Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
T-M by 17+ 31 40.79%
T-M by 8-16 23 30.26%
T-M by 1-7 4 5.26%
Tri-Valley by 1-7 15 19.74%
Tri-Valley by 8-16 2 2.63%
Tri-Valley by 17+ 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-17, 02:28 AM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
As much as I like Trotwood and want them to win, I got a feeling they may pee this one away. I would expect a lot of self-inflicted mishaps like dumb penalties, turnovers, and just coming out flat. However, I really hope that I am wrong.
Old 11-27-17, 07:05 AM
All American

#letsgetit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by playboi12 View Post
As much as I like Trotwood and want them to win, I got a feeling they may pee this one away. I would expect a lot of self-inflicted mishaps like dumb penalties, turnovers, and just coming out flat. However, I really hope that I am wrong.
Why would you EXPECT that? What has transpired this year to make you think that's the trend for THIS team?
Old 11-27-17, 09:01 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVDAWGS32 View Post
How can you even say this game does not have that "David vs Goliath" feel to it??? Look back to the beginning of the season. Trotwood was an early favorite to make a state title run, while I can gurantee that not 1 person had TV pegged to make it this far. Heck, my guess is that most people had never even heard of Tri Valley before this playoff run.Look at the paths taken for each team to get to this point. Trotwood has pretty much annihilated every opponent they have faced in the playoffs, minus TCC who was another early season favorite to make a deep playoff run. TV has had to fight tooth and nail every step of the way and had to come back from early game deficits to reach this point. So it's not like we are being petty and basing this off people's predictions of a blowout, we are basing it off of how the season has played out for us thus far. Hell, we have went into every game since week 11 as the underdog,and this game is no different. Trotwood is most definitely the heavy favorite and rightfully so. You guys have earned that throughout the year, by the teams you have played and by the margins of victory against a lot of good teams. We are only stating facts. It's not like we as fans can use this fact as motivation, we aren't the ones taking the field Saturday. Besides, I don't think either team needs any extra motivation to play this game. If a State Title isn't enough motivation for us, then we would be in trouble to begin with.
How can a state championship game be labeled as "David vs. Goliath" when Trotwood(14-0) is only one game better than TV(13-1) on paper and they're both literally and figuratively playing in the last game of the season? It would different if TV had 4 or 5 losses and still made it to the finals then it would be a "David vs. Goliath" title game.
Old 11-27-17, 09:05 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by #letsgetit View Post
Why would you EXPECT that? What has transpired this year to make you think that's the trend for THIS team?
He doesn't know the answer, probably hasn't even seen Trotwood play.
Just a stereotypical viewpoint.
Old 11-27-17, 09:10 AM
All District

Ram Nation 95 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
I'm a fan of Ramnation and I think they will win. But they had better not take TV lightly. They are an excellent team that plays hard from the kick off to the final whistle. So, while I think Trotwood will win, I will be rooting for TV to pull off the upset.
This might be the most confusing post of all time lol. How can you say your a fan of ram nation and you think they will win but in the same post say your rooting against them?? Comedy!
Old 11-27-17, 09:37 AM
All American

New Breed is on a distinguished road
I saw a post talking about how "motivated" Tri-Valley is in this game...do you all think Trotwood isn't? These players got smashed last year. They've wanted nothing more than to get back to this game and exercise those demons from last year. I would say Trotwood will be more motivated than ever. These kids grew up in the shadows of those back-to-back-to-back state finalist teams. They want their own trophy.
Old 11-27-17, 09:39 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Nation 95 View Post
This might be the most confusing post of all time lol. How can you say your a fan of ram nation and you think they will win but in the same post say your rooting against them?? Comedy!
No confusion at all! I am a STVM fan, but I have gained a lot of respect for the Trotwood program over the years. Still, after seeing TV go up against my Irish at both the beginning and end of the Irish season, I will be rooting for them to win.
Old 11-27-17, 09:40 AM
All District

TVDAWGS32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
How can a state championship game be labeled as "David vs. Goliath" when Trotwood(14-0) is only one game better than TV(13-1) on paper and they're both literally and figuratively playing in the last game of the season? It would different if TV had 4 or 5 losses and still made it to the finals then it would be a "David vs. Goliath" title game.
Because of who both teams play during the regular season and the difference in the programs. TV comes from, the more often than not mediocre, MVL. Granted this year the MVL played really well, but as compared to the Trotwood schedule it looks fairly easy. Then you look at the programs themselves. Trotwood is a program that, year in and year out, have state expectations. TV is a program that figures to make playoffs every year, but get ousted once we run into the perennial powers in week 12 or 13. This run is a rare occurrence in the realm of MVL schools. Hell, this is the 1st state finals appearance for an MVL team since longer than I can remember. I would have to search it to find out. At any rate, it to me makes the game feel that way. I don't know why you guys don't just enjoy the position you are in. You all have one of the most successful programs in the state, regardless of Division. You have a program that many programs would aspire to be. They have earned the respect that we TV fans are giving them. I hope for and expect a great game with no injuries on either side. Good luck to both teams, just hopefully TV gets a few bounces to go their way and they pull off the upset.
Old 11-27-17, 09:49 AM
All Ohio

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are not a fan if your rooting against team?? WTH!

Anyway, this whole David v. Goliath stuff is just absurd. Tri-valley is in the state championship game with one loss and coming off a very convincing victory of a yearly playoff contender ASVSM! So stop it! Tri-valley can't be David vs. every team you play. This the State Championship game man! You have go to be good to make it to Canton.

If Trotwood can run the ball effectively to set-up the Play-action pass then I would say Rams by 10-14. If not and the D of Tri-valley is as stout as TCC's. Whoa buddy, another barn-burner. I would also assume that the Rams can expect to see a lot of blitzing Saturday night as well. Hopefully they can adjust a little quicker than they did last week.

Either way, good luck to both teams, that have accomplished a lot by just being the last two schools still playing in D3. No David's, No Goliath's, just two good teams with some great kids playing for the ship on Saturday night.
Old 11-27-17, 09:55 AM
All American

Quote:
Because of who both teams play during the regular season and the difference in the programs. TV comes from, the more often than not mediocre, MVL. Granted this year the MVL played really well, but as compared to the Trotwood schedule it looks fairly easy. Then you look at the programs themselves. Trotwood is a program that, year in and year out, have state expectations. TV is a program that figures to make playoffs every year, but get ousted once we run into the perennial powers in week 12 or 13. This run is a rare occurrence in the realm of MVL schools. Hell, this is the 1st state finals appearance for an MVL team since longer than I can remember. I would have to search it to find out. At any rate, it to me makes the game feel that way. I don't know why you guys don't just enjoy the position you are in. You all have one of the most successful programs in the state, regardless of Division. You have a program that many programs would aspire to be. They have earned the respect that we TV fans are giving them. I hope for and expect a great game with no injuries on either side. Good luck to both teams, just hopefully TV gets a few bounces to go their way and they pull off the upset.
I understand your sentiment however all of what you've said in all actuality means absolutely nothing! The bottomline is you're 13-1 playing in the last game of the season, you're here for a reason if you weren't suppose to be here you wouldn't be, no one gets this far on luck wether it's you're first time or not. Games aren't won on traditions. Trotwood's division is one of the worst in Ohio every year they played 2 good teams Wayne and Pick Central other than that their schedule was awful. So I don't buy your sentiment of "we play a mediocre schedule in a mediocre conference" you're in the state championship!
Old 11-27-17, 11:11 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
No confusion at all! I am a STVM fan, but I have gained a lot of respect for the Trotwood program over the years. Still, after seeing TV go up against my Irish at both the beginning and end of the Irish season, I will be rooting for them to win.
Having respect for a team and being a fan is 2 different things lol. It's cool that your rooting for tv I understand.
Old 11-27-17, 11:15 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
I understand your sentiment however all of what you've said in all actuality means absolutely nothing! The bottomline is you're 13-1 playing in the last game of the season, you're here for a reason if you weren't suppose to be here you wouldn't be, no one gets this far on luck wether it's you're first time or not. Games aren't won on traditions. Trotwood's division is one of the worst in Ohio every year they played 2 good teams Wayne and Pick Central other than that their schedule was awful. So I don't buy your sentiment of "we play a mediocre schedule in a mediocre conference" you're in the state championship!
Don't forget about troy lol. Still doesn't make our schedule any better lol.

TV is Goliath in Davids clothing lol. They wanna make this into a movie script Cinderella story. I crack up when they try and down play being 13-1. Lol
Old 11-27-17, 12:24 PM
All District

I am not trying to downplay being 13-1 or what we have done this year, that would be a disservice to what they have done this year. I know we have a really good team this year. However, when you ask 100 people to vote and probably 90 of them will pick 1 team (and that team is favored by at least 12 pts where I have looked and probably more depending on who you ask) then yes, it would be considered pulling off the improbable if we can pull the upset.
Old 11-27-17, 12:45 PM
All Region

teach1coach2 is on a distinguished road
Tri-Valley had no easy games to get to this point. Beat Marion Franklin, Bellefontaine (in OT), Bishop Hartley, and Akron St. Vincent St. Mary. Would be great to add Trotwood Madison to that list. TM is certainly the biggest challenge. BUT IT SHOULD BE. It's the D3 state championship.

TM is favorited to win this game by more points than any of the other finals.

And all that means nothing Saturday night. 2 teams will show up and give it their best. Hoping for a good game.........................And a Scottie upset
Old 11-27-17, 01:11 PM
All District

Quote:
I am not trying to downplay being 13-1 or what we have done this year, that would be a disservice to what they have done this year. I know we have a really good team this year. However, when you ask 100 people to vote and probably 90 of them will pick 1 team (and that team is favored by at least 12 pts where I have looked and probably more depending on who you ask) then yes, it would be considered pulling off the improbable if we can pull the upset.
Ok I gotcha. With all these posts we haven't actually talked about the players. Who are some players to watch from tv? From the Hartley game I've watched 2 stuck out, #2 & #11. Big kids at least 6'4" and 6'5" easily. Are they going anywhere to play ball?
Old 11-27-17, 02:01 PM
All Region

TriangleMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hell, this is the 1st state finals appearance for an MVL team since longer than I can remember.
MVL teams in the finals:

1987 - D3 - Mooney defeated Thornville Sheridan 30-7
1977 - Class A - Crooksville defeated Ashtabula St John 8-7
Old 11-27-17, 02:28 PM
All District

Quote:
Ok I gotcha. With all these posts we haven't actually talked about the players. Who are some players to watch from tv? From the Hartley game I've watched 2 stuck out, #2 & #11. Big kids at least 6'4" and 6'5" easily. Are they going anywhere to play ball?
# 2 is Nate Lawler, he is a really good LB and prior to the season there was interest from some schools. However, he has been hampered all year by a dislocated shoulder. Kid is tough as nails though. Usually once or twice a game he has to get the shoulder put back in place and he just keeps going. Im not sure if that has hurt his recruiting or not? # 11 is Jake Mcgloughlin he has been a really good WR and this year he has grown by leaps and bounds as a roaming Safety. Great in run support and rangey in coverage. He has a basketball scholarship (his dad is TV's basketball coach). #10 Andrew Newsome makes the offense tick at QB. He's a great runner and is an adequate passer, who at times is extremely accurate and at times has some overthrows. #8 Caleb Craig is, in my opinion, our best offensive threat. He runs much bigger than his size would indicate and this kid is also tough as they come. He also has been hampered by injury all year (ankle). He got it hurt again in the Bellefontaine game, taped it up and finished strong, scoring the games final TD. # 5 Chase Dinan is and has been a really good kicker (hit a game tying 40 yd FG vs Bellefontaine with 4 seconds left in 20° weather) and has become one of our best corners on D. On our D line, Kris Mesaros #49 has become one of our best rushers, though he is extremely undersized. We will be missing Aaron Jadwin #66 at RT and DE (tore his ACL vs Marion Franklin in week 11) who was a 1st Team All Eastern District DE. Now, obviously TV will have to be concerned with Hargrove, who else stands out for Trotwood?

Last edited by TVDAWGS32; 12-02-17 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-27-17, 03:04 PM
Junior Varsity

Kendawwg25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
# 2 is Nate Lawler, he is a really good LB and prior to the season there was interest from some schools. However, he has been hampered all year by a dislocated shoulder. Kid is tough as nails though. Usually once or twice a game he has to get the shoulder put back in place and he just keeps going. Im not sure if that has hurt his recruiting or not? # 11 is Jake Mcgloughlin he has been a really good WR and this year he has grown by leaps and bounds as a roaming Safety. Great in run support and rangey in pass protection. He has a basketball scholarship (his dad is TV's basketball coach). #10 Andrew Newsome makes the offense tick at QB. He's a great runner and is an adequate passer, who at times is extremely accurate and at times has some overthrows. #8 Caleb Craig is, in my opinion, our best offensive threat. He runs much bigger than his size would indicate and this kid is also tough as they come. He also has been hampered by injury all year (ankle). He got it hurt again in the Bellefontaine game, taped it up and finished strong, scoring the games final TD. # 5 Chase Dinan is and has been a really good kicker (hit a game tying 40 yd FG vs Bellefontaine with 4 seconds left in 20° weather) and has become one of our best corners on D. On our D line, Kris Mesaros #49 has become one of our best rushers, though he is extremely undersized. We will be missing Aaron Jadwin #66 at RT and DE (tore his ACL vs Marion Franklin in week 11) who was a 1st Team All Eastern District DE. Now, obviously TV will have to be concerned with Hargrove, who else stands out for Trotwood?
Where can we find stats/ maybe some highlights for TV? I have'nt been able to find anything. But to answer your question, we have playmakers all over the field other than Ray. The QB Stephens-Peppers can make things happen with his arm and extending plays/running as well as in the return game (He returns punts too). Plus he doesnt turn the ball over much, I think he has like 30 something TD's and only 4 picks. #2 Dallas Daniels is the leading receiver and #5 McDaniel will get the ball in many different ways as well. On Defense nobody has been able to block #4 Kennedy Coates all year. He has to be 1st Team All-State. The secondary has made big improvements since the Piqua game (#7 Taron Britt had a big INT last weeek to end a TCC drive late in the game and #14 Sammy Anderson has looked good as well). Overall the defense is a bit undersized but they fly to the ball and HIT.
Old 11-27-17, 03:16 PM
Junior Varsity

Kendawwg25 is on a distinguished road
BTW to everybody (including our own fans) that were complaining about the O-Line last week, if you understood football, you would know why it seemed like Bruno was getting hit every play. TCC has been running the same defense against us for years. Cover 0 man to man and blitz everybody else. They always bring one more than you can block because you have a QB who obviously cant block for himself. The only way to counter that is to get rid of the ball quickly, which he was doing but they were hitting him anyway. Lol So don't blame the O-Line or the coaching for that, its just the scheme of their defense. However, that wont work for everybody if you dont have the athletes or Speed to match on the outside as TCC does.
Old 11-27-17, 03:28 PM
All Ohio

Finally some real football talk...

Here is a youtube clip of Tri-valley. Not real game film but has some good highlights and gives you the theatrics of what goes on in the locker room. Coach appears to be a good motivater and kids seem to play hard. Trotwood has a similar web series that does the same thing. Shows highlights and pre-game stuff. Theatrical also. "Get ya hype stuff" ! But good both ways! Here are links for both teams. They will lead you to some other webisodes featuring games from this past season.

Old 11-27-17, 03:28 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Trotwood will underestimate TV and make this a tight game. That's a guarantee
Old 11-27-17, 03:36 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Your must be unfamiliar with head coach Jeff Graham. He will not let those kids underestimate anyone. Look at the scores of their games. If you have not seen these kids play you will realize quickly....Those boys play hard and fast regardless of whom they are playing. There was no let up on any team they played until Graham turned the gas off. I guarantee you that what you stated will not be an issue at all. I expect a fast and fun game by both teams, with the Rams winning by 10-14.

Tri-valley is good, I just think T-wood has a little too much. But from what I have seen, there is going to be a good football game being played on Saturday night!
Old 11-27-17, 03:47 PM
All Region

teach1coach2 is on a distinguished road
All of Tri-Valley's games have a Storied Rivals clip that is roughly 10 minutes each. I would just google 2017 Tri-Valley football.

#11 McLoughlin is on a full ride scholarship to Ashland University to play basketball.

#2 Lawler. Someone told me Cincinnati but not sure if that is accurate.
Old 11-27-17, 03:54 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Quote:
# 2 is Nate Lawler, he is a really good LB and prior to the season there was interest from some schools. However, he has been hampered all year by a dislocated shoulder. Kid is tough as nails though. Usually once or twice a game he has to get the shoulder put back in place and he just keeps going. Im not sure if that has hurt his recruiting or not? # 11 is Jake Mcgloughlin he has been a really good WR and this year he has grown by leaps and bounds as a roaming Safety. Great in run support and rangey in pass protection. He has a basketball scholarship (his dad is TV's basketball coach). #10 Andrew Newsome makes the offense tick at QB. He's a great runner and is an adequate passer, who at times is extremely accurate and at times has some overthrows. #8 Caleb Craig is, in my opinion, our best offensive threat. He runs much bigger than his size would indicate and this kid is also tough as they come. He also has been hampered by injury all year (ankle). He got it hurt again in the Bellefontaine game, taped it up and finished strong, scoring the games final TD. # 5 Chase Dinan is and has been a really good kicker (hit a game tying 40 yd FG vs Bellefontaine with 4 seconds left in 20° weather) and has become one of our best corners on D. On our D line, Kris Mesaros #49 has become one of our best rushers, though he is extremely undersized. We will be missing Aaron Jadwin #66 at RT and DE (tore his ACL vs Marion Franklin in week 11) who was a 1st Team All Eastern District DE. Now, obviously TV will have to be concerned with Hargrove, who else stands out for Trotwood?

Trotwood-Madison is a dynamic offense lead by Senior's Ravieon Hargrove and Markell Stephens-Peppers. The offensive line is big and athletic and have done well in protection and creating lanes all season long. At Wide Receiver for the Rams I would contest that they have Ohio's best in Dallas Daniels, he is a walking TD that is fast and athletic and he is complimented well by Utility player William McDaniel who can also break at any moment. Trotwood also has seen the return of the traditional Tight End in 6-6 Justin Stephens, he has made some amazing plays at crucial times for the Rams. Trotwood on Defense is lead by Stud Junior Kennedy Coates and hard hitting middle linebacker James Parker. They are the most underrated dominate group we have seen in a long time at Trotwood. They fly to the ball and are a very disciplined group that doesn't get out of position much. They are also deep, you will see Trotwood rotate several players in and out on defense. Hargrove as always will be the person that you have to pick your poison with. If you load up to stop him and give Peppers easy throws he has killed teams all season who have done that. Looking at TV I think they have a major issue when it comes to up front. Trotwood's lines are not just big, they are athletic. We will see how the match up turns out. I have the Rams winning the schools second state title.
Old 11-27-17, 04:07 PM
All District

That is the very thing I am worried about. TV does not have the athletes that Trotwood has. We have always had to rely on a good scheme going in (and Buttermore is an extremely good game planner) and the kids sticking to the game plan and not trying to do too much and getting themselves out of position. It kind of reminds me of the 2011 regional championship we had against Marion Franklin. That team was loaded with athletes. TV did what they needed to all game long and went into the 4th quarter with a 14 pt lead. A couple defensive breakdowns was all it took and MF had the athletes to make us pay severely. Trotwood has that same ability. We have to play assignment football to perfection all game long to pull this one out. When playing teams like this, defensive miscues are magnified 10 fold. If we get out of position against an MVL foe, we might give up a 20 yard play, whereas against TW, it's going to the house for a TD. Can TV stay disciplined for 4 straight quarters? Time will tell.
Old 11-27-17, 08:28 PM
All District

Check out @ErikFOX45Now’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ErikFOX45Now/sta...356232704?s=09
Old 11-27-17, 08:33 PM
All District

Old 11-27-17, 09:02 PM
All District

Hawkcaulker9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck Tri Valley, always love rooting for the underdog. So many people have already crowned Trotwood as kings of Ohio, Shock the state!!
Old 11-28-17, 08:04 AM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Why would they underestimate ANYONE in a game they have had little success in??? TV will make this a tight game. #10(Qb) and #8(rb) are very dangerous players on O. We keep hearing about the "athletes" that TM has. Im so sick of hearing that story. How has that worked out for us in State Games???? Didnt MF and ST V have "athletes" as well??? TM will be ready, Hargrove want his jersey retired and a statue at the stadium!!!!
Old 11-28-17, 08:22 AM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Trotwood 69-20