Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-30-17, 11:40 AM
Varsity

BleedPurple&Gold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Iím not Hyatt give me a break. Never have claimed to be and have been here long before he was ever coach so not really sure where that nonsense came from. It seems that anyone on here that is not part of the witch mob gets accused of being Hyatt. Itís silly nonsense.

Maybe it came from you talking about Hyatt like he thinks of himself. Also you quoting him verbatim at stuff he would say. Then when everyone was calling you out on here you stopped posting and now that he donít have a job you are back. Coincidence maybe but maybe not.
Old 11-30-17, 11:41 AM
All World

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Wow you guys are late to the party. Chris Holtman left Butler for Ohio State last Spring. Insert HELLO emoji.
Old 11-30-17, 11:44 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
Wow you guys are late to the party. Chris Holtman left Butler for Ohio State last Spring. Insert HELLO emoji.

Hey welcome to the party talking about Butler High school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-17, 12:12 PM
Junior Varsity

VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
Wow! You are on the wrong thread.
Old 11-30-17, 07:47 PM
All District

upthegut is on a distinguished road
If Lebanon cant get Puckett out of Centerville, I would bet he ends up here.
Old 11-30-17, 11:15 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthegut View Post
Definite possibility. He was the second choice when Hyatt got the job. There has been a complete turnover in administration here though. New Super, Principal and AD so they could be looking for someone entirely different from John. According to the job posting they are accepting applications until Dec 10th so I'm sure we're going to hear some names popping up here soon.
Old 12-01-17, 12:33 PM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthegut View Post
Puckett would be a great hire.
Old 12-01-17, 01:11 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
Puckett would be a great hire.
You would think that there are people on the previous selection committee that are going to make a strong push to get him. Obviously he had some who thought he was the better candidate. Hyatt was just a convenient hire. If they did hire Puckett that would make 3 Jim Place disciples on the staff. Just an interesting factoid.

Last edited by VBHSFB04; 12-01-17 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Remove emoji
Old 12-01-17, 03:40 PM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
You would think that there are people on the previous selection committee that are going to make a strong push to get him. Obviously he had some who thought he was the better candidate. Hyatt was just a convenient hire. If they did hire Puckett that would make 3 Jim Place disciples on the staff. Just an interesting factoid.
I'd say that's a pretty solid coaching tree.
Old 12-01-17, 09:08 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Butler should go to a really good small school and get a coach. The guy at Middletown Madison has done a remarkable job. So has the guy at Greeneview and Mike Hetrick at Brookville, with great linage.
Butler should be VERY good with the talent that resides there
Old 12-07-17, 08:48 PM
Varsity

CoachD31 is on a distinguished road
Anybody have any names of potential candidates? Where is Butler in the hiring process?
Old 12-08-17, 03:41 PM
All Ohio

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachD31 View Post
Anybody have any names of potential candidates? Where is Butler in the hiring process?
Accepting applications until Sunday. Iím hearing that there arenít too many experienced head coaches showing much interest. Will likely hire an assistant. Hope they get good support from the parents and community. Thatís a big part of being able to be successful. Donít be critical of the coaching staff and try to coach your kids because itís counter productive and sets the program back. When you are disrespecting to coaches yours kids see that and they think they too can be disrespectful. All Iím saying is regardless of who comes in please give him a chance and room to create the culture.
Old 12-08-17, 04:56 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Accepting applications until Sunday. Iím hearing that there arenít too many experienced head coaches showing much interest. Will likely hire an assistant. Hope they get good support from the parents and community. Thatís a big part of being able to be successful. Donít be critical of the coaching staff and try to coach your kids because itís counter productive and sets the program back. When you are disrespecting to coaches yours kids see that and they think they too can be disrespectful. All Iím saying is regardless of who comes in please give him a chance and room to create the culture.
Do you mean hire an assistant on the current staff?
Old 12-09-17, 10:35 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
Do you mean hire an assistant on the current staff?
Possibly. Not sure if it will be from Hyattís staff (could very well be) but I do expect a first year HC to be hired based on the little that I have heard.
Old 12-09-17, 12:21 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Possibly. Not sure if it will be from Hyattís staff (could very well be) but I do expect a first year HC to be hired based on the little that I have heard.

Trying to figure out how you have anymore info then everyone else does. Unless you are on the inside some how.

Old 12-09-17, 12:48 PM
Junior Varsity

It could be a first time HC or someone with a long resume, who knows? What I can say is interviews have been scheduled for this week. I guess the timeline for hiring the next coach has been moved way up. Initially they said they would have somebody by the end of January. I can't see the process taking that long based on where they are at right now.
Old 12-10-17, 04:53 PM
All Ohio

Everything is pointing to Puckett which if this does all come together would be a really nice hire for Vandalia. An "outsider" like many have been screaming for but well connected within the community and with some of the current staff. And no I don't have any inside scoop or info just gut feel.
Old 12-10-17, 09:53 PM
Junior Varsity

ButlerParent is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Everything is pointing to Puckett which if this does all come together would be a really nice hire for Vandalia. An "outsider" like many have been screaming for but well connected within the community and with some of the current staff. And no I don't have any inside scoop or info just gut feel.
You havent said nothing about Butler being league champs and Hyatt making them below 500. Why no post about that? Second time I ask. And Hyatt is from outside. Butler coaches never wanted him and fired him. He came from Bradford coaching. So shut up about outsiders.
Old 12-10-17, 10:52 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerParent View Post
You havent said nothing about Butler being league champs and Hyatt making them below 500. Why no post about that? Second time I ask. And Hyatt is from outside. Butler coaches never wanted him and fired him. He came from Bradford coaching. So shut up about outsiders.
Let’s be honest that whole championship was because Troy and Piqua knocked off Trotwood. It wasn’t like Vandalia was the powerhouse that vanished the second Hyatt walked in. Hyatt didn’t exactly take the program to the next level but he didn’t exactly ruin it either. It’s always been mediocre at best with exception to the Betts and Koch years. Those teams won on talent and decent coaching. Hyatt wasn’t an outsider he has worked in the district for almost 20 years so that’s as inside as it gets. This next coach will have to contend with parents like you and that’s unfortunate. I hope that the next guy gets a chance to succeed before the lynch mob comes calling with torches and pitchforks.

Last edited by TheBenchwarmer; 12-11-17 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-11-17, 10:34 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Letís be honest that whole championship was because Troy and Piqua knocked off Vandalia. It wasnít like Vandalia was the powerhouse that vanished the second Hyatt walked in. Hyatt didnít exactly take the program to the next level but he didnít exactly ruin it either. Itís always been mediocre at best with exception to the Betts and Koch years. Those teams won on talent and decent coaching. Hyatt wasnít an outsider he has worked in the district for almost 20 years so thatís as inside as it gets. This next coach will have to contend with parents like you and thatís unfortunate. I hope that the next guy gets a chance to succeed before the lynch mob comes calling with torches and pitchforks.

Your right Hyatt was a insider and I think a easy hire for a outgoing AD. But a lot of people on here voiced there concern with him being hired. They talked about his problems at the other programs he was at with other coaches and with parents so it should not have been a surprise that this came about in Vandalia. But I do remember you on here comparing him to Urban Myer and Nick Saban and that Vandalia was an intimidating place to come play and how you had never seen anyone run a program like him. You talk about mediocre teams and the only time they win was from talent back in the day. Well he had that talent and could barely scratch out wins. The senior class had won the GWOC in 8th grade and beat this years State Championship Team Trotwood with Hargrove. They won at Freshman level and at JV. The junior class did well in 8th grade also beating Trotwood, Northmont and Pique that year and they won as freshman and JV so he had talent and winners but could not do anything with it. I donít think there was a lynch mob out to get him because I remember parents buying into what he had to say at first. I think he self imploded.

Old 12-11-17, 10:43 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple&Gold View Post
Your right Hyatt was a insider and I think a easy hire for a outgoing AD. But a lot of people on here voiced there concern with him being hired. They talked about his problems at the other programs he was at with other coaches and with parents so it should not have been a surprise that this came about in Vandalia. But I do remember you on here comparing him to Urban Myer and Nick Saban and that Vandalia was an intimidating place to come play and how you had never seen anyone run a program like him. You talk about mediocre teams and the only time they win was from talent back in the day. Well he had that talent and could barely scratch out wins. The senior class had won the GWOC in 8th grade and beat this years State Championship Team Trotwood with Hargrove. They won at Freshman level and at JV. The junior class did well in 8th grade also beating Trotwood, Northmont and Pique that year and they won as freshman and JV so he had talent and winners but could not do anything with it. I donít think there was a lynch mob out to get him because I remember parents buying into what he had to say at first. I think he self imploded.

I do remember concern on here with the hire and I admit that most of that did come to fruition at Vandalia too. I really liked the things he said and the direction that he wanted to take things. Clearly it didn't work out and I'm sure there is blame to go all around. No question that there was a lot of talent on these teams over the last 5 years but it's not like Busch exactly got things going either. Yes he got them to the playoffs and I don't deny that. I don't know what's missing in Vandalia when it comes to football. But I do hope that this next coach can find the issue and fix it. This city is starving for a great program to go and cheer on Friday nights. The facilities are there and the support is there from the AD, principal, etc. Let's build a winner!
Old 12-11-17, 11:12 AM
Junior Varsity

ButlerParent is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Letís be honest that whole championship was because Troy and Piqua knocked off Trotwood. It wasnít like Vandalia was the powerhouse that vanished the second Hyatt walked in. Hyatt didnít exactly take the program to the next level but he didnít exactly ruin it either. Itís always been mediocre at best with exception to the Betts and Koch years. Those teams won on talent and decent coaching. Hyatt wasnít an outsider he has worked in the district for almost 20 years so thatís as inside as it gets. This next coach will have to contend with parents like you and thatís unfortunate. I hope that the next guy gets a chance to succeed before the lynch mob comes calling with torches and pitchforks.
You mean the Troy and Piqua that Butler beat? Hyatt cant say that. He lost to them both years. They won the title deal with it. Your pick Hyatt couldnt get it done. He teaches at Butler but the coaches there didnt hire him. Toby fired him. Bush refused to hire him. So he was not with them. He was an outsider.

Yes new coach will deal with me. If he pulls the stuff Hyatt did he will be gone too. Dont go after kids on other teams, dont fire coaches during game, dont send out stupid emails putting down parents, dont put down kids, dont lie to parents and AD. Pel begged them to not hire Hyatt. He was right.
Old 12-11-17, 01:43 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerParent View Post
You mean the Troy and Piqua that Butler beat? Hyatt cant say that. He lost to them both years. They won the title deal with it. Your pick Hyatt couldnt get it done. He teaches at Butler but the coaches there didnt hire him. Toby fired him. Bush refused to hire him. So he was not with them. He was an outsider.

Yes new coach will deal with me. If he pulls the stuff Hyatt did he will be gone too. Dont go after kids on other teams, dont fire coaches during game, dont send out stupid emails putting down parents, dont put down kids, dont lie to parents and AD. Pel begged them to not hire Hyatt. He was right.
Weíre not that different you and I. Ultimately we both want to see Vandalia get a good coach that inspires trust, commitment and good program built on principles and culture. Regardless of who the new coach is I would encourage any parents who have a concern that should arise to address it privately with the coach and not bring it to social media. Thatís not a shot at you just a general recommendation to all parents in all sports at all levels.
Old 12-11-17, 03:28 PM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know what's missing in Vandalia when it comes to football.
I feel bad for the kids and program being set back by Hyatt but I also feel vindicated as I was one of those beating the drum that he would implode. The stories I had heard from trusted coaches were so resoundingly bad. I hope that the next hire can fix this mess and give Butler a winning product on the field and classroom.

Benchy,
To start I would say:
1. Access to the weight room to start at a reasonable hour.
2. Fixing the turf field as it is very bad quality but not quite Big Ten Championship game
coming apart.
3. From a few GWOC North coaches, finding an offense to fit your players,
specifically what the offensive line can do and what they can not.
Old 12-11-17, 04:31 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple&Gold View Post

You do realize that most of the top high school football programs could care less about winning games at the Junior High, Freshman and JV levels. It is all about development so you will see teams play every player in every game regardless of the score.

The best way to build a program is to get your numbers up starting at the youth football level. The kids don't need to learn advanced scheme rather advanced technique. The coaches at that level need to focus on preparing each player for the next grade up and make sure that they have a positive experience so that they come back next year and bring a friend.
Old 12-11-17, 04:40 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
If you have 25 players from every class including seniors, you will be able to find enough players to complete at a high level if you coach them up and get them in the weight room as soon as they are ready.

Once you have a few playoff seasons and send some kids to D1 schools, you will be amazed at who shows up in your hallways the following year. Parents/players want to play for a winner and Butler is in a prime location to draw athletes from surrounding areas. There are plenty of apartments and affordable houses that would facilitate people moving in to play football. This is not recruiting, rather once you become a desired destination, athletes will start showing up.
Old 12-11-17, 08:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
You do realize that most of the top high school football programs could care less about winning games at the Junior High, Freshman and JV levels. It is all about development so you will see teams play every player in every game regardless of the score.

The best way to build a program is to get your numbers up starting at the youth football level. The kids don't need to learn advanced scheme rather advanced technique. The coaches at that level need to focus on preparing each player for the next grade up and make sure that they have a positive experience so that they come back next year and bring a friend.
Can't say it any better. Butler is going to see the consequences of having low participation rates over the next few years.
Old 12-11-17, 09:40 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post

My point about what these guys did in the other levels was more at benchwarmer talking about Hyatt really not having talent. Up till now he was all over Hyatt like he was the second coming of the Christ. As to your point about building from the bottom up is right on. There was 20 some seniors this year with 20 some juniors but the other classes have fallen off which can make the future a little bleak but like you said you win and they will come out.