Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Mentor by 17+ 8 6.96%
Mentor by 8-16 15 13.04%
Mentor by 1-7 33 28.70%
Pickerington Central by 1-7 25 21.74%
Pickerington Central by 8-16 32 27.83%
Pickerington Central by 17+ 2 1.74%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-17, 03:31 PM
All Region

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
We are friends with the mom of the Arkansas State kid. The wife played basketball at Wehrle during them years and was good friends with the assistant who passed away last summer, so I know the composition of the team. Who wants to say that their kid just isn't that good? I'm friends with the mom of the really good small forward in class of 2019, and she's heard that crap from neighbors for years, too.
I'm not saying that some of the more recent teams aren't AAU's. However, I personally know most of the players on the 2012 team, including Kern. At the time, I just chalked it up as "PC is a football town".
Old 12-11-17, 09:57 PM
All Region

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
This years team was senior heavy for sure. We should be strong at the skill positions next year and decent on the line. Training will take 1 month off then competition for next year will begin. A more accurate opinion can be given around July.
We will be just fine.... ALOT of young talent on the freshman and JV teams thst probably would have been starters on other teams and a MONSTER on the Dline at 6'4 270 sophomore that didn't dress for the playoffs
Old 12-12-17, 08:32 AM
All Ohio

OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTigerTrackCoach View Post
We will be just fine.... ALOT of young talent on the freshman and JV teams thst probably would have been starters on other teams and a MONSTER on the Dline at 6'4 270 sophomore that didn't dress for the playoffs
I hear you Coach. The cupboards at Central are far from empty. I might be a little biased because I have a son in this group but when this years 7th, 8th, and 9th are varsity players they are going to be nasty. I am in no way saying the 10th and 11th this year aren't strong I'm just not that familiar with that group. PC players tend to have good off season work-out dedication and that is what separates us from many other programs. I hope the younger guys keep it going.
Old 12-15-17, 11:03 AM
Varsity

Saltlife is on a distinguished road
yes their d line should be very good. already hearing they are winning the recruiting battle for the gahanna stud dlineman holding 4 or 5 d1 offers that will be a senior next year.
Old 12-15-17, 11:09 AM
Varsity

sscje is on a distinguished road
Yes, apparently Gahanna head coach is really upset. The kid still goes to Gahanna and on Rivals today, it already has him listed as being at Pick Central. Sounds like the coach is getting OHSAA involved, as he believes that they have recruited his player.
Old 12-15-17, 11:30 AM
All Region

sportfan97 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscje View Post
Yes, apparently Gahanna head coach is really upset. The kid still goes to Gahanna and on Rivals today, it already has him listed as being at Pick Central. Sounds like the coach is getting OHSAA involved, as he believes that they have recruited his player.

Wonít be the first or last time this happens at Pickerington Central. If my memory serves me correctly a few years back a wrestling coach from Central took the blame for recruiting a wrestler from another school who just also happened to be a very good football player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-17, 11:41 AM
Junior Varsity

0-16gobrowns is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfan97 View Post
Wonít be the first or last time this happens at Pickerington Central. If my memory serves me correctly a few years back a wrestling coach from Central took the blame for recruiting a wrestler from another school who just also happened to be a very good football player.

LOL funny. Amazing how you try and blast Central fir a kid who isnít even here yet on s random Rivals website his school has changed. I would suggest making your team better. Kids leave Central all the time. Nothing is said. But letís not forget all the home grown talent in Gahanna like Lowery and Buckner. I bet they chose to go to Gahanna because of the fantastic academics they offer there.

Old 12-15-17, 01:26 PM
Junior Varsity

thedudeabides is on a distinguished road
go browns... ask the three previous posters who their team is.. that's all you need to know
Old 12-15-17, 02:04 PM
All Region

Another good example of shady activity at central. Zach Boren is playing football at North. The panthers start 0-3. Pickerington schools allows Boren to transfer week 4 and start playing football at central

Old 12-15-17, 02:13 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Another good example of shady activity at central. Zach Boren is playing football at North. The panthers start 0-3. Pickerington schools allows Boren to transfer week 4 and start playing football at central

Pickerington schools allow Boren to transfer and play week 4. Yes they allowed it because there was no rule in place. Borenís dad was the one that pulled Zach and moved him to Central. Get your facts straight before you throw crap like that out. And that was back in 2006 before the schools had even played each other. Now the famous ďBoren Rule ď is in effect because of that. Still amazing how you can bring up stuff that far back and try to justify anything. The current senior class that won the state title two weeks ago was in the first grade then ! More dumb acquisitions coming I am sure.

Old 12-15-17, 02:33 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Didn't he then transfer back to North for baseball that same school year, then back to Central the following year for football ? or was that Justin? Or is the whole thing just an Urban Legend?
Old 12-15-17, 02:38 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-16gobrowns View Post
Pickerington schools allow Boren to transfer and play week 4. Yes they allowed it because there was no rule in place. Borenís dad was the one that pulled Zach and moved him to Central. Get your facts straight before you throw crap like that out. And that was back in 2006 before the schools had even played each other. Now the famous ďBoren Rule ď is in effect because of that. Still amazing how you can bring up stuff that far back and try to justify anything. The current senior class that won the state title two weeks ago was in the first grade then ! More dumb acquisitions coming I am sure.

What did I post that wasnít factual?

There are other documented examples of players at central having to sit out a season for OHSAA transfer/residency violations. A recruiting/improper contact with a parent by the coaching staff, allowing them on the Pickerington Central sideline during a game. How many violations have been committed by other schools in the OCCóOhio?

Old 12-15-17, 02:39 PM
Junior Varsity

LOL Urban legend. Zach transferred in the 4th game of his sophomore year and never went back. Played DT as a sophomore to help the team them moved to LB and RB in his junior and senior year. Justin never played for Central after the schools split. But I was told that there dad was not happy at all with the direction of the North program and decided after seeing how it was going that Zach was not going to go through what Justin did.
Old 12-15-17, 02:56 PM
Junior Varsity

WOW you make this up as you go ? You should be a politician ! Take a story and bend it so it sounds like what you want people to think. Amazing !!!!
Old 12-15-17, 03:13 PM
All Region

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.co...-2016-meeting/

http://www.jjhuddle.com/2008/10/20/o...rs-ineligible/

Old 12-15-17, 04:35 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So all of this recruiting has been going on and all you can dig up is an article about a parent on the sideline of a high school football game and a 9 year old article about two players who submitted false addresses to the school district which then submitted the information to OHSAA?

Every kid I talk to from Lakeview (North) says they want to come to Ridgeview (Central). I tell every kid to stay put, they wont see the field over here.
For the record, my kids have grown up in the Central district and plays for Ridgeview. We are building a house in the North side but are going to open enroll to Ridgeview (Central).
Parents from the Lakeview 7th grade team told me that one of their coaches specifically mentioned my kids name as one who they were going to get to come to North. This has never been an option or even mentioned as a possibility so I don't know why this coach would have said that. I don't even know the guy.
Old 12-15-17, 04:48 PM
Junior Varsity

Muddy is on a distinguished road
Look who crawled out from under his rock. Ssjce where is your butt buddy filmguru? You have been MIA since the regional championship game.
Old 12-15-17, 04:53 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
Look who crawled out from under his rock. Ssjce where is your butt buddy filmguru? You have been MIA since the regional championship game.

Lol. It took him all that time to think of something cleaver like the 2 past articles. A novel on what goes on every day at the other school would completely blow everyoneís marbles. But hey that Gatorade 7-7 championship trophy is really keen.

Old 12-15-17, 04:54 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What did I post that wasnít factual?

There are other documented examples of players at central having to sit out a season for OHSAA transfer/residency violations. A recruiting/improper contact with a parent by the coaching staff, allowing them on the Pickerington Central sideline during a game. How many violations have been committed by other schools in the OCCóOhio?

Who was the big 6'10 kid sitting on the Pickerington North Basketball bench last week? Was he on the JV last year?
Old 12-15-17, 04:57 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Who was the big 6'10 kid sitting on the Pickerington North Basketball bench last week? Was he on the JV last year?

Oh he mysteriously moved here from Centerburg along with the kid from Wayne ( who just so happens to play football ). Has to be the education that is provided over there. No way in heck would they do anything underhanded to try and get the upper hand !

Old 12-15-17, 09:43 PM
Varsity

pctigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That’s funny Gahanna getting OHSAA involved, maybe they should take a serious look at themselves and Mr Lowey, before pointing fingers

Sscje .. you being the co-prez up at north ... you also might not want to point fingers.... since your coach has made it know they will get the players they need ...
Old 12-15-17, 10:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
You have been awful quiet lately....How bout them Tigers? Did you ever find out who the time keeper was at the PC/PN game? He should really just stay in the bleachers next time we play at North. How did your 6'9" basketball recruit get hurt already?
Old 12-16-17, 09:23 AM
Varsity

a basketball reference on a football board. I try to be nuetral and keep posts factual. let me help the north posters in this defense. the 6 9 transfer is the best friend of a senior on the team. for central guys to use a bball transfer in an argument shows either a complete lack of knowledge or you clearly arent in the know and are simply a homer. my question for you guys is what prominant aau program is Francis tied to and when he was coaching how many kids from around the state tied to this program transfered in???? Since leaving, who are the clingers behind the bench and sitting at half court and what orgs are they tied to? how many kids in the central basketball program in the past 10 years are pickerington kids? final question, who is the truency officer at pickerington in charge of checking residences? if you do not know these answers and cannot connect the dots those citing basketball transfers cannot be taken seriously, they either do not know the facts or they are homers who cannot be taken seriously.
Old 12-16-17, 09:54 AM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
Yeah, kind of lame citing hoops transfers on a football board.

So let’s point to the elephant in the room for North fans. By all accounts (I’ve heard from people on both sides of Picktown) there is a huge drop in QB talent behind Jimmy Football. People on both sides have said or implied that North’s QB1 in 2018 will be someone who wasn’t a Panther in 2017. It’s not a sure thing but I think it’s a safe bet North has a QB move-in between now and August.

Since you guys are cool with starting/spreading rumors and making accusations... about a month or so ago I heard a story. Apparently the 9th grade QB at Reynoldsburg is very talented, and a representative of the North program has been in contact with him about moving over to take or complete for the QB1 job. Word is, Buddy White is ticked off. Anyone care to elaborate?
Old 12-16-17, 10:14 AM
Varsity

I have been very transparent in my posts regarding transfers. It is the new norm and especially on the east side of columbus it is in hyper mode. gahanna dlineman to central is a done deal from what I hear. qb position is now a spot kids for sure will transfer for. bradleys qb was a pickerington kid as was gahannas. as i posted prior when defending a central transfer who cares just make sure i are dotted and t are crossed. the only time I bring it up regarding central is when the central homers say they dont have transfers which is ridiculous. the only way to stay a power in public school football is by getting transfers. sure there are anomalies but by and large colerain wayne trotwood central and even springfield now are in part helped by transfers. North is becoming a one also and yes there will be multiple qbs coming I am sure. the talent at reynoldsburg and not winning like they should i would be worried if i was their coach as well. many reynoldsburg transfers at central and north past 5 years from the burg.
Old 12-16-17, 10:35 AM
All Region

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Both schools get transfers. If the i’s aren’t dotted and t’s aren’t crossed at this point, the schools should be penalized. The name-calling and hearsay is b.s. Let’s keep the topic on football and, more specifically, the championship game.

Go Tigers!
Old 12-16-17, 10:43 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picktowncentral View Post
Both schools get transfers. If the iís arenít dotted and tís arenít crossed at this point, the schools should be penalized. The name-calling and hearsay is b.s. Letís keep the topic on football and, more specifically, the championship game.

Go Tigers!

Well said. Congrats Central on a magnificent FOOTBALL season !!!!

Old 12-16-17, 10:50 AM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
I agree with you to an extent... but I don’t believe Central fans on this board or Huddle ever denied having transfers. We have denied recruiting. The North fans have been the ones recently making the most noise about recruiting, and Central fans have merely pointed out that North has had their share of questionable move-ins.

That said, last season’s Central team was not full of transfers. There were a handful of transfers from North (and North had a few Central kids). There were no Reynoldsburg, Gahanna, Canal, G-port, etc. kids. These kids all played PYAA together.
Old 12-16-17, 10:54 AM
All Ohio

Good job Slife...A breath of fresh air that you openly admit PN is recruiting QB's as we speak. I attend many events around town as OneT jr. plays sports year round. Any requirements for this QB? height, age, gpa.? well skip the gpa thing we all know PN has a special program for those guys. The saddest thing is when PN won the state in baseball it was "Hey, good job guys way to represent Picktown" ....same as when they won track, that was awesome. Pick Central has a couple new guys move in in 08" and PN parents hire a detective and go to the school board. Absolutely pathetic. The players in question were ruled legal after a hearing which Sportfan97 seemed to forget. My son was on the team..I lived it so don't try to BS any of these folks. Yes, a coach got in some hot water, he's back now with a ring. The transfer thing gets really old. PC haters really need a new schtick.
Old 12-16-17, 10:59 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
I agree with you to an extent... but I donít believe Central fans on this board or Huddle ever denied having transfers. We have denied recruiting. The North fans have been the ones recently making the most noise about recruiting, and Central fans have merely pointed out that North has had their share of questionable move-ins.

That said, last seasonís Central team was not full of transfers. There were a handful of transfers from North (and North had a few Central kids). There were no Reynoldsburg, Gahanna, Canal, G-port, etc. kids. These kids all played PYAA together.

Well said. Centrals core football team has played together since 1st grade in PYAA. The hard think to believe is there are more football players that did not play because they concentrate on one sport. If the guys who run track actually played the added speed to what is already a blazing fast Central team would just be unfair.