Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 11-24-17, 03:39 PM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is online now
Lenten sacrifice: Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 20,234
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
No reason not to believe winning 4 more games is possible for Buckeyes. Alabama would be only clear favorite, but the Buckeyes well suited to upset them.

Two losses would most years eliminate you, but if it is one f those seasons, it's one of those seasons.

Will be no apologies necessary if they sneak in because only 2 or 3 quality 0/1 loss teams exist.
  #62  
Old 11-24-17, 03:39 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,438
serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthelites View Post
Not as much as losing on November 24 and 25.
Just looking for the line of demarcation...
  #63  
Old 11-24-17, 03:44 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,050
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Would love to see the bucks get in so they can receive a Metal Dan two years in a row
Right because there are so many elite teams this year. There is not a single one. Oklahoma is probably the best team

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  #64  
Old 11-24-17, 03:45 PM
Wildcat97 Wildcat97 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-29-05
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Posts: 8,050
Wildcat97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I’m one of the biggest buckeye fans out there. They don’t deserve to be in this year. They are too inconsistent and not a complete football team. I would love them to make it, but it doesn’t mean I think they deserve to.

Would you rather see Ohio State get in and be exposed by a better team, or go to a bowl game against another top 10 team and have a better chance at winning and end the year on a high note?
I seriously don't see any elite teams out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  #65  
Old 11-24-17, 03:49 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,805
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
In my opinion I would rather see them play another good team in a bowl game and win. You end the year on a high note and have a good offseason of getting ready for next year.

If they get in they will be exposed. Alabama will eat them alive. We saw what Clemson did last year to them. Yes they don’t have Watson this year but I still think Clemson would win by 10-14 points. Oklahoma has already proven they can beat us. I just don’t have a good feeling about it.

IF you lose to a team by 31 who just lost by double figures to Freaking Purdue, you have no business competing against the elite.
  #66  
Old 11-24-17, 03:56 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 372
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
And even if OSu wins out wouldn't Wisconsin still only have one loss? A 1 loss big ten team got in over a 2 loss big ten team last year, why would that not hold true this year? Big Ten champ got left out last year because of 2 losses.
  #67  
Old 11-24-17, 04:00 PM
HomeRunsNDunks HomeRunsNDunks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-09-12
Posts: 579
HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
And even if OSu wins out wouldn't Wisconsin still only have one loss? A 1 loss big ten team got in over a 2 loss big ten team last year, why would that not hold true this year? Big Ten champ got left out last year because of 2 losses.
Because Ohio State would beat them the day before the teams are chosen...Penn State beat Ohio State midway through the season. Timing does matter.
  #68  
Old 11-24-17, 04:02 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,805
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
And even if OSu wins out wouldn't Wisconsin still only have one loss? A 1 loss big ten team got in over a 2 loss big ten team last year, why would that not hold true this year? Big Ten champ got left out last year because of 2 losses.
Because the only good team that they would play at that point would be osu and they would have lost. Plus the committee always looks at what have you done for me right now. Losing late in the year is worse than losing early. If Wisconsin loses they are almost 100 percent done.
  #69  
Old 11-24-17, 04:02 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 29,928
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
How many times have you guys heard the CF Playoff Committee say over the years, "When we establish a hierarchy of teams, first we look at how each team has played that week. This is the most important consideration for the Committee."

All you guys can play out all the old BCS-style arguments that you want, but they don't mean sh1t.
  #70  
Old 11-24-17, 04:05 PM
tcgobucks tcgobucks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Posts: 934
tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeRunsNDunks View Post
Because Ohio State would beat them the day before the teams are chosen...Penn State beat Ohio State midway through the season. Timing does matter.
^^^This^^^^ and Wisky is #5 right now....a win over Minnesota and a loss to Ohio State surely won't move them up...lol
  #71  
Old 11-24-17, 04:09 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 372
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Timing of losses should have no bearing with the playoff system. I thought the committee looked at the total body of work?

Putting OSU in over Wisconsin would be a hypocrisy of the playoff committees theory of putting OSu in over Penn st last year.

I like how THIS YEAR buckeye fans say the Big Ten champ should get in regardless, when last year they lobbied for the exact opposite when the buckeyes couldn't make it to Indy.
  #72  
Old 11-24-17, 04:11 PM
mingua mingua is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-13-17
Posts: 46
mingua is on a distinguished road
Why should losing by two TD's at home, plus getting blown out by an unranked team get you to the playoff?

A win over Michigan gets you zilch, they are unranked, and regardless of how much stock OSU/Michigan fans put in that game, it's far less of national importance than the Iron Bowl has become. A win over Wisconsin is not likely to get you anything major, since the committee doesn't value Wisky all that highly, or else they would be in the top four now.

Face it - you can play out these scenarios all you want, but OSU failed to take care of business on the field where it counted.
  #73  
Old 11-24-17, 04:12 PM
tcgobucks tcgobucks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Posts: 934
tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
How many times have you guys heard the CF Playoff Committee say over the years, "When we establish a hierarchy of teams, first we look at how each team has played that week. This is the most important consideration for the Committee."

All you guys can play out all the old BCS-style arguments that you want, but they don't mean sh1t.
The committee says a lot of things....but in the end, their "rules" don't mean anything...they've proven time and again that they just make up their process on the fly depending on which team did what that weekend. If they are "looking at how a team played that week"....then Miami isn't in the Top 10 on Tuesday...and we all know that that won't be the case. The committee wanted nothing to do with Miami....then fell in love with them after the "big" ND win....and then moved them up even further last week even though Virginia outplayed them in a loss. The committee doesn't like to say "we were wrong"....somehow the committee's "explanation" for this loss and where they put Miami in the new ranking won't be nearly as bad as the game actually was...count on it
  #74  
Old 11-24-17, 04:18 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 372
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
You could argue a 2 loss Auburn team with a win over Alabama has a stronger resume than the buckeyes as well. This whole thread will be a moot point tomorrow around 3 pm.
  #75  
Old 11-24-17, 04:25 PM
tcgobucks tcgobucks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Posts: 934
tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
You could argue a 2 loss Auburn team with a win over Alabama has a stronger resume than the buckeyes as well. This whole thread will be a moot point tomorrow around 3 pm.
Of course they do no question. Anyone thinking the Bucks will get in has to be assuming that Bama wins out....meaning they will have eliminated Auburn and Georgia. If Auburn beats Bama....and then beats Georgia....they are in, no question and possibly even as the #1 seed.....but they won't get in with 3 losses if they lose the SEC title game.

How about this? Auburn beats Bama tomorrow and Georgia Tech somehow ends up beating Georgia giving Georgia a blowout loss to Auburn and a loss to unranked Georgia Tech.....and Alabama with 1 loss and no SEC title game shot. Georgia likely is out of the CFP Top 10. SEC title game comes around....Georgia somehow beats Auburn giving Auburn 3 losses. It's not enough to get a 2 loss UGA back into the Top 4....and Alabama still sitting there with 1 loss makes the playoff without having played in the title game. Same scenario as last year in the B1G .....Bama is the only SEC team that deserves a playoff spot
  #76  
Old 11-24-17, 04:27 PM
bkmk1 bkmk1 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-22-16
Location: Erie,PA
Posts: 489
bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Crusada View Post
Penn State protected Jerry Sandusky. They deserved it.
it's about the kids. Those players had NOTHING to do with the Sandusky scandal. So no, they didn't deserve it.
  #77  
Old 11-24-17, 04:47 PM
Con_Alma Con_Alma is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-24-06
Posts: 1,765
Con_Alma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingua View Post
Why should losing by two TD's at home, plus getting blown out by an unranked team get you to the playoff?

A win over Michigan gets you zilch, they are unranked, and regardless of how much stock OSU/Michigan fans put in that game, it's far less of national importance than the Iron Bowl has become. A win over Wisconsin is not likely to get you anything major, since the committee doesn't value Wisky all that highly, or else they would be in the top four now.

Face it - you can play out these scenarios all you want, but OSU failed to take care of business on the field where it counted.
I don't think UoM has beaten a team with a winning record. What are Wisconsin's marquee wins???
  #78  
Old 11-24-17, 05:24 PM
dograt dograt is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-29-03
Location: Dayton
Posts: 609
dograt is on a distinguished road
This isn't about OSU deserving the #4 spot. It's about them deserving it more than the other choices. If Bama and Oklahoma win out, they are in with the ACC champ.
who's #4?
2 loss ACC runner up?
2 loss SEC runner up?
1 loss B1G runner up?
2 loss B1G champion?
2 loss PAC champion?

I think if the committee thinks it's close, the B1G champ or PAC champ will go.
  #79  
Old 11-24-17, 05:35 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,126
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
The system is rigged.........

AND many thought OSU was undeserving a few years back, but how'd that work out?
With an ncaa championship for tOSU
They (and me) also thought OSU was undeserving last year. How did that work out?
  #80  
Old 11-24-17, 05:59 PM
nupanther nupanther is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-24-10
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 745
nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
They (and me) also thought OSU was undeserving last year. How did that work out?
There were some people that thought the buckeyes were undeserving the 1st year of the 4 team playoffs. How did that work out for them?
  #81  
Old 11-24-17, 06:05 PM
nupanther nupanther is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-24-10
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 745
nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
This isn't about OSU deserving the #4 spot. It's about them deserving it more than the other choices. If Bama and Oklahoma win out, they are in with the ACC champ.
who's #4?
2 loss ACC runner up?
2 loss SEC runner up?
1 loss B1G runner up?
2 loss B1G champion?
2 loss PAC champion?

I think if the committee thinks it's close, the B1G champ or PAC champ will go.
^^^
THIS

It's quite probable the #4 team will back In, whoever it may be. They all have holes in their resume. Ohio State has no one to blame but themselves if they win out and don't get in. You can also say that about the other teams in the mix. Actually no one, except probably Bama, is locked in. But it would be interesting if they were waxed by Auburn to see how far they fall
  #82  
Old 11-24-17, 06:25 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,126
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
There were some people that thought the buckeyes were undeserving the 1st year of the 4 team playoffs. How did that work out for them?
I wasn't one of them. They weren't deserving last year and with two losses they SURE as he!! aren't deserving this year. Jesus what are you thinking son?
  #83  
Old 11-24-17, 10:35 PM
Vox Crusada Vox Crusada is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-02
Location: Not Stark county-it sucks
Posts: 3,240
Vox Crusada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post


Couldn't of said it better myself
Unless you had said, “Couldn’t HAVE said it better myself”, like any fifth grader should know.
  #84  
Old 11-24-17, 10:38 PM
Vox Crusada Vox Crusada is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-02
Location: Not Stark county-it sucks
Posts: 3,240
Vox Crusada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
... Jesus what are you thinking son?
Trinitarily speaking, you’re talking to yourself.
  #85  
Old 11-24-17, 10:45 PM
nupanther nupanther is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-24-10
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 745
nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
I wasn't one of them. They weren't deserving last year and with two losses they SURE as he!! aren't deserving this year. Jesus what are you thinking son?
What am I thinking? I'm thinking that no one is 'deserving' of that #4. If team A gets gets in, team B has an argument. If team B gets in, team C had an arguement. And so on and so on. That's if the OSU favorable scenario plays out. Don't be shocked if one of the two loss teams gets in. OSU, USC, Notre Dame, TCU, ACC loser, Georgia. Auburn has two losses but I'll put thrm in 'control destiny mode
  #86  
Old 11-25-17, 12:05 AM
ECOLace ECOLace is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-12
Posts: 668
ECOLace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Timing of losses should have no bearing with the playoff system. I thought the committee looked at the total body of work?

Putting OSU in over Wisconsin would be a hypocrisy of the playoff committees theory of putting OSu in over Penn st last year.

I like how THIS YEAR buckeye fans say the Big Ten champ should get in regardless, when last year they lobbied for the exact opposite when the buckeyes couldn't make it to Indy.
Last year, the Buckeyes had 3 top ten wins, Penn State had one in a fluke game. Wisconsin hasn’t beaten any ranked teams. They avoided Penn State and Ohio State during the regular season. If you can’t see the differences in resumes.
  #87  
Old 11-25-17, 12:17 AM
ProV1 ProV1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-14-15
Posts: 1,007
ProV1 is on a distinguished road
All you people that whine that OSU does not deserve to get in may be right but IF it plays out as described, who should get in? You can't just have 3 teams.
  #88  
Old 11-25-17, 12:46 AM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 372
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Crusada View Post
Unless you had said, “Couldn’t HAVE said it better myself”, like any fifth grader should know.
Sorry bro, I'm still in 4th grade...
  #89  
Old 11-25-17, 12:52 AM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Location: At a game near you
Posts: 372
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
The Suckeyes will have 3 losses by tomorrow at 3pm and this whole thread will be irrelevant.
  #90  
Old 11-25-17, 06:42 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,126
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
What am I thinking? I'm thinking that no one is 'deserving' of that #4. If team A gets gets in, team B has an argument. If team B gets in, team C had an arguement. And so on and so on. That's if the OSU favorable scenario plays out. Don't be shocked if one of the two loss teams gets in. OSU, USC, Notre Dame, TCU, ACC loser, Georgia. Auburn has two losses but I'll put thrm in 'control destiny mode
It's this way every year. I'm sorry but no team with two losses deserves to be there unless a LOT of crazy things happen. And they haven't yet. Now, if Clemson beats Miami I definitely put OSU ahead of Miami in a heartbeat. We have a lot of football left; starting today.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 14 - PLAYOFFS) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 31 11-24-17 07:02 PM
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 13 - PLAYOFFS) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 17 11-17-17 07:24 PM
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 12 - Playoffs) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 35 11-13-17 06:26 PM
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 11 - PLAYOFFS) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 16 11-03-17 06:46 PM
Losing Records.....But In Playoffs Flying Wedge Football 60 10-29-17 08:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz