Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Wheelersburg by 17+ 3 4.35%
Wheelersburg by 8-16 8 11.59%
Wheelersburg by 1-7 18 26.09%
Eastwood by 1-7 24 34.78%
Eastwood by 8-16 11 15.94%
Eastwood by 17+ 5 7.25%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-17, 07:42 AM
Varsity

#ReachHigher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
The point that I'm trying to make and you are failing to grasp is that this Eastwood team is a disciplined well conditioned team. They will not be worn out at all. The other point that I'm trying to make is that once their RB's get to the second level I don't think that there is any one on Wheelersburg's team that will be able to close on them. This will result in a lot of big run plays.
I’m not so sure about that but we’ll see come Friday. I know we are playing a different team but that’s exactly what’s been said the last 2 weeks and neither team was able to do it. Madison averaged 364.5 on the ground and got 116 total yards with only 29 in the second half. Johnnies averaged 358 on the ground and got 158 total with only 43 in the second half. If they run us over they deserve the trophy because this defense is lights out!
Old 11-29-17, 07:59 AM
Varsity

Burggrad6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The point that I'm trying to make and you are failing to grasp is that this Eastwood team is a disciplined well conditioned team. They will not be worn out at all. The other point that I'm trying to make is that once their RB's get to the second level I don't think that there is any one on Wheelersburg's team that will be able to close on them. This will result in a lot of big run plays.
Lol come on man... your backs are not going to run isolation and burn burgs dBís. I get it they are well conditioned.. however, they are no a team full of 4.0 40 guys.... do u think burg kids run with 2 left feet or something? Haha talk some real football so the clowning stops.
Old 11-29-17, 08:01 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ReachHigher View Post
Iím not so sure about that but weíll see come Friday. I know we are playing a different team but thatís exactly whatís been said the last 2 weeks and neither team was able to do it. Madison averaged 364.5 on the ground and got 116 total yards with only 29 in the second half. Johnnies averaged 358 on the ground and got 158 total with only 43 in the second half. If they run us over they deserve the trophy because this defense is lights out!
Madison and Johnston Monroe were both 2 loss teams. They are not even close to the caliber of team that Eastwood is.
Old 11-29-17, 08:04 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burggrad6 View Post
Lol come on man... your backs are not going to run isolation and burn burgs dBís. I get it they are well conditioned.. however, they are no a team full of 4.0 40 guys.... do u think burg kids run with 2 left feet or something? Haha talk some real football so the clowning stops.
No one said that they are 4.0 40 guys not that Wheelersburg kids have 2 left feet. You all say that Eastwood will be worn out come the 4th. I say you guys will get beat on big plays and don't have the team speed to run with Eastwood. What's the difference?
Old 11-29-17, 08:05 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Madison and Johnston Monroe were both 2 loss teams. They are not even close to the caliber of team that Eastwood is.
Lol now youíre just being silly. Iím trying to talk real football to you. Auburn is a 2 loss team as well that knocked off #1 Georgia then #1 Alabama
. 2 losses doesnít mean anything. If you want to be sensible, Iím open for discussion
Old 11-29-17, 08:08 AM
Varsity

Quote:
No one said that they are 4.0 40 guys not that Wheelersburg kids have 2 left feet. You all say that Eastwood will be worn out come the 4th. I say you guys will get beat on big plays and don't have the team speed to run with Eastwood. What's the difference?
You may very well be correct. I havenít watched them at all. But I seriously donít see a team with speed that this Burg d canít match
Old 11-29-17, 08:15 AM
All World

Quote:
Lol now youíre just being silly. Iím trying to talk real football to you. Auburn is a 2 loss team as well that knocked off #1 Georgia then #1 Alabama
. 2 losses doesnít mean anything. If you want to be sensible, Iím open for discussion
High school and college are not even close in comparison. Look that's just my opinion. One other question. Do you guys have issues with your kicking game? I see a few missed extra points in the Madison game.
Old 11-29-17, 08:22 AM
Varsity

Quote:
High school and college are not even close in comparison. Look that's just my opinion. One other question. Do you guys have issues with your kicking game? I see a few missed extra points in the Madison game.
They are close in comparison when they are playing on the same level. Only way that wouldn’t be an equal comparison is if Burg or Eastwood were going against the NCAA. And we missed 1 extra point in that game. It happens. The second touchdown we went for 2 to go up by 7 but didn’t convert. I will say this and I truly believe this...had Madison played South Range, they’d be headed to Canton. I have a lot of respect for them. Everyone had them underdogs because it was their first trip but they were a way better team than the team that lost a couple early in the season and had the hardest path of all of us to the semifinals. Compare Anna and CHCA SOS to the teams the rest had to play and they had them back to back and were underdogs both times but won. Pasteur had them ranked WAY too low! Anna had 3 losses but also had the 2nd hardest schedule in all of D5, yet Madison took care of business. CHCA had the 10th hardest, Madison took care of business. West Jefferson had the 17th hardest, Madison took care of business. So yes, Madison was a VERY good team even though they had 2 losses. To say Madison isn’t close to the caliber of team you all are is just absurd to me. Trust me, 2 losses mean nothing. Johnnies had the 7th hardest and had 2 losses. Who’s to say if either of us had the 2nd or 7th toughest that we wouldn’t be a 2-3 loss team? But anyway, there was no way OHSAA was going to have Madison playing South Range because that would have left Burg playing Eastwood and this is the championship game they wanted! Notice how they released the pairings for the semifinals after they figured out who won? And also how they switched D6 around so it wouldn’t be Kirtland playing Marion Local last week? They knew what they were doing...

Last edited by #ReachHigher; 11-29-17 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-29-17, 08:48 AM
Freshman

bleed_blue is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I believe the kickerís long on the year is about 45-47 canít quite remember exactly and may have been from the same game but hit a 40 some yarder in a downpour earlier in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-17, 10:46 AM
Varsity

Quote:
I think you are misunderstanding what some burg posters are trying to say. Burg rotates a lot of players at almost every position. They are like 1st quarter fresh the whole game. Does Eastwood do this? No they donít. I have watched them on film... Iím not saying that burg will completely wear the eagles out but the will wear them down. Will it affect the overall outcome of the game? Maybe not.. on the other side burg has a very quick team. They havenít been out ran by anyone on a run play and have only got beat a couple of times on a pass due to a missed tackle. Now burg missed tackles are few and far between. I know Eastwood will have success running the ball. How much idk...??? However, Iím pretty sure they are going to have to Pass at least 10-15 times this game to beat the pirates...
Old 11-29-17, 10:49 AM
Varsity

I will say this. Eastwood will be the best overall team the pirates have faced. I think they will have the 2nd best offenseive line and the best running back. I also think Eastwood will have the second best d line and the best db’s the pirates have seen. This should be the best game in the state finals this year!
Old 11-29-17, 11:08 AM
Varsity

flyingeagle is on a distinguished road
If Wheelersburg wins it will be on big play. They have a 2 great receivers and a very good QB. The worst part of the Eastwood team is they defensive corners. That what scares me.
Hope for a good game.
Old 11-29-17, 11:13 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingeagle View Post
If Wheelersburg wins it will be on big play. They have a 2 great receivers and a very good QB. The worst part of the Eastwood team is they defensive corners. That what scares me.
Hope for a good game.
Both have great defenses and explosive offenses. This should be a dandy! Have you checked each teams stats? They are pretty much identical. Both get it done in different ways, but both have got it done all year long. This will be a dog fight!
Old 11-29-17, 03:06 PM
Junior Varsity

FootballDNA is on a distinguished road
For the record I don’t think wheelersburg wore down Johnstown as the 2nd half was even. I think burg came out and deflated the johnnies hopes up 14-0 and johnnies fumbled near the 10. Wheelersburg was still fresh at the end of the game but Johnstown is a complete two platoon team.
Old 11-29-17, 03:41 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballDNA View Post
For the record I donít think wheelersburg wore down Johnstown as the 2nd half was even. I think burg came out and deflated the johnnies hopes up 14-0 and johnnies fumbled near the 10. Wheelersburg was still fresh at the end of the game but Johnstown is a complete two platoon team.
Wheelersburg was just in kill clock mode (run) the second half. Didnít need to do much being up 28-0
Old 11-29-17, 04:02 PM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
ReachHigher.....Pasteur doesn't "rank anyone" higher or lower...he uses numbers, including SOS and results, not just wins and losses like Harbin does so his system is actually a lot more realistic than any "rankings". He had 13-14 games correct last week....I think he knows what he's doing.

As far as your thoughts on the OHSAA and them wanting Wheelersburg and Eastwood in the final....you don't seem to understand how the OHSAA works. There's no way they would have put South Range against Madison and Wheeleersburg vs Eastwood in the semi's. Eastwood and S. Range are 172 miles apart., Burg and Madison 139...by far the two closest scenarios of the final 4 teams...by a long way. They base their scheduling on georgraphy..and always have. Same thing with Marion Local / Kirtland....look at a map of the final 4 teams.

Oh, and btw....all of the semi-final pairings were set before the regional finals....D1, 2,4,5 and 7 were announced Wednesday the 15th........D6 was announced Thursday afternoon and D3 Friday afternoon before the games kicked off.

Last edited by tcgobucks; 11-29-17 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-29-17, 04:31 PM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Lol....take a look....why would I make stuff up....just trying to help you understand so you don't look silly lol

http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308093
Varsity

No jugs at this one Burg fans
All District

P(irate) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
ReachHigher.....Pasteur doesn't "rank anyone" higher or lower...he uses numbers, including SOS and results, not just wins and losses like Harbin does so his system is actually a lot more realistic than any "rankings". He had 13-14 games correct last week....I think he knows what he's doing.

As far as your thoughts on the OHSAA and them wanting Wheelersburg and Eastwood in the final....you don't seem to understand how the OHSAA works. There's no way they would have put South Range against Madison and Wheeleersburg vs Eastwood in the semi's. Eastwood and S. Range are 172 miles apart., Burg and Madison 139...by far the two closest scenarios of the final 4 teams...by a long way. They base their scheduling on georgraphy..and always have. Same thing with Marion Local / Kirtland....look at a map of the final 4 teams.

Oh, and btw....all of the semi-final pairings were set before the regional finals....D1, 2,4,5 and 7 were announced Wednesday the 15th........D6 was announced Thursday afternoon and D3 Friday afternoon before the games kicked off.
Also, Fantastic50 uses previous years to rank teams. Itís not just strength of schedule, margin of victory. This being the first time Madison was in the playoffs certainly had an effect on their ranking. No doubt. He has all his info on his website as to how his rankings work.
Old 11-29-17, 04:34 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Lol....take a look....why would I make stuff up....just trying to help you understand so you don't look silly lol

http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308093
Maybe I am wrong about that. I never saw any pairings until the 18th and was told that’s when they would be released. My bad...I even asked a guy at the game who we played next and he said it hadn’t been released yet. Maybe he was misinformed too. I didn’t join here until the 20th so I missed that thread

Last edited by #ReachHigher; 11-29-17 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-30-17, 01:38 AM
All District

It’s sad a State Championship thread dies because people can’t talk football. Only want to bump gums about this and that.
Old 11-30-17, 12:34 PM
Freshman

tpdtopcop is on a distinguished road
Just to add my .02

If Eastwood can run the ball fairly efficiently I think they have a good chance to win. When they run and score there is really not a lot of time left on the clock for offenses to score a lot of points.
Now since Eastwood lost their best Corner (Boos) the first game of the year that will hurt us against this team. I see that's the only flaw in an other wise stellar defense. The D line is strong and fast and our LB fly to the ball. Hopefully coach Rutherford will make some sort of change in the secondary to account for Holden. I know he is tall but is he fast?

Now I have heard that the burg's defense for all in part is as good as ours but can they stop Rayford? He has rushed for over 2,100 yards this season as a sophmore and missed two games cause of injury. If they do stop him there are two other RB in Damron and Combs who run the ball well.
Maybe they will flip the script a pass a little? Who knows either way it should be a great game.
Old 11-30-17, 04:59 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
Just to add my .02

If Eastwood can run the ball fairly efficiently I think they have a good chance to win. When they run and score there is really not a lot of time left on the clock for offenses to score a lot of points.
Now since Eastwood lost their best Corner (Boos) the first game of the year that will hurt us against this team. I see that's the only flaw in an other wise stellar defense. The D line is strong and fast and our LB fly to the ball. Hopefully coach Rutherford will make some sort of change in the secondary to account for Holden. I know he is tall but is he fast?

Now I have heard that the burg's defense for all in part is as good as ours but can they stop Rayford? He has rushed for over 2,100 yards this season as a sophmore and missed two games cause of injury. If they do stop him there are two other RB in Damron and Combs who run the ball well.
Maybe they will flip the script a pass a little? Who knows either way it should be a great game.
Holden is 6’6”. I believe he put up a 4.38 40. He can make people miss and take it to the house. Great hands. Doesn’t miss many balls thrown at him at can jump to the moon. I believe his vertical is somewhere in the range of 42 inches. Big basketball recruit
Old 11-30-17, 05:02 PM
All District

Quote:
Just to add my .02

To answer some of your questions.

Yes, Holden is fast. He has that effortless speed, where it looks like heís just jogging. Any kid who can outrun an entire team on a bubble screen and take it 70 yards to the house is fast. Heís also elusive. Heís tough to bring down.

We will have to see if The Pirates Defense can stop Rayford. They have stopped 2 2,000 yard rushers so far in the playoffs. So I like their chances.
Old 11-30-17, 05:35 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Some teams get to the championship game by pluck and grit. Some have a path paved for them. I clicked on Wheelersburg by 17+. They'd have been playing week 12 in the SEO D-III region. Just too physical in this game.
Old 11-30-17, 07:14 PM
Freshman

tpdtopcop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Holden is 6’6”. I believe he put up a 4.38 40. He can make people miss and take it to the house. Great hands. Doesn’t miss many balls thrown at him at can jump to the moon. I believe his vertical is somewhere in the range of 42 inches. Big basketball recruit
Wow. That is gonna give the Eastwood’s secondary some problems then. Did Madison shut him down? Had Boos not gotten hurt that would have been a great match up.

Last edited by tpdtopcop; 11-30-17 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-30-17, 07:17 PM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
So basically his 4.38 is really a 4.6 right? lol
Old 11-30-17, 07:34 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Wow. That is gonna give the Eastwood’s secondary some problems then. Did Madison shut him down? Had Boos. It gotten hurt that would have been a great match up.
Well they hit him for 30 some yards that set up the go ahead TD and he had some other catches but he had 2 uncharacteristic drops (which I think he fixes this week because it don’t happen often) that would have went for long TD’s. He also had a pick to seal the game. He won Division 5 all Ohio offensive player of the year. They didn’t necessarily shut him down but he didn’t have his best game either
Old 11-30-17, 07:35 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS91 View Post
Nope. 4.38 is legit. Dude is a baller...football field and basketball court. Ball is put up high and no one can ďget upĒ with him
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FE159EF4-78B1-42D6-8BCA-2C8D4952ED4C.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1986  
Old 11-30-17, 07:41 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS91 View Post