Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Wheelersburg by 17+ 3 4.35%
Wheelersburg by 8-16 8 11.59%
Wheelersburg by 1-7 18 26.09%
Eastwood by 1-7 24 34.78%
Eastwood by 8-16 11 15.94%
Eastwood by 17+ 5 7.25%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-17, 11:56 AM
All Region

boater is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ReachHigher View Post
Won’t if they can’t move it. A team averaging 364.5 rush yards per game got 112 total yards last week. Only 29 in second half. Same thing the week before. Averaging over 350 and they got 158 total yards. I look for Eastwood to be gassed by the fourth and that’s when the Burg will get you. We have the depth of 2 or 3 teams combined. I love our chances with another run heavy team
Trying to compare teams doesn't work to well - but if it makes you feel better - well you go with that. Madison got drilled by Valley View ( nice team this year) and beat by Monroe that won 1 game - those two teams combined held them to 20 points while they gave up 82 ?? Both teams have been ranked for most of the season #1 & #2. I believe South Range said the same of Eastwood last week - I didn't see that helping them much !
SOS looks pretty even to me - I expect a good game - but I don't see either team running away with this - weather looks fine as of today - so T/O will be critical in my opinion.

Last edited by boater; 11-27-17 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-27-17, 12:13 PM
Varsity

#ReachHigher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Lol....this is good stuff, but you're not playing Monroe or Madison this week. Funny, the South Range fans thought the same thing last week. Man, you've got "the depth of 2 or 3 teams combined"?? So that means you go 5 or 6 deep at every position?? Kinda hard to believe the OHSAA is making you guys drive all the way to Canton...probably should just ship the trophy down to the Burg and start the party right now
Thatís what we have heard every week and we shut them down. We have wore EVERY team down by the 4th. Not saying Eastwood canít win, just saying it wonít be easy to play 4 quarters with us
Old 11-27-17, 12:16 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater View Post
Trying to compare teams doesn't work to well - but if it makes you feel better - well you go with that. Madison got drilled by Valley View ( nice team this year) and beat by Monroe that won 1 game - those two teams combined held them to 20 points while they gave up 82 ?? Both teams have been ranked for most of the season #1 & #2. I believe South Range said the same of Eastwood last week - I didn't see that helping them much !
SOS looks pretty even to me - I expect a good game - but I don't see either team running away with this - weather looks fine as of today - so T/O will be critical in my opinion.
I know comparing does nothing. Just stating some stats and the reason I think that run game gets shut down this week. I expect a good one too but if I see one advantage it’s in our depth. Madison was a different team earlier in the year but they got it together trust me. I don’t know how you can think they are a bad team when they had the hardest path to the semifinals by far in my opinion. Anna, CHCA, then West Jefferson. All the “experts” went against them every time and Madison proved them wrong. Nothing but respect for Madison. They deserved to be there and if you win Friday I’ll say the same for you

Last edited by #ReachHigher; 11-27-17 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-27-17, 12:27 PM
All Region

Both teams have been REALLY challenged once this year - last week Madison did it to Wheelersburg & Genoa ( rivalry game for Eastwood) was within a score. It'll be interesting to see who does play the best in the 4th quarter & who takes care of the football?
Old 11-27-17, 12:35 PM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Eastwood gassed???? That's hilarious.
Old 11-27-17, 12:40 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
Can you please show me where I said Eastwood would be gassed? I said I look for them to be, not that they would but every team so far has been. Maybe they will maybe they won’t. I know all 14 opponents so far have been at least by the 4th. Madison played great until we wore them down in the 4th and Burg took over. Better have depth is all I can say. Come on Friday!
Old 11-27-17, 01:59 PM
All District

P(irate) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
Your comment is laughable at best. Donít try to make something out of nothing.

Burg is very deep. 8-10 guys can play oline. 10 guys can play dline. They have skill position athletes out the wazoo. Burg will wear on them. Thereís no doubt about that.
Old 11-27-17, 02:57 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by P(irate) View Post
Your comment is laughable at best. Donít try to make something out of nothing.

Burg is very deep. 8-10 guys can play oline. 10 guys can play dline. They have skill position athletes out the wazoo. Burg will wear on them. Thereís no doubt about that.
Iím betting on wore out by 4th just like everyone else. They think theyíre the Philadelphia Eagles instead of the Eastwood Eagles
Old 11-27-17, 03:01 PM
All District

Quote:
Iím betting on wore out by 4th just like everyone else. They think theyíre the Philadelphia Eagles instead of the Eastwood Eagles

Lol. Theyíve been asking who would give them a game. I think they are about to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-17, 03:05 PM
All District

Quote:

Madison had separate o and d lines. By the 4th quarter they were done. Not saying Eastwood is Madison. But if they have linemen going both ways. They will be in trouble by the 4th.

Old 11-27-17, 03:07 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Burg will wear out Eastwood in the second half but close 21-17 win for Burg
Old 11-27-17, 03:31 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Lol. They’ve been asking who would give them a game. I think they are about to find out.

Agree. My money is on that run gets stopped, they get wore out, and Burg turns it on in the 4th. Last time we won a semifinal by scoring 15, we brought a championship home 14-7. History repeats itself
Old 11-27-17, 03:46 PM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
So let me get this straight, since I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it....do the Burg faithful think they can wear down Eastwood late in the game?
Old 11-27-17, 03:53 PM
All Region

Quote:
So let me get this straight, since I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it....do the Burg faithful think they can wear down Eastwood late in the game?
I can't believe they haven't convinced you yet - at least themselves - they all seem to be repeating it as to convince each other ??!!

The bigger question is IF they give Eastwood the same amount of T/O early will they have ENOUGH to comeback ? In the trenches it will be a war - Eastwood thus far, this year has won that battle - gonna be a fun one to watch. I was surprised Madison gave them as close a game as they did - did Madison have some kids out early in the year - SERIOUSLY losing to Monroe a one win team ? I understand losing to Valley View - but Monroe - this year ??

I have no dog in this fight but am enjoying reading posts !!
Old 11-27-17, 04:06 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Iím not a Burg fan. Sorry youíre triggered because someone picked against your school.
Old 11-27-17, 04:35 PM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Iím not a Burg fan. Sorry youíre triggered because someone picked against your school.
Lol, I'm from NW Ohio...but not an E-wood fan....just trying to
Old 11-27-17, 04:37 PM
All District

Quote:
I can't believe they haven't convinced you yet - at least themselves - they all seem to be repeating it as to convince each other ??!!

The bigger question is IF they give Eastwood the same amount of T/O early will they have ENOUGH to comeback ? In the trenches it will be a war - Eastwood thus far, this year has won that battle - gonna be a fun one to watch. I was surprised Madison gave them as close a game as they did - did Madison have some kids out early in the year - SERIOUSLY losing to Monroe a one win team ? I understand losing to Valley View - but Monroe - this year ??

I have no dog in this fight but am enjoying reading posts !!

From what I understood, they played 2 different qbs in the first 3 games. Never got a rhythm. After that they went with the one. They also devoted themselves to one d and o line. They were much better than that loss to the 1-9 team. They were a good football team and played great defense.

Your sarcasm isnít very becoming of you. Burg dresses 80 some kids. They do have depth.

Old 11-27-17, 04:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
From what I understood, they played 2 different qbs in the first 3 games. Never got a rhythm. After that they went with the one. They also devoted themselves to one d and o line. They were much better than that loss to the 1-9 team. They were a good football team and played great defense.

Your sarcasm isnít very becoming of you. Burg dresses 80 some kids. They do have depth.

I have been following both teams this year - here and talking to some folks from Portsmouth I know. I have had the opportunity to see Eastwood play but not Wheelersburg. I expect a great game = and IF the Pirates can can launch a few over the DB's of Eastwood I think they have a great shot. IF however they turn the ball over they will make you pay.

Either way I think this will be a good game - no offense - but if you look back at the posts you guys are hanging your hats on a different cat here in wearing these boys from Eastwood down- and I don't see this as wearing one or the other out. Just my opinion - no disrespect - but it was getting annoying !! Just saying ... IF I am wrong you will see me on here apologizing.
Old 11-27-17, 04:45 PM
Varsity

wing-tcoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hahahahaha! Might be a pattern emerging, eh?
Old 11-27-17, 04:51 PM
Varsity

Quote:

Your sarcasm isn’t very becoming of you. Burg dresses 80 some kids. They do have depth.

Said it once and I’ll say it again, if Madison played South Range I truly believe they’d be headed to Canton. They were underrated because of their first time making it but they were legit

Last edited by #ReachHigher; 11-27-17 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-27-17, 04:57 PM
Varsity

Quote:
We played 14 and all 14 wore down. Will be surprised if #15 doesnít as well. I can guarantee you that youíre not as deep
Old 11-27-17, 05:08 PM
All District

D V State Championship: Wheelersburg (14-0) vs Eastwood (14-0)

Quote:
I have been following both teams this year - here and talking to some folks from Portsmouth I know. I have had the opportunity to see Eastwood play but not Wheelersburg. I expect a great game = and IF the Pirates can can launch a few over the DB's of Eastwood I think they have a great shot. IF however they turn the ball over they will make you pay.

Either way I think this will be a good game - no offense - but if you look back at the posts you guys are hanging your hats on a different cat here in wearing these boys from Eastwood down- and I don't see this as wearing one or the other out. Just my opinion - no disrespect - but it was getting annoying !! Just saying ... IF I am wrong you will see me on here apologizing.

I get it.

If you are looking for a little film or something on Wíburg, on Facebook search for Skyrocket Media Group. They have a highlight film of every game so far. They will release the Burg v Madison on Thursday or Friday.

Old 11-27-17, 05:20 PM
Varsity

Quote:

I get it too. Burg fans are gonna take Burg and Eagle fans are gonna take Eagles. Enough with the small talk. I’ll be back on Friday after the game. Best of luck to both teams. See you guys in Canton.
Old 11-27-17, 05:22 PM
All District

http://ohsaa.org/news-media/articles...eams-Announced

Wheelersburg has 5 players named First Team all State. Including Co-Offensive POY WR Tanner Holden
Old 11-27-17, 08:29 PM
All District

coachjw
Eastwood only 2. It's all political.
Eastwood should have had at least one offensive lineman and Rayford at running back not 3rd team. There is not 11 backs better then him and I know he's better then Genoa kid.
Old 11-28-17, 01:55 AM
All District

So everyone whose criticizing our logic. Please, if you don’t mind, enlighten us as to why you believe Eastwood will prevail.
Old 11-28-17, 05:34 AM
All District

NLLBEST is on a distinguished road
I think its safe to say most people picking Eastwood believe they will win and won’t get worn down because they dictate pace of play. I don’t think they’ll be able to run at will but they will most definitely be able to move the ball. They have a very experienced oline and backs that find the hole well. Rayford can make something out of nothing but rarely has to. The eagle defense gets after it as well as any team I’ve watched this year and I thought going into the playoffs the only way a team could beat them is by spreading them out and throwing it around. Eastwood will face a team that does that this weekend so I expect it to be a tough game for them defensively but will still take the eagles 28-21...it hasn’t been brought up yet but Eastwood does have a 6’4 d1 baseball commit at receiver so they have an option if they want to try and stretch the field at all.
Old 11-28-17, 06:40 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLLBEST View Post
I think its safe to say most people picking Eastwood believe they will win and wonít get worn down because they dictate pace of play. I donít think theyíll be able to run at will but they will most definitely be able to move the ball. They have a very experienced oline and backs that find the hole well. Rayford can make something out of nothing but rarely has to. The eagle defense gets after it as well as any team Iíve watched this year and I thought going into the playoffs the only way a team could beat them is by spreading them out and throwing it around. Eastwood will face a team that does that this weekend so I expect it to be a tough game for them defensively but will still take the eagles 28-21...it hasnít been brought up yet but Eastwood does have a 6í4 d1 baseball commit at receiver so they have an option if they want to try and stretch the field at all.
Just playing devils advocate here. Say Wheelersburg stifles the run game of Eastwood. Meaning, they are only getting 2-3 ypc. How then would Eastwood dictate the pace of play? They wouldnít be. It would be Wheelersburg and their defense. Offensively Wheelersburg COULD do the same and play no huddle and sling the ball around. Would this have any effect on the Eastwood defense? If they can stifle that then they would in turn determine the pace on that side of the ball.

This is what gets me. Not comparing Eastwood to any team Burg has played at all. First it was Johnstown. They said the same things you guys are saying. They run at will. Have the best back youíve seen all year. No way you stop this run game. We did it. Then Monroe. Yes they were a tough out. But, they finished the game with something like 116 yards. They told us we couldnít stop their run game. They have the best back weíve seen all year. We did that too. I guarantee this will be the best run defense Eastwood has seen all year. Without a doubt. This defense can stop the run.

I see you pointed out some key factors for Eastwood. I appreciate that. Certainly having a veteran o line is huge. And Iíve seen #26 on film. He has great vision and is very patient. I believe our d line will have to get a little penetration, not too much, and stalemate that big o line to free up our backers. I think they can be successful in doing so. Our defensive line flows well down the LOS. Our secondary is quick to react to the run and come up with some big hits. I donít think Eastwood will be able to get the edge. Nobody has been too successful yet. It could happen though if we get over aggressive.

Offensively Burg cannot start slow. They will have to come out firing. Iíve noticed Eastwood likes to leave room on the outside. Does that change this week with the Burg receiving corp? Or do they mainly do that to keep from getting beat over the top? If they play off the 10-12 yards as they do on film. Iíd expect Burg to nickel and dime their way down the field. Holden is a threat anytime he touches the ball. Heís an athlete at 6í6Ē. Will they give safety help over the top and play tight man to man on him? Have they seen a kid like this any time this year?
Old 11-28-17, 08:07 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
My point at them not being gassed is the fact that Eastwood is a well conditioned program. It ties into their elite track and field program. I just don't see them wearing down in any game. That's just my opinion.

Last edited by 1disciple; 11-28-17 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-28-17, 11:59 AM
Varsity

flyingeagle is on a distinguished road
P(irate) just keeps it going trying to argue with everyone. He's is right and everyone else is wrong. Ok Wheelerburg wins 62-0 and is the greatest D5 team in history. Eastwood will show up late and leave at halftime. Eastwood players are slow and 70 pounds over weight and can't bench 100 pounds. All 14 teams they beat didn't show up and were forfeits.

Now are you happy?
No more talk just play.