Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Wheelersburg by 17+ 3 4.35%
Wheelersburg by 8-16 8 11.59%
Wheelersburg by 1-7 18 26.09%
Eastwood by 1-7 24 34.78%
Eastwood by 8-16 11 15.94%
Eastwood by 17+ 5 7.25%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-17, 09:24 PM
Varsity

#ReachHigher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
Been picking Burg so far in the playoffs, but I think it ends here. Eastwood appears to be head and shoulders better. This should be a great game. Eastwood for the win.
How do you get they are heads and shoulders better? Burg leads in both categories...offense and defense. You should do your research before you post. Burg is also the #1 team in D5

Last edited by #ReachHigher; 11-25-17 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-25-17, 09:43 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
I did. Eastwood has beaten better teams as ranked by Pasteur than Burg. Boo fricken Hoo.

I just try to pick winners . But we get to see the trash talkers from the river. Oh joy......
Old 11-25-17, 09:54 PM
All District

P(irate) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I did. Eastwood has beaten better teams as ranked by Pasteur than Burg. Boo fricken Hoo.

I just try to pick winners . But we get to see the trash talkers from the river. Oh joy......
How would you recognize a winner? You look the biggest loser in the world in the face every morning. To you, everyone is a winner. Youíre trash and a troll. Try to rub in a score before the game is over and canít show back up and eat your words. Then come on our next thread on TWO different sites. Lmao. Youíre lame.

Another thing. You base it al off of Fantastic50. Well that says Burg has the 19th toughest in DV and Eastwood has the 24th. What say you then? Like I said before. Enjoy basketball season. Or better yet, come on over to Canton Friday afternoon and introduce yourself. Would love to watch the game with you.
Old 11-25-17, 10:13 PM
Varsity

Quote:

Funny Pasteur has Burg ranked ahead of Eastwood and also says our schedule was tougher so try again troll boy. Here’s you another Pasteur stat. He had Burg 38% to win D5 after week 10 vs his 20% prediction for Eastwood. Burg is -11 with 82.38% chance to win

Last edited by #ReachHigher; 11-25-17 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-26-17, 10:18 AM
Varsity

SAM6482 is on a distinguished road
Burg played almost the entire first half of the Week 12 Columbus Academy game and the Week 14 Madison game with no field position at all. Trailed the CA game 10-0 as I recall and the Madison game 7-0 at half. Burg defense held more or less in each game the entire first half with their opponents starting in great position.

As a SE Ohio guy would love to see them take it all, and to do so they need to get their offense back on track a bit and not put so much pressure on their D to not break.

I know nothing about Eastwood so kind of silly to predict, but if Burg can score more than 17 I like their chances. If Eastwood has a defensive back that can press Holden a bit and not give him 15 yards off the LOS and take away some of the short stuff and defend the funnel screen then that puts more pressure on their QB to find someone else open and/or effectively run the ball.

Good luck to the Pirates from a Jackson Ironmen fan, will be tuning in Friday afternoon to hopefully watch a great game.
Old 11-26-17, 12:04 PM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ReachHigher View Post
Burg is -11 with 82.38% chance to win
Where are you seeing this? He had Burg by 13 and 80% last week against a Madison team that was ranked #140. He has Burg at 45 and Eastwood at 49....I don't see how he comes up with 11 pts and 82%
Old 11-26-17, 02:16 PM
Varsity

wing-tcoach is on a distinguished road
I hope that the game on the field is as contentious as this thread...
Old 11-26-17, 02:27 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Where are you seeing this? He had Burg by 13 and 80% last week against a Madison team that was ranked #140. He has Burg at 45 and Eastwood at 49....I don't see how he comes up with 11 pts and 82%
Thatís from highschoolball.com.
Old 11-26-17, 02:29 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing-tcoach View Post
I hope that the game on the field is as contentious as this thread...
lol. Me too. We loathe some people but we are pretty easy to get along with. We are tired of being the states ďwhipping boyĒ so to speak. We just want to gain respect up North.
Old 11-26-17, 02:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by P(irate) View Post
That’s from highschoolball.com.
Gotcha...that explains it lol

Before last week Pasteur (who was 13-14 on last week's games) had Burg at #45 and Eastwood #49.

Expect Eastwood to be ranked above Burg and favored. South Range was a lot higher than Madison going into last weekend.

I'm expecting him to have Eastwood by 3
Old 11-26-17, 02:48 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Breaking News Paladin Picks Eastwood

That means Burgs wins. Sorry Eastwood. You have just been given the Paladin curse
Old 11-26-17, 03:17 PM
Junior Varsity

Neutron Man is on a distinguished road
Eastwood better hope that they have another form of offense aside from their fullback. Because if they run him 90% of the time like they did last game, game over Burg by two touchdowns
Old 11-26-17, 04:22 PM
All District

Quote:

Before last week Pasteur (who was 13-14 on last week's games) had Burg at #45 and Eastwood #49.

Expect Eastwood to be ranked above Burg and favored. South Range was a lot higher than Madison going into last weekend.

Thatís fine with me. I could care less. But idk if youíre right about that. Heís been big on Burg all year. I donít see him putting Eastwood ahead of Wíburg. South Range under achieving will factor in.

The best part about it. It doesnít matter who says what. Friday afternoon, we will all find out for sure who is #1
Old 11-26-17, 04:24 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron Man View Post
Eastwood better hope that they have another form of offense aside from their fullback. Because if they run him 90% of the time like they did last game, game over Burg by two touchdowns
Ive been thinking that too. But that kid is special. Good athlete and great vision. He runs tough. Burg will be up to the task. No doubt about that.
Old 11-26-17, 04:25 PM
Freshman

bleed_blue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ive been thinking that too. But that kid is special. Good athlete and great vision. He runs tough. Burg will be up to the task. No doubt about that.

Their other back 21 looks to be pretty good as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-17, 04:28 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed_blue View Post
Their other back 21 looks to be pretty good as well

Yes he is. They donít give him the ball that much tho. They rely heavily on the FB. If heís not gaining yards they are in trouble. Every drive stalls when he isnít making plays.
Old 11-26-17, 06:12 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Highschoolball.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADEEC3BB-3C47-484A-AE31-6C523D5F426F.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1970  
Old 11-26-17, 06:30 PM
Varsity

Quote:

Madison was also WAY underrated. I guarantee you Madison would beat South Range. I don’t doubt that for 1 second. They ran the gauntlet in the playoffs. The hardest path to the semifinals in my opinion. Anna, CHCA, and West Jefferson. All I know is Eastwood better be able to get something going in the passing game because that run isn’t going to get it done this week. We held Madison to 112 total yards and only 29 in the second half when they were averaging 364.5 per game. Same the week before with the Johnnies. I LOVE our chances with another run heavy team!
Old 11-26-17, 07:28 PM
Freshman

bleed_blue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Madison was also WAY underrated. I guarantee you Madison would beat South Range. I donít doubt that for 1 second. They ran the gauntlet in the playoffs. The hardest path to the semifinals in my opinion. Anna, CHCA, and West Jefferson. All I know is Eastwood better be able to get something going in the passing game because that run isnít going to get it done this week. We held Madison to 112 total yards and only 29 in the second half when they were averaging 364.5 per game. Same the week before with the Johnnies. I LOVE our chances with another run heavy team!

I know Wheelersburg is very good against the run but I donít think you can compare what Wheelersburg has seen the last 2 weeks to this run game. This backfield is a lot better than what theyíve saw against Johnstown and Madison. Theyíre fast elusive and seems to finish their runs going forward. Itís going to be a tall task for the battle tested Pirate defense.

Old 11-26-17, 07:46 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed_blue View Post
I know Wheelersburg is very good against the run but I donít think you can compare what Wheelersburg has seen the last 2 weeks to this run game. This backfield is a lot better than what theyíve saw against Johnstown and Madison. Theyíre fast elusive and seems to finish their runs going forward. Itís going to be a tall task for the battle tested Pirate defense.

If you watched any film on Madison you would have noticed the same thing. Their backs were that way as well. They just didnít have the room to run. I think that 16 yarder on the first play of the game was their longest of the night. Burg tackles extremely well. You wonít get an arm tackle from them. They are going to hit you every chance they get.

On another note. Did any of you guys see Carmichael blitz and take out that left guard and Center? Lol. He blitzed the wrong gap but still blew the play up.
Old 11-26-17, 08:01 PM
Varsity

ILikeSports is on a distinguished road
Fantastic 50 has Eastwood by 2. They are now ranked #1.
Old 11-26-17, 08:39 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSports View Post
Fantastic 50 has Eastwood by 2. They are now ranked #1.
Fine with me. Not saying they canít win but I guarantee you it wonít be easy. I still think Madison was better than South Range. They just didnít get no love because it was their first playoff run. Anna and CHCA back to back is a tall task for anyone
Old 11-26-17, 10:50 PM
Junior Varsity

Neutron Man is on a distinguished road
Clearly has to be a winner and loser, but to me these teams are so evenly matched on defense and both have a very dangerous offense.

This is gonna be a GREAT game.
Hope Zebras and Injuries don't decide this one.

Stay Warm! Drive Safe.The Best team will win this one.

#GoBurg #ReachHigher
Old 11-26-17, 11:00 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron Man View Post
Clearly has to be a winner and loser, but to me these teams are so evenly matched on defense and both have a very dangerous offense.

This is gonna be a GREAT game.
Hope Zebras and Injuries don't decide this one.

Stay Warm! Drive Safe.The Best team will win this one.

#GoBurg #ReachHigher
I agree. I donít see either having a clear advantage over the other. I do however think if they canít get something going in the passing, we will have a little advantage. Also I like our depth as the game goes on. CA, Johnnies, and Madison all 3 were wore out in the second half, especially the 4th quarter
Old 11-27-17, 12:34 AM
Varsity

flyingeagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
lol. Me too. We loathe some people but we are pretty easy to get along with. We are tired of being the states ďwhipping boyĒ so to speak. We just want to gain respect up North.
I respect the southern teams every year. I've followed Wheelsburg all season and their are a very good team. I don't think its disrespect, it all fans love their teams and dumb things.
I'm hoping for a good and close game to watch. Its to hard to compare teams that are over 4 hours apart. Both teams have great athletes.
#26 is Eastwood main guy, he has over 2100 yard and he missed 2 game early in the season do to injury. #21 is also a good back, he played JV the first 8 weeks and stepped in when Eastwood all state back #36 who went down with knee. #47 is the 3rd back and he started after game one when Eastwood lost their other good back #4 for the season with leg injury.
Eastwood lucky to have so many backs that stepped in and they still win. After watching Eastwood I think their lines on both side of the ball has been their key to winning.
I hope to watch my 4th game this week. Good Luck Eagles.
Old 11-27-17, 01:28 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingeagle View Post
I respect the southern teams every year. I've followed Wheelsburg all season and their are a very good team. I don't think its disrespect, it all fans love their teams and dumb things.
I'm hoping for a good and close game to watch. Its to hard to compare teams that are over 4 hours apart. Both teams have great athletes.
#26 is Eastwood main guy, he has over 2100 yard and he missed 2 game early in the season do to injury. #21 is also a good back, he played JV the first 8 weeks and stepped in when Eastwood all state back #36 who went down with knee. #47 is the 3rd back and he started after game one when Eastwood lost their other good back #4 for the season with leg injury.
Eastwood lucky to have so many backs that stepped in and they still win. After watching Eastwood I think their lines on both side of the ball has been their key to winning.
I hope to watch my 4th game this week. Good Luck Eagles.
Good luck to your Eagles. I donít think itís going to be easy for either team. I could easily see this one being a good old 7-3 low scoring slobber knocker
Old 11-27-17, 09:29 AM
All Region

boater is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you watched any film on Madison you would have noticed the same thing. Their backs were that way as well. They just didn’t have the room to run. I think that 16 yarder on the first play of the game was their longest of the night. Burg tackles extremely well. You won’t get an arm tackle from them. They are going to hit you every chance they get.

On another note. Did any of you guys see Carmichael blitz and take out that left guard and Center? Lol. He blitzed the wrong gap but still blew the play up.
Love to see the fan base get fired up - but this game is #1 -vs#2 - all year - absolutely the matchup most wanted. The weather could be a factor - we shall see - I have not seen Wheelersburg play this year - but I have seen Eastwood. They have overcome injuries throughout the year - the one constant is their line play -on both sides of the ball- which has been outstanding. THus why the backs they've been forced to use because of injury have done so well. It'll be a close one for sure ! I know IF Wheelersburg turns the ball over Eastwood will PUT up points.

Last edited by boater; 11-27-17 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-27-17, 11:43 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater View Post
Love to see the fan base get fired up - but this game is #1 -vs#2 - all year - absolutely the matchup most wanted. The weather could be a factor - we shall see - I have not seen Wheelersburg play this year - but I have seen Eastwood. They have overcome injuries throughout the year - the one constant is their line play -on both sides of the ball- which has been outstanding. THus why the backs they've been forced to use because of injury have done so well. It'll be a close one for sure ! I know IF Wheelersburg turns the ball over Eastwood will PUT up points.
Won’t if they can’t move it. A team averaging 364.5 rush yards per game got 112 total yards last week. Only 29 in second half. Same thing the week before. Averaging over 350 and they got 158 total yards. I look for Eastwood to be gassed by the fourth and that’s when the Burg will get you. We have the depth of 2 or 3 teams combined. I love our chances with another run heavy team
Old 11-27-17, 11:44 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater View Post
I'm seeing 46 and sunny with 10% chance of rain and light winds....I'm guessing either team will be happy with that for a Dec 1st game in Ohio lol
Old 11-27-17, 11:55 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Wonít if they canít move it. A team averaging 364.5 rush yards per game got 112 total yards last week. Only 29 in second half. Same thing the week before. Averaging over 350 and they got 158 total yards. I look for Eastwood to be gassed by the fourth and thatís when the Burg will get you. We have the depth of 2 or 3 teams combined. I love our chances with another run heavy team
Lol....this is good stuff, but you're not playing Monroe or Madison this week. Funny, the South Range fans thought the same thing last week. Man, you've got "the depth of 2 or 3 teams combined"?? So that means you go 5 or 6 deep at every position?? Kinda hard to believe the OHSAA is making you guys drive all the way to Canton...probably should just ship the trophy down to the Burg and start the party right now