Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-07-17, 07:52 PM
All Ohio

SECfb is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
No, they have a game on Dec. 29th. Google will easily verify that for you.
I meant playoffs. But yes technically they do.
Old 12-07-17, 07:56 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
I could read SECfbís posts all day.

Pure gold.
Old 12-07-17, 07:58 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post

Pure gold.
Cant stand reading yours
Old 12-07-17, 08:28 PM
All Ohio

dig it is on a distinguished road
I was talking more about the SEC's pudding, but there's a strong chance you've probably eaten it already.
Old 12-07-17, 09:10 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
I am curious to see how many Buckeyes and Trojans sit out this game if they think they are going to get drafted early. Will Ward sit out? Will the USC QB sit out? By the way, the Committee does pair up the big bowl games, like the Cotton Bowl and the Orange Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl. I would have like to see the Bucks play in the Orange Bowl myself. I don't think that the Bucks will bring much of crowd to Dallas on 12/29.
Old 12-07-17, 09:21 PM
All Region

Tigerfan65 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
I am curious to see how many Buckeyes and Trojans sit out this game if they think they are going to get drafted early. Will Ward sit out? Will the USC QB sit out? By the way, the Committee does pair up the big bowl games, like the Cotton Bowl and the Orange Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl. I would have like to see the Bucks play in the Orange Bowl myself. I don't think that the Bucks will bring much of crowd to Dallas on 12/29.
The committee only puts teams in bowls after the contract bowls are filled based on conference agreements.
Orange Bowl- ACC vs SEC, Big 10 or ND
Rose Bowl- PAC 12 vs Big 10
Sugar Bowl- SEC vs Big 12
Old 12-07-17, 11:01 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan65 View Post
The committee only puts teams in bowls after the contract bowls are filled based on conference agreements.
Orange Bowl- ACC vs SEC, Big 10 or ND
Rose Bowl- PAC 12 vs Big 10
Sugar Bowl- SEC vs Big 12
I don't think that is true anymore: "In addition to the four teams selected for the playoff, the final CFP rankings are used to help determine the participants for the other four New Year's Six bowls that are not hosting the semifinals that year."

If OSU had a choice, I think they would have chosen to play somewhere warm and fun and against an opponent not so challenging because I really don't think they care about this Bowl. Surely the first team out should have been given a choice. Right?
Old 12-07-17, 11:05 PM
All Region

It is true I pulled that right from the CFP website.

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.co...172490753.aspx
Old 12-08-17, 01:08 AM
All Region

Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am with you on this. I think what Clowney (regular season games!) and McCaffrey started, will be epidemic this season. Let's face it, the "big" or "major" bowl games mean nothing anymore if they aren't in a season when they are part of the 3 playoff games.

Why risk a lucrative future livelihood to play in what is essentially now just a post season exhibition game? The Cotton Bowl means no more than the old NFL Playoff Bowl used to mean in the 1960's. (Look it up if you are too young to recall what this useless game used to be about. Although..... players in it got a free trip for a week to Miami like a Bowl Game and got paid something like $1500 (in 1960's money!) for being on the winning side in the game. Today's college bowl players get squat.)
Old 12-08-17, 07:42 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't think that is true anymore: "In addition to the four teams selected for the playoff, the final CFP rankings are used to help determine the participants for the other four New Year's Six bowls that are not hosting the semifinals that year."

If OSU had a choice, I think they would have chosen to play somewhere warm and fun and against an opponent not so challenging because I really don't think they care about this Bowl. Surely the first team out should have been given a choice. Right?
Rose Bowl is hosting a CFP play-off game. Committee assigned OSU-USC to the Cotton Bowl.
Old 12-08-17, 07:50 AM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Pure gold.
I'm with you. Him and goldenshower or what ever his name is. They will never know how much enjoyment I get from them. If they knew, they probably wouldn't post anymore. LOL!

I've lived through the Cooper and Bruce years. They were very tough years, much like what tsun is going through. I swear every tsun fan I saw was bragging and being a pompous azz. These last 15 years or so, I haven't seen or heard from them and it's the best thing since slice bread!

Now I get to read their posts, which makes them look.......... well you can figure it out. LOL!

OH!
Old 12-08-17, 07:52 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Rose Bowl is hosting a CFP play-off game. Committee assigned OSU-USC to the Cotton Bowl.
Thank you. It wasn't rocket science. Pretty easy to figure out what has happened with the big four bowl games.
Old 12-08-17, 07:53 AM
All American

hsfanOnRC is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Pure gold.
As in a pair of gold pants

I'm with y'all too El Indio.

IO!
Old 12-08-17, 09:07 AM
Freshman

Realist 101 is on a distinguished road
How did that work out last year !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
The system is rigged.........

AND many thought OSU was undeserving a few years back, but how'd that work out?
With an ncaa championship for tOSU
Pope Francis
Last year they were beaten by Penn State DID not win the Big Ten. OSU was put in over Penn State (how that happened I don't know know)and got crushed by Clemson 31 to 0. So how did that work out. The committee was not going to be embarrassed again with OSU playing Clemson.
Old 12-08-17, 09:44 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist 101 View Post
Pope Francis
Last year they were beaten by Penn State DID not win the Big Ten. OSU was put in over Penn State (how that happened I don't know know)and got crushed by Clemson 31 to 0. So how did that work out. The committee was not going to be embarrassed again with OSU playing Clemson.
Last year was last year and should have no bearing on this season, otherwise you will have basically the same teams in the play-offs every season. OSU is a better team this time of the year than they were last year at the same time esp. on the o-line, running back, and d-line. Plus the last 2 weeks OSU has scored 58 pts. and put up nearly 800 yds. against two of the statistically top defenses in the country. Once again a question no one on this thread has answered what has Alabama accomplished this year to deserve to be in the play-offs. Don't bash Ohio State but what has Alabama done to deserve to be in the play-offs.
Old 12-08-17, 10:25 AM
All Region

Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Since the National Championship is decided on a season by season basis, last year should never ever have any bearing on this years playoff field.

Another fallacy of this whole pseudo-"system" is that teams get credit (or don't if they had a bad season(s) ) for what they did last season going into THIS season. With some math based system, everyone would start as they should, dead even.

With only 4 teams, and TV interests involved, the same matchups year in and year out would quickly get tiresome and alienate a large part of the Nation. It's crystal clear that's why a larger field is coming sooner rather than later.

I will watch a lot of the exhibition.... errr..... "Bowl Games" but I wonder who else will watch a bunch of 6-6 and 7-5 teams play each other. Even the "major" bowls don't mean anything unless they are part of the playoffs. They aren't really worth watching or playing in; if you are a real NFL prospect.
Old 12-08-17, 11:01 AM
All Region

Quote:
Last year was last year and should have no bearing on this season, otherwise you will have basically the same teams in the play-offs every season. OSU is a better team this time of the year than they were last year at the same time esp. on the o-line, running back, and d-line. Plus the last 2 weeks OSU has scored 58 pts. and put up nearly 800 yds. against two of the statistically top defenses in the country. Once again a question no one on this thread has answered what has Alabama accomplished this year to deserve to be in the play-offs. Don't bash Ohio State but what has Alabama done to deserve to be in the play-offs.
Itís simple they were one of 5 teams from the power 5 that finished with only ONE loss and they certainly werenít going to put Wisc in the playoffs. Win games and your in, lose TWO games badly and your out.
Old 12-08-17, 11:20 AM
All Ohio

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Indio View Post
I've lived through the Cooper and Bruce years. They were very tough years, much like what tsun is going through. I swear every tsun fan I saw was bragging and being a pompous azz. These last 15 years or so, I haven't seen or heard from them and it's the best thing since slice bread!

Now I get to read their posts, which makes them look.......... well you can figure it out. LOL!

OH!
what has changed since? supposedly they have the best coach, the best talent according and play in the best conference to buckeye nation. but yet we see continual embarrassing losses on the national stage. just more underachieving, but yet every year the arrogant delusional fan base brags how the buckeyes are the premier program ever in the history of college football. they behave as if there is no college football played outside of ohio, and no championship that wasnt won by OSU should be recognized. in reality outside of the big ten no one gives a crap about osu they are seen as a laughing stock. the big ten is a joke and osu is the punch line
Old 12-08-17, 11:23 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
the commitee hasnt put a 2 loss team in the playoffs , why should they start now? it seems when the criteria doesnt work in favor of osu it should be changed.
Old 12-08-17, 11:23 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan65 View Post
Itís simple they were one of 5 teams from the power 5 that finished with only ONE loss and they certainly werenít going to put Wisc in the playoffs. Win games and your in, lose TWO games badly and your out.
Exactly
Old 12-08-17, 11:27 AM
All Region

Blondie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
what has changed since? supposedly they have the best coach, the best talent according and play in the best conference to buckeye nation. but yet we see continual embarrassing losses on the national stage. just more underachieving, but yet every year the arrogant delusional fan base brags how the buckeyes are the premier program ever in the history of college football. they behave as if there is no college football played outside of ohio, and no championship that wasnt won by OSU should be recognized. in reality outside of the big ten no one gives a crap about osu they are seen as a laughing stock. the big ten is a joke and osu is the punch line

I always thought the punch line was JH and tsun not being relevant anymore.

Please post more so I can laugh, please.
Old 12-08-17, 11:39 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post

I always thought the punch line was JH and tsun not being relevant anymore.

Please post more so I can laugh, please.
when was JH and tsun relevant. i never knew they were. i always viewed michigan as just another overrated garbage big ten team
Old 12-08-17, 11:44 AM
All Region

Blondie is on a distinguished road
Keep them coming.
Old 12-08-17, 11:46 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
It isn't just Ohio State fans.

Quote:
No. 1 Ohio State (1,112 points)

Total appearances: 852, 77.24 percent of all polls.

First appearance: 1936.

No. 1 rankings: 105.

Championships: Five (last 2014).

MORE: Urban Meyer sees plenty of potential for 2016

Best full decade: 1970s appeared in 92.57 percent of polls.

Worst full decade: 1940s appeared in 55.68 percent of polls.

Poll point: There have only been three seasons during the 80-year history of the AP poll in which the Buckeyes were not ranked at least once, the fewest poll-less seasons of any program
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/ar...l-time-top-100

Sorry to burst your bubble.I don't think I've ever seen anyone say there is no college football outside Ohio or that championships won by anyone besides Ohio State should be counted. Can you provide sources to these claims?
Old 12-08-17, 12:13 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
It isn't just Ohio State fans.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/ar...l-time-top-100

Sorry to burst your bubble.I don't think I've ever seen anyone say there is no college football outside Ohio or that championships won by anyone besides Ohio State should be counted. Can you provide sources to these claims?
The 1970s could be considered as one of Ohio Stateís most successful decades, having been ranked in the Associated Press' top 10 seven times. The Big Ten competition, often referred to as the "Big Two" and "Little Eight," was minimal.

During that time, the Buckeyes went to nine bowls, and won only two. They beat a formidable Southern Cal team, and an average Colorado team. But overall, Ohio State's lofty ranking in the polls did not match its performance in the bowls. 1980s the Buckeyes ranked in the AP's top 10 only twice, but they appeared in the second 10 a respectable four times. Their bowl record was 5-3. They lost to Penn State, Southern Cal, and Auburn, while they beat Navy, Brigham Young (twice), Pittsburgh, and Texas A&M. Ohio State defeated so-so bowl teams, and underperformed once again at the upper echelon. 1990s bowl record ws 3-6. wins included Brigham Young and Texas A&M again, and a last-second win over Arizona State.

The loss to Air Force was Ohio Stateís low point during their decade-long bowl run. They were ranked in the top 25 eight times, and included two appearances in the top 10. However, OSU continued to suffer more lackluster bowl showings The first 10 years of the new millennium is Ohio Stateís best decade, having won a controversial national championship in 2002, participating in 10 bowls, and a ranking in the top 25 eight times, seven of which were in the top 10.

But again, the Buckeyes' bowl record was a 5-5. The Miami and Oregon victories were the only two wins against top-notch teams. For a top-10 team most of the decade to have such a modest bowl record, is another indicator that Ohio State has been overrated. OSUís record against the SEC and Southern Cal in bowls, and the regular season over the last 40 years. Ohio State is 2-10-1 against the SEC, and 1-8 against Southern Cal for an abysmal 2-18-1.
Old 12-08-17, 12:35 PM
All American

Take it up with the AP, not me. I'm just proving you wrong that only OSU fans think OSU is the greatest program of all time. Here's how you can contact them: https://www.ap.org/contact-us

I take it you're still searching for sources of Ohio State fans saying that there is no college football outside Ohio or that championships won by anyone besides Ohio State shouldn't be counted?
Old 12-08-17, 12:44 PM
All American

Quote:
Yeah OSU is a Joke, they won the National Championship in 2014, in 15 def. ND 42-26 in the Fiesta Bowl I believe, and last year def. Big 12 champion Oklahoma. Yes they lost to Clemson but when you play good teams sometimes you get your but handed to you. However in none of your posts have you been able to justify why Alabama should be in the play-offs, instead you have to make totally inaccurate statements about The Ohio State University that are totally void of any facts. Obviously you are in total and complete envy of the Buckeyes, quite understandable.
Old 12-08-17, 01:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yeah OSU is a Joke, they won the National Championship in 2014, in 15 def. ND 42-26 in the Fiesta Bowl I believe, and last year def. Big 12 champion Oklahoma. Yes they lost to Clemson but when you play good teams sometimes you get your but handed to you. However in none of your posts have you been able to justify why Alabama should be in the play-offs, instead you have to make totally inaccurate statements about The Ohio State University that are totally void of any facts. Obviously you are in total and complete envy of the Buckeyes, quite understandable.
since when is beating ND in a bowl game the measuring stick for greatness? just like osu ND is sporting a losing bowl record. that comment was stupid beyond measure. you must have missed the post where i stated bama won 11 games and lost one. bama didnt get blown out on their home field and they didnt get taken to the wood shed by a unranked team. they also beat better competiton. you can try all you like to pump up the status of wisconsin and penn st, they were crap too. you can piss and moan all you like , but the commitee spoke and OSU isnt in the playoffs and they wont be in no matter how many tears are shed by osu fans. secfb and myself were right and you were wrong, so deal with it.
Old 12-08-17, 01:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Take it up with the AP, not me. I'm just proving you wrong that only OSU fans think OSU is the greatest program of all time. Here's how you can contact them: https://www.ap.org/contact-us

I take it you're still searching for sources of Ohio State fans saying that there is no college football outside Ohio or that championships won by anyone besides Ohio State shouldn't be counted?
actually the committee proved me right and proved you wrong. keep on crying about it if you like
Old 12-08-17, 01:34 PM
All American

Quote:
actually the committee proved me right and proved you wrong. keep on crying about it if you like
No, the committee did not. The committee did not rank the all time programs. The AP did, and they said Ohio State is #1. So yes, I proved you wrong. I'm not crying about anything, I've already told you I didn't think OSU belonged in the playoff. So wrong again.

So no sources? I'm just shocked.