Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Mentor by 17+ 8 6.96%
Mentor by 8-16 15 13.04%
Mentor by 1-7 33 28.70%
Pickerington Central by 1-7 25 21.74%
Pickerington Central by 8-16 32 27.83%
Pickerington Central by 17+ 2 1.74%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-17, 09:31 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picktowncentral View Post
I know for a fact that all the starters from that team were all from Pickerington.
We are friends with the mom of the Arkansas State kid. The wife played basketball at Wehrle during them years and was good friends with the assistant who passed away last summer, so I know the composition of the team. Who wants to say that their kid just isn't that good? I'm friends with the mom of the really good small forward in class of 2019, and she's heard that crap from neighbors for years, too.
Old 12-05-17, 10:41 AM
Freshman

0-16gobrowns is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang fan View Post
I agree.

Seems like to me anyway the discussion as to who would win the R1 championship centered primarily around Eds and Iggy. However, once again the Cardinals defeated both assemblers to emerge as regional champs...Subsequently, getting to the state title game.

No shame (in my book anyway) not coming away with the title...Mentor lost to a team that is obviously worthy and deserving of the state title. Congrats PC as your decisive win over Mentor was as eye opening as it was impressive. Enjoy the spoils of being state champs.

To Mentor, I say hold your heads up high and be proud of your season accomplishments and your football tradition...You guys are always in "the hunt" and included in the discussion come playoff time...Not many programs can say that.

Thank you very much ! Very much appreciated.
Old 12-05-17, 03:31 PM
All Region

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
We are friends with the mom of the Arkansas State kid. The wife played basketball at Wehrle during them years and was good friends with the assistant who passed away last summer, so I know the composition of the team. Who wants to say that their kid just isn't that good? I'm friends with the mom of the really good small forward in class of 2019, and she's heard that crap from neighbors for years, too.
I'm not saying that some of the more recent teams aren't AAU's. However, I personally know most of the players on the 2012 team, including Kern. At the time, I just chalked it up as "PC is a football town".
Old 12-11-17, 09:57 PM
All Region

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
This years team was senior heavy for sure. We should be strong at the skill positions next year and decent on the line. Training will take 1 month off then competition for next year will begin. A more accurate opinion can be given around July.
We will be just fine.... ALOT of young talent on the freshman and JV teams thst probably would have been starters on other teams and a MONSTER on the Dline at 6'4 270 sophomore that didn't dress for the playoffs
Old 12-12-17, 08:32 AM
All Ohio

OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTigerTrackCoach View Post
We will be just fine.... ALOT of young talent on the freshman and JV teams thst probably would have been starters on other teams and a MONSTER on the Dline at 6'4 270 sophomore that didn't dress for the playoffs
I hear you Coach. The cupboards at Central are far from empty. I might be a little biased because I have a son in this group but when this years 7th, 8th, and 9th are varsity players they are going to be nasty. I am in no way saying the 10th and 11th this year aren't strong I'm just not that familiar with that group. PC players tend to have good off season work-out dedication and that is what separates us from many other programs. I hope the younger guys keep it going.
Old 12-12-17, 08:36 AM
Freshman

0-16gobrowns is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
I hear you Coach. The cupboards at Central are far from empty. I might be a little biased because I have a son in this group but when this years 7th, 8th, and 9th are varsity players they are going to be nasty. I am in no way saying the 10th and 11th this year aren't strong I'm just not that familiar with that group. PC players tend to have good off season work-out dedication and that is what separates us from many other programs. I hope the younger guys keep it going.

The young guys will be very powerful. They already know what is expected of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk