Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-07-17, 02:24 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Iíll probably get lots of pushback on this, and I would like to hear some opinions.....but I think Perry is the most elite and premier program in Stark County. I canít think of any argument to the contrary.
Canton Central Catholic
Old 12-07-17, 02:42 PM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Please define what constitutes "most elite and premier" program. Wins, D-1 athletes, former players playing college football at various levels, playoff resume, etc.?
For me playoff resume and consistent winning seasons without even being able to imagine a below 500 season. Since I think the fed is a pretty good league winning league titles certainly factors in. To me the number of D1 players produced means nothing, in fact, if you are producing them and not winning shame on you. Right now and the past few years Perry has proven to be ahead of both McKinley and WHS and from where they are and the expectations and tradition they have built they are only going to get better. I think they are better served in D2 and maybe that will happen.
Old 12-07-17, 02:42 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Are Valley Forge and Walsh Jesuit still on the schedule? It'll be the same concern next year for points to get in if so. The Fed actually did pretty well out-of-conference in 2017 so I don't see many more Harbins coming from that part of the schedule -- it could very well be less.
Perry is playing Louisville in week 5. There's no telling what effect the challenging nature of Louisville's independent schedule will have on the amount of points Perry could gain from beating the Leopards.

Based on what I've seen on Arbiter, Louisville plays Hoover, Lake, Green, and Perry weeks 2 through 5, Massillon in week 9, and Canton CC in week 10.
Old 12-07-17, 02:52 PM
All Region

Tigerfan65 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
For me playoff resume and consistent winning seasons without even being able to imagine a below 500 season.
In 2013 they were 0-10.
Old 12-07-17, 03:01 PM
All Ohio

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Perry is playing Louisville in week 5. There's no telling what effect the challenging nature of Louisville's independent schedule will have on the amount of points Perry could gain from beating the Leopards.

Based on what I've seen on Arbiter, Louisville plays Hoover, Lake, Green, and Perry weeks 2 through 5, Massillon in week 9, and Canton CC in week 10.
I look for Canfield to remain in the week 1 spot for us. Weeks 6-7-8 are still up in the air and Iíve heard nothing since the new hire at AD. Prior rumors were that our choices were slim and challenging. St V was mentioned along with Bishop Hartley in the past. Harbins from Louisville could range from one extreme to the other. We should be a solid team with a lot of starters returning so weíll see what we can put together. Looking forward to the challenge.
Old 12-07-17, 03:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
I look for Canfield to remain in the week 1 spot for us. Weeks 6-7-8 are still up in the air and Iíve heard nothing since the new hire at AD. Prior rumors were that our choices were slim and challenging. St V was mentioned along with Bishop Hartley in the past. Harbins from Louisville could range from one extreme to the other. We should be a solid team with a lot of starters returning so weíll see what we can put together. Looking forward to the challenge.
Canton CC's life as an independent in a smaller division isn't much fun when the horses aren't there, and we saw what Northwest experienced in the years between the NBC and the PAC, so I don't envy what the Leopards will likely have to take on in the future.

Getting back to the Panthers, I'm sure the Butler contract is done, so who are they opening against in 2018?
Old 12-07-17, 03:33 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
For me playoff resume and consistent winning seasons without even being able to imagine a below 500 season. Since I think the fed is a pretty good league winning league titles certainly factors in. To me the number of D1 players produced means nothing, in fact, if you are producing them and not winning shame on you. Right now and the past few years Perry has proven to be ahead of both McKinley and WHS and from where they are and the expectations and tradition they have built they are only going to get better. I think they are better served in D2 and maybe that will happen.

Please stop. Are you still on a high because of Steubeyís D-4 title? Tell your hero, Reno, he still owes us a return visit to PBTS, that he agreed to fulfill. If you are going to post that one football program is better than another, maybe you should research actual game results between those teams.
Old 12-07-17, 03:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

See, this is where your argument loses merit. A successful football program includes several factors, including having D-1 players.
Old 12-07-17, 05:02 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

That's a wash. Louisville going from one common opponent with Perry to four really limits the points the Panthers can get.

Win the big Fed games and it won't matter, of course, but with how R1 seems likely to shake down year-to-year and adding Louisville, I'd really want to get rid of that Valley Forge game.
Old 12-07-17, 05:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
That's a wash. Louisville going from one common opponent with Perry to four really limits the points the Panthers can get.

Win the big Fed games and it won't matter, of course, but with how R1 seems likely to shake down year-to-year and adding Louisville, I'd really want to get rid of that Valley Forge game.

According to the OHSAA schedule website, Valley Forge has scheduled Brunswick the week they played Perry in 2017.
Old 12-07-17, 05:33 PM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
According to the OHSAA schedule website, Valley Forge has scheduled Brunswick the week they played Perry in 2017.
But aren't Valley Forge and Normandy closing? I saw that earlier, but just trying to get clarification.
Old 12-07-17, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvhsmgr View Post
But aren't Valley Forge and Normandy closing? I saw that earlier, but just trying to get clarification.

I donít know. Someone from the Cleveland area will probably know.
Old 12-07-17, 07:08 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Getting back to the Panthers, I'm sure the Butler contract is done,
I'm not going anywhere.
Old 12-07-17, 08:10 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan65 View Post
In 2013 they were 0-10.
Whoa.....I did not know and Tigerfan65, I would have everything I own that the could never happen and didnít. Joe Estella has resolved a lot of bets within my circle. 4 years out from a winless season is concerning. But they have bounced back in a big way. That winless season.......Iím speechless. I think it says the state of Stark County football is in need of a champion in D 1 or 2 soon. I spoke about something without do8ng my homework. But again, big school ball in Stark is down. But at least the gist of my observation holds true. Right now Perry might be Stark Countyís best shot for a title.

For you Starkian Countiers......(you like that ďSTARKIANĒ moniker donít you), who is in better shape as a program......McKinley or MWHS?
Old 12-07-17, 08:15 PM
All Region

sam the butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

For you Starkian Countiers......(you like that ďSTARKIANĒ moniker donít you), who is in better shape as a program......McKinley or MWHS?
This thread is about Perry. If you REALLY want an answer start a new thread.
Old 12-07-17, 08:27 PM
All Region

Quote:
Please stop. Are you still on a high because of Steubeyís D-4 title? Tell your hero, Reno, he still owes us a return visit to PBTS, that he agreed to fulfill. If you are going to post that one football program is better than another, maybe you should research actual game results between those teams.
We donít need Massillon and they donít need us. You should be happy as a Big Red fan during weeks 11-15, (you guys havenít experienced much of those weeks) that Reno decided not to return this year. It would have been ugly. I mean running clock ugly. I hope youíre not using this years playoff run as an indicator of future success. As we all know, that region may have been the weakest region ever assembled since the playoffs began and you won you4 last AP Poll Championship. There were D5,6 and 7 teams that could have won that region. I admit to not doing my homework very well, but Iíd rather be in Perryís shoes right now than WHS. And iv3 been a fan of th3 Tigers sinc3 the AAC and the mid 60ís. How 5he mighty have fallen.
Old 12-07-17, 09:29 PM
All Region

As Tiger fans lets not respond to this ignorance, it’s absurd the way people want to instigate us in threads that have nothing to do with Massillon.
Old 12-07-17, 10:55 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
Lets keep this about Perry. To Crimson and Back , we do appreciate your kind comments ( to Perry that is,lol) Wishing all of you an early Merry Christmas !
Old 12-07-17, 11:41 PM
All Region

Quote:
See, this is where your argument loses merit. A successful football program includes several factors, including having D-1 players.
I can think of one highly successful program who wins and wins and wins and has one of the top playoff records and over 65 playoff wins, who puts very very few guys into D1 programs. In fact in the last 3 years and in 45 games in those three years, they have two runner ups and a state title and a total of 1 ONE D1 full ride scholarship player, he has was the last one tsken by Kent State. Over the last 10 years, you can count the number of D1 scholarships from this program with less than 1 hand..... and I would venture to say over the last 10 years they might have more wins than any team in Ohio outside of Marion Local. I bet dollars to donuts they have more playoff wins than anyone in Ohio in those 10 years. That debunks your theory that you have to produce D1 players to have an elite program.
Old 12-08-17, 12:13 AM
All Region

Correction

They have 2 not 1 D1 players over that period.
Old 12-08-17, 12:26 AM
All Region

Quote:
I can think of one highly successful program who wins and wins and wins and has one of the top playoff records and over 65 playoff wins, who puts very very few guys into D1 programs. In fact in the last 3 years and in 45 games in those three years, they have two runner ups and a state title and a total of 1 ONE D1 full ride scholarship player, he has was the last one tsken by Kent State. Over the last 10 years, you can count the number of D1 scholarships from this program with less than 1 hand..... and I would venture to say over the last 10 years they might have more wins than any team in Ohio outside of Marion Local. I bet dollars to donuts they have more playoff wins than anyone in Ohio in those 10 years. That debunks your theory that you have to produce D1 players to have an elite program.
Seriously start a Steubenville thread !
Old 12-08-17, 01:01 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
I'm not going anywhere.
Well played, sir.

I meant the HS football team from the Dayton area, not the man in the tuxedo who is usually the killer.
Old 12-08-17, 01:03 AM
All Region

I was debunking Maxie’s theory about having to produce D1 players to be an elite program. It fit right into this thread......I merely used The Big Red as an example to prove him wrong. Besides Meathead, I’ll post what I want, where I want and when I want. There is a function on your set-up page where you can block from your view, the posts of any individual including mine. Give it a try and you’ll never see any of my genius thinking.
Old 12-08-17, 01:16 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I can think of one highly successful program who wins and wins and wins and has one of the top playoff records and over 65 playoff wins, who puts very very few guys into D1 programs. In fact in the last 3 years and in 45 games in those three years, they have two runner ups and a state title and a total of 1 ONE D1 full ride scholarship player, he has was the last one tsken by Kent State. Over the last 10 years, you can count the number of D1 scholarships from this program with less than 1 hand.....and I would venture to say over the last 10 years they might have more wins than any team in Ohio outside of Marion Local. I bet dollars to donuts they have more playoff wins than anyone in Ohio in those 10 years. That debunks your theory that you have to produce D1 players to have an elite program.
Coldwater appreciates those kind words because it sure as heck isn't Steubenville...

In the last 10 seasons (2008-2017), Coldwater had 126 wins and a 40-6 playoff record. During that same period, Steubenville had 114 wins and a 28-9 playoff record.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 12-08-17 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-08-17, 01:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I was debunking Maxieís theory about having to produce D1 players to be an elite program. It fit right into this thread......I merely used The Big Red as an example to prove him wrong. Besides Meathead, Iíll post what I want, where I want and when I want. There is a function on your set-up page where you can block from your view, the posts of any individual including mine. Give it a try and youíll never see any of my genius thinking.
Maxie's theory is that Massillon Tiger football is the end all, be all of the universe. He finds it rather unnerving that anyone could possibly think otherwise.
Old 12-08-17, 01:36 AM
All Region

Quote:
Coldwater appreciates those kind words because it sure as heck isn't Steubenville...

In the last 10 seasons (2008-2017), Coldwater has a 40-6 playoff record. Steubenville's is 28-9.
Marion Local is 41-4. Unbelievable !

Massillon 9-8
Perry 8-3
mck 4-9
Old 12-08-17, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool Perry...Big Red...To Play in 2018?

This is the talk around Perry .
Old 12-08-17, 10:57 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Great matchup! Hopefully so. Ditto any of the 3 in any combo for that matter.
Old 12-08-17, 10:59 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
We always have room for one Big Boy highly respected opponent. Perry would be a great addition to our schedule. It would be nice to have continued the WHS series, but they arenít Big Boy any longer....the big boy in Massillon is Perry
Old 12-08-17, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
Week 3?