North ?

Must not have been trying . So of course I woud surmise that the line of scrimmage would be all Mentor's on Saturday , I guess stranger things have happened
Old 11-26-17, 07:14 PM
All Yappi

D I State Championship: Mentor (13-1) vs Pickerington Central (13-1)

This Harry crane guy is obsessed with me. I've already given plenty of credit to pick Central. No mentor fan is cocky

I never said region 2 was the worst of all regions in the state. Find one post where I said that. I said it's the worst of the 4 in D1 by far and it is

No matter what happens we are here and this team has impressed me. You talk a lot of trash for being a fan of a program that is far beneath us in football too They are the big bad Cards compared to your soft shamrock program

Old 11-26-17, 07:27 PM
All American

Mentioned your name in reference to ONE comment you know 'The wayyyyy more talented one"?he others had nothing to do with you , I have talked to you may be twice or about you twice all season , Obsessed? Hardly know it all who still lives at home with a view of his old high school at 34 years old dude ? You know it's true .

Again it has been said you assume I am always talking about you , but I quoted you correctly the other stuff NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU , so whos is obsessed ?

Not saying you shouldn't be impressed , or that Mentor isn't an excellent team and program with a great 15 year history , have said your program is the best team not to win a title in D-1 go back and look d-bag and you are a thin skinned know it all , thinks everyone is always talking about him , no praise is enough . Not every thing is about you , trust me your a lightweight

Never disparaged your program at all , just think your we played a subpar game is crap , the team you beat by six points wasn't WAAAAAAAYYYYY less talented , you had the better team and wo the game, how is questioning your WAAAAAYYYYYY better claim trash talking ? You have a problem with not enough praise , go back and quote how I praise your program , it's there, you're thin skinned and whiny and a d-bag personified everyone knows that
Old 11-26-17, 07:49 PM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Mentioned your name in reference to ONE comment you know 'The wayyyyy more talented one"?he others had nothing to do with you , I have talked to you may be twice or about you twice all season , Obsessed? Hardly know it all who still lives at home with a view of his old high school at 34 years old dude ? You know it's true .

Again it has been said you assume I am always talking about you , but I quoted you correctly the other stuff NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU , so whos is obsessed ?

Not saying you shouldn't be impressed , or that Mentor isn't an excellent team and program with a great 15 year history , have said your program is the best team not to win a title in D-1 go back and look d-bag and you are a thin skinned know it all , thinks everyone is always talking about him , no praise is enough . Not every thing is about you , trust me your a lightweight

Never disparaged your program at all , just think your we played a subpar game is crap , the team you beat by six points wasn't WAAAAAAAYYYYY less talented , you had the better team and wo the game, how is questioning your WAAAAAYYYYYY better claim trash talking ? You have a problem with not enough praise , go back and quote how I praise your program , it's there, you're thin skinned and whiny and a d-bag personified everyone knows that
Pass the popcorn this is getting good!
Old 11-26-17, 07:50 PM
All American

Week 14

D-1 State Semi Final

Olentangy Liberty vs Mentor LP Line Mentor - 9 Cal Preps Mentor - 14
{ 35-21}

I see it as a two score margin line wise as well . No doubt Mentor should be the favorite here and their incredibly impressive wins vs the Cleveland Catholic royalty certainly would cement the perception that it may be men vs. Boys.

I don't think the Mentor program and payers are thinking this way , just the perception of the fans and onlookers may be. The way Mentor , which is pronounced 'Menner " in the same way Lancaster is pronounced Lenkuhster " by locals , ran the ball vs Ed's and to a lesser extent Iggy makes most think 'Hey we can run it down a team's throat who lost by a combined 59-0 to Wayne and Pickerington North right? That's how this works right?

Well I suppose sometimes it can but many times using this logic is faulty at best. these two schools share similar demographics , both are on the large end of the D-1 spectrum with Mentor having about 350 more boys in the top 3 grades . Liberty has only been opened since 2003 a year so near back cheating Lying Lance Armstrong was winning tour De France's and Saddam Hussein was captured , I think Donald Trump opined that he no longer had the same respect for Hussein seeing as though Hussein was captured .

1923 was the roaring 20's and cars were scarce , Menner was probably a little house on the Prairie one room school house, OK may be two rooms .

Liberty is one of the top 5- 8 schools in Ohio academic achievement wise , very high standards , Mentor also does an excellent job in that regard not Liberty's stature on this plane but very solid .

Football wise Mentor has been very good for a few years before Liberty was opened, but pretty close to that time . Steve Hale is the only coach Liberty has ever had , Menner coach Triv has bene around for a while himself showing that coaching continuity is a key factor, most programs that really achieve consistently have this.

Liberty has won most of it's play-off games in it's shorter history in the last two seasons , yes in Region 2 it ahs become a bit easier no question. This is Mentor's first game vs a region 2 program so the conventional wisdom is they thrash the smart guys from Powell and send them home with a bruised ego.

Mentor has played great the last two week sand really well all season , but I think while Menner fans can point to Pickerington North and Wayne games for reassurance, I think Liberty can look towards Euclid scoring 59 in a two point loss to Menner and 34 given up in a 38-34 win vs Solon towards the end of the season.

Mentor has the more polished and experienced QB , a nice edge there, they have good RB'S and receivers, edge their O-line vs Liberty D-Line? Menner , Liberty has a nice big back who can move a pile and step around one with quick feet, not a burner at all but at 225 strong and durable . 6-5 Receiver who is becoming a good football player who will likely play hoops in college not paying the full freight .

Wiseman is a Swiss army knife he can do a little bit of everything WELL , he is an excellent cover guy with superior ball skills and a knack for making plays , takeaways that is. In the slot he is a tough match-up. LB Core for Liberty is very good ,they aren't easy to run on at this juncture of the season . Much improved team , but probably not a state level team , Menner is , beating both Ed's and Iggy proves that among other positive attributes, a nice offensive line some stud defensive players that have elevated many of the other players lately .

I think Liberty hangs in and gives a nice account , but I feel even if a bit emotionally spent off of the two huge wins , Mentor ahs a little too much , a QB that is tough to stop , just enough weapons and a strong presence at the line of scrimmage that will help them control things well enough to get the W.

The score is the tough thing though , it most certainly won't be 42-0 , but will it be by less than 9 or where the Louie Line is set?

Mentor - 9 O-Liberty -

Mentor 27 - Liberty 16

HUGE TRASH TALK HERE Liberty is 0-8 vs Coffman
Old 11-26-17, 07:59 PM
All Yappi

D I State Championship: Mentor (13-1) vs Pickerington Central (13-1)

Harry you mentioned me twice in that post alone. About my comment on Liberty and my comment on region 2

You are simultaneously talking against me in the Mentor team thread. So please on the once or twice stuff. It's been more than twice in the last 3-4 days alone.

Also I'll wait for you to quote any mentor fan who is cocky on our chances. And I'll wait for one quote on me saying region 2 was the weakest region of all the divisions combined.

Old 11-26-17, 08:11 PM
All Yappi

cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20...or-state-final

Triv says he expects McDougal to be ready to practice this week and is on track to play Friday. Let's hope so.
Old 11-26-17, 08:14 PM
All American

Just disagreeing with some of your opinions and ideas , that's all your whininess and caustic persona and piss@D off at the world attitude comes shining through , I never said Mentor fans were cocky , READ THE ABOVE PRE GAME POST .

No need to wait for anything , I give opinions , I disagreed with some of yours , so what ? I post what I am thinking even if song lyrics enter the fray . It's just fun , think your team is really good actually and has obviously accomplished a ton this year you should be proud .

Bringing up Coffman was weird , but I must say not much difference between those two teams { Liberty - Coffman } this year overall as most familiar would attest they obviously advanced much further but they weren't all that much better than Coffman actually , game might have turned out similar not the big bad blowout you claim , Mentor has bene the more accomplished better program than Coffman surely but not by the margin you suggest but then again you thought Mentor was WAAAAAYYYY better than Liberty talent wise , eye test and stats suggest differently
Old 11-26-17, 08:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardzfan1234 View Post
http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20...or-state-final

Triv says he expects McDougal to be ready to practice this week and is on track to play Friday. Let's hope so.

Good news if true. Would have been terrible for a senior to miss his last game which is the state title game. Glad for him

Old 11-26-17, 08:35 PM
All American

Yes a great development , it is always tough for a key Senior especially to be on the sidelines deep in the play-offs, wish the young man well and hopefully he goes and can be close to full strength , ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity , lets hope he goes and is as close to 100 percent as possible
Old 11-26-17, 08:53 PM
All District

This is a total mismatch. Central wins this game by 3 scores. Not being disrespectful, just being honest. I have watched 2 games, not even close. Sorry.
Old 11-26-17, 09:02 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
This is a total mismatch. Central wins this game by 3 scores. Not being disrespectful, just being honest. I have watched 2 games, not even close. Sorry.
Three safeties? Three field goals? Three touchdowns...with or without the single extra point? Two safeties and one field goal? There are countless other possibilities. This is disrespectful for a title game. I noticed you didn't vote for the PC 17+.
Old 11-26-17, 09:32 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
Three safeties? Three field goals? Three touchdowns...with or without the single extra point? Two safeties and one field goal? There are countless other possibilities. This is disrespectful for a title game. I noticed you didn't vote for the PC 17+.
Central by 24. Vote submitted.
Old 11-26-17, 10:09 PM
All Region

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
I wish I felt as confident as everyone else in central Ohio!
Old 11-27-17, 02:38 AM
All District

Iluvftball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
You area very good poster Lotr , I realize you didn't come out and say Colerain was better , but you kind of did in a roundabout way, and now you are taking Mentor , which is OK but what's the logic? TUNROVERS again or the lackthereof you think a PC opponent is due for .
The way I see it is Harry everybody outside of Central love to discredit The OCC. Me and you know that the OCC is the BEST CONFERENCE in the State of Ohio sport by sport. There is always an OCC team in every Final Four in just about every sport both Girls and Boys. What other conference in the state does that?

With that being said PC by 13.
Old 11-27-17, 03:13 AM
All American

UnTouchableVoL33 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UnTouchableVoL33
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvftball View Post
the way i see it is harry everybody outside of central love to discredit the occ. Me and you know that the occ is the best conference in the state of ohio sport by sport. There is always an occ team in every final four in just about every sport both girls and boys. What other conference in the state does that?

With that being said pc by 13.
gcl & mac .....gmc & gwoc