Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Clinton-Massie by 17+ 3 2.63%
Clinton-Massie by 8-16 5 4.39%
Clinton-Massie by 1-7 30 26.32%
Steubenville by 1-7 16 14.04%
Steubenville by 8-16 46 40.35%
Steubenville by 17+ 14 12.28%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-17, 08:11 AM
Junior Varsity

Lakindo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by valuska View Post
I checked with DirectTV and was told that the games will be broadcast on Fox Sports Ohio CH 660 for a subscription price of $13.99+tax if not already a subscriber to the sports package. I checked to see if they are currently listed on their channel guide and the are NOT yet listed. I assume they will show up later in the week. If you have DirectTV you might want to keep an eye out for this option of watching the games if you can not attend.
I heard a rumor that it will be broadcast live locally on MeTV, channel 9.3. Probably in standard def. I guess contractually WTOV9 can't air it and FOX 9 has the Big 12 championship. Just a rumor, though, heard from someone who would know. Doesn't matter to me, I will be there in person
Old 11-28-17, 08:14 AM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
You are correct....Hartley has done it....two years in a row....

But please do not stop your bashing of CM....You are giving their players and coaches plenty of locker room material.
Sorry pal.... didnít bash CM, but I can if you like. I have some great material saved up. And if CM needs the words of a tired old ex jock to get them going then they need more help than I originally thought.
Old 11-28-17, 08:34 AM
All Region

ferflog is on a distinguished road
Current Ohio playoff streaks of at least 10 years:

12 years (since 2006): Pickerington Central
13 years (since 2005): Aurora, Shadyside
14 years (since 2004): Toledo Central Catholic
16 years (since 2002): Clarksville Clinton-Massie
17 years (since 2001): Kettering Archbishop Alter, Steubenville
19 years (since 1999): Mogadore
21 years (since 1997): Coldwater
Old 11-28-17, 10:04 AM
All District

BobcatQB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferflog View Post
Current Ohio playoff streaks of at least 10 years:

12 years (since 2006): Pickerington Central
13 years (since 2005): Aurora, Shadyside
14 years (since 2004): Toledo Central Catholic
16 years (since 2002): Clarksville Clinton-Massie
17 years (since 2001): Kettering Archbishop Alter, Steubenville
19 years (since 1999): Mogadore
21 years (since 1997): Coldwater
That's impressive.
Old 11-28-17, 10:14 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Good Luck BigRed from your old Massillon rivals.
Old 11-28-17, 10:42 AM
Varsity

noclue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Sorry pal.... didnít bash CM, but I can if you like. I have some great material saved up. And if CM needs the words of a tired old ex jock to get them going then they need more help than I originally thought.
I look forward to hearing all of this material you have saved up you old ex jock
Old 11-28-17, 11:14 AM
All Ohio

thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
Clinton is big and physical . They run the ball hard and they hit very hard . They play solid on both sides and they don't turn the ball over . This is going to be a very tough game . They play at a level 2 divisions higher than they actually are.
Old 11-28-17, 11:18 AM
All Region

Massie is on a distinguished road
I remember reading all of this same stuff back when Massie played the "unstoppable Cardinal Mooney" a while back.....turned out to be a good game. Any given Saturday afternoon....
Old 11-28-17, 11:21 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickthinbigred View Post
Clinton is big and physical . They run the ball hard and they hit very hard . They play solid on both sides and they don't turn the ball over . This is going to be a very tough game . They play at a level 2 divisions higher than they actually are.
This is appreciated. One of the struggles of the JG game was turnovers. Massie doesn't normally turn the ball over but lack of experience of the backup RBs showed up. No way they can get by with this against Steuby.
Old 11-28-17, 11:22 AM
All World

RedBlack_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickthinbigred View Post
A very worthy state title game participant, no doubt. Everything I've heard tells me this is going to be one hell of a game. Any Big Red people who are overconfident or predicting an easy ride haven't learned from past experiences. Massie is here for a reason, and it is a good reason. They're an old-school, grind-it-out football team who will fight for four quarters.

Everyone should be prepared for a battle on Saturday.

RRR
Old 11-28-17, 11:30 AM
All Ohio

Legba is on a distinguished road
only the players need to be prepared. Massie can bring Baylee Wolfe back and they still would get tore up this saturday.
Old 11-28-17, 12:17 PM
Freshman

Big Cat Magoo is on a distinguished road
I guess knocking off Valley View and Wyoming(2 undefeated teams) shows a sign of playing a week schedule. Only lose was to a D3 school as time expired that was in the playoffs. If is seen it right, in which I did, there was some cupcakes on the big red schedule.
Old 11-28-17, 12:44 PM
All Ohio

thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
Big Red cannot make dumb mistakes . This is going to take 4 tough quarters.
Old 11-28-17, 01:49 PM
All Region

Quote:
I look forward to hearing all of this material you have saved up you old ex jock
Based on your user name or moniker, I think it would be too deep for you to understand. Also, I am trying my darndest to remain humble. But as the saying goes: ITS HARD TO BE HUMBLE WHEN YOUR BIG RED. In all reality Iím just hoping we play the best we can and up to our ability and let the chips fall where they may. If you do that and still lose then you lost to the better team. No big deal. At the end of the day itís a game played by 14-18 year old kids. Itís just that winning is so much more fun. ROLL RED ROLL
Old 11-28-17, 01:54 PM
Varsity

noclue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Based on your user name or moniker, I think it would be too deep for you to understand. Also, I am trying my darndest to remain humble. But as the saying goes: ITS HARD TO BE HUMBLE WHEN YOUR BIG RED. In all reality Iím just hoping we play the best we can and up to our ability and let the chips fall where they may. If you do that and still lose then you lost to the better team. No big deal. At the end of the day itís a game played by 14-18 year old kids. Itís just that winning is so much more fun. ROLL RED ROLL

Agreed. I think it will be a very good game with two great programs. CM 29 BR 28
Old 11-28-17, 02:14 PM
All Region

Quote:

Agreed. I think it will be a very good game with two great programs. CM 29 BR 28
I know one thing, we get a giant bang for our buck when it comes to entertainment value. I cannot think of a better way to spend $11-15. Nothing like playoff football especially title games.
Old 11-28-17, 03:20 PM
All District

BigRedNation76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are correct....Hartley has done it....two years in a row....

But please do not stop your bashing of CM....You are giving their players and coaches plenty of locker room material.
You really think anything anyone says here plays a part in the outcome of the game? You think anonymous internet football forum postings are locker room material? If that were true it would be easy to get locker room material. Coaches make a Yappi account and bash their own team. Share it with the team and poof, locker room material.

Nothing said here plays a part in the game. Are you one of those guys who think sitting in a specific seat, or making a specific dinner plays a part in the game? You wear your old football girdle underneath your jeans on game days don't you?
Old 11-28-17, 03:49 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedNation76 View Post
You really think anything anyone says here plays a part in the outcome of the game? You think anonymous internet football forum postings are locker room material? If that were true it would be easy to get locker room material. Coaches make a Yappi account and bash their own team. Share it with the team and poof, locker room material.

Nothing said here plays a part in the game. Are you one of those guys who think sitting in a specific seat, or making a specific dinner plays a part in the game? You wear your old football girdle underneath your jeans on game days don't you?
Are you trying to say that wearing my lucky jock from HS doesn't make a difference??!!!!
Old 11-28-17, 03:58 PM
All Region

valuska is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massie View Post
Are you trying to say that wearing my lucky jock from HS doesn't make a difference??!!!!
Only if you never washed it.
Old 11-28-17, 04:29 PM
All Region

Aww oh....Iíve got 2 things I do for each game I attend. Are you guys saying that doesnít make a difference? If thatís true my wife is going to be one happy gal!!!
Old 11-28-17, 04:44 PM
Freshman

Lvolto is on a distinguished road
Cupcakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cat Magoo View Post
I guess knocking off Valley View and Wyoming(2 undefeated teams) shows a sign of playing a week schedule. Only lose was to a D3 school as time expired that was in the playoffs. If is seen it right, in which I did, there was some cupcakes on the big red schedule.
We played one d7 school while you played one d5 and d6 school. Talk about cupcakes.
Old 11-28-17, 05:44 PM
Freshman

boilerbob is on a distinguished road
direct tv

Quote:
I checked with DirectTV and was told that the games will be broadcast on Fox Sports Ohio CH 660 for a subscription price of $13.99+tax if not already a subscriber to the sports package. I checked to see if they are currently listed on their channel guide and the are NOT yet listed. I assume they will show up later in the week. If you have DirectTV you might want to keep an eye out for this option of watching the games if you can not attend.
Please post if you hear anymore about DirectTV airing games on 660, Idont want to subscribe if their not on. Other than the that the price would be well worth watching all games.. I called wtov 9 their working on getting the game on locally, which they probably will they did last year . GO RED !!
Old 11-28-17, 05:56 PM
All Region

CMxFalcons is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Here is what I see: first, your harbin points were 24 and the big red had 33, the 11th highest in all divisions. However you want to spin it, the system is designed to award teams who play teams that win. I look at the Fslcons schedule and I see a lot more really bad teams on your schedule than ours. Again, people can spin that how they want. You guys average just under 50 a game in the 10 game regular season. In the playoffs you are at about half that. In other words good teams seem to figure out how to slow down your running game and scoring. I think you can pretty much assume Big Red will also. You gained 133 yards rushing against JG and it to a pick 6 and an improbable 4th and goal from the 25
Completion to win the game. Before last Friday have you guys trailed this season by more than 1 score with 4 or 5 minutes to go? If you fall behind in this one by 14 or so I think you are pretty much guaranteed the runner up trophy. There are a couple of programs in Ohio that have won titles with the ... OK foe..... here is what we are going to do , you know it, and we know it, now stop us. CM, Mooney, Hill Davidson, Colerain and Kirtland have that mentality. If we get 8 guys in the box, that style won’t work. You can remind me of Hartley but they threw it more than you know and at the end of the day it was the pass that beat us. I’m blown away by that figure of 21 completed passes in 14 games.
Can't argue that some of the teams they saw were subpar. East Clinton, Batavia, Western Brown, Miami Trace, Northwest... all very average or below but Massie is running into issues that Steubenville has had for several years now and that's those middle of the road schools in the area simply won't play them. Massie gets in a bind schedule wise. Heard Massie was set to play Chillicothe week 5 and then they bailed last minute on them so Massie had to reach out and find someone. Looks like their league is going to always give them decent points though... New Richmond, Goshen and Wilmington seem to have some solid programs and it wasn't long ago the WB was a 7-3 or better team. I think the SBAAC is looking to try to up the level they play at in order to produce more quality programs. Heard Goshen is going to take some of the lower levels teams off the schedule and replace them with McNick and Little Miami, Wilmington already plays Valley View and heard they were getting rid of Greenville and NR seems to have dropped Monroe and Taylor so I'd say they find some better teams as well.

As a few people have said, I just look for this one to be a classic. Nothing too fancy, just good ol smashmouth football and may the best team win.

Doesn't hurt me at all that no matter what a public school will win!!! Go Falcons!
Old 11-28-17, 06:54 PM
All Ohio

SECfb is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerbob View Post
Please post if you hear anymore about DirectTV airing games on 660, Idont want to subscribe if their not on. Other than the that the price would be well worth watching all games.. I called wtov 9 their working on getting the game on locally, which they probably will they did last year . GO RED !!
I see on my guide for that Thursday night game slot, Cavaliers@ Hawks
Old 11-28-17, 07:35 PM
Freshman

Lvolto is on a distinguished road
Directv

Directv has 3 660 channels. There is 660, 660-1, and 660-2. Most of the time there schudule isn't updated until the day before.
Old 11-28-17, 07:36 PM
All Region

Quote:
Still not showing games on their guide. I will call again tomorrow and see if I can get any clarification. I'll let you know what they say.
Old 11-28-17, 07:39 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
I see on my guide for that Thursday night game slot, Cavaliers@ Hawks
Yes...I see the same. I will be really PO'd if they gave me bad info.
Old 11-28-17, 07:39 PM
All Ohio

SECfb is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Still not showing games on their guide. I will call again tomorrow and see if I can get any clarification. I'll let you know what they say.
If Spectrum has the rights to these, I did not know Fox sports could get them
Old 11-28-17, 08:43 PM
All Region

Quote:
I just spent 45 frustrating minutes on both a chat page and talking to an agent and they can NOT confirm that DirectTV will carry these games. My sincere apology for this bad information. I really hate this new age of customer service (or lack).
Old 11-28-17, 09:21 PM
All Region

Springsteen is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Yup...you are right. Massie has a great coach and athletes and their fan base is impressive and classy. Really enjoyed the game in 2015. Difference then was more depth of talent for Big Red. They were able to wear CM down in the 4th quarter (a four hour bus ride to Steubenville didn't help their cause either). They have even more depth this year with bigger and faster offensive and defensive linemen. They shuttle multiple players into the game on nearly ever snap to keep players rested. Has worked well all year and expect the same in the Championship game. Two storied football programs going head to head for the title....couldn't ask for anything better.
Was the 2015 game between these to schools only a 1 year deal?