Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
T-M by 17+ 31 40.79%
T-M by 8-16 23 30.26%
T-M by 1-7 4 5.26%
Tri-Valley by 1-7 15 19.74%
Tri-Valley by 8-16 2 2.63%
Tri-Valley by 17+ 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-17, 08:25 AM
All District

styx is on a distinguished road
Love seeing TV and Coach Buttermore in this position and defeating the privates...
Old 11-28-17, 08:30 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Trotwood 69-20
Seems legit.
Old 11-28-17, 09:28 AM
All District

TVDAWGS32 is on a distinguished road
Wow, never seen someone get so upset over the oppositions' fans giving their team credit for how atletic they are. Yes, MF had a lot of athletes, but they are not as disciplined as Trotwood (in my opinion). Yes, SVSM had athletes, but they were a younger group and they played like it last Friday. We were able to dominate every aspect of that game, which I did not expect. I thought we could win, but thought it would be in a close one. This Trotwood team is as dangerous as they come. They are a Senior led group, who have been here before and came up short, so they are hungry. They have a good mix between being extremely athletic, yet really well coached, so they are not one of those teams that try to rely solely on superior athletic skill. They are going to be very difficult to defeat, but it can be done. We will have to come out and not only match, but exceed TW's physicality and determination. We are going to have to play extremely disciplined and stay in our gaps. We will definitely have to get to Hargrove at the 1st level, cause when he gets through that 1st level, he's usually gone. We have to swarm to the ball and gang tackle. We have nobody who can come close to matching that speed if he breaks free. We can not come in and go down a cpl scores to these guys, or we will be in trouble. We've had to come back in almost each game in the playoffs, but I don't think we can afford to put ourselves in that position against a team this talented.
Old 11-28-17, 12:08 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Trotwood Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVDAWGS32 View Post
Wow, never seen someone get so upset over the oppositions' fans giving their team credit for how atletic they are. Yes, MF had a lot of athletes, but they are not as disciplined as Trotwood (in my opinion). Yes, SVSM had athletes, but they were a younger group and they played like it last Friday. We were able to dominate every aspect of that game, which I did not expect. I thought we could win, but thought it would be in a close one. This Trotwood team is as dangerous as they come. They are a Senior led group, who have been here before and came up short, so they are hungry. They have a good mix between being extremely athletic, yet really well coached, so they are not one of those teams that try to rely solely on superior athletic skill. They are going to be very difficult to defeat, but it can be done. We will have to come out and not only match, but exceed TW's physicality and determination. We are going to have to play extremely disciplined and stay in our gaps. We will definitely have to get to Hargrove at the 1st level, cause when he gets through that 1st level, he's usually gone. We have to swarm to the ball and gang tackle. We have nobody who can come close to matching that speed if he breaks free. We can not come in and go down a cpl scores to these guys, or we will be in trouble. We've had to come back in almost each game in the playoffs, but I don't think we can afford to put ourselves in that position against a team this talented.
It is a whole lot of talk about when Trotwood has the ball on offense. Not many people mention just how well the Rams play defense. They have a defense that has not given up much at all. All season long. Stopping the offense in fact might not be the tallest task of the night. The tallest task could very well be finding a rhythm on the offensive side of the ball. Trotwood's defense is lights out and has been with exception of one game against a familiar opponent. Central Catholic only amassed 91 total yards last Friday. I think a lot of people are underestimating Tri Valley's athleticism. From what I have seen they have good overall team speed and are very solid on both sides of the ball. I am not buying the whole mismatch talk.
Old 11-28-17, 12:38 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
It is a whole lot of talk about when Trotwood has the ball on offense. Not many people mention just how well the Rams play defense. They have a defense that has not given up much at all. All season long. Stopping the offense in fact might not be the tallest task of the night. The tallest task could very well be finding a rhythm on the offensive side of the ball. Trotwood's defense is lights out and has been with exception of one game against a familiar opponent. Central Catholic only amassed 91 total yards last Friday. I think a lot of people are underestimating Tri Valley's athleticism. From what I have seen they have good overall team speed and are very solid on both sides of the ball. I am not buying the whole mismatch talk.
No, I fully understand how fast and physical their defense is. I have been talking mainly about stopping their offense, because we are a team that (since about week 7-8) has hung our hat on the defense. I don't expect us to score many points, much like the Hartley game. We need to take advantage of every opportunity to score, cause they will be few and far between. Then, our defense will have to stand tall again, as we have for the past 7-8 weeks. I am not trying to under sell what TV has going for them athletically, we do have a few athletes, just not to the caliber of Hargrove or Peppers, etc. Believe me, Trotwood IS the more athletic team. Our lines are a bit undersized on both sides of the ball and that is a big concern. I know against SVSM we were much smaller, but had a big speed advantage on the edge and our ends were getting by #65 with regularity and collapsing the pocket forcing a ton of throw aways. We will just have to see what the game plan will be from each coach and what kind of adjustments will be made once each team gets an idea of what the other is trying to do. I do think TV will surprise people and be in this game til the end and from there, we will see what happens. I know if this was Trotwood vs SVSM or Hartley for the title, you wouldn't be seeing 69-20 predictions, but people are predicting blowouts against us week in and week out. Hartley was supposed to kill us, SVSM was supposed to do the same , yet here we are once again in the same boat. I whole-heartedly agree and have stated many times that Trotwood is definitely the best opponent we have faced, I just believe Buttermore will have a good game plan in place and our kids will rise to the challenge. I have nothing but respect for Trotwood's program, as I do any public school who is consistently a State Title threat. You guys do things the right way and should be proud of what you guys have.
Old 11-28-17, 12:48 PM
All World

Quote:
No, I fully understand how fast and physical their defense is. I have been talking mainly about stopping their offense, because we are a team that (since about week 7-8) has hung our hat on the defense. I don't expect us to score many points, much like the Hartley game. We need to take advantage of every opportunity to score, cause they will be few and far between. Then, our defense will have to stand tall again, as we have for the past 7-8 weeks. I am not trying to under sell what TV has going for them athletically, we do have a few athletes, just not to the caliber of Hargrove or Peppers, etc. Believe me, Trotwood IS the more athletic team. Our lines are a bit undersized on both sides of the ball and that is a big concern. I know against SVSM we were much smaller, but had a big speed advantage on the edge and our ends were getting by #65 with regularity and collapsing the pocket forcing a ton of throw aways. We will just have to see what the game plan will be from each coach and what kind of adjustments will be made once each team gets an idea of what the other is trying to do. I do think TV will surprise people and be in this game til the end and from there, we will see what happens. I know if this was Trotwood vs SVSM or Hartley for the title, you wouldn't be seeing 69-20 predictions, but people are predicting blowouts against us week in and week out. Hartley was supposed to kill us, SVSM was supposed to do the same , yet here we are once again in the same boat. I whole-heartedly agree and have stated many times that Trotwood is definitely the best opponent we have faced, I just believe Buttermore will have a good game plan in place and our kids will rise to the challenge. I have nothing but respect for Trotwood's program, as I do any public school who is consistently a State Title threat. You guys do things the right way and should be proud of what you guys have.
As should Tri Valley. What a remarkable run to the finals you guys have had. Literally under fire from week 11 on. Great team. Should be a good game.
Old 11-28-17, 01:13 PM
All District

Ram Nation 95 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I haven't heard any mention of tv's kicker, from what I've seen the kid has a leg. If its a low scoring game he could be a deciding factor.
Old 11-28-17, 01:23 PM
All District

Chase Dinan does have a good leg and he is clutch. In the Bellefontaine game, down by 3 with 4 seconds remaining he hits a 40 yarder in 20° weather!! That is as high pressure as it gets and he calmly goes out and boots it practically straight down the middle. Now, when I watched Piqua highlights, TW went for 2 every time. Then watching highlights against Elida, TW was taking the xp. Was your kicker hurt early in the season, or just did not trust him at that point?
Old 11-28-17, 02:07 PM
All World

Kicker

Quote:
Chase Dinan does have a good leg and he is clutch. In the Bellefontaine game, down by 3 with 4 seconds remaining he hits a 40 yarder in 20° weather!! That is as high pressure as it gets and he calmly goes out and boots it practically straight down the middle. Now, when I watched Piqua highlights, TW went for 2 every time. Then watching highlights against Elida, TW was taking the xp. Was your kicker hurt early in the season, or just did not trust him at that point?
We aren't really sure. He is a pretty dependable kicker he made one against CJ from 30. I'm not sure if he was even on the team yet when they played Piqua.
Old 11-28-17, 02:10 PM
All District

Ya, I just found it odd that early in the season they were going for 2, but later on were taking the extra point.
Old 11-28-17, 02:29 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
All I can say is good luck. Trotwood beat the team playing in the D1 title game by 9. Godspeed Tri Valley.
Old 11-28-17, 05:30 PM
All District

Yes, we certainly will have our hands full.
Old 11-28-17, 06:38 PM
All Region

Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
All I can say is good luck. Trotwood beat the team playing in the D1 title game by 9. Godspeed Tri Valley.
Ha, and it wasn’t that close. TV posters looking for any kinda of disrespect, but nothing gonna come. Been here to many times, been the favorite to many times, and it’s only worked once. The Ramnation is very humbled, and very very appreciative of this opportunity presenting itself for the 8th time.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 11-28-17, 06:44 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
Ha, and it wasn’t that close. TV posters looking for any kinda of disrespect, but nothing gonna come. Been here to many times, been the favorite to many times, and it’s only worked once. The Ramnation is very humbled, and very very appreciative of this opportunity presenting itself for the 8th time.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Please explain to me where there's been any evidence of any TV poster looking for disrespect? I'd say if you ask 9 out of 10 TV fans they would tell you that we are going into this game as an underdog. Ask any non-league foe who has played at Tri-Valley and they will tell you that our fans treat opposition's fans extremely well with tons of respect. Now of course every fan base has those few jackasses and TV is no different. We don't go into any game looking for any sign of disrespect from other fan bases and to say that is absurd.
Old 11-28-17, 07:52 PM
All Region

teach1coach2 is on a distinguished road
In the 4 playoff games that TV has played only one opponent had a few fans who were disrespectful and it happened more on southeasternohiopreps.com than it did here. Those posters disappeared quickly after the TV win.

Don't think that players don't get on this site, because certainly they do.

Last edited by teach1coach2; 11-28-17 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-28-17, 11:31 PM
All Region

Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
St X QB wins Mr. Football, wow.....

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 11-29-17, 07:32 AM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 11-29-17, 07:55 AM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think anyone said that ASVSM would kill you , but Hartley? Most thought comfortable no question .

I think it is great that two publics are playing ach other in the D-3 final , doesn't happen often . This week though I think TV from a pure football fundamental point of view may have trouble scoring at all .

Wayne a play-off team scored 10 , a team that is in the state D-1 FINA Pickerington Central scored 19 against these guys, TCC had less than 100 yards of offense last week ?

Unless a couple short fields happen and they could I suppose, I don't see anymore than 7 points tops, that won't be enough , I see at first thought 31- 7
Old 11-29-17, 08:53 AM
All District

Just a quick tid bit I found on Drew Pasteur's site. For Division 3 State Championship probabilities at the start of the playoffs, Trotwood had the best percentage for making it to State at 59%. The next closest was Hartley at 8.9%. TV came in way down the list at 0.5% chance of making it to the title game.
Old 11-29-17, 08:55 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
I don't think anyone said that ASVSM would kill you , but Hartley? Most thought comfortable no question .

I think it is great that two publics are playing ach other in the D-3 final , doesn't happen often . This week though I think TV from a pure football fundamental point of view may have trouble scoring at all .

Wayne a play-off team scored 10 , a team that is in the state D-1 FINA Pickerington Central scored 19 against these guys, TCC had less than 100 yards of offense last week ?

Unless a couple short fields happen and they could I suppose, I don't see anymore than 7 points tops, that won't be enough , I see at first thought 31- 7
It's crazy that Hoban is actually the ONLY private school playing for a title. How long has it been since that has happened?
Old 11-29-17, 09:42 AM
Junior Varsity

Kendawwg25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Highway Robbery.
Old 11-29-17, 10:54 AM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Coach Buttermore was an amazing coach during his short stint at Dover, looking forward to seeing Tri Valley fight for a title!
Old 11-29-17, 11:01 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendawwg25 View Post
Highway Robbery.
I agree. I thought for sure that Hargrove had it in the bag!
Old 11-29-17, 11:03 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Coach Buttermore was an amazing coach during his short stint at Dover, looking forward to seeing Tri Valley fight for a title!
He worked at 2 excellent programs before landing at TV. He also worked under Coach White at Hilliard Davidson. What he picked up along the way has certainly turned around the TV program.
Old 11-29-17, 11:14 AM
All Region

TriangleMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's crazy that Hoban is actually the ONLY private school playing for a title. How long has it been since that has happened?
22 years. In 1995 St. Ignatius was the only private school in the finals.

D1: St Ignatius def Brunswick
D2: Dublin Scioto def Akron Buchtel
D3: Clyde def Chagrin Falls Kenston
D4: Versailles def Bellaire
D5: Lisbon David Anderson def Cincinnati Mariemont
D6: St. Henry def New Washington Buckeye Central

It happened also in 1994, again with St. Ignatius as the only private school in the finals.
Old 11-29-17, 12:27 PM
Freshman

ESPN 990 is on a distinguished road
Trotwood Coach Graham on-air 1:30 Weds

Jeff Graham on-air today @ 1:30 on espn990.com
Old 11-29-17, 01:07 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriangleMan View Post
22 years. In 1995 St. Ignatius was the only private school in the finals.

D1: St Ignatius def Brunswick
D2: Dublin Scioto def Akron Buchtel
D3: Clyde def Chagrin Falls Kenston
D4: Versailles def Bellaire
D5: Lisbon David Anderson def Cincinnati Mariemont
D6: St. Henry def New Washington Buckeye Central

It happened also in 1994, again with St. Ignatius as the only private school in the finals.
I knew it had to have been quite some time. Really, it is usually Divisions 1-4 being dominated by the private schools and Divisions 5-7 being dominated by the "Mighty MAC" year in and year out. It's kind of refreshing to see a Championship Weekend with this many public schools.
Old 11-29-17, 01:07 PM
All District

Just for laughs, could someone see if/when there has been zero private schools playing for a title?
Old 11-29-17, 01:19 PM
All Region

Quote:
Just for laughs, could someone see if/when there has been zero private schools playing for a title?
Never happened. There's always been at least one private (and at least one public) playing in the Finals. Never been any all-private or all-public finals.

Last edited by TriangleMan; 11-29-17 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-29-17, 03:47 PM
All Region

Wadsworth QB Joey Baughman wins Mr. Football. Ra’Vion Hargrove finished second.

http://ohsaa.org/news-media/articles...Team-Announced

Last edited by TriangleMan; 11-29-17 at 04:01 PM.