Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
T-M by 17+ 31 40.79%
T-M by 8-16 23 30.26%
T-M by 1-7 4 5.26%
Tri-Valley by 1-7 15 19.74%
Tri-Valley by 8-16 2 2.63%
Tri-Valley by 17+ 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-17, 05:02 PM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Good Luck to TV. Region 9 Champion STVM will be back in 2018 return 16 of 22 including nearly all their skills and front 7 on Defense. Padua will be a favorite in Region 10. Region 11? Desales? Will Trotwood reload in 18?
Old 11-29-17, 06:30 PM
All District

TVDAWGS32 is on a distinguished road
Yes, they were extremely young this year, led by a Sophmore RB and Qb. I believe that Keyes has enough athletic ability to be in the running for a Mr. Football title of his own by his Senior season. He is extremely talented.
Old 11-29-17, 07:10 PM
All District

Here is the link for the Storied Rivals coverage of the State Semi-final between TV and SVSM. Win or lose next week, I am so proud of these kids and what they have done. But what the hell, since we are here, we might as well go out and shock the state and win the whole damn thing! GO DAWGS!! We believe in you!! I honestly believe we have had more talented teams that fell short, because they did not play with the intensity and heart that this group does.

Old 11-29-17, 07:37 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Just heard from a reliable source that a sizable contingent from The NC will be in attendance to pull for the Dawgs.
Old 11-29-17, 07:45 PM
All District

I hope so. Hope to see a lot of our MVL faithful there. I feel bad for those JG kids. They surpassed everyones expectations and came just short of making even more history. If only we had 2 MVL teams playing this weekend. I tried telling everyone on Yappi that JG was no joke and they would be there til the end of the game. Nobody would believe me. Call me crazy, but I think JG actually matches up better against Steubenville than Massie does.
Old 11-29-17, 09:03 PM
Freshman

dresdendawgfan is on a distinguished road
Yes I said all year I feared playing john Glenn in the mvl more than anyone. They were for real. Actually I feel tv has made made the mvl stronger by playing against them. Can't wait till kickoff. The big stage is here for these boys,hope they come out with throttle wide open
Old 11-29-17, 09:11 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVDAWGS32 View Post
I hope so. Hope to see a lot of our MVL faithful there. I feel bad for those JG kids. They surpassed everyones expectations and came just short of making even more history. If only we had 2 MVL teams playing this weekend. I tried telling everyone on Yappi that JG was no joke and they would be there til the end of the game. Nobody would believe me. Call me crazy, but I think JG actually matches up better against Steubenville than Massie does.
Agreed it would have been cool...but you canít let a team with Massieís playoff experience hang around that long without things going south.

I honestly donít think either team matches up that well with Steubenville. Itís their year. Either way, Iím counting on you guys to shock the world this weekend.
Old 11-29-17, 10:47 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
This weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Agreed it would have been cool...but you canít let a team with Massieís playoff experience hang around that long without things going south.

I honestly donít think either team matches up that well with Steubenville. Itís their year. Either way, Iím counting on you guys to shock the world this weekend.
We welcome the Scotties to the top of the mountain. #ramnation.
Old 11-30-17, 05:18 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresdendawgfan View Post
Yes I said all year I feared playing john Glenn in the mvl more than anyone. They were for real. Actually I feel tv has made made the mvl stronger by playing against them. Can't wait till kickoff. The big stage is here for these boys,hope they come out with throttle wide open
I know at the very least when Buttermore he came he sure shook up the MVL. How many teams ran a spread offense prior to Buttermore's arrival? Zero. It was all about the Wing-T. Now there's what, 21 school that still run the Wing-T and that's Maysville. Since this shift, I do feel the MVL has slowly made progress.
Old 11-30-17, 06:32 AM
All American

#letsgetit is on a distinguished road
That is a cute narrative you Tri Valley fans are trying to paint. However, this is not "Rudy." Trotwood 44 Tri Valley 13
Old 11-30-17, 07:19 AM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
TV runs the spread ? I thought the key to the success was Brian White and his influence ? lol , Yes yes the strength program helped string out the plodding sweep after sweep Hartley offense that never really gave them much else until the 4th quarter when it became obvious they weren't going to be able to drive 80 yards just running sweeps or QB keepers and threw the ball downfield hoping to have a prayer or two answered .

Progress? Who wants Progress? A White disciple wants to play in this century? Come on ? yes I knew TV ran a modern day football offense the question was rhetorical but I hope they at least employ the 50 shade defense from time to time
Old 11-30-17, 08:32 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
TV runs the spread ? I thought the key to the success was Brian White and his influence ? lol , Yes yes the strength program helped string out the plodding sweep after sweep Hartley offense that never really gave them much else until the 4th quarter when it became obvious they weren't going to be able to drive 80 yards just running sweeps or QB keepers and threw the ball downfield hoping to have a prayer or two answered .

Progress? Who wants Progress? A White disciple wants to play in this century? Come on ? yes I knew TV ran a modern day football offense the question was rhetorical but I hope they at least employ the 50 shade defense from time to time
Dude, what are you rambling about?? Nobody was even talking to you or answering your rhetorical question. I don't even know what question you are referring to. I was speaking to Dresdendawgfan and Doverbuck. So before getting mouthy and being a smartass towards people, you might want to make sure there is even a reason to do so.
Old 11-30-17, 08:44 AM
All American

Everyone is not talking to you I certainly wasn't , just some of the references previously when someone took a unprovoked swipe, nothing to do with you I know you are the ring leader of the thread , no disrespect , I hope your team wins actually root for CO teams 95 percent of the time . Oh there is a reason , and you sir are not it
Old 11-30-17, 08:58 AM
Varsity

noclue is on a distinguished road
Trotwood 35- TV 7
Old 11-30-17, 08:58 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by #letsgetit View Post
That is a cute narrative you Tri Valley fans are trying to paint. However, this is not "Rudy." Trotwood 44 Tri Valley 13
Damn people, we are not trying to paint any kind of picture. We are stating facts. We are going into this game as a big underdog. Just because we are a huge underdog doesn't mean we expect our kids to go in and lay down. They are going to fight and do their best. I mean really, how else would you like us to discuss this game?? Lie and say that we are the heavy favorites!!?? Or maybe we should just concede to popular opinion and say that we think Trotwood is going to destroy us. What kind of fan would we be then?? I guess anything we say we will be considered as trying to create a cinderella story, when in fact we are simply stating facts.

Last edited by TVDAWGS32; 11-30-17 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-30-17, 09:17 AM
All American

It's not a Cinderella story TV has been a very solid program , most know they aren't laying down and will play hard for the full 48 no matter what happens .

You earned the right by winning 4 ballgames against good teams , Yes Trotty seems on a different plane in terms of material { personnel} and is being given the proper due as a pretty heavy favorite, but Pasteur has it as only a 12 point difference which is about what TWM beat Pickerington Central by, seems like a light number , but I am positive TV will play well and hard, whether that is enough to compete really well and win remains to be seen .

No matter what happens here , it is HUGE for the TV program and getting to a state final gives it huge momentum as a program , all positive here no matter the outcome ,Honestly I think I would lay the 12 pretty heavily , but that doesn't mean disrespect for TV but rather thinking TWM is kind of scary talent wise especially at the D-3 level
Old 11-30-17, 09:26 AM
All Region

Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
I just watched the Tv Vs Hartley game, and TV game them plenty of opportunities Hartley just wouldnít adjust. Seemingly the same play every down. IMO like other squads TV will prepare for Ray 3k, and nothing else.

No 11 on TV seems ready, and looks to be a handful.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 11-30-17, 09:31 AM
All American

#letsgetit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
I just watched the Tv Vs Hartley game, and TV game them plenty of opportunities Hartley just wouldnít adjust. Seemingly the same play every down. IMO like other squads TV will prepare for Ray 3k, and nothing else.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
I liked #2 as well.
Old 11-30-17, 09:41 AM
All Region

Quote:
It's not a Cinderella story TV has been a very solid program , most know they aren't laying down and will play hard for the full 48 no matter what happens .

You earned the right by winning 4 ballgames against good teams , Yes Trotty seems on a different plane in terms of material { personnel} and is being given the proper due as a pretty heavy favorite, but Pasteur has it as only a 12 point difference which is about what TWM beat Pickerington Central by, seems like a light number , but I am positive TV will play well and hard, whether that is enough to compete really well and win remains to be seen .

No matter what happens here , it is HUGE for the TV program and getting to a state final gives it huge momentum as a program , all positive here no matter the outcome ,Honestly I think I would lay the 12 pretty heavily , but that doesn't mean disrespect for TV but rather thinking TWM is kind of scary talent wise especially at the D-3 level
5 times to the finals with just 1 victory, and 2 times to the final 4 since 2010. You only need to win by 1 point my friend, we not here to impress anyone we just want one more point than TV at the end of 4qrts. Everybody is humbled on our end even the posters.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 11-30-17, 09:48 AM
All District

Quote:
Everyone is not talking to you I certainly wasn't , just some of the references previously when someone took a unprovoked swipe, nothing to do with you I know you are the ring leader of the thread , no disrespect , I hope your team wins actually root for CO teams 95 percent of the time . Oh there is a reason , and you sir are not it
Well, I will just remove foot from mouth then, lol. I assumed you were when all the things you mentioned about the spread and Coach White, were all things I had posted. My bad.
Old 11-30-17, 09:57 AM
All District

Quote:

That's what I was trying to say in response to someone who said TV fans keep trying to paint a picture of a Cinderella story with our comments. That's not at all what we are trying to do. I am just stating basically what you just said. We do have a really good program, but Trotwood is a big favorite. Even so, I don't think our kids are just going to go into the game and lay down, or have this "we are just happy to be here" attitude. Expectations are much higher than they used to be. However, as you stated, Trotwood seems to be on a complete different level this year. So, if by saying that, it makes me some sort of dreamer with my head in the clouds who tries making the game into a Cinderella story, than I guess that's what I am. I'm just not sure how I should say it without coming across that way?
Old 11-30-17, 10:15 AM
All Ohio

member1 is on a distinguished road
Don't be scurred!!!

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.c...yet/896587001/

Good article. Nothing to be scared of. Tri-valley has proved it's worth for this game. Beat some really good teams. Here and now. There are no underdogs! just champions and runner-ups! Good luck to both teams!

Rams 28 Tri-valley 17!

On another note. Just not fair to Southern Ohio Schools for the Canton trip. Columbus was awesome! 1/1.5 hours. That is easy for a school district logistically. 3/3.5 maybe even 4 on a school bus??? That sucks.

I heard T-wood has decided that it just was not feasible to take students up on school buses with the possibility of getting back at 3,3:30 in the AM. I know that may hurt the fan base. But I get it. I know from living in the area that if the school cannot get them there some of those kids and fans even, won't go. Sad but understanding the socio-economics of that area..... I get that too. I hate when outsiders look at fan basis of places and make judgments about the community support when they just do not know the whole story.

Regardless I hope it works out and kids and community folks can get up there to support! But really OHSAA should take some of these thing into consideration. I know it's about the money..... But it really should not be.

Columbus is in the center of the state and it is the state capital. All the championships should be there!
Old 11-30-17, 10:44 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post

Good article. Nothing to be scared of. Tri-valley has proved it's worth for this game. Beat some really good teams. Here and now. There are no underdogs! just champions and runner-ups! Good luck to both teams!

Rams 28 Tri-valley 17!

On another note. Just not fair to Southern Ohio Schools for the Canton trip. Columbus was awesome! 1/1.5 hours. That is easy for a school district logistically. 3/3.5 maybe even 4 on a school bus??? That sucks.

I heard T-wood has decided that it just was not feasible to take students up on school buses with the possibility of getting back at 3,3:30 in the AM. I know that may hurt the fan base. But I get it. I know from living in the area that if the school cannot get them there some of those kids and fans even, won't go. Sad but understanding the socio-economics of that area..... I get that too. I hate when outsiders look at fan basis of places and make judgments about the community support when they just do not know the whole story.

Regardless I hope it works out and kids and community folks can get up there to support! But really OHSAA should take some of these thing into consideration. I know it's about the money..... But it really should not be.

Columbus is in the center of the state and it is the state capital. All the championships should be there!
I agree with it being in Columbus based on that aspect. It is the most central location and makes travel distances more equal for everyone. It is quite a large difference between travel distance for TV and TW. TV is like a 76 mile drive, while TW is over a 150 mile drive. On other aspects though it makes more sense for it to be in Canton. One is just the history and the fact that Canton is home to the football H.O.F. Another is the stadium size. It makes the game feel bigger in a smaller stadium as opposed to having 10,000 fans in a 105,000 seat stadium. With all that said, I think fair and equal travel distance should trump all and it should be held in The Shoe. Besides that, how big is that for high school kids to get an opportunity to say they have played a game in The Shoe!!
Old 11-30-17, 10:48 AM
All District

Quote:

Rams 28 Tri-valley 17!

In most instances you are right about no underdogs in a title game. However, (and I think most people would agree) Trotwood just seems like they are on a whole other level than any other D3 school. I honestly think Trotwood is one of the top 3 (if not the best) teams in the entire state! TV will not go in scared by any means, but no fear and plausability are 2 different things. Best of luck to both teams and hope for a great game.
Old 11-30-17, 11:18 AM
Freshman

dresden2canton is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Rams 28 Tri-valley 17!

In terms of the game location....

Whenever the games are in Canton past, this year, in the future, you can rest assured that no one from the Cincinnati schools will be happy about it.

The overall experience when the game is in Stark County is completely different. The entire stark county community gets behind it, the restaurants open early in the morning, hotels run specials, the pro football HOF runs specials, the people working the game are welcoming and very cordial to all people traveling into the county. This is not my opinion because I live in Stark County, you'll find that most people who go to these championship game's regularly will attest the same.
When the games are in Columbus it's most certainly an afterthought to the community. My group of guys and I have now been going to these state championship games for 15 years in a row.....the experience in Columbus is not even comparable to canton from a fan's perspective. First, it's incredibly ridiculous to put 10,000 people in a 110,000 person stadium, it feels like a spring practice as the quarterbacks cadence echoes through the empty seats...the exact opposite of the vibration of energy or excitement you have in Canton. In Columbus they literally have crotchety old Usher's guarding each section as if it were the southern boarder. The food is ridiculously priced, it's a high school game with high school fan's not an Ohio State game adjust your prices accordingly! The parking is bad and you have to walk half a mile and pay to do it. Most noticeably, the community has no idea that the events even going on! Last year at the Shoe we literally walked right down the road to BW3's with a group of other fans and the store manager asked us what game was being played at the Shoe and what was going on?! They didn't have the broadcast of the games on in any of the restaurants and it took them halfway through our meal to figure out how to get it! This just wasn't one place it was most places....local establishments right down the road aren't even aware as this event is happening right under their nose!
In Stark County businesses alter their hours of operation and sometimes even menu around the game. The games are on big screens at every place that you'll stop and on every TV. Businesses signs will be welcoming local high school fans to the county.

So from a "players traveling" perspective I get it that Cincinnati fans will always and forever feel inconvenienced to come to Canton.... but then again you're in the state finals! come a day early and stay in a hotel... Whether you're a fan or a student this is a big deal doesn't happen all the time. Families regularly pack up and drive three or four hours to go to a silly indoor water park or amusement park for the weekend and drop a grand or so without batting an eye... we're talking about watching your community and hometown team fight for a State title, that doesn't happen all the time. If Tri-Valley were playing in Texas for this State title on Saturday I'd be there in a New York minute without one complaint. I guess some people just take for granted how special this is and thus going to the game turns into a convenience factor rather than a day you'll never forget.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited by dresden2canton; 11-30-17 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-30-17, 11:51 AM
Freshman

dresdendawgfan is on a distinguished road
Amen to that. Hope it never goes back to the shoe. Red coats were so disrespectful and grumpy. I remembered when Athens played tcc and there were many fans that came in a caravan and couldn't even sit together in a stadium that holds 110k.Besides canton is the birthplace of football in ohio
Old 11-30-17, 11:57 AM
Junior Varsity

Kendawwg25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Where did you watch this game? On Demand?
Old 11-30-17, 12:16 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresden2canton View Post
“When the games are in Columbus it's an afterthought to the community. My group of guys and I have now been going to these state championship games for 15 years in a row and the experience in Columbus is not even comparable to canton from a fan perspective. It's ridiculous to put 10,000 people in 100,000 person Stadium, it feels like a spring practice and the quarterbacks Cadence Echoes through the empty seats... No vibration of energy or excitement there. In Columbus they literally have crotchety old Usher's guarding each section as if it were the southern boarder. The food is ridiculously priced as if it were in Ohio State game, the parking sucks as you have to walk half a mile and pay to do it. Most noticeably, the community has no idea that the events even going on! Last year at the Shoe we literally walked right down the road to BW3's with a group of other fans and the store manager asked us what game was being played at the Shoe and what was going on?! They didn't have the broadcast of the games on in any of the restaurants and it took them halfway through our meal to figure out how to get it! This just wasn't one place it was most places....local establishments right down the road aren't even aware of the game happening.”

I guess some people just take for granted how special this is and when that happens going to the game turns into a convenience factor rather than a day you'll never forget.

Yeah as we were getting straight slapped by Hoban, and we decided to take in Columbus know one, I’m mean know one seemed to know that the event was even taking place.

As far as my community being appreciative of being in the Finals believe me we are. You have to understand, you guys are new here, but for us we have been on the highway since 2010. Findlay, Lima, Wapak, Franklin, Mason, Sidney, Piqua, Mason, Turpin, Kings, Winton Woods, Stark County, Columbus etc.... Dude the traveling part gets F*******G old. Especially when you only brought the jewelry home once.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 11-30-17, 12:17 PM
All Ohio

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresden2canton View Post
In terms of the game location....

Whenever the games are in Canton in the past this year in the future you can rest assured that no one from the Cincinnati schools will be happy about it.

The overall experience when the game's is in Stark County is completely different however. The entire stark county community gets behind it, the restaurants open early in the morning, hotels run specials, the pro football hof runs specials, the people working the game are welcoming and very cordial to all people traveling in to the county. This is not my opinion because I live in Stark County you'll find that most people who go to these championship game is regularly will test the same thing.
When the games are in Columbus it's an afterthought to the community. My group of guys and I have now been going to these state championship games for 15 years in a row and the experience in Columbus is not even comparable to canton from a fan perspective. It's ridiculous to put 10,000 people in 100,000 person Stadium, it feels like a spring practice and the quarterbacks Cadence Echoes through the empty seats... No vibration of energy or excitement there. In Columbus they literally have crotchety old Usher's guarding each section as if it were the southern boarder. The food is ridiculously priced as if it were in Ohio State game, the parking sucks as you have to walk half a mile and pay to do it. Most noticeably, the community has no idea that the events even going on! Last year at the Shoe we literally walked right down the road to BW3's with a group of other fans and the store manager asked us what game was being played at the Shoe and what was going on?! They didn't have the broadcast of the games on in any of the restaurants and it took them halfway through our meal to figure out how to get it! This just wasn't one place it was most places....local establishments right down the road aren't even aware of the game happening, whereas in Stark County businesses alter their hours of operation and sometimes even menu around the game. The games are on big screens at every place that you'll stop and on every TV. Businesses signs will be welcoming local high school fans to the county.

So from a players traveling perspective I get it that Cincinnati fans will always and forever feel inconvenienced to come to Canton.... but then again you're in the state finals! come a day early and stay in a hotel... Whether you're a fan of student this is a big deal doesn't happen all the time. Families regularly pack up and drive three or four hours to go to a silly indoor water park or amusement park for the weekend and drop a couple grand without batting an eye... we're talking about watching your community and hometown team fight for a State title, that doesn't happen all the time. If Tri-Valley was playing in Texas for this State title I'd be there in a New York Minute without one complaint. I guess some people just take for granted how special this is and when that happens going to the game turns into a convenience factor rather than a day you'll never forget.

Very good points but that is from that rose colored glass you drinking from purchased with a little bit of that discretionary income you may have to support trips and hotel stays. If you knew anything about the Trotwood and the West Dayton area were a lot of these kids come from, I would dare to say many of them do not know what a 3-hour family vacation is. We often take for granted that everybody has the means to jump in a car and go on a simple three hour trip. That is not the case for everybody. Not at all. Many of these kids and as I stated before, some of the adult fans (not all of them but many)will not have the means to get to Canton if the school does not provide the transportation. Let alone stay in a hotel and spend up money eating and hanging out. Now I am not claiming a "whoa is me or whoa is them" theme, because there are a lot of folks that from what I have heard are planning on going. But for some, making it happen like it's just something to do on a Saturday. It is really not an option.

But enough with the social commentary. Let's talk football...

Will Tri-Valley stack the box vs. the Rams and try to prevent Hargrove from getting loose? I also bet ya that after last week the Rams can expect some overloading blitz packages, because that was TCC game plan last Friday. To be honest it worked for a while. Do they have the personnel to do it though? TCC had some grown a_ _ men comeing off that edge. Whew!
Old 11-30-17, 12:26 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendawwg25 View Post
Where did you watch this game? On Demand?
Yezzer Spectrum on Demand. Just pull up the guide then hit search type High School then you will see the option for Football. Thereís a ton of games on there even last years finals.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY