Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Clinton-Massie by 17+ 3 2.63%
Clinton-Massie by 8-16 5 4.39%
Clinton-Massie by 1-7 30 26.32%
Steubenville by 1-7 16 14.04%
Steubenville by 8-16 46 40.35%
Steubenville by 17+ 14 12.28%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-17, 11:40 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
The Steubenville goes wide right and CM gets revenge in a huge upset 28-27
Old 11-27-17, 12:29 AM
All District

BigRedNation76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
The Steubenville goes wide right and CM gets revenge in a huge upset 28-27
High school football anything can happen. It would be more than an upset if CM actually won. But with that said there is NO WAY they score 4 tds. Only way they win is a low scoring defensive affair, play the best they ever have played, BR play their worst game of the season, and CM gets some lucky bounces. Again this could happen, I highly doubt it, but no chance they score 4 touchdowns.

Shelby high octane offense didn't do this but CM will? Laughable

As everyone predicts and expects BR wins by double digits. RRR
Old 11-27-17, 05:30 AM
All Region

CMxFalcons is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedNation76 View Post
High school football anything can happen. It would be more than an upset if CM actually won. But with that said there is NO WAY they score 4 tds. Only way they win is a low scoring defensive affair, play the best they ever have played, BR play their worst game of the season, and CM gets some lucky bounces. Again this could happen, I highly doubt it, but no chance they score 4 touchdowns.

Shelby high octane offense didn't do this but CM will? Laughable

As everyone predicts and expects BR wins by double digits. RRR
Laughable? I think not. Remember, Massie set the state scoring record and still is 2nd all time scoring in a season from Running this same
Offense. I know youíve watched them before, just saying I donít think itís laughable to think their O can score 28.

Massie Wins in the best state championship game
This year, 28-27
Old 11-27-17, 05:58 AM
All Region

valuska is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMxFalcons View Post
Laughable? I think not. Remember, Massie set the state scoring record and still is 2nd all time scoring in a season from Running this same
Offense. I know you’ve watched them before, just saying I don’t think it’s laughable to think their O can score 28.

This year, 28-27
I'm confused. Your high powered offense was held to 11 first downs and only 133 yards rushing for an average of 3.2 yds per carrier against JG and only 1 rushing TD. It took two blown coverage pass completion TDs (the only 2 completions in the game) and a pick 6 to beat a team that is arguable less talented than Steubenville. Was this just a one off offensive performance for the Falcons or was your team saving all their firepower for Big Red. It will take a significantly better performance than this to win the title. With that said, we know that Massie plays a similar style of hard nosed football as BR and the winning team will have to play their best game of the year to take the title.

Last edited by valuska; 11-27-17 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-27-17, 06:52 AM
Freshman

endZone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Offense. I know youíve watched them before, just saying I donít think itís laughable to think their O can score 28.

This year, 28-27
I won't say laughable but extremely doubtful. Maybe if you could bring your 2013 team back it would be close but this 2017 Massie team has no where near the horses of that team. They still have the big strong line but no big back carrying the mail and may even get shut out in this game. Big Red 28-6
Old 11-27-17, 07:27 AM
Retired

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Hopefully the team is not so dismissive of Clinton-Massie's chances like many Big Red fans are.
Old 11-27-17, 07:57 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Hopefully the team is not so dismissive of Clinton-Massie's chances like many Big Red fans are.
Steubenville fans have great respect for the Clinton-Massie team and are painfully aware of what can happen in the Championship game after coming up short the last two years. The outcome of this game will be determined on the field of play not by posters on this or any other forum.
Old 11-27-17, 08:13 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Pay no attention to this fool. He is just an angry Little Muskie Fan, hoping for a little “Hoosiers” story to take happen with his fishy’s of 10,000 casts. He’s not a CM fan or Big Red fan. He’s just a fan of being a rectum. Essentially a very tired, miserable old man with little else to do. He lives down in that SW part of Ohio near Massie so he’s going to act like a Falcon fan as a vehicle to spew his misery by stirring the pot. He’s hard to ignore, but if you remind yourself that he is far inferior from an intellectual standpoint to anyone posting/reading this forum.
M
You could always threaten to hunt me down and beat my azz for the 5th time...that's always entertaining.

How's the hunt for my house going? Any progress?

Old 11-27-17, 09:21 AM
Varsity

noclue is on a distinguished road
CM 29- Big Red 28

CM goes for 2 to win the game.

Many people doubted CM the two years that they won back to back state titles so CM is used to hearing things like most of you are posting. It would not shock me if Big Red won the game and it would not shock me if CM wins this game. Two great programs battling for a state title. This should be a good one. I think Massie pulls the "upset" on the final drive of the game.
Old 11-27-17, 09:41 AM
All Region

ferflog is on a distinguished road
The last time (and only time) these two played was the second game of the 2015 season. Clinton-Massie lost to Big Red 37-18. That loss snapped CM's 31-game winning streak. CM would finish their season with their only other loss, to Bishop Fenwick in the playoffs. Big Red would finish 13-1 with a loss to Bishop Harley in the State Final.

Having said all that, I remember that CM game in 2015 to be an absolute slobberknocker. The hardest hitting high school football game I think I have ever seen. Both teams came to play and laid it on the line. I expect more of the same on Saturday.

Good luck to both teams and ROLL RED ROLL!!!
Old 11-27-17, 10:04 AM
Freshman

Big Cat Magoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by valuska View Post
I'm confused. Your high powered offense was held to 11 first downs and only 133 yards rushing for an average of 3.2 yds per carrier against JG and only 1 rushing TD. It took two blown coverage pass completion TDs (the only 2 completions in the game) and a pick 6 to beat a team that is arguable less talented than Steubenville. Was this just a one off offensive performance for the Falcons or was your team saving all their firepower for Big Red. It will take a significantly better performance than this to win the title. With that said, we know that Massie plays a similar style of hard nosed football as BR and the winning team will have to play their best game of the year to take the title.
Their 2 leading running backs have been down with injuries. Total of 11 carries against JG. With that being said, they are now healthy and ready. The backs that carried the ball against JG were linebackers filling in, not your typical gashers. Will be a good tight game.
Old 11-27-17, 10:16 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cat Magoo View Post
Their 2 leading running backs have been down with injuries. Total of 11 carries against JG. With that being said, they are now healthy and ready. The backs that carried the ball against JG were linebackers filling in, not your typical gashers. Will be a good tight game.
OK...thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-27-17, 10:26 AM
Junior Varsity

Lakindo is on a distinguished road
I though we could lose to Perry. I knew we would lose last week to Shelby. Now I am going to be the arrogant fan and say Big Red rolls in this one
Old 11-27-17, 10:45 AM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
You could always threaten to hunt me down and beat my azz for the 5th time...that's always entertaining.

How's the hunt for my house going? Any progress?

Not hunting for your house. I wouldnít cross the street to pizz on you if you were on fire. Besides you have been a good boy lately. You have done what I told you to do.....since you no longer a dog in this fight go badger folks on another forum. You did good here. You irritated and aggravated the hell out of me.
Old 11-27-17, 10:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Not hunting for your house.
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black
We’re almost neighbors. I live right off 37 also just west of you a few miles.
Might want to double check your source, dude. You're off by about 130 miles.

I hope you didn't get this info from your buddy, the world's fattest golf coach.
How come you don’t have the guts to reveal yourself. Just your name. Are you ashamed of it.
Quote:
I wouldn’t cross the street to pizz on you if you were on fire. Besides you have been a good boy lately. You have done what I told you to do.....
What's that? Not mention that He Who Shall Not Be Named, Lest I Lose My Sht probably died of embarrassment at having such a weirdo son?

Quote:
since you no longer a dog in this fight go badger folks on another forum. You did good here. You irritated and aggravated the hell out of me.
That's putting it mildly. Best of luck this weekend.
Old 11-27-17, 11:02 AM
All Region

How do you translate that into hunting for your house?
Old 11-27-17, 11:04 AM
All Region

Are you like sing your touch?
Old 11-27-17, 11:06 AM
All Region

Are you losing your touch?
Old 11-27-17, 11:37 AM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
I like Big Red, 41 - 14.
Old 11-27-17, 11:39 AM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakindo View Post
I though we could lose to Perry. I knew we would lose last week to Shelby. Now I am going to be the arrogant fan and say Big Red rolls in this one
Smh...
Old 11-27-17, 11:58 AM
All Ohio

thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
Just for thought Big Red guys . The west side of Ohio owns the east side of Ohio . We have to play the game . The west side of Ohio plays a tougher by far brand of football with Big Red being the exception and up in the Youngstown area. They know it too .
Old 11-27-17, 12:05 PM
Freshman

OriginalFalconII is on a distinguished road
Does anyone in Big Red Nation like Trains?
Old 11-27-17, 12:23 PM
All Ohio

thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalFalconII View Post
Does anyone in Big Red Nation like Trains?
The real thing or Lionel types?
Old 11-27-17, 12:25 PM
Freshman

OriginalFalconII is on a distinguished road
Choo choo trains..........chooooooooo chooooooooooooo chuggga chugggaa chugggga chugggaaaaa choooooooooooooooo choooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Old 11-27-17, 01:03 PM
All Region

Quote:
Choo choo trains..........chooooooooo chooooooooooooo chuggga chugggaa chugggga chugggaaaaa choooooooooooooooo choooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
We know one dimensional teams can win big games. We donít have to look to far back to remember. But I refuse to believe any team than can complete only 21 passes is going to beat us. For CM to score like they do with zero passing game only tells me they played a bunch of weak sisters. When then do meet up with solid teams they are held WAY below their average. I think The Big Red is much more than just a solid team. If you canít throw it, how are they going to move it against a great defense with 8 in the box? Iím sure they will get theirs, but I also think John Glenn exposed the heck out of them.
Old 11-27-17, 01:04 PM
All Region

Quote:
You will see the bullet train variety on Saturday.
Old 11-27-17, 01:28 PM
Freshman

ESPN 990 is on a distinguished road
Reno on-air 1:35 today

www.espn990.com
Old 11-27-17, 01:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN 990 View Post
Does anyone know if the game will be broadcast on TV anywhere other than on Spectrum cable which no one in my area gets?
Old 11-27-17, 01:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
How do you translate that into hunting for your house?
Old 11-27-17, 01:46 PM
All District

BigRedNation76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Offense. I know you’ve watched them before, just saying I don’t think it’s laughable to think their O can score 28.

This year, 28-27
Yes I've seen tape and read up on this years CM team. I respect CM its program, kids, coaches. But yes it's laughable that CM (a running team) with this years talent on BOTH SIDES of the ball, can score 4 TDs. It's just not going to happen. You may not believe this but I bet CM coaches know this. They are saying to themselves let's control the clock, not get in a "who scores the most game" and keep it close to start the 4th quarter.

BR by double digits, 2 or 3 touchdown win.