Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-25-17, 09:16 PM
All Ohio

SECfb is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Only 10 FBS wins? Why not just say they played an FCS team? Not much different than the UNLV team Ohio st beat. And Alabama doesn't have an embarrassing 30 point loss on their resume.
Ohio St. fans feel they should get a mulligan for the Iowa game, before the votes go in
Old 11-25-17, 09:17 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
this year's b1g is better than the sec, not even close. It would be ridiculous for the big 10 to get shut out with two sec teams.
lol
Old 11-25-17, 09:31 PM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
I watched two teams today that are mirror images. Good defense, decent running game, and a QB that can't throw the football. Alabama is Michigan in crimson. Say whatever you want about OSU, but Bama is very overrated. Oklahoma is #1 and then you might as well blind draw the next 3.
lol Oklahoma crushed OSU so they are #1 lol. Oklahoma has a pretty lackluster defense. Alabama has probably three qbs better than Michigan has. Alabama to me is still #1. Although I do think Auburn may be the best now that they are rolling. I am going to laugh all the way to the bank when it is an SEC championship game.
Old 11-25-17, 09:40 PM
All Ohio

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
lol Oklahoma crushed OSU so they are #1 lol. Oklahoma has a pretty lackluster defense. Alabama has probably three qbs better than Michigan has. Alabama to me is still #1. Although I do think Auburn may be the best now that they are rolling. I am going to laugh all the way to the bank when it is an SEC championship game.
Alabama #1? Oh yeah. I forgot they got those wins against LSU and Mercer. Good call.
Old 11-25-17, 10:08 PM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
IF Whisky beat the buckeyes, who do you guys think the committee would take? Undefeated Whisky or 1 loss Bama?
Old 11-25-17, 10:11 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Alabama is in. Our only hope is if tcu beats Oklahoma.
Old 11-25-17, 10:17 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
IF Whisky beat the buckeyes, who do you guys think the committee would take? Undefeated Whisky or 1 loss Bama?
How bad does Whisky beat OSU?
Old 11-25-17, 10:18 PM
All American

darbydavidsonfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
If 2 SEC teams get in, they’ll be seeded 1/4 or 2/3. No way committee risks all SEC championship game. It would be a ratings nightmare just like 2011. They just won’t let it happen. Take that to the bank.
Old 11-25-17, 10:20 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
OSU will never get in over Oklahoma this year if both have two losses. It won’t (and shouldn’t happen). OSU has better chance to get in over Bama than Oklahoma.

I do think Bama is in. But I don’t think it’s a slam dunk yet. What if OSU happened to beat undefeated Wisky 59-0? OSU would have 3 top 15 wins & conference championship to Bama’s 0 or 1 top 15 win (depending on LSU’s ranking).

3 top 15 wins conference champs, 2 losses vs 1 top 15 win, not conference champs, 1 loss.
Guarantee committee doesn’t want to put in 2 teams from 1 conference unless they absolutely have to.
Old 11-25-17, 10:46 PM
All World

St.X fan2
This is in the wrong forum and should be moved to the college football forum. Sorry, but it does not belong here just like threads about high school teams do not belong in the college forum.
Old 11-25-17, 10:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.X fan2 View Post
This is in the wrong forum and should be moved to the college football forum. Sorry, but it does not belong here just like threads about high school teams do not belong in the college forum.
This post doesn’t belong in this thread. Moderators please remove his/her post. Thank you.
Old 11-25-17, 11:17 PM
Retired

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
What is path for OSU now. Gotta be a razor thin one.
Old 11-25-17, 11:23 PM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
What is path for OSU now. Gotta be a razor thin one.
I don't think there is a path unless Bama loses next week.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-17, 11:55 PM
All Ohio

Central OH Football is on a distinguished road
Interesting shake up with Notre Dame going down... makes the path a little easier for an Ohio State. Removes a major roadblock.

My rankings after this weeks games(based off of committee criteria)

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Wisconsin
4. Auburn
5. Georgia
6. Alabama
7. Miami
8. Ohio State
9. Penn State
10. USC
11. TCU
12. UCF
13. Notre Dame
14. Michigan State

And btw Ohio State will be hard to keep out if they win this week. Conference Champ, Two top 10 wins. Yes they have a bad loss, but the committee has proven to be forgiving. Their wins are solid. Also depending on other results Michigan State has room to move up which is another key victory for Ohio State
Old 11-26-17, 12:06 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy13 View Post
I don't think there is a path unless Bama loses next week.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Bama doesn’t play next week. No more games to improve resume.
Their positives are likely top 15 win over LSU, only 1 loss & eye test.
Negatives: pretty weak schedule, no conference championship.
Resume strangely similar to OSU 2015.
Old 11-26-17, 12:18 AM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
New Pope's Path to Playoffs for OSU

This weeks meaningful results.......

OSU pounds "the team up north".................. GOOD
Miami loses to Pitt (aka Pitiful Panthers).........GOOD
ND loses to Stanford....................................GOOD
Bama loses to Auburn..................................NOT GOOD

WHAT WE NEED NOW........

OSU pounds Wisconsin in B10 championship
TCU beats Oklahoma in Big 12 championship

Final Four........

SEC champ (Auburn/Georgia winner)
SEC at large - Alabama
ACC champ (Clemson/Miami winner)
B10 champ.......... THE Ohio State University
Old 11-26-17, 12:45 AM
All Yappi

Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tcu beating Oklahoma hurts, doesn't help. Osu won't get in over a 2 loss Oklahoma. Really feel like they are taking Bama, winner of sec, winner of acc, and Oklahoma. If Oklahoma loses, do they take a 2 loss tcu? Usc?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-17, 01:06 AM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
I really don't see a path for the Buckeyes ... the only (and slim) chance is a very impressive victory over Wisconsin (which is not going to happen) and other teams being not impressive ... and I don't know how a team that wins in the SEC or ACC championship can be unimpressive ... or Oklahoma gets beat bad and has some major injuries ... and I am not sure they factor in injuries.

To me this just shows what a complete and utter screw up the Iowa game was ... how in the world does a team with the defensive talent of OSU give up 55 points to the Hawkeyes ... I think the defense has been poorly coached all year ... makes be almost miss Luke Fickle.
Old 11-26-17, 01:07 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by darbydavidsonfan View Post
OSU will never get in over Oklahoma this year if both have two losses. It won’t (and shouldn’t happen). OSU has better chance to get in over Bama than Oklahoma.

I do think Bama is in. But I don’t think it’s a slam dunk yet. What if OSU happened to beat undefeated Wisky 59-0? OSU would have 3 top 15 wins & conference championship to Bama’s 0 or 1 top 15 win (depending on LSU’s ranking).

3 top 15 wins conference champs, 2 losses vs 1 top 15 win, not conference champs, 1 loss.
Guarantee committee doesn’t want to put in 2 teams from 1 conference unless they absolutely have to.
Bama is done

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
It was absurd that Alabama was ranked #1 all along. Their SOS was no better than Wisconsin's the entire time.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...r_alabama.html

https://www.landof10.com/wisconsin/w...agarin-ranking
Old 11-26-17, 01:48 AM
All District

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Even if OSU beats beats Wisconsin, they are behind Alabama...The horrible Iowa loss killed them.
Old 11-26-17, 01:58 AM
All District

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
It's likely going to be:
Oklahoma
Georgia-Auburn winner
Clemson-Miami winner
Wisconsin wins, Bama is out
Wisconsin loses Bama is in

Just don't see OSU making it
Old 11-26-17, 02:01 AM
All District

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
It's likely going to be:
Oklahoma
Georgia-Auburn winner
Clemson-Miami winner
Wisconsin wins, Bama is out
Wisconsin loses Bama is in

Just don't see OSU making it
I agree..If Wisconsin wins they are in...If OSU wins they don't make it...Will play in the Fiesta or Orange bowl...against Stanford/UCS or Miami.
Old 11-26-17, 06:19 AM
All Ohio

falguin is on a distinguished road
Alabama does not belong in the playoff. They have a weak sos, and they got taken to the woodshed in the rivalry game. I want to see UCF get in. They deserve it. They have beaten every team they played. If they win the conference championship against a tough Memphis team, that will be a win against another good team. I don't know what would happen, but it can't be worse than I've watched in these playoffs. TOSU got killed. Washington got killed. MSU got killed. It clearly shows that a lot of these teams aren't as good as advertised. I personally want to see tOSU win the BIG championship and play USC in the real Rose Bowl. That would be a good matchup. The only way that tOSU gets in is if Clemson wins and Oklahoma loses. I know they lost to Oklahoma, but that was months ago. Oklahoma will not be a conference champion and will not be deserving. If tOSU wins, Oklahoma loses, and MIami wins, then UCF should be in. They would be the only undefeated team in FBS. Miami lost badly to a PITT team that was 4-7 and struggled to beat a 6-5 YSU team. Let's get serious. Why should any of these teams be in instead of UCF? You don't think UCF could and would beat PITT, Iowa, Iowa State? They would, and they could beat every team that is going to play in the playoffs. Let's not forget that that conference has a really good record against the Big Boys in the lone New Years Day bowl they get. UCF should be int.
Old 11-26-17, 06:34 AM
All Region

coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Only 10 FBS wins? Why not just say they played an FCS team? Not much different than the UNLV team Ohio st beat. And Alabama doesn't have an embarrassing 30 point loss on their resume.
What does OSU have to do with me pointing out that Clemson has a better resume than Bama? Are your reading skills that poor?
Old 11-26-17, 08:43 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
Alabama does not belong in the playoff. They have a weak sos, and they got taken to the woodshed in the rivalry game. I want to see UCF get in. They deserve it. They have beaten every team they played. If they win the conference championship against a tough Memphis team, that will be a win against another good team. I don't know what would happen, but it can't be worse than I've watched in these playoffs. TOSU got killed. Washington got killed. MSU got killed. It clearly shows that a lot of these teams aren't as good as advertised. I personally want to see tOSU win the BIG championship and play USC in the real Rose Bowl. That would be a good matchup. The only way that tOSU gets in is if Clemson wins and Oklahoma loses. I know they lost to Oklahoma, but that was months ago. Oklahoma will not be a conference champion and will not be deserving. If tOSU wins, Oklahoma loses, and MIami wins, then UCF should be in. They would be the only undefeated team in FBS. Miami lost badly to a PITT team that was 4-7 and struggled to beat a 6-5 YSU team. Let's get serious. Why should any of these teams be in instead of UCF? You don't think UCF could and would beat PITT, Iowa, Iowa State? They would, and they could beat every team that is going to play in the playoffs. Let's not forget that that conference has a really good record against the Big Boys in the lone New Years Day bowl they get. UCF should be int.
Um...No

UCF wouldn't keep a half with the top 10 teams...they would probably beat Notre Dame because Brian Kelly is an awful coach!
Old 11-26-17, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
They have the 62nd weakest schedule in major college football. They aren't even going to be playing for a Conference championship.

The only way 'Bama gets in now is if TCU beats Ok.
Old 11-26-17, 09:08 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
They have the 62nd weakest schedule in major college football. They aren't even going to be playing for a Conference championship.

No, the only way Bama is out, if Wisconsin beats Ohio St.
Old 11-26-17, 09:14 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post

I might agree with this comment.

This is what I predict on Tuesday

(1) Clemson - Beat Auburn
(2) Oklahoma
(3) Wisconsin Or Auburn
(4) Auburn or Wisconsin
(5) Bama
(6) Georgia
(7) Miami
(8) Ohio State

Then after this week, Miami loses to Clemson (I see them getting killed. I was not big on Miami), Georgia loses to Auburn, and Ohio State beats Wisconsin. Would that be enough to convince people that a very beat up Alabama jumps Ohio State? Alabama has no LB's.

I'm glad I'm not in that committee. They should of started with 8 teams in 2014.
Old 11-26-17, 09:52 AM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Random thoughts....

1. System is rigged.

2. Bama is low-energy.

3. Committee is crooked.

Therefore, eliminate Big 12 (Texas to B10, etc) and you're left with 4 power conferences (instead of 5) and take champ from each.
Old 11-26-17, 10:02 AM
All American

If resumes are similar, I still don’t think committee wants to put in two teams from one conference unless there is absolutely no choice.

So again, if Wisky wins (which I think they will), they’re in. But if OSU wins, I think committee looks very seriously at OSU over Bama (right or wrong).