Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Wheelersburg by 17+ 3 4.35%
Wheelersburg by 8-16 8 11.59%
Wheelersburg by 1-7 18 26.09%
Eastwood by 1-7 24 34.78%
Eastwood by 8-16 11 15.94%
Eastwood by 17+ 5 7.25%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-17, 01:33 PM
Varsity

#ReachHigher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingeagle View Post
P(irate) just keeps it going trying to argue with everyone. He's is right and everyone else is wrong. Ok Wheelerburg wins 62-0 and is the greatest D5 team in history. Eastwood will show up late and leave at halftime. Eastwood players are slow and 70 pounds over weight and can't bench 100 pounds. All 14 teams they beat didn't show up and were forfeits.

Now are you happy?
No more talk just play.
Sounds like you ruffled this Eagles feathers P(irate)
Old 11-28-17, 01:39 PM
All Region

boater is on a distinguished road
P(irate) - been doing some checking - what is it that irritates you about Eastwood - pretty interesting comments on the Eastwood /SR Thread you posted :

I think SR will make short work of Eastwood. Their schedule wasn’t very tough. I would think the AP#1 would have beat some world beaters. But that’s simply not the case. I’m not sold on them I guess....

I don't see The "Burg " Schedule being any better - not saying it was worst - but you obviously have "issues" with this Eagles team - trolling them - especially since you aren't familiar with the teams they have beaten and or played? SOS was very close actually with Wheelersburg...

I'll all about you sticking up for your team but .... there is something deeper going on here ?
Old 11-28-17, 02:03 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
I've had a chance to see some of the top programs in Division 5 play this season, and Eastwood is the best that I've seen. I have not seen Wheelersburg, so I can't make any judgement about their squad. What I can tell you is that Eastwood may be the most disciplined school of its size that I've seen in a while. They execute well and never seem to be out of position. The times I've seen them play this season they've appeared to be beatable early, yet they slowly took over games. I mentioned it on another thread, but the best way to describe it is that a close game quietly morphed into a two or three score lead. I've heard a lot of good things about Wheelersburg, and I'm hoping for a good game.
Old 11-28-17, 03:05 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I've had a chance to see some of the top programs in Division 5 play this season, and Eastwood is the best that I've seen. I have not seen Wheelersburg, so I can't make any judgement about their squad. What I can tell you is that Eastwood may be the most disciplined school of its size that I've seen in a while. They execute well and never seem to be out of position. The times I've seen them play this season they've appeared to be beatable early, yet they slowly took over games. I mentioned it on another thread, but the best way to describe it is that a close game quietly morphed into a two or three score lead. I've heard a lot of good things about Wheelersburg, and I'm hoping for a good game.
Same here. I haven’t got to watch Eastwood so I can’t judge them. Going off some stats like points scored and points allowed and a few others, these teams appear to be neck and neck with no real clear advantage either way. Burg 40.9 ppg giving up 8.1 and Eastwood 39.6 ppg giving up 8.3. I know they played different teams but SOS was pretty close with Burg being 19th and Eastwood 24th. Should be either a shootout or a good old slobber knocker. I’m going with slobber knocker. I think this is going to be one of the better games, if not the best this weekend.
Old 11-28-17, 03:53 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron Man View Post
How does well do the Eagle Fans Travel?
I heard the game last for them had an attendance of 2500+

I think Burg and Madison brought that much each!
OHSAA had us at over 5000.

Wont make a dent in that stadium but just curious.
Never did see an official number but did read they figured 6,000+ in Chillicothe

Last edited by #ReachHigher; 11-28-17 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-28-17, 04:25 PM
All District

P(irate) is on a distinguished road
You guys are hilarious. I ask questions about Eastwood and the only thing you can do try and argue. Lmao. Don’t be mouth breathers. Have some class. You guys aren’t the Philadelphia Eagles. Just wait for it fellas. That Trophy is coming to Southern Ohio. Enough said.
Old 11-28-17, 04:39 PM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
You guys aren't the New England Patriots. You guys can take the runner up trophy to Southern Ohio.
Old 11-28-17, 04:57 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingeagle View Post
P(irate) just keeps it going trying to argue with everyone. He's is right and everyone else is wrong. Ok Wheelerburg wins 62-0 and is the greatest D5 team in history. Eastwood will show up late and leave at halftime. Eastwood players are slow and 70 pounds over weight and can't bench 100 pounds. All 14 teams they beat didn't show up and were forfeits.

Now are you happy?
No more talk just play.
Please refer me to where I said any of those things. You guys canít talk football. I get it. Forgive me for trying to have an intelligent conversation. Something you are certainly incapable of.
Old 11-28-17, 04:58 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
You guys aren't the New England Patriots. You guys can take the runner up trophy to Southern Ohio.
Haha. No we are not. Great observation.
Old 11-28-17, 05:00 PM
All District

Quote:
My point at them not being gassed is the fact that Eastwood is a well conditioned program. It ties into their elite track and field program. I just don't see them wearing down in any game. That's just my opinion.
Thatís what we are looking for. Instead of being narcissistic.
Old 11-28-17, 05:02 PM
All World

Now the question is can Wheelersburg run with the Eastwood?
Old 11-28-17, 05:06 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Now the question is can Wheelersburg run with the Eastwood?
We for sure got the depth to go the distance if that’s what you’re referring to. These teams are pretty much identical on paper. This can go either way
Old 11-28-17, 05:10 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ReachHigher View Post
We for sure got the depth to go the distance if thatís what youíre referring to
Not necessarily. If Rayford breaks and has 2-3 yards in front of the defender can he be caught?
Old 11-28-17, 05:10 PM
All World

Quote:
We for sure got the depth to go the distance if thatís what youíre referring to. These teams are pretty much identical on paper. This can go either way
This I agree with
Old 11-28-17, 05:12 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Not necessarily. If Rayford breaks and has 2-3 yards in front of the defender can he be caught?
Well that I can’t answer because I know jack about Rayford. I know our guys are quick is all I can answer to that. Is there any film on you guys that I could check out?
Old 11-28-17, 05:23 PM
Varsity

I’m not going to sit here and dog Eastwood because I know nothing about you guys other than you’re 14-0 and who we play come Friday. I’m not going to say Burg wins but not going to say they lose either. I will say this is what everyone wanted and according to stats on paper I’m not sure I’ve ever seen 2 teams more evenly matched. I don’t know how it plays out on the field, but by what we have to go off of, this is a coin flip and should be one of the best games of the weekend
Old 11-28-17, 05:28 PM
All World

Quote:
Well that I canít answer because I know jack about Rayford. I know our guys are quick is all I can answer to that. Is there any film on you guys that I could check out?
I'm not an Eastwood guy just a fan of NWO football. Heck Ohio football. Look up Jaden Rayford and you should see film on the Hudl.
Old 11-28-17, 05:31 PM
Freshman

bleed_blue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not an Eastwood guy just a fan of NWO football. Heck Ohio football. Look up Jaden Rayford and you should see film on the Hudl.

Heís very good has great vision and is a down hill runner with great speed. Heís nothing like what Wheelersburg has seen this year but I think the Pirate defense will step up to the challenge thatís ahead of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-17, 05:39 PM
All World

I think I'll make the trip to see this one. I think this will be the most evenly matched game of the weekend.
Old 11-28-17, 06:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Idk. #29 and #4 for Burg are speedsters. Idk how theyíll stack up to him. Hard to tell exactly how fast a kid is in film.
Old 11-28-17, 09:19 PM
All District

coachjw
Quote:
Originally Posted by P(irate) View Post
Idk. #29 and #4 for Burg are speedsters. Idk how theyíll stack up to him. Hard to tell exactly how fast a kid is in film.
They must play Baseball? I didn't see any Wheelersburg track guys at state.
Oh Eastwood had 12 guys there.
Old 11-28-17, 09:30 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachjw View Post
Football fast and track fast are not the same.
Old 11-28-17, 09:56 PM
All World

Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Lol....this is good stuff, but you're not playing Monroe or Madison this week. Funny, the South Range fans thought the same thing last week. Man, you've got "the depth of 2 or 3 teams combined"?? So that means you go 5 or 6 deep at every position?? Kinda hard to believe the OHSAA is making you guys drive all the way to Canton...probably should just ship the trophy down to the Burg and start the party right now
As a South Range fan, I never thought the Raiders would gas Eastwood. Actually I feared the opposite, which is exactly what happened. I knew if we didn't win the game up front we would get worn down by the fourth quarter. Eastwood's 85-yard drive in the fourth proved they won that battle.
Old 11-28-17, 10:42 PM
All World

Quote:
Football fast and track fast are not the same.
But athlete fast is athlete fast isn't it now?
Old 11-28-17, 10:50 PM
All District

Quote:
Quote:
But athlete fast is athlete fast isn't it now?
Yea. But just because a kid is fast on a track doesnít mean it transfers to the field. Iíve seen it with my own eyes. I saw a State Champ in the 200 and 400 get burnt by a back from Reading.
Old 11-29-17, 01:02 AM
Varsity

Burggrad6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Old 11-29-17, 01:03 AM
Varsity

Burggrad6 is on a distinguished road
Pic didn’t upload. Burg was at state in track!
Old 11-29-17, 01:41 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
As a South Range fan, I never thought the Raiders would gas Eastwood. Actually I feared the opposite, which is exactly what happened. I knew if we didn't win the game up front we would get worn down by the fourth quarter. Eastwood's 85-yard drive in the fourth proved they won that battle.
Not saying for sure that we will either. Just saying thus far that is what has happened. I know they are a different team and a good team or they wouldnít be there. This should be a dandy. Hoping for an injury free game for both teams as I think this will be a defensive battle. Best of luck to both teams
Old 11-29-17, 02:15 AM
All District

Quote:
Not saying for sure that we will either. Just saying thus far that is what has happened. I know they are a different team and a good team or they wouldnít be there. This should be a dandy. Hoping for an injury free game for both teams as I think this will be a defensive battle. Best of luck to both teams
These guys act like their line went to the state in track for the 1600 and won 1st-5th. Thatís where Burg will wear them down. I donít care how fast a kid is if he doesnít have anywhere to go.
Old 11-29-17, 07:18 AM
All World

Quote:
These guys act like their line went to the state in track for the 1600 and won 1st-5th. Thatís where Burg will wear them down. I donít care how fast a kid is if he doesnít have anywhere to go.
The point that I'm trying to make and you are failing to grasp is that this Eastwood team is a disciplined well conditioned team. They will not be worn out at all. The other point that I'm trying to make is that once their RB's get to the second level I don't think that there is any one on Wheelersburg's team that will be able to close on them. This will result in a lot of big run plays.