Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
T-M by 17+ 31 40.79%
T-M by 8-16 23 30.26%
T-M by 1-7 4 5.26%
Tri-Valley by 1-7 15 19.74%
Tri-Valley by 8-16 2 2.63%
Tri-Valley by 17+ 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-17, 09:15 AM
All District

TVDAWGS32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
You Tri-valley supporters need to stop it right now... All this theatrical mumbo jumbo you are spewing on here. "weirder things have happened ", "we know it runs through Trotwood" etc, etc....You are obviously a pretty damn good team that just beat ASVM pretty handlely. No one in the Trotwood locker room is going to underestimate your team. Why, because the Rams have been here before as the favorite and the underdog and guess what....It has only worked out once. So that underdog stuff....Put it in your pocket and get those boys coached up and hopefully ready to play because Tri-valley has as good of a shot to win it all as Ramnation does! Trotwood is preparing for a slugfest, that's how they play. If Tri-valley matches that intensity oh boy, we should be in for a classic! Good luck both teams, #cant wait!
They will most definitely be coached up and ready to play. I know that we have a really good team. But I also know that none of the teams we have played match up to what I have seen from Trotwood (mainly just from watching a lot of videos). From what I have seen, they are huge up front on the O line, their defense is big and extremely fast and they are very physical. So to say that it is just mumbo jumbo to state that a team of HS kids, who have to know that they are the odds on favorites, may overlook a small rural school like TV is crazy. I don't care how many times the kids are told not to take any team lightly, it is very easy to do regardless. Besides that, we are just responding to fans on here saying it's going to be a huge blow out. Like I stated, TV knows what we are up against. Trotwood is an extremely talented team and they are very explosive. So, if saying that is theatrical, well I guess it is what it is. I believe if TV can play how they have played since Week 11, they will be in this game.
Old 11-25-17, 09:27 AM
Retired

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Trotwood coaches give tri valley a shot.
How are you not a coach?
Old 11-25-17, 10:14 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
I'm a fan of Ramnation and I think they will win. But they had better not take TV lightly. They are an excellent team that plays hard from the kick off to the final whistle. So, while I think Trotwood will win, I will be rooting for TV to pull off the upset.
Old 11-25-17, 10:23 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
I watched Tri Valley on film this year. They are tough. I think they can hang around for a while.
Old 11-25-17, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Wouldn’t surprise me at all if T-M has their hands more than full with Tri-Valley.
Old 11-25-17, 10:44 AM
Varsity

coldawg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Wouldn’t surprise me at all if T-M has their hands more than full with Tri-Valley.
....and fish is "All Yappi!!!!"
Old 11-25-17, 11:04 AM
All Region

tb81 is on a distinguished road
Very suprised by Tri-Valley post season run. Close wins over Marion Franklin and Bellefontaine, a suprising victory of Hartley despite only gaining 150 yrds of total offense but yet giving up more than 300. The convincing win over ASVSM really open up some eyes.

From what I've seen of Tri-Valley this year, I still don't think it's as good as those two playoff teams that beat New Philly and then lost to Joey Burrow Athens teams the following week.
Old 11-25-17, 11:19 AM
All World

They opened up my eyes with the win over Bellefontaine. I don't think many people realized how good Bellefontaine was this year. I thought whoever won that game would be going to at least the state semi's. Putting up 36 on them, then beating Hartley and beating SVSM is really impressive.

Trotwood is better than all of those teams though. I do not think this will be a huge margin of victory though. I think it will be close and Trotwood will pull away in the second half for about a 2 score win.

Good luck to both teams. Go GWOC!
Old 11-25-17, 11:37 AM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Game will be on Saturday 12/2 @ 8PM
With OSU playing in Columbus at the same time, no way would D1 be at this time. IMO this is the ohsaa "after thought" game. You gotta figure TV will bring their community crowd and TM will bring their ardent fans.

For those giving TV no chance in this game, I remember a year not too long ago, that TM was the heavy favorite and was knocked off by a young SVSM team.
Old 11-25-17, 11:42 AM
Freshman

dresden2canton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Tri-Valley gonna get got. This one will be a rolling clock early.
No, you are wrong on this one....wont be a rolling clock against this D. You'll see...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-17, 11:51 AM
All District

From what I've seen of Tri-Valley this year, I still don't think it's as good as those two playoff teams that beat New Philly and then lost to Joey Burrow Athens teams the following week.[/QUOTE]

No, talent-wise, this team does not measure up to those 2 teams. However, this team plays with much more heart and much more intensity than either of those other 2 teams you mentioned. Every game in this post season (minus the SVSM game) TV has had their backs to the wall and had to fight back to make a comeback, or to get some big stops at crucial times. When things go wrong for this group, they come together and make something happen, when other teams would have folded and packed it in. These boys are full of fight and I expect nothing less next week in Canton. GO DAWGS!!!
Old 11-25-17, 02:52 PM
All Region

teach1coach2 is on a distinguished road
I agree with that assessment.
Old 11-25-17, 03:13 PM
Freshman

armchairqb99 is on a distinguished road
Tri-Valley Dawgs will be the D3 state champions as of about 10:30pm Saturday, December 2, 2017.
Old 11-25-17, 03:20 PM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is an unknown quantity at this point
I want TV but see TW winning by 4 or 5 scores.
Old 11-25-17, 03:21 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchairqb99 View Post
Tri-Valley Dawgs will be the D3 state champions as of about 10:30pm Saturday, December 2, 2017.
That's bold and I like it. But the beast that is Trotwood is a different animal I'm telling you.
Old 11-25-17, 04:10 PM
All Region

Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVDAWGS32 View Post
From what I've seen of Tri-Valley this year, I still don't think it's as good as those two playoff teams that beat New Philly and then lost to Joey Burrow Athens teams the following week.
No, talent-wise, this team does not measure up to those 2 teams. However, this team plays with much more heart and much more intensity than either of those other 2 teams you mentioned. Every game in this post season (minus the SVSM game) TV has had their backs to the wall and had to fight back to make a comeback, or to get some big stops at crucial times. When things go wrong for this group, they come together and make something happen, when other teams would have folded and packed it in. These boys are full of fight and I expect nothing less next week in Canton. GO DAWGS!!![/QUOTE]

Remember St Mary’s Memorial last year, Wing -T perfectionist?? They to were a small town team with heart that would not go away, and almost pulled it out.
TV will be nothing new, and we will not look pst them..

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 11-25-17, 05:55 PM
All District

All, I am saying is TV is not going in with the mindset that the outcome is already decided. Everybody seems to want to just go ahead and crown Trotwood as if the outcome is not even in question!! Well, somebody forgot to tell them boys over in Dresden that it's already over and they need to quit practicing. I don't think they will be intimidated just because it is Trotwood. We might not have a lot of super star talent, but this is a great TEAM and as a team I think they can stand in there and play with anyone. All they've heard since week 11 is that they don't belong and that their opponent, whether it be Bellefontaine, Hartley, or SVSM, is far superior. We've heard the one liners "you may have beaten this team, but you haven't played anyone the caliber of.......", or "they won't be prepared for the size and physicality of....." . And through it all they keep on playing the game. I don't care what the name is on the front of the jerseys. I don't care about how many times they have been to State, that is all in the past. It has no bearing on this year. I don't care about the schedules the teams play, by this point in the season both teams have played some top teams. If you are a good team, then you're a good team, regardless of a program's history or pedigree. I just hope everyone keeps thinking this game will be a walk in the park, because it'll make it all the better when TV comes in and stands toe to toe with the All Mighty Rams. I guess all that's left now is to play the game. Looking forward to Saturday. Let's go prove everyone wrong!!! GO DAWGS!!!!!
Old 11-25-17, 07:39 PM
All Region

Purplesage is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
This is probably going to be the most lopsided of all 7 games. Rams big!
Second most, first will be Maria Stein Marion Local!!!! Garunteeeed!!!!
Old 11-25-17, 07:54 PM
All District

Ram Nation 95 is on a distinguished road
Nobody in Trotwood is over looking TV!! I wish yall would stop coming up with this rocky vs Ivan Drago story or rudy theme lol. This is a state title game and both teams have obviously proven themselves. Some opinions expressed in this thread are from outside our community stating it will be a blow out etc. I personally have only seen 1 game of TV and that was against Hartley. TV has good team speed, not very big but they fly to the ball. Alot people think trotwood is a team full of all stars and its not. We are a complete team who doesn't just lean on 1 or 2 players. TV stop telling yourself that trotwood is over looking you cause thats not the case. We are trying to bring the title back home to Trotwood so nothing will be over looked!! Trotwood! Ram Nation!
Old 11-25-17, 08:22 PM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Nation 95 View Post
Nobody in Trotwood is over looking TV!! I wish yall would stop coming up with this rocky vs Ivan Drago story or rudy theme lol. This is a state title game and both teams have obviously proven themselves. Some opinions expressed in this thread are from outside our community stating it will be a blow out etc. I personally have only seen 1 game of TV and that was against Hartley. TV has good team speed, not very big but they fly to the ball. Alot people think trotwood is a team full of all stars and its not. We are a complete team who doesn't just lean on 1 or 2 players. TV stop telling yourself that trotwood is over looking you cause thats not the case. We are trying to bring the title back home to Trotwood so nothing will be over looked!! Trotwood! Ram Nation!
Amen. No kid has won a State Championship on TW team. Just. heartbreak. They will not overlook anyone, they will be focused!
Old 11-25-17, 08:23 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
One thing that was said about Trotwood last year really bugged me. They got to the final and imploded against Hoban. The word I saw used a lot was, "undisciplined". You can spin that however you want. I'm not getting into that debate. But to call them undisciplined once they get to the title game insults every single team they dispatched all season long. That's my opinion. If they somehow don't finish this off as per popular opinion, I'm afraid that ridiculousness is going to be front and center again. Win or lose this is GOOD team. And they will be ready to play. It's insane to believe they're not going to take Tri Valley seriously. Bring the title back to SWO, boys.
Old 11-25-17, 09:00 PM
All District

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
Trotwood better not celebrate too early Tri Valleys defense is nasty!
Tri Valley hasn’t seen speed like trotwoods
Old 11-25-17, 10:10 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
One thing that was said about Trotwood last year really bugged me. They got to the final and imploded against Hoban. The word I saw used a lot was, "undisciplined". You can spin that however you want. I'm not getting into that debate. But to call them undisciplined once they get to the title game insults every single team they dispatched all season long. That's my opinion. If they somehow don't finish this off as per popular opinion, I'm afraid that ridiculousness is going to be front and center again. Win or lose this is GOOD team. And they will be ready to play. It's insane to believe they're not going to take Tri Valley seriously. Bring the title back to SWO, boys.
I understand what you are saying, and I am a fan of Ramnation. I didn't see the Hoban game last year, but I was at the St. V game s few years back. I walked away from that game thinking TM tried to outhit the Irish rather than outplay them. A friend of mine who did see the Hoban game left with the same impression. Now, do you feel that is a fair comment on those games. And, if so, is that coaching, game planning or is that just TM's MO to try to physically dominate their opponents. I will say I was very surprised how the Rams fared against Hoban last year after dismantling a very good TCC team. And believe me, I do not mean in any way to disparage TM. But I am interested in the TM view of their last couple of title games.
Old 11-26-17, 01:56 AM
All District

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Trotwood by 20 pts
Old 11-26-17, 05:49 AM
All District

Quote:
How can you even say this game does not have that "David vs Goliath" feel to it??? Look back to the beginning of the season. Trotwood was an early favorite to make a state title run, while I can gurantee that not 1 person had TV pegged to make it this far. Heck, my guess is that most people had never even heard of Tri Valley before this playoff run.Look at the paths taken for each team to get to this point. Trotwood has pretty much annihilated every opponent they have faced in the playoffs, minus TCC who was another early season favorite to make a deep playoff run. TV has had to fight tooth and nail every step of the way and had to come back from early game deficits to reach this point. So it's not like we are being petty and basing this off people's predictions of a blowout, we are basing it off of how the season has played out for us thus far. Hell, we have went into every game since week 11 as the underdog,and this game is no different. Trotwood is most definitely the heavy favorite and rightfully so. You guys have earned that throughout the year, by the teams you have played and by the margins of victory against a lot of good teams. We are only stating facts. It's not like we as fans can use this fact as motivation, we aren't the ones taking the field Saturday. Besides, I don't think either team needs any extra motivation to play this game. If a State Title isn't enough motivation for us, then we would be in trouble to begin with.
Old 11-26-17, 08:42 AM
All District

Ram Nation 95 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How can you even say this game does not have that "David vs Goliath" feel to it??? Look back to the beginning of the season. Trotwood was an early favorite to make a state title run, while I can gurantee that not 1 person had TV pegged to make it this far. Heck, my guess is that most people had never even heard of Tri Valley before this playoff run.Look at the paths taken for each team to get to this point. Trotwood has pretty much annihilated every opponent they have faced in the playoffs, minus TCC who was another early season favorite to make a deep playoff run. TV has had to fight tooth and nail every step of the way and had to come back from early game deficits to reach this point. So it's not like we are being petty and basing this off people's predictions of a blowout, we are basing it off of how the season has played out for us thus far. Hell, we have went into every game since week 11 as the underdog,and this game is no different. Trotwood is most definitely the heavy favorite and rightfully so. You guys have earned that throughout the year, by the teams you have played and by the margins of victory against a lot of good teams. We are only stating facts. It's not like we as fans can use this fact as motivation, we aren't the ones taking the field Saturday. Besides, I don't think either team needs any extra motivation to play this game. If a State Title isn't enough motivation for us, then we would be in trouble to begin with.
I hope your not suggesting that we just line it up and beat teams by 40 without any effort what so ever and TV is the only one who had to fight. Trotwood fights hard every game and the end result is what it is. Every year there is someone who is favored to win the title and if you ask me that's more pressure to live up to that prediction opposed to a team nobody expects to make any noise. Maybe going into the playoffs that david vs Goliath theme was the motivation but after you beat bellfountaine, Hartley and svsm that sir went out the window lol (can't forget about MF too). Just wait until this Saturday night and you'll see that you won't be treated like "david"...but then again "david" slayed "Goliath" lol! It should be a good game and im excited to see it. Gotta bring the title home to Trotwood!
Old 11-26-17, 09:37 AM
All District

Quote:
I hope your not suggesting that we just line it up and beat teams by 40 without any effort what so ever and TV is the only one who had to fight. Trotwood fights hard every game and the end result is what it is. Every year there is someone who is favored to win the title and if you ask me that's more pressure to live up to that prediction opposed to a team nobody expects to make any noise. Maybe going into the playoffs that david vs Goliath theme was the motivation but after you beat bellfountaine, Hartley and svsm that sir went out the window lol (can't forget about MF too). Just wait until this Saturday night and you'll see that you won't be treated like "david"...but then again "david" slayed "Goliath" lol! It should be a good game and im excited to see it. Gotta bring the title home to Trotwood!
Where, out of any of what I said, would you get that I implied those young men put no effort into it?? If that is how you took it, that is not at all how I meant it. Again, I am not saying that TM will take TV lightly, I am saying for me, as a fan, it has that feel of David vs Goliath for all those reasons I just stated. You are reading far too much into what I am saying, rather than taking it at face value. I agree with the statement its hard for a team to live up to the prediction of winning game after game, much harder than being an underdog for sure. I love that TV is able to "fly under the radar" so to speak. But as you stated after some big wins, we no longer are under the radar. That doesn't take away from how this game feels, to me, as a fan. That is all I was saying from the very outset of this and I hope I cleared up any of the confusion.
Old 11-26-17, 12:31 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Where, out of any of what I said, would you get that I implied those young men put no effort into it?? If that is how you took it, that is not at all how I meant it. Again, I am not saying that TM will take TV lightly, I am saying for me, as a fan, it has that feel of David vs Goliath for all those reasons I just stated. You are reading far too much into what I am saying, rather than taking it at face value. I agree with the statement its hard for a team to live up to the prediction of winning game after game, much harder than being an underdog for sure. I love that TV is able to "fly under the radar" so to speak. But as you stated after some big wins, we no longer are under the radar. That doesn't take away from how this game feels, to me, as a fan. That is all I was saying from the very outset of this and I hope I cleared up any of the confusion.
It doesn't feel like David Vs Goliath to me because David won. Trotwood has so many frustrations in this game in recent years that I happen to believe we still haven't seen the beat of the Rams. Their most dominant performance might very well await them on Saturday night in Canton. It's not even about Tri Valley, who has had a remarkable run through the playoffs and are a great team. It's about these Trotwood seniors that have tasted only defeat on this stage. In there last game as Rams they get to right those wrongs. It will be a bitter sweet moment for #ramnation we love our seniors and win or lose they are an awesome group. I think we see their best on Saturday.
Old 11-26-17, 04:40 PM
All American

rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Stay focused RAMS !
Wish I could be there. On game nights, I could hear this tune from my back yard.
GO RAM NATION !
Old 11-26-17, 05:40 PM
All Region

teach1coach2 is on a distinguished road
Drew Pasteur was 13-1 last week. Only missed the pick on the TV-STVM game

His Predictions for week #15

Division I playoffs
Pickerington Central (13-1 D1 R3) by 6 (64%) neu Mentor (13-1 D1 R1)

Division II playoffs
Akron Archbishop Hoban (13-1 D2 R5) by 2 (55%) neu Cincinnati Winton Woods (13-1 D2 R8)

Division III playoffs
Trotwood-Madison (14-0 D3 R12) by 12 (77%) neu Dresden Tri-Valley (13-1 D3 R11)

Division IV playoffs
Steubenville (14-0 D4 R13) by 10 (73%) neu Clarksville Clinton-Massie (13-1 D4 R16)

Division V playoffs
Pemberville Eastwood (14-0 D5 R18) by 2 (54%) neu Wheelersburg (14-0 D5 R19)

Division VI playoffs
Maria Stein Marion Local (14-0 D6 R24) by 9 (72%) neu Kirtland (14-0 D6 R21)

Division VII playoffs
Minster (10-4 D7 R28) by 1 (52%) neu Cuyahoga Heights (12-1 D7 R25)